[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A minute ago this thread >601676252 404'd. It was talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Blackhole.jpg (578 KB, 4400x2475) Image search: [Google]
Blackhole.jpg
578 KB, 4400x2475
A minute ago this thread
>601676252
404'd. It was talking about describing black holes. I was the guy describing the Heisenberg Effect (actually called the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, sorry) and I wanted to continue the thread. I also wanted to expand the thread to encompass theoretical physics in general.
>>
>>601694135

they arent black
they arent holes
>>
I literally saw that thread and it 404d before I could read any of the posts. Can any anon start from scratch to describe a black hole simply?
>>
>>601694135
I meant to do >>601676252
>>
>>601694526
The big bang also wasn't big or a bang,but we don't call it "Everywhere Expansion". It sounds like a fucking MMO.
>>
>>601694544
A black hole is a point in space that is so dense that the escape velocity (how fast you must go to leave its gravitational pull) is greater than the speed of light. This means that light is unable to escape, and since light can not reflect off of it, it appears to be black.
>>
File: oh-brother.gif (346 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
oh-brother.gif
346 KB, 400x300
>>601694526
>>
>>601694979

nothing can go faster than light, unless you are a massless particle
>>
>>601695288
Indeed,therefore nothing escapes.
>>
>>601695288
Escape velocity is not an object, and therefore does not have a speed. It describes the REQUIRED speed to leave, meaning that nothing within our current laws of physics can escape a black hole.
>>
>>601694135
trap/sissy thread holla
>>
>>601694979

Except if Hawking radiation is emanated from a black hole, this must be travelling faster than the escape velocity right?
>>
>>601696134
Just a sec, I'm about to get to that
>>
>>601696227
Patiently waiting and lurking. This thread has piqued my interest.
>>
Now I want to clarify a few things, due to Stephen Hawking's recent claims involving the effect of Quantum physics on the definition of a black hole.

Firstly: Due to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, as we observe a particle, the more certain of its position we are, the more its momentum varies, and vice versa. In quantum tunneling a particle can gain a burst of momentum from energy that previously did not exist and move further than it should have been able to. That being said, energy has mass, and therefore more matter is being created when this happens. On a normal occasion an antiparticle is also created simultaneously, which collides with the original particle and causes mutual annihilation. However, due to the massive gravitational forces of a black hole, particles and anti particles that are created RIGHT at the edge of an event horizon, now called Apparent horizons, can escape, as one is created outside of the horizon. This causes the black hole to lose mass, which is the ejection of Hawking radiation in the form of the escaping particles.
>>
>>601696822

This seems an almost infinitesimally small chance of ever happening.
>>
File: Black hole.jpg (325 KB, 900x564) Image search: [Google]
Black hole.jpg
325 KB, 900x564
>>601694544
Gravity gets weaker the farther you get away from an object, ad vise versa.

Gravity is soley affected by Mass and Distance

So the surface of a 100g object that has a radius of 2 meters has more gravitational force than a 100g object with a radius of 4 meters.

A black hole is an object that is so extremely dense that the force of gravity near it is strong enough to bend the very fabric of space itself and turns space around and pulls it back towards it.

Because space bends in this way photons (light) that would fly away move along the curvature of space and towards the center of the black hole.

Because there is no light leaving the black hole it cannot be seen by the human eye, and it appears black.

This is how I understand them
>>
>>601696822
They are called Apparent horizons due to the newly described nature of black holes. The edge of the horizon causes such mass fluctuations in mass that it causes the horizon to rapidly shrink and expand by small amounts, meaning rather than being a particular line, it is a large flickering apparent horizon, apparent due to it moving more quickly than we can generally observe.

>>601697130
Except that due to that MASSIVE amount of mass inside a black hole, it actually happens incredibly often, which is seen in the large jets at the poles of black holes.
>>
>>601697325
>So the surface of a 100g object that has a radius of 2 meters has more gravitational force than a 100g object with a radius of 4 meters

Talking Just about surfaces here, If you were the same distance away from both objects the force of gravity would be the same. The point is however that you can get closer to the smaller object.
>>
>tfw you're a good Christian and know that these are just satan spheres as we call them.
>>
Now I will describe what problems I can surmise from these theories.

Firstly, hawking radiation is seen at the poles of a black hole. If the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is what causes the hawking radiation, why does it only happen at the poles as opposed to at the entirety of the black hole?
>>
>>601697978

I think that's probably to do with electromagnetism and how magnetised objects always have a pole. a black hole would be a sphere due to equal compressional forces.
>>
>>601697978
Secondly, if it is particles and anti particles being created, are only particles escaping? Because that's the only way I can see that the black hole would lose mass. Also, if so, why is that? If not, why are we not seeing anti particles jetting from the black hole as well?
>>
>>601697325

So the black hole's gravity isn't directly pulling light in, it's pulling the space around it, through which light travels?

I'd discussed this with a friend years ago. I posited that in order for light to be pulled into a black whole, as described by all those science people, that would imply that light has mass.

Since it's an energy..wave, it shouldn't really have any mass at all.

If I understand your post correctly, you've just given me an "oooh ahhh" moment.
>>
>>601698428

Wave particle Duality explains your original thoughts anyway
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.