[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask someone who finished a 6 day fasting meditation anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 7
File: sagaing-burma.jpg (37 KB, 539x374) Image search: [Google]
sagaing-burma.jpg
37 KB, 539x374
Ask someone who finished a 6 day fasting meditation anything.
>>
>>601014531
Does your ass hurt after sitting for that long?
>>
>>601014531
How much weight you lose?
>>
>>601014531
There are much easier diets to lose that weight, fatass!
>>
File: dresssales28f-2-web.jpg (114 KB, 970x1591) Image search: [Google]
dresssales28f-2-web.jpg
114 KB, 970x1591
is this dress white or blue?
>>
>>601014531
Why don't you have a job you filthy stinking hippie?
>>
>>601014649
Not as much as you would think. Only a few lbs.

>>601014574
No I was on a mediation pillow. My back is sore, but this is normal.
>>
File: Kodomo no Jikan.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Kodomo no Jikan.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>601014531
have you created a little tulpa loli sister?
what does she look like?
>>
>>601014682
I didn't do it to lose weight. It was for spiritual reasons. I am a Nichiren Buddhist
>>
>>601014531
Were you allowed to eat chocolate?
>>
>>601014882
3 lbs lost after 6 days of not eating is impossible...namaste faggot
>>
>>601014826
I own a business and my wife is a surgical nurse. We have two daughters. This meditation was planned, not spontaneous.
>>
>>601014531
Do you prefer fasting or not fasting?
>>
>>601014531
How long does it take?
>>
>>601014977
How is that different to a normal Buddhist?
>>
>>601015004
Only water. I have never dry fasted, and probably never will. I have a family, it wouldn't be fair to them if I attempt a dry fast.
>>
>>601014977
Do you stink of curry?
>>
>>601014531
I did a hamburger fast once.
>>
>>601015240
Dat edge.

Being a Buddhist is serious business guise.
>>
>>601015300
Did the curry stink make you hungry?
>>
>>601015195

First, there is no such thing as "normal" Buddhism, just like there is no such thing as "normal" christianity, or "normal Islam"

It is a form of Mahayana Buddhism created during medieval Japan.
>>
>>601015408
There is such thing as normal Islam. It's a bomb strapped to your chest and a deep fear of women.
>>
>>601014884
I don't understand your question.
>>
>>601014531
If you sneeze during the fast, does that count?
>>
>>601014531
Can you take time outs to snack?
>>
>>601015560
Count? I don't understand what you are asking.
>>
>>601015408
Sounds like some faggot version of Buddhism to me.

Should just stick with the normal version. Good old vanilla. Dependable.
>>
>>601015618
No. The only time I break from my meditation is to use the toilet.
>>
>>601014977
Did the spiritual part really work? Did you actually see Jesus or was it more like you just envision him in your head?
>>
>>601014531
are you now hungry for cock, op?
>>
File: Edgy.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>601015240
You are like this rain of broken glass. Transient, cannot create without also destroying. Cannot gain without losing, Cannot change without both.

You are no more the edge than you are the whole, and nothing at all.

Just kidding. Don't truly see you as edgy. Are you fond of animation, anon?
>>
>>601015825
Kek
>>
>>601015408
I disagree. We are finite, if you sample an entire population, you can, relative to your perspective, attempt to quantize the entire data set down and then normalize that range. I'm not fond of working numerically because it tends to incur error or give the delusion of more completeness than you really have, but that is the case, With enough information, there is a "normal" of every ideology.
>>
File: 1420973703015.png (694 KB, 856x639) Image search: [Google]
1420973703015.png
694 KB, 856x639
>>601014531
come on dude. a 6 day mediation to prove to yourself you're disciplined enough to do it is not close to being worth an insightful 20 minute session. cut you're feigned humility and tell us what you discovered if you can. if not fuck off. i'm not even trying to be edgy either, it's just super fucking lame if you actually did that and now all you can think to do is answer random questions on /b/ about it. just fucking tell us what you experienced.
>>
>>601014531
Do you take medicines to ensure transcendence?
>>
>>601015807

There is an old saying from the Chinese Master Linji:

>"Everyone has their own path for reaching the mountain top, the only idiot is the one running at the bottom of the mountain screaming at everyone for going the wrong way"
>>
>>601015818
So you were drinking shit tonnes of water, having breaks every five minutes to piss. Doesn't sound like much of a meditation. That's basically me when I'm shit posting on /b/.
>>
>>601015240
is is much different to dry fast? What issues do you face?
>>
>>601014531
>>601016036
Was it really like this?
>>
>>601016036
This. Did you see any freaky shit?
>>
>>601014531
How many attempts to make it during the whole 6 day process?
>>
File: screenshot3.jpg (56 KB, 1123x479) Image search: [Google]
screenshot3.jpg
56 KB, 1123x479
>>601014531

so why do you return to /b/ and not to reddit where all the cool meditators are?
Also why did you leave the void - sucks to be back to this rock ain't it?
>>
>>601014531
i'm interested in fasting. I've heard that it is supposed to increase your white blood cell count and switch your body into ketosis.

can you tell me what preparation you did and the differences between a dry and wet fast ( apart from the water)
>>
>>601014531
If a baby did a fast would it be able to drink breast milk? It's natural. And I'm pretty sure a baby wouldn't survive 6 days without food. Can you have applesauce?
>>
>>601016194
It's super edgy dangerous. He might die of dehydration at any moment, despite being a 15 second walk to a tap. so it's not fair on his family.
>>
File: 1403433952691.gif (492 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1403433952691.gif
492 KB, 500x300
>>601014531
The point of fasting is to improve one's discipline and to open your mind and body to the universe. Not to get on this faggot site and brag about it to other faggots.

OP is a massive cunt. Sage goes in all fields, either he's lying or he's an attention needy douchebag.
>>
>>601015115
So after six days of meditation, you are so spiritually balanced that you come to /b/? Hahahahah. Faggot.
>>
>>601016477
But I heard he actually did fasting and sometimes it works.
>>
>>601014531
If you only do 5 and half days, do you still get credit?
>>
>>601016399
Certainly. In a wet fast you must wear a nappy and soil yourself, hence it is wet. Then a dry fast, you pour sand down your japeye. For only one who has sandy a sandy bell end knows the way of enlightenment.
>>
>>601014531

more like 6 day FISTING meditation. Faggot
>>
>>601014531
I fasted at a retreat once but we were allowed to eat a little something at breakfast and dinner. And we were allowed to drink smoothies the whole time. My favorite was chocolate malted.
>>
>>601016454
thanks, just read here http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-days-can-you-survive-without-water-2014-5?IR=T didn't realise it could be so few days.
>>
>>601016667
thanks man,i guess i'm off to get some diapers. after i finish off plowing your mom of course. You know how cranky she gets without her black cock in the morning.
>>
>>601016850
You're an idiot. You need to be culled.
>>
>>601016036

It was silence. Pure silence. Not the silence we think of from noise, but silence in the mind. No thoughts. Heart beat becomes slowed. Breath is slowed. The morning light comes thru on the second day and stays for the entire 6 days alongside the darkness of night. Neither become more important than the other. The details of light and darkness along side silence breath and mind join together. Just being with no thoughts, my mind is like an empty cup floating on an ocean of water, teetering, balancing, not filling up.
>>
>>601017044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
>>
Okay I feel as if OP is huge faggot liar. If you actually did this fasting and shit. Then why are you on here answering questions about it??? You fucking share that knowledge you dont just answer random fucking questions. Are you kidding me? What did you really do? Play with your dick for six days? And you're a Buddhist yet you come onto some thread site. Why are you finding out more and learning and doing something more useful then answering these random questions. I strongly donot believe you one bit. Lol. No you seem to be a fraud in my view. And if you're a fraud go fuck yourself this is a new age dont taint it with false accusations of yourself and false information.
>>
>>601016194
I have never attempted it. I promised my wife I would never dry fast. She is a nurse, she helps me in the recovery after a long fast.
>>
>>601017044
I am sorry that it took you 6 days of not eating to achieve this

This is the natural state of the mind, not to have any process running

This just means you have been on a process this entire time.

Something worried you a long time ago and you've just got around to stop worrying about it
>>
>>601016382
It doesn't suck. I awaken from mediation with perspective. A sense of deep impermanence. It helps me to be a better husband and father. I think that is why my wife is very open to these meditative practices; she knows it is good for all of us.
>>
>>601016850
Yeh but it's not like you're in the fucking desert. You're in a house, meters away from a tap. It's not edgy, it's not dangerous, it's pretentious rubbish.
>>
>>601017044
At which point during this did you stop to go for a dump?
>>
>>601017406
dude if you're seriously not bullshitting, it seems like your mediation has mostly achieved in making you the blandest motherfucker ever.
>>
>>601016632
There is no goal once it begins. I'm not attempting 3 days or 5 days or 6 days. When its over, it is over.
>>
Ask yourself this... Should darkness be aside light at anytime? There should be no. Darkness. At. All. Obviously you cant find the light properly if you have this grim darkness aside your light. You wanna pass knowledge on and actually help humanity?? Dont answer random questions, fucking share your knowledge right now everything you experienced in this fasting, what did you find?
>>
>>601017406
>impermanence
No idea what that word means.

Oh it's some made up religious word.
>>
>>601015240
ive done dry fasts for around 4 days. any more than that and it really starts to mess with you. 3-4 days should be fine, nothing unfair about it to your family.
>>601017201
>recovery
aaaaaaaaaand now i know you're full of shit you worthless faggot. theres nothing to recover from after a measly 6 day fast.
>>
>>601017642
k now you sound way more pretentious than OP
>>
>>601017314
I'd be more apt to say you have issues if that's an average state of mind for you. Such things lose their value without contrast.

Sound more like you yourself are running from something, or have perhaps deeply accepted something. Maybe you should ask yourself if that was the right choice.
>>
>>601017603
personalities and opinions are smears on the window man

A 100% knowledgeable person will act without opinions, doing whats best in the situation for the desired outcome

Not supporting his beliefs or history or self image or any of that nonsense
>>
>>601017794
do not say you have achieved any kind of meditation with that attitude.
>>
>>601017872
No one acts without opinions.

No one is 100% knowledgeable.
>>
>>601014531
Why after that much intense meditation do you feel the need to come on /b/ of all places for attention?

This shows a profound attachment. Your meditation was a waste of time.
>>
>>601017950
Elaborate.
>>
>>601017794
dude. you're so bland. just so fucking bland. you haven't shared one fucking insightful thing in this entire thread. i don't think it would even be possible to exude such lameness if you actually did what you claim. therefore, i've decided that i don't believe you. i think you're just a guy that lies on the internet for attention.
>>
>>601017973
Sure thing, but that has nothing to do with my post or the one I replied to.
>>
>>601017794
you are stupid, in the truest sense of that word.
this guy >>601017950 is completely right
>>
>>601017872
yeah..like, wow man
>>
>>601018055
I'm not OP. Our writings styles are much different.
>>
OP here, There are a lot of people in this thread pretending to be the OP who are replying to questions.
>>
>>601014531
This guy is so over the top lieing on this one to. He is right about one thing though, he is ugly. LOL Ahhhhhhhhh more cuzing from this wonderful man. What a crock of crap he tries to spew! It's doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, seriously, I've never heard anyone in this church EVER say that. What a bold face liar this guy is. These things that he claims are taught to be said are just plain bold face lies. Where are these phrases supposed to be taught? Is there a class that it's supposed to be done in? NO! There is no such thing in this church and he well knows that! I have never seen anyone try to get a way with such lies in all my life. He is in for a very rude awakening when he gets to the judgment seat of God I tell ya that. Another thing that is actually humerous about this guy is he claims to have been a member for so long yet it's obvious that he never understood the teachings he was taught. The Goodyear example was just plain stupid! His litle laugh is so telling as well. I would really love to find out where these classes are that we are supposed to be learning these things from because there isn't any and these phrases or programming he lies about are false. Under the radar, Gee where is under the radar? What an idiot this guy is. So if there isn't any testing in this world, then what are the troubles that we face? Again, how stupid is this argument. He obviously sits around at his little desk and computer with his eye glasses and thinks up this crap and does nothing else. Don't listen to a word he is saying because he is a huge liar!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>601018134
both of you then
>>
>>601018054
born enlightened
>no self image
>only progresses others self images

Given a self image

progress self image until death

enlightenment again
>no self image
>only progresses others self images

The process you have felt stop in this experience was your self image. "I am doing these things"
>>
>>601018090
Stupid, why?

I'd be more apt to place weight in your statements if either of you seemed capable of communicating why. I'm not going to live my entire damn life merely interpolating artificial depth to buffer for other people's inability to even understand their own thoughts well enough o explain them.

Get to it, or stop responding and ask yourself why you spoke to me to begin with.
>>
>>601018146
OP here. This is true but he is not OP I am.
>>
>>601018377
are we not all OP?
>>
>>601014531
What a waste of time. The bitches you could have fucked, traps fapped to, vidya played, places visited, pizzas eaten in that time.

Either you came back with an awesome, life-changing insight and you're now wiser and smarter than ever which will yield benefits, or you've made an ass of yourself big time.
>>
>>601014531
Would taking lsd break the "fast"?
>>
>>601016534
All joking aside, I would like to hear OP's explanation for this.
>>
>>601018445

I did. I explained this here:>>601017406
>>
>>601018445
this is what's what

People look at that top list like it's lost people looking for something

Shit is we're all on a big silly adventure just trying to have a good time

people who get that idea go on checking off that first list
>>
>>601018356
>nterpolating artificial depth to buffer for other people's inability to even understand their own thoughts well enough

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
>>601017158
Lol, I somehow guess what this was before opening it.
>>
>>601018568
because most /b/ users assume this is an endless pool of different faces

instead of the same 400 or so people who have the same few personalities the entire internet has associated with 4chan /b/
>>
>>601018436
Now that's some deep meditive shit nigga.

By extension we are all faggots, or rather the faggot is within. A faggot on the road to faggotry is worth twice as many shit posters climbing a mountain of faggotry.
>>
>>601018647

>make himself understand things on an idiots terms so he can speak idiot and help the idiot out of his make believe problem that's he's too stupid to understand

This shit sucks it's like 3 6 syllable words or a string of like 30 5
>>
>>601018300
>born enlightened
No. Born with lack of delusion via lack of substance. Illusion is formed as ideas of existence, truth, and reality begin to be constructed. That state is not enlightenment, nor is it tabula rasa.

I'm not certain that a self meaningfully exists as we use the word. Nor an "I" that goes beyond a mere state. But I would say we're born with intrinsic logic and the affordances of our body as a system define our processing of stimuli. The rest cannot be tested for and is intuition, speculation, and instinct at play. We can't know if reincarnation happen, consciousness transcends the material, if we truly are machines in reductionist reality, etc.

There is a lot to be said about self image. It hinges on what one considers being "given".

There is more to life than self image and self fixation. even if every single thing you ever see, interact with, or experience, is only ever yourself.

The only issue here is you don't acknowledge ambiguity and instead choose blind certainty that your ideas are enlightened and others are invalid. Typical.
>>
>>601017186
>this is a new age

Okay, if you're going to say that, please explain it and share some knowledge as well. You are hinting that you have your own knowledge but you haven't shared it...or have you?
>>
>>601018747
literally the point of all eastern religions

(remember west religions just wanted authority)
>>
>>601017201
If she's a nurse, have her hook up an IV to keep you alive but not so much that you have to pee yourself to avoid getting up.

I think you're lying though.
>>
>>601018436
Depends. Everything you see and experience around you, could be argued to be only you. Everything is formed and given form by your mind's logic. It's all ideas in your head from information you gathered and processed.

None of it is a 1:1 representation of reality. It's all you. Everyone around you... also, they're you. When you see them, or are you seeing your idea of them? When you look at others are you seeing their being, or are you simply looking in a mirror?

Everywhere you go, you create. You create everything, when you die. Everything goes with you. It's as though you are God and the universe.

Not a comfortable thought in some ways, but arguably a truth on some level.
>>
>>601017973
Um, 2 + 2 = 4, dawg.

There are plenty of cases where, in the context, you have all possible knowledge.

Unless you want to discuss the probability that 2 + 2 ≠ 4.
>>
>>601019052

The drinking of water is part of the meditation. The cold water going down the throat hitting an empty belly becomes a focus point in the mediation. So do the bodily sounds.
>>
>>601018875
you've put a lot of words in my mouth

enlightenment is taking in data as data and not constructing a thing out of it
>>
>>601019217
>There are plenty of cases where, in the context, you have all possible knowledge.

There are none. You're of finite mind.

You created an abstract system, but does it really mean anything? Is there a oneness, a twoness, a threeness? Do discrete quantities actually exist to give reality to the statement "2+2=4"?

Even language. If you knew every part of a language, you wouldn't have have complete knowledge of how other people string it together or view it themselves. Your usage is still limited by lack of information, despite supposedly having complete knowledge of a system. It shows the knowledge is not so complete.

You cannot prove 2+2 will always equal 4, if it even does right now, or if those terms are even meaningful.
>>
>>601018875
or how about this

your idea of the baby-enlightenment is keeping you from re-entering it and this is why you became so sour over my posts

>captcha was vishnu
>>
>>601019362
How would doing that mean you're enlightened? Enabling your computer's webcam without any programs using it doesn't mean the webcam is suddenly enlightened, it's just idling.
>>
>>601019362
Guess enlightenment is likely impossible then. We quantize everything we take in into a range we can process and comprehend in perspective. it's a not a choice, our conscious mind is locked out from those elementary forms.

Oh well. I guess I'm decently enlightened naturally. It's a shame more people don't understand how to hold onto information and give it varying weights in an overall framework of knowledge without assigning a trueness, falseness, or whateverness to it.

Sounds like we don't agree with the base fundamentals of things. People are certainly not born enlightened, infants are wired form rapid learning, and that very much means making judgements and constructing things.
>>
>>601019749
This is closer!

if you had shape recognition software built into the camera, that instead of showing you the raw colored pixels it would assume what the things were and make a NEW image to show it to you

That's what we're dealing with here, removing that software and looking at the camera ourselves
>>
>>601019534
I'd be able to re-evaluate it if I was given information that caused it to rebuild in a different way. At present, I have been given nothing.

Hence, spending my entire life fucking around, lying to myself saying I don't know anything, and interpolating artificial meaning and depth to other people's nonsense they never seem quite inclined to follow with anything, which ultimately obsessively rehashes what I already have in my head and says more about me than anything else.

If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise I'm going to sleep. I ought to've been there a long time ago.
>>
>>601019520
Which is why I said, within a context.

With simple systems that start off with some assumptions, from a practical standpoint you can have 100% and not need any opinion. That's why I used the example "2 + 2 = 4".

Anyway, this is just an argument of definitions I think. I suspect I'd agree with you if you rephrased your statement.
>>
>>601019786
Instant of birth, not having memories of the shapes to assume the shape must be the memory

I hate saying this guys name in every one of these threads but read about the life of Richard Alpert. He was concerned about these kinds of things and wrote what happened to him. Talks just like we do.
>>
>>601019987
We can't view what things truly are. We don't even know if an objective substrate exists.

The elementary forms our own mind uses vary per any given instant. And it doesn't always tell us much about why our higher thoughts are as they are. Or give us means to change them.
>>
>>601019987
In the webcam analogy, where the webcam is enlightened due to no apps using it, *who/what* is the one looking at the camera?

I understand this analogy may not be perfect ;)

Are you saying enlightment means somehow being able to know as much as it's possible to know about yourself?
>>
>>601020102
We're two of all the friends in the big silly adventure together.

Realizing these things will give you just that, moments of realization.

The highest people along these lines have days where they wonder if they are doing it right, and they cry.

Today I was worried because I still cannot find a job. The moment of worry passed and I observed the data, and knew what was going on.

Reaching enlightenment will not change anything about anything

Watch the movie Antz
>>
>>601020169
In truth, I have spent much of my time living a double life. I feel as though I was killed at one point, and replaced. I'm someone else who has a younger person who is supposedly me's hacked together memories. Such thoughts are uncomfortable, and eventually I attempted to abandon them and seek internal unity. Acknowledge and accept these memories that I had locked away and disconnected... probably.

There are a lot of holes in my memory. And there are a few segments I can see, they're visible. I know they exist, but I cannot access them. My mind pushes back. I have a lot of hazy memories that may or may not even be real surrounding that time period and various other places. At a certain point I had to move on. Psychologically I am already split well beyond reconciliation, not just in a real sense, but in a sense where I would even desire to become truly one.

I do have a lot of early childhood memories. Some trippy things. Things I can't quite explain. My mother used to tell me "look, he's been a baby before." Perhaps I'm running from my inability to put things together coherently, maybe I just got sick of it and it doesn't matter anymore. I'm me. Whatever that might mean.

Buddhism makes far too many philosophical assumptions for my taste. I guess I'm just not into it.
>>
>>601020306
Can you simplify what you said without losing any meaning.

I get that there's no way to know if what we experience actually exists out there or is "in our mind". I also understand that we don't know if there is any difference between "us" and the rest of reality. So, no way to know if other people exist.

My current thought on this is that we know nothing for certain. You might say "The only thing we know is that we are here right now experiencing sight/sound etc + memories + current thoughts"

However, since there's no way to prove that "logic" is 100% truthworth, really, we don't even know if we know nothing at all or not.

So there's no good, final say on the topic of, what's the only thing we can say is definitively true.
>>
>>601020891
This sounds like mental illness.

The simplest explanation is often, but not always, the correct one.
>>
>>601020388
You are observer, eye is webcam, your brain is the application

enlightenment is when you're seeing the colors in the camera, not the 3d model of the picture the application made for you

>>601020306
This kind of stuff is where people get into the "planes of existence"

Changing the elementary forms your psyche uses to understand things

Oriental religions have the highest plane as "being with Yin and Yan" The people in this state of mind don't "see" people and animals and rocks and plants, they only see yin and yan and know that everything is those two beings dancing with each other

No, they see all the colors and shapes you see. They understand all positive things as being the same entity, and all negative things as another entity.

Hindus have a step higher than this where it is all one being dancing around itself
_______

Enlightenment would be the ability to see what you are seeing now as each of these things, depending on which you wanted to.
>>
>>601020552
Well we're certainly uncertain... least I'm pretty sure I am.

Clarity, huh. I don't know anon. Perhaps I don't care either. A reductionist viewpoint of reality is the most useful one at present, even if I do not have blind faith in any such things.

Thank you for communicating with me. I must sleep.
>>
>>601021135
The path of least resistance, or the heuristic the makes the least assumptions, varies in how correct it truly is.

But, I agree with you. My external environment, and my memories, all tell a similar story. The path of least resistance is, despite a lack of any real proof, to just go along with em. Probably correct, and even if it isn't, how would I know and would it even matter. It's real enough, real as it gets.
>>
>>601021202
If enlightenment is letting experiencing your senses only, why is it such a big deal?

Beyond the accomplishment itself and benefits that meditation brings, why use the term "enlightenment"?

Enlightenment implies some new knowledge or understanding that could never be conveyed with words.

Is that really what you get if you just experience everything but stop there and do nothing further? Something totally new, unique, important, and completely unexplainable?
>>
>>601021624
Most Buddhist prefer to call it Awake or Awakening, rather than enlightenment.
>>
>>601021840
What's it like to be in this state and do you think there are monks out there who can do it perfectly?
>>
>>601021202
This way of seeing is not a foreign one to me. Most sorts inclined towards sollipsism have likely come to understand that the notion of concepts having any absolute relevance relative to reality is not correct, and can be morphed around. Rearranging the elementary logic driving how things are perceived. is it a tree, is it a system, is it a spectrum of affordances intertwined with many others? Or perhaps it is not a whole at all, but just another part. Made of wholes, made of parts.

I suppose enlightenment would be to embrace this way of functioning yet again, on a deep level, yet not be driven to misery, delusion, and madness by it, again.
>>
>>601020891
I am right with you here, sir.

I didn't reference the guy Richard to get insight from him, just know what happened to him and how his life went because of how he took the situation haha. Buddhism is fun to watch different kinds of minds make observations.

All the thoughts and memories you are mentioning sounds a lot like what I went through after graduating. Finally get the balls to contact my mother because I was getting myself to believe I had superpowers and dynamic control over peoples opinions

she fucking told me I was the second coming of christ
My mother told me she calculated my name to be the tetragramation higher than "yahweh" YHWH being Caleb spelled with an Aleph KALB

All of that is observing the data as it is, and not building a picture from it. Do you know a rabbit is running in the woods, or do you have "running" and "rabbits" and "woods" in your head and made a picture out of them?

^^^ that kind of mistake used to be made throughout my life and it lead to forgetting which conversation I was in, and fear over if I didn't say the thing I remember I said I wouldn't be in the same one anymore, allllll kidns of crazy things

To get out of the crazy I observed all data as it was
>>
>>601021624
it conveys "having light"

>>601021840
They called it what they felt it, activating more brain parts at once and therefore being in a higher state of consciousness (a coma being the lowest level)

>>601022066
This in it's entirety. Watch the movie Antz.

Optical illusions give feelings of mystery to the common, and create fights over which thing the picture actually is (is it a rabbit or a duck? Is the dress blue/black or gold/white?)

and an enlightened person can see both pictures based on how they make themselves understand the situation
>>
>>601022066
It sounds like you're saying an enlightened person would have maximum control of mental processes.

So, not only would they be able to experience their current sense input and then think nothing further.

But, they'd also be able to determine exactly how that input is processed, and that would include thinking as well.

. . .

Also, is it true to say that nobody can be 100% enlightened. Instead, you're just getting really close, like 99.9% or something? So you'd gain 99.9% of all the benefits meditation has to offer.

Also, would it be true to say that being enlightened is just being masterful at meditating, or is it something beyond that?
>>
>>601022167
>Do you know a rabbit is running in the woods, or do you have "running" and "rabbits" and "woods" in your head and made a picture out of them?

Only now do I understand. You are talking about decoupling logic and language, and allowing each to grow separately. Have perception expand apart from such things, without having predefined puzzle piece concepts to cobble it together from. I don't know if I've not thought of this in a while, or if I never have.

It reminds me of when I was 5 or so and was being taught to read. We were driving down a highway and I remember in this instant as we passed a sign I realized it was no longer a choice whether I wanted to decode the symbols written upon it. Was automatic, I was forced to know on that level.

Maybe I sensed the mental slavery imposed by language. Maybe I was just unenrved by something I couldn't really properly put in perspective. I don't know.

I'll keep mind what you've said here. To be honest my life is empty and lacks any clarity. I've always lacked structure and clung to a lack of definition. I'm not if this idea will actually be positive, but I must think of it nonetheless.

I'm actually going to sleep this time. Farewell.
>>
>>601022167
It sounds like meditation has the potential to cause problems with the way your mind works.

Is that what you're saying happened?
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.