[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Art thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 38
File: Martial Art Thread.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Martial Art Thread.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
Martial Art thread.
>>
Confirmed 12 year old
>>
And what I still love about them both is..

Being barefoot
>>
File: guns.jpg (22 KB, 460x482) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
22 KB, 460x482
>>608061211
...and there are guns.
>>
>>608062138
this, all I gotta do is fight them on hot coals and I have a huge advantage
>>
File: 1426735406196.jpg (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1426735406196.jpg
10 KB, 209x241
>>608061211
Its strange how posing with a bunch of dudes ALWAYS makes you look gay next to a picture with girls in it
>>
File: kiyomi-01.jpg (74 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
kiyomi-01.jpg
74 KB, 450x337
>>608062303
>>
>>608061211
You do understand that earning the first black belt only means that you have sufficient knowledge and skill of the basics that you could teach other people? Black belt basically means that you can finally begin the real learning process.
>>
If I wanted to start a martial art what would you guys recommend?
>>
>>608064683
Wing chun
>>
>>608064683
The ancient art of Shaq-fu.
>>
>>608063782
This. 3rd Degree Black Belt, Songham Tae-Kwon-Do here. Getting to black belt is practically nothing. My goal was 5th degree for a while, but I stepped away from it after 3rd degree
>>
>>608065087
Where can I learn it?
>>
Wing Chun is fucking retarded the only thing to train is MMA
>>
>>608063782
then again theres tons of people who can fight but dont have any kind of belt. So its probably more of a status symbol.
>>
>>608065821
http://kotaku.com/shaq-fu-2-is-happening-1572668014

Soon
>>
File: 1415645032643.jpg (10 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1415645032643.jpg
10 KB, 200x220
>>608064683
Depends on your bodytype, weight, how well you learn advanced techniques and whether or not you are a natural counter fighter or an attacker.
What kind of temperament do you have? Agressive, balanced or peaceful?

My advice is to go try out a few different ones and settle on the one you feel fit you the most. Karate is probably the easiest one. Jeet Kune Do is great for streetfights.
>>
>>608063782
As far as I know you can get a belt in disciplines like flower-arrangement and a traditional dojo would have to accept you as a teacher
>>
>>608066125
part of "mixed" martial arts is learning various martial arts. like wing chun
>>
>>608066125
Which is taught specifically to work withint the rules of MMA whereas reality don't give two shits about rules.
Virgin, unexperienced wannabe fighter spotted.
GTFO.
>>
pro tip: if you got to a school and they dont spar leave
Pro tip; If they do spar but dont punch in the face, leave.
PRO TIP: if they dont grapple, LEAVE
>>
>>608061211

Belts don't mean shit. The only indicator of skill is skill.
>>
Because kicking ppl in the nuts, the throat and the eyes are really hard to do. MMA is the best and its not even close. Traditional Martial Artist get really butt hurt about it but it is what it is.
>>
>>608065410
Got to red belt(one away from black) in a mere 3 years, and I started when I was like 9. Although I would have to say my instructor was nothing short of a badass motherfucker who could probably kick many asses in a fight, my class was composed of 5'3" girls who I sparred against and once got in trouble for kicking too hard. Came back when I was 15 and quit a few classes after.
>>
>>608061211
DID SOMEONE SAY MARTIAL ARTS THREAD? I'M TRAINED IN THE ART OF KICKING YOUR FUCKING ASS!
>>
File: Brock Lesnar 05.jpg (271 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Brock Lesnar 05.jpg
271 KB, 1600x900
>>608066967
>>
It depends on your body type. Asians are small framed and have very little discernable muscle mass without hulking out at the gym. Their martial arts capitalize on fighting other 4'2'' manlets. In other words, useless against people.

If you want to learn how to bugger people up in a pinch, go the Krav Maga route. Otherwise, I've had good experience with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I've got a buddy who swears by some sort of russian thing with a bunch of dodges and twirls and shit. It's funny to watch him spar because it looks like two burly ballerinas beating each other into meat paste.
>>
File: Cobra_Kai_online-video-cutter.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Cobra_Kai_online-video-cutter.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>608061211
>>
>>608064683
Start by becoming decent in karate. Its the most stable fighting stance and is the most usable. Once you realize you dont need a stupud flying jump kick to do anything but kick someone off a horse Everything changes. You become very deliberate with your punches and kicks are more of a distraction and leg breaker than anything. Seriously karate is the most practical. Learn to use their weight against them and then subdue them quickly
>>
>>608066347
Other person, but curious.

I'm 5 11, 200 lb. I'm peaceful and rather defend. What would be the first one that I should try?

When I was a kid (12-13 yrs) I praticed Karate (Brown belt [not that means any shit btw]) and I kind liked it.
>>
>>608061211
There are people who practice a martial art, following it through to black belt level. Using the experience to strengthen their character.

Then there are douchebag faggots who just want to learn how to snap arms and choke niggas out. They are swept up into the street nigger UFC MMA mentality and pay Brazillian scumfucks to give them belts on a fast track without really teaching them anything beyond what common sense would dictate. Usually these people go out, get drunk and try to fight people. They have no discipline, and no respect.

source: trained in TKD, Muay Thai, and BJJ. TKD taught me the most as a man, Muay Thai taught me character and perseverance, BJJ taught me how to disrespect innocent people and break bones. I regret wasting my time on that shit.
>>
>>608066867

MMA is structured around competition, and has rules. Because it has rules it has limitations. Sure there are some great athletes, and what they do is (in some cases) respectable in the context of the structure of a timed match, but if someone is assaulted, especially if they are smaller and weaker than their attacker then they should use weak points - throat, eyes, and groin especially - to their advantage.
>>
>>608067324
So you think if you do MMA you can't use the same skills without rules?
>>
>>608067273
Krav Maga. Seriously. It's about making an aggressor hurt really badly without causing lasting physical trauma. Make them fall down and cry, then hoof your ass far away.
>>
>>608066530
Given no rules, an MMA fighter would rek almost anyone else
>>
>>608067126

Why was he kill?
>>
>>608065410
This. 15th degree ebin meme fu yong hai, ku lo yuk monster here. Getting to eat some chinese food is the best part of china. Takes years of training, started when I was 5. Tough life nigger.
>>
there is practical karate and there is kyokushin karate which completley badass :D
>>
>>608066347
Hey im OP of the question and thanks for the awesome post, I fairly have a thin body type but not skeletal, around 150 pounds and 5'9. temperament is peaceful I guess although it could depend. Jeet Kune Do does seem like an interesting option, I'm looking for a Martial Art for just general health benefits plus the knowledge. I don't see myself getting into that many fights at all but the use in street fighting does seem like a good plus.
>>
>>608066904
For real ATA is a fucking joke(same person). I remember going to tournaments and honestly seeing the worst conglomerate of socially awkward people who think they are special because they got a plastic trophy.
>>
>>608067797

Watched the video a while back, they just picked him up and threw him out side down the block and moved his car away from the gym. No idea if he died or not. This guy was known for inviting other black belts to his "dojo" just to beat the shit out of them and take their belts. I think he eventually got busted.
>>
anyone else think belts should only be given for competitions? so many god damn black belts out there it doesn't mean anything anymore.

eg. the average karate black belt is not really much better than maybe a purple belt. same is true for most of the common martial arts.

inb4 mixedfags who are the martial arts equivalent of gunfags who think they are special forces... we get it. UFC is super cool. nice tapout shirt bro
>>
>>608061211
Just don't end up in what's referred to as a "McDojo". They just want your money. You can spot these by looking at the people. For example if you check out TKD and the people can't kick above waist high but somehow progressed past the white belt, it's a McDojo.
>>
>>608064683
sodomy
>>
>>608067575

Krav Maga is fucking nice. But I'm in bad shape. I think I'll try some other one like Karate or Boxing for a year to get back in shape
>>
>>608068136
This. If you go to theYMCA to learn Kung Fu from Sensei Doug, don't plan on using said Kung Fu beyond a playground threat to get out of an ass whomping.
>>
>>608062265
Gods love works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>608067485

Sure, but if you spend your time training only to fight within the context of a restrictive structure, then the thing that's going to come out of your body if you are ever in a violent situation is that thing that you've trained in. Instinct is influenced by training. That may work for some people, but head and face punches, which are the bread and butter of MMA, can be a bad idea. There are a lot of small, easily breakable bones in the hand, it's just common sense. Don't strike bone to bone (knuckles to skull), strike bone to vulnerable flesh (throat and neck, eyes, nose, groin, etc.).
>>
>>608064683
boxing or muaythai for striking, and then enhance it later on with some wrestling
>>
>>608068210
Don't need to get in shape. The place I went to was teaching middle aged businesswomen and my scrawny ass how to get shit done. I live in a city with a lot of knife related robbings and shit, so it was the go to for a lot of people who work downtown as it's a stone's throw away from the ghetto.
>>
krav maga is a giant piece of shit that only autistic tards think its any good.

boxing bjj masterrace.
>>
Level 90 dark Mage here.

All you plebs would cower before my troll.
>>
>>608068512
My background is mostly boxing with Krav Maga and a teeny bit of Judo. All in all, I feel comfortable getting into it with someone from the BJJ neck of the woods. Like some other guy said, BJJ is for cunts that want to get drunk and be a twat.
>>
File: 201503_2346_edafh_sm[1].jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
201503_2346_edafh_sm[1].jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>608067323
so much THIS

BJJ is such bullshit.

I have never seen so many douchebags in one place sizing eachother up

pretty sure a buzzcut mohawk and a 1 size too small tapout shirt comes as a signup bonus with every class
>>
>>608067324
You clearly have never trained in MMA. Its not like taekwon shit where the practise within a specific group of rules. you learn how to strike with knees, elbows, fists and feet. You learn from a variety of areas and positions such as the clinch, ground and other areas. You learn facets like BJJ, wrestling and judo to become competent on the ground. Mixed Martial arts simply means various useable techniques are taught. If you cant see how MMA is superior in every facet, because that's what is designed for then you're a fool. Or some lame ass in a dojo who thinks yelling "ayaa" and kicking the air is a useable skill then you're a tool.

>>608066861
In most martial arts you are correct, but in BJJ for example, it is earned through years and years of drilling, full contact sparring and tournaments. these guys sincerely know how to fuck your shit up. I am not scared of a TKD Black belt, I am however scared of a BJJ black belt.
>>
>>608068444
>knife robering
>let´s learn some empty hand martial arts
And this kids is how you get killed.
>>
>>608062265
guns are the most effective tool for self defense
those who used firearms when faced with an attack sustained significantly lower injury rates than any other method or tool
>>
>>608067218
Karate is really good if you want to learn to fight other practitioners of Karate.

For real though, under-handed stances are inherently weak and get destroyed completely by over-handed.

Muay Thai and BJJ are a fairly common pair to learn because they complement each other's weaknesses and are engaging at just about any skill level.

If you want to learn how to kill people with your bare hands, familiarize yourself with the martial arts taught in militaries.

Though most military martial arts are adjusted so that they are performable in heavy body armor and plates, most of the techniques are still applicable outside of full kit/battle rattle.

Have fun.

Karate a shit.
>>
>>608068512
amen bro
>>
File: feitosa.jpg (24 KB, 454x394) Image search: [Google]
feitosa.jpg
24 KB, 454x394
>>608061211
Kyokushin Karate Green Belt here. Wanna start Judo after I get better at karate. mma later
>>
>>608069160
Krav Maga is far from empty handed. The basics all are, but a good portion of your mid tier stuff (where your other martial arts have the colorful belts) is improvised weaponry.

Let me be clear, the first thing the instructor told us (old IDF guy) was there's nothing in your wallet worth getting murdered over. It was more anti-rape shit. The mention of knives was just to explain why there were a good chunk of 45-55 year old women making up the martial arts class. Our downtown core neighborhoods are all a 10 minute walk from the scuzziest ghetto in the city.
>>
File: tp3[1].jpg (15 KB, 293x349) Image search: [Google]
tp3[1].jpg
15 KB, 293x349
>>608069114
dropped your shirt brah
>>
>>608063782
Not true IMO. A lot of "higher level knowledge" in these arts for higher degrees seems to be grasping at straws and is focused on nuances within a system and seems to miss they key reason for a system to exist. Which is to learn how to fight. Anything above a first degree is pointless IMO since practice will make you better.

I'd rather have a first degree black belt in 2 or 3 systems than a 10th in one system. No system is so profound that their body of knowledge warrants such investigation. It's usually flowery forms which I would gladly trade in for hard application and sparring.
>>
>>608061211
so your telling me something blacc is the greatest level of attainment?
>>
>>608064683
learn kamehameha
>>
>>608064683
sumo
>>
>>608069686
kek
Do people still wear tapout shit?
I've been doing BJJ for 3 years and have a couple buddies who fight pro. Lot of them were in TKD and shit. Ive sparred with a few guys and I hardly can throw a proper punch and still beat their asses.
>>
>>608069114

>You learn from a variety of areas and positions such as the clinch, ground and other areas.

Name these areas, I don't know what the fuck you mean, you give no specifics. Also, I think you drank the Koolaid of your BJJ and MMA bullshit from what, an older brother, cousin? And if you actually do practice this stuff, have fun with that broken body five years out from now. MMA is trained (again) for sport, entertainment. They run you through the ringer for a couple of years, then IF you can take enough punches to the face, you MIGHT make it big. It's like the WWE, but without the common sense to make it fake.
>>
>>608068444
>Don't need to get in shape
>The place I went to was teaching middle aged businesswomen and my scrawny ass how to get shit done

let's play "spot the future stabbing victim"
bonus points if you can find the one who was getting laughed at the entire time

found one
>>
>>608061211
Shaolin Kempo all day son
>>
>>608064683
BJJ you will be able to take almost anyone in a 1on1 fight, and that is all you will ever need.
>>
>>608063782
Yeah in today's world maybe, back when martial arts first came to be obtaining a black belt was way more difficult.
>>
>>608070546
Sorry but real fights are never 1v1 only in your fake fights they are.
>>
>>608070163
Wow you must be some 350lb pleb

Areas would include, but not limited to:
standing, standing in the clinch, against a wall, when someone takes your back while standing, from your back, in the turtle, in a open/closed guard, mount. the list goes on. Yes MMA is a sport, but it is also highly translatable in any real world situation of unarmed combat. if you didnt believe that youre a fool.

stay salty pleb
>>
>>608070546
No. Ring fight? Great art. Street fight? You lack space and mobility. I would stab you and you would NOT be able to get away. My friends might kick you in the head of you grapple. If you aim for a throw I'd be close enough to stab you again.

No.
>>
>>608069114
>We do a lot of things in mma
A great varity of hits and techniques doesn´t mean no rules.
You are not training to find a path to soft points, nor to distract your opponent with dirty play, nor even to use any kind of weapon.
As martial art, mma is good stuff; maybe one of the bests.
But it´s just a martial art, not a real system for real fights.

Try not to fantasize with this things, or you will be putting yourself (and other unexperienced people who could trust you) in danger.
>>
>>608070869
That's where youre wrong. It teaches you to exploit the weaknesses of the other person. Have you ever even been in a fight?
>>
>>608067323
>BJJ

Man I have a great fondness of BJJ. My ex-girlfriend was great at it and we used to do this thing where I attack her from behind and did a chokehold thingie and pretended like I was going to rape her and then she beat me up and twisted on me nobbin'.

Man I like women dominating me.
>>
>>608069638
This always gets me: all your money, credit cards, documents, etc are not worth getting you murdered, but avoiding a sex intercourse does.

I wonder if men are told the same.
>>
>>608070869
I am not an MMA fighter but I worked with them. They are good. As long as a gun or knife doesn't come out in most street situations I think they can handle themselves. They are quick, hard hitting and tough. Many practiced situationals too.
>>
The problem with belts is that every dojo and trainer have different standards of achievement for each belt. What is a green belt for one may b a yellow or brown belt for another teacher.

Basically, balck belts don't mean anything unless comparing against someone from the same system or dojo.
>>
File: 1385765078645.jpg (30 KB, 790x591) Image search: [Google]
1385765078645.jpg
30 KB, 790x591
>>608061211
woot another too short to be a real athlete thread!
>>
>>608069526
This guy has the general idea.

only what matters is what you want to achieve:

1. skills, what kind of skills? self defense for real situations? do you want to learn sports? what kind of? more on standing side or on the ground side?

2. self defense and martial arts sports are 2 different worlds.

3. do you want to get fit and a new hobby? or actually are you competitive want to be best on the class?

4. if you are the competitive type, you should assess your overall physique, do you have long hands and legs vs your middle body? ppl with long torso are strong wrestlers, ppl with long legs and hands are natural kickers and jabbers with that reach.
>>
>>608062265
>>608069522
Texas pls.
>>
>>608067323
A martial art is not for teaching you how to live your life. It is for teaching you how to win a physical conflict. This should be obvious.
>>
When I was still a green belt in Chon-Tu-Kwon Hapkido, it saved my life when I was jumped by three gangster wannabes with knives/a bat.
My instructor always believed heavily in sparring and preparation for unfair fights (outnumbered, they have weapons, you've gotten surprised by a hit to the head, etc.), and I was able to defend myself and do enough damage to keep them back until I could run away.

Got cut a bit, four stitches on my ass when one of them tried stabbing me during a kick, a bruised wrist where I turned the bat from my face. Other than that, I was fine.
>>
>>608066607
>if they dont grapple, LEAVE
ur so gay you fart sprinkles
>>
>>608071924
>A martial art is not for teaching you how to live your life.
Depends a on what you're learning you ignorant fuck. Several martial arts include meditation to strengthen character now fuck off.
>>
>best martial art

Running.
>>
File: gun.jpg (31 KB, 480x417) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
31 KB, 480x417
>>608061294

Sweetie, You Are Literally So Out Of Line It’s Fucking Unbelievable. I Could Drag You So Hard Right Now But I Know You’ll Just End Up Crying. I’ve Roasted You Before And You Know It. Chances Are You’ll Just Say I Bullied You Because You’re Gay And Have Different Skin. Talk Shit Get Hit, You Don’t Wanna Mess With Me Kiddo; I’ve Got A Black Belt. I Know Threats Are Fucked Up But That’s All I’ve Been Receiving All Day, Probably From Her Royal Hoodrat Olive And All Of Her Nasty Friends. But You Can Gang Up On Me And Make Fun Of Me For Being Goth All You Want. I’ve Been Hurt A Lot. My First Boyfriend Cheated On Me, My Dad Screams If I Forget To Do My Chores, And There Are Some Days I Don’t Even Want To Get Out Of Bed In The Mornings. I’m A Jaded Teenage Girl. I’ve Been Through Shit That You Wouldn’t Even Dream Of. You Think Your Life Is Hard? Try Asking The Cutest Guy In Your Grade Out In The Middle Of The Cafeteria Only To Find Out He Has A Fucking Girlfriend. You Don’t Know My Life Or My Story So Keep My Name Out Of Your Nasty Mouth. Life Is A Battlefield And It Looks Like I’ve Already Won.
>>
>>608070840
>>608070756
If you are fighting against more than one person you cant win. Same thing if the guy has a knife, what sort of martial art you know doesnt make any difference in that sort of situation, life is not a movie fags.

If you honestly disagree with me all i can say is i feel sorry for you. Good luck getting stabed.

One more thing:
>You lack space and mobility.
Thats the point of BJJ, you dont need space or mobility, you fight close to your enemy holding him.
>>
>>608072324
till someone wants to rape you, then (in your case) you present yourself
>>
>>608072543
Again, running comes in handy in almosdt any situation. If you have the chance to 1v1 me faget then you have the chance to run.
>>
File: autism1.jpg (116 KB, 625x285) Image search: [Google]
autism1.jpg
116 KB, 625x285
>>608072498

>stabed
>>
>>608072498
bjj is a closeted homo sport. if you grapple in a street fight you deserve to get jumped. u will lose either way to a stab or a kick to the balls
>>
File: cobrakai.jpg (46 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
cobrakai.jpg
46 KB, 500x287
>>608061211
And then there are real black belts
>>
>>608072732
run from a bullet? man you tough
>>
>>608072905
This. If you end up fucking grappling you fucked up. That nigger should be on the floor already.
>>
>>608068441

This man knows what hes talking about.

Get a good striking game, get a good grappling game. Muay thai will work your kicks, boxing will work your punches. Work both your upper body greco roman wrestling and your shots.
>>
>>608063782

Except the black belts on the bottom are all high level brazilian jiu jitsu practitioners. Getting a black belt in BJJ is not the same as getting a black belt in something like TKD. Whereas you can get a black belt in TKD or some silly karate in just a couple years, you will likely be a fairly new blue belt in BJJ. It takes most people a decade to get their black belts, and that's assuming they are active (practicing and rolling 4-5 times a week).
>>
File: 1258633345.png (2 MB, 1041x1419) Image search: [Google]
1258633345.png
2 MB, 1041x1419
>>608067797
>>608068059
As far as I know, they guy was die. Really horrible. Is it gay that I like short haired girls?
>>
>>608069890
Hi Ian Brandon Anderson
nice of you to join us today
>>
Any Traditional Jujitsufags in this thread?
>>
douchebag tier:
- BJJ
- kickboxing
- Boxing
- muay thai
- "judo" (not REAL judo. just that half-assed "judo concepts" they teach in MMA classes)

nerds who pretend they know what they are talking about tier:
- krav maga
- shaolin anything

Started when i was 8 years old so i didn't know any better tier:
- tae kwon do
- karate

actual effective martial arts tier:
-all of the above if you are dedicated to the study and practical application of the art beyond classes and competition.

as my instructor used to always say:

you gotta spar. when you are not listening to me, you should be sparring. when you are not recovering from getting put on your ass, you should be sparring.
can't learn to fight without fighting.

that... that was a rough class...
>>
File: gay.jpg (67 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
67 KB, 600x404
>>608072498
>>
>>608072732
What if you have someone to defend?
>>608073033
Sure, fighting the bullet is way better.
>>
>>608073033
>almost any situation
>almost

>HURRDURR HOW R U GONA RUN FROM BULLIT

You dont. Just like no martial art will stop a bullet you tremendous troglodyte. Actually fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>608067034
surprised he didn't run and curl up into a ball after hitting himself int he chin there.
lolkekrofllokekderp
>>
>>608073121

At the end he's unconscious and they drag him and to a dumpster. But he was a homeless guy, mildly retarded, who didn't know anything and the fuckers beat the shit out him because they're assholes
>>
File: 1428148494432.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1428148494432.gif
1 MB, 386x286
>>608073121

God, they're fucking hot. Got sauce on any of em?
>>
>>608073406
fighting is better than running you fucking pussy
>>
File: hawt.gif (953 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
hawt.gif
953 KB, 1000x750
If you are a true black belt, you can fap to gif related.
>>
>>608073170
>actual effective martial arts tier:
>-all of the above if you are dedicated to the study and practical application of the art beyond classes and competition.
This nigger gets it.

Good teachers that know the importance of sparring and applications are few and far between.

There is no martial art that allows you to invest little time and effort and win against someone who has invested more.
>>
>>608073411
autism speaks!
>>
I just started taking wing chun
>>
>>608073578
>you always have to fight

This is what retards actually believe.
>>
>>608064926
My nigga
>>
>>608073578
yeah sure stand and fight with a pack of wild niggers or run. Ill take a run your take a slab
>>
>>608061211

Do any of you nerds even know who any of the people in the bottom picture are? I didn't think so.

Bunch of plebs...
>>
>>608073170
>krav maga
breaking fingers and kicking balls is pretty effective to be fair
>>
File: bullet bill.png (199 KB, 979x608) Image search: [Google]
bullet bill.png
199 KB, 979x608
>>608073578
Oh yeah? Wanna say that to my face, nigger?
>>
>>608064683
Fah Qa Tey, north monolian grapple art
>>
>>608073771
this is how retarded you are, you saying you have a better chance running from someone with a gun than taking chances and fighting for it? clearly you have zero martial arts xp
>>
>>608064926
WC is for fags. Wing Tsun is the real deal.
>>
>>608073875
If I do then am I something special?
>>
>>608072498
>fighting more than one apponent
>knife
>BJJ
Well good luck fighting someone on the ground when his friend comes and kicks you upside the head. Also fighting someone with a knife distance is your friend. BJJ is a close combat sport. Not an effective defence martial art.
>>
>>608073938
its like i can see the hair on your neck growing in realtime
>>
>>608073578
lol have fun getting bummed by a flock of niggers
>>
Thoughts on william cheung?
>>
>>608073940
Fa Sho Gey, southern californian grapple art
>>
>>608074103
>i can create circumstances that support my cowardice stance in life
>>
File: autism.gif (45 KB, 550x284) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
45 KB, 550x284
>>608073875
>>
>>608073170
>mfw when I did karate when I was 8 because I didn't know any better and quit shortly after

I was just thinking about how there was a fucking 4 year old girl in that class with a purple belt. Glad I didn't stick around. I wanna find a place to get into some real BJJ but most places that teach martial arts are retarded real life versions of pay to play video games.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
see this gook ? I knew him. Thought he was hot shit, never learned to shut his trap.
TDK instructor and competitor.
He trained from the age of 9 to 41.
Know what he stopped training at 41?
He got in a fight and got stabbed to death.
>>
>>608064683
Krav maga is teaching you most of the basic stuff and it will also be useful for defending yourself
>>
>>608073578
>fighting a bullet is better than running
I will think you are not actually this retard, but just "I´ll try to dismantling a gun with bare hands" retarded.

Well, assuming you are an expert on this, the risk to get a bullet in the head/chest is bigger the nearer you are.
So yes, if you are bare hands against a gun and you can run, just run.
>>
>>608074394
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>608068097
Rainbow colors are for Western fags. They're just a way to get dumb people to pay for tests. Your first black belt means you have made it to the novice level.
>>
>>608064683
tae kwan do, jiu-jitsu and superman 64
>>
>>608067575
>practicing literal jew art
>>
>>608064683
Jew jutsu.
>>
>>608074274
big man full of knife holes
>>
File: upside down chin neckbeard.jpg (566 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
upside down chin neckbeard.jpg
566 KB, 2048x1536
>>608074084
Yeah, you jealous of my glorious neckbeard? All you have is a little bald pussy, faggot. Now come fight me and my barrage of bullet bills.
>>
File: 1425607172953.jpg (120 KB, 1095x730) Image search: [Google]
1425607172953.jpg
120 KB, 1095x730
>>608063401
I was gonna do the same thing.
>>
>>608073959
You deserve everything that happens to you if someone pulls a gun on you kek
>>
>>608074229
kek
>>
>>608074473
learning how to disarm someone is white belt level. again zero martial arts xp
>>
File: Sakugawa.jpg (55 KB, 442x539) Image search: [Google]
Sakugawa.jpg
55 KB, 442x539
>>608061211
I trained karate for few years when I was a kid, our sensei was this old fat guy who was among the first westeners to go to japan in the 50's to study the thing, and his sensei looked somewhat like pic related, and what I heard, he used to beat you with a bamboo stick if you didn't do something right.

let me tell you, allthoug our sensei was about 160 cm tall and fat, I would not want to fight him without a fucking gun. he once did some crazy kung-fu kick on a 80 kg punching bag and that bag is propably still swinging around the fucking dojo..
>>
wow, so many people talking about knives and guns...

anyone who knows how to fight knows 2 golden rules:

1) knife attacks are savage, fast, and 80% of the time are impossible to predict and counter. if they have a knife, you are probably getting cut.
the only effective martial arts against knives are the ones that teach you how to control distance.

2) guns are the great equalizer.
all your opponent has to do is pull a handgun back about a foot and put his off hand in front of himself. he is now impervious to being disarmed before he can shoot you 3 or 4 times.
the only people who don't fear guns are the stupid and the dead.
>>
Meh. I did jido kwan, kung fu, jiu jitsu, blah blah

Fun fact: If someone attacks you they can go to jail and you can sue them. There's never been a situation in which I could not avoid fighting.

One fight, and it followed the basic wisdom: Knock them the fuck out or you end up on the ground and it's a mess. So I kicked him in the face. Just a simple, very fast but not too hard front kick, and it was over.

To be honest, after 12 years of training and shit I just got bored with it and decided to do something else with my time. All the bullshit testosterone is stupid.
>>
>>608074965
Wow. U must b so lernd in martal farts. Guns stnd no chance 4 u
>>
>>608069730
Actaully it is. How do you think we get ouruscle memory? Constant practice makes the techniques second nature.
Sure you will have a wider range of lnowledge in varying systems. But when in a real life fight where fear and adrenaline are a factor, if shit isn't hard wired into your muscles you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>608073730
Wing chung is top tier.
>You work the most important distance in real fight, the closest one
>You train self defense over anything
>You learn how other systems and martial arts work, so you can fight them properly
>>
>>608073959
Here's what you'll hear at the beginning of any martial arts/self defense class being taught by anyone with half a brain and a shred of real world experience.

>Don't ever try to fight someone who has a gun. If they have a gun just do whatever they say and and just get the fuck out of there. Your life is worth more than your wallet, watch, etc.

If you don't hear something along those lines from your instructor within the first week of being there then you should leave because you're being taught bullshit by a guy who learned how to fight by watching Jason Statham movies.
>>
Come to Scotland. We have the best martial arts instructors. Scottish Budo Association best martial arts!
>>
IF YOU BETA FAGGOTS WANNA ACTUALLY LEARN SOME SHIT

then stop jerking off to pony porn and check my you to be channel

I made my own art and train in it phoenix Arizona
https://youtu.be/Wrycd6kEbZc
>>
>>608075410
that being said, arms disarming is common practice in all self defense
>>
>>608075090
this

there is no such thing as "best or worst" when it comes to different martial arts.

true masters of their art are terrifying opponents for anyone, no matter what art they are masters of
>>
>>608075374
Guessing you study wing chun?
>>
>>608075622
True, but none of that is recommended over running. All of those disarming lessons are for incase doing what they tell you doesn't work and they still plan on killing you anyway. Which really probably leaves you with an incredibly short window of opportunity, but at that point you might as well fight, but until that point, fighting is just begging to get killed anyway.
>>
>>608073170
Dat twist ending
>>
File: This Fucking Guy.jpg (34 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
This Fucking Guy.jpg
34 KB, 680x510
>>608061211
>mfw there are tiers of black belts you must earn
>mfw experience is the strongest teacher
>>
File: 23edwfr.jpg (5 KB, 160x232) Image search: [Google]
23edwfr.jpg
5 KB, 160x232
>>608075499
I used to go to Barrhead Sports centre for grading but I stopped going as Kawasoe raped me in the toilets.
>>
>>608066607
this
>>
>>608072498
>If you are fighting against more than one person you cant win
Well, this is pretty wrong. If you let them to surround you, you are fucked.
If you keep moving so they have to fight from the front, it will be a lot of 1vs1 fight. Being more skilled and having a good cardio, you still can win this.

I prefer to fight 3 unexperienced niggers than one with a knife, by far.
>>
>>608072498
You don't get the idea. More space means you can deal with more deviations or unknowns during a fight.
>>
>>608069610
Dude i do judo, 2nd stripe blue belt.
Its fun.
>>
Just got into this thread. Never seen martial arts talked about on /b/ before, but maybe that's because there's the /asp/ board. Regardless, really cool to see so many people talking about it.

>>608075131

Well if you're within 17 feet of someone with a gun, you can run at them with a greater chance of surviving.

>>608074394

McDojos are a real problem unfortunately. When you sit down and think about it though, unless a school as a large student body, it's those crowds of kids that help pay the bills, sadly.
>>
>>608076030
>experience is the strongest teacher

This. Belts don't mean shit. Sure you practiced in a dojo against guys going half assed against you, or not even resisting at all, for 15 years and got your black belt. Now go in the ring against someone who has been training and fighting against dozens of different people with different styles who are going full force on them for half that time and doesn't have a black belt and see who wins.

>protip: it's not the autist who never left muh dojo
>>
>>608072143
>tiger shillman's detected
>>
>>608075374
I study wing chun. Shut the fuck up you douche faggot.
what's the point of saying it's better than anything else?
>>
JORGE GOT ROBBED
WORD ON THE STREET!
>>
>>608075622
it is common practice, but it is NEVER recommended practice.

of course they teach you how to do it. better to learn it and not need it and all that...
but anyone who knows how to fight knows that disarming should be literally your last resort before lethal force (and the two are usually paired)

for those who don't know, here is the escalation of force for a martial artist:

talk>run>defend and run>defend and incapacitate>defend and disarm>defend and neutralize

anyone who knows anything about risk assessment, from competition fighters to cops and soldiers knows that these are the only possible actions you can take in a confrontation, and this is the order which you should consider them
>>
>>608075371
No, it isn't. I can train in a few arts, hold no high ranks in any (nothing beyond first or 2nd degree) and I can train at home to maintain and improve muscle memory.

Physical Therapy here. I know how this works VERY well.
>>
>>608073578

The best rule of thumb for self defense is to be where harm is not. If that means running away, then run away - even if self-defense, you want to minimize as much damage you can do to safely solve the situation as possible.

>>608072035

Whoa, Anon. That's nuts. You studied purely in Hapkido? I know it's taught a lot alongside TKD places, but by itself? That's interesting. Awesome, nonetheless.

>>608069610

Judo and Karate are a nice mix. Good on you.
>>
File: the real bruce lee.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
the real bruce lee.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>
ITT: Low tier martial artist calling shit tier to everyone else.
>>
>>608075371
Essentially, you erroneously assumed because somebody doesn't pursue higher knowledge in a martial art means that they don't train. That isn't true.
>>
File: kung fu retard.jpg (37 KB, 460x329) Image search: [Google]
kung fu retard.jpg
37 KB, 460x329
>>608076392
When are we going to get rid of the stupid belt system and get like boxing where all that matters is experience? Who gives a fuck what color belt you have on, did you git gud?
>>
Anyone do Krav Maga? How hard is it to find someone who trains the full (IDF utilised) version of it inside EU?

Considering picking up for future UN work so I won't get my ass beaten in close contact
>>
>>608068097

Well the problem with that is some competitions require hours and hours of driving to get to, depending on where you live. Additionally, there's no real way to measure students well among the handful of others during the competition, for forms or sparring or breaking. It's a nice idea though, as it shouldn't just be a "You've played for X time, here's your Xth belt" sort of thing. It's sad, because down the street where I live is a blackbelt factory - they've got 8 or so people in the class, all blackbelts, ages ranging from middleschoolers to adults, and none of them can throw a crescent kick above their waist without slouching over.

>>608068003

>ATA

I have no mouth and I must scream.
>>
File: 1428024263848.jpg (26 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
1428024263848.jpg
26 KB, 500x684
>>608067037
Sambo?

Also I think a good base is
>mind
Krav mentality
>upper body
boxing for hard heavy strikes
jeet kune for light fast strikes
>lower body
Muay Thai for leg works and kicks
Taekwondo for flexibility and range

>ground
people swear by gracie
>>
>>608076565
Tsun > Chun. Chun is a watered down version that adds a bunch of fancy bullshit.
Tsun philosophy is first strike must Kill. If the fight lasts more than 15 seconds you already lost. There are no 'blocks' only attacks... time spent blocking is time spent dying. You have no time to think about moves or analyze style of the attacker.
>>
>>608076949
coloured belts are only used to indicate experience for use in matching up opponents during competition/sparring.

they actually don't mean anything outside of this, and are in no way indicative of your competency.

basically it is an easy way of saying "1st years fight first years, 8th years fight 8th years, etc"

instead of just paring everyone up randomly and having little billy who has been practicing for 5 months getting kicked in the face by wei qwon who was breaking boards 5 years before billy was born
>>
>>608076565
>What´s the point on saying what is the best system?
Getting people concerned about how effectively defend themselves and their loved ones.
>>
>>608064683
Go check up on gojyu-ryu karate; one of the major schools of Okinawan Karate. 95% of beginners mainly start learning martial arts because they want to be stronger and beat people's ass in a street-fight. Although learning martial arts is about defending yourself, the real reason why one should practice martial arts is to attain spiritual freedom and find peace within you. This is why I'd recommend gojyu-ryu karate; while it trains you to be physically stronger and fight fiercer, it also teaches you to attain spiritual freedom. Shit like MMA, boxing, krav maga are fucking jokes; these martial arts teach you to attack and kill someone, rather than for defending yourself from imminent danger. Violence should be used as a last resort; not something to take it lightly. Also, all martial arts practiced for competitive purposes are a disgrace to the name of martial arts, and those who desire to learn martial arts to beat someone on the streets should go kill themselves.
>>
Check a real man's style
>>
>>608071924

You are an absolute imbecile - you're literally like that doofus from the Karate Kid, training at the karate dojo to be a tough guy. You become strong through the experience of challenge, being tested not only as someone learning to fight, but someone learning how to live. The character that you build, through the patience of all of this and the lessons the adversity teaches you, train you to be a proper fighter. You learn martial arts chiefly to become a more happy, wholesome and content individual, to learn self-defense and protect others second. One comes naturally with the other.

>>608067323

I've been doing TKD for 8 years and I'm looking into training Muay Thai once I get my black belt, training both at the same time. How much do you think TKD translates into Muay Thai?
>>
Do Tai Chi Chuan.

I mean shit, it's literally called the Supreme Ultimate Fist and the most popular master AND his son were both called literally invincible.

Most other martial arts are just basically bits and pieces of tai chi.
>>
>>608063401
that slipper's on the wrong way, you idiot.

/reply
>>
Watch and learn plea
http://youtu.be/nFqLiwSSSMA
>>
>>608067034
didn't he got his shit beaten by a beaner?
>>
File: khattab.jpg (98 KB, 375x295) Image search: [Google]
khattab.jpg
98 KB, 375x295
>>608074751
WHEN THE BATTLE IGNITES
HE APPEARS AS A LION
>>
>>608078052
Doesnt matter. You're supposed to be looking at the foot. See >>608074767.

>slipper
>>
>>608067273
Tai Chi Chuan, or another northern Chinese kung fu.
>>
Gonna' post some top-tier martial arts comedy gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n7tGnK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TVR67ApSXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6XldR7pCFI
>>
>>608066327

kotaku?? fuck off :-D
>>
>>608078416
>empty force
I am shamed to be in the same country
>>
>>608078416

>Yellow Bamboo

Every fucking time.
>>
File: fedor_emelianenko_tom_atencio.jpg (63 KB, 377x435) Image search: [Google]
fedor_emelianenko_tom_atencio.jpg
63 KB, 377x435
all the fag opinions here
>>
>>608069526
> Karate
> Shit
>>
>>608072498
You should learn some Aikido son. You learn to defend and take out multiple aggressors, armed ones at that. Full contact is the only way to learn too.
>>
>>608070546
Bullshit.
95% of people you will fight will have no martial art knowledge, so anything will be suffiecient enough.
The difficult situations are more than 3v1
>>
>>608061211
these guys have been punched in the face so many times i can't tell their age/ethnicity
>>
>>608062904
Heh, he's right.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.