[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I small talk better, /b/? I think I'm alright at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 373x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 373x640
How do I small talk better, /b/?

I think I'm alright at it, but when I get into a conversation with someone I care about even a little bit I find myself trying to delve into their core beliefs and values. It feels like small talk is a waste of time by comparison but lately people have been pointing out that I'm "too serious".

How can I improve my chit chat skills?
>>
Find people who want to talk about serious stuff... sure, there's the social oil that the makes the gears of our society run smoothly but they're so fucking boring and generic

>How're you?
>I'm good, but the weather could be better.
>I know, I just hope it's good for the weekend

rubbish
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 480x640
Bump
>>
>>578307712
Your and introvert /b/ro you gotta learn how to fake it. Copy other peoples bullshit.
>>
>>578308114
I plan to find those people, but I also want a better way to "open the door" with strangers.

I'm on my way to becoming a real estate agent and I can't exactly ask my potential clients for their opinions on the current rise of nationalism in Europe.
>>
>>578308114
thats not small talk thats just inti awkward silance shiet
>>
>>578307712
Talk about interests, music, animals, movies, hobbies, past adventures (vacations, travels) There's a myriad of interesting things to converse about.

Also, just talk about them. Don't debate them you autistic fuck. Nobody cares about your opinions of the socio economic ramifications of anything.
>>
>>578308263
Simple mimicry? That's something we all do. It becomes harder to absorb other people's traits with age, though.

I suppose, however, that one could call it "acting" and treat it like an artistic skill to help motivate them to better fit in. On the other hand, isn't it best to bring real character to the table?
>>
a
>>
do more shit so you have more shit to talk about. if you're boring as shit then what shit do you have to talk about? don't be an shit
>>
>>578309292
What about taboos? Should they be avoided or just used discriminately? I made this to explore the nuances of our interactions - it's not like I'm completely out of touch here.

What do you think are some of the most interesting types of conversations that don't involve muh philosophy?
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 800x1200
Hey OP don't overthink your convo. Just keep it casual. But don't be afraid to talk. Oh, post more of that girl she's one of my favorites
>>
File: 1405290001248.gif (1008 KB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1405290001248.gif
1008 KB, 176x144
>>578308661
People's most knowledgeable subject is themselves, if you can find a good opportunity to ask them a question without coming off as a creep then they should give you another handle that you can interject something about yourself.

Something along the lines of asking where they work, if it's something you know little about ask them what that is, do they like it, whatever you can think of. Or if you know about it, start talking about what you think of it or... whatever really.

Point is, get them talking about themselves and you'll find more opportunities
>>
>>578310091
think being totally unafraid of what comes out of your mouth is probably a bad move cos i'll probably talking shit that no one but me wants to hear about
>>
>>578310091
That's all I've got.
>>
>>578310323
That's the kind of shit I'm looking for. Sounds like a solid tip.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.