[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and killed 2000 U.S. Soldiers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_wLsw8PhV.jpg (75 KB, 465x300) Image search: [Google]
4L_wLsw8PhV.jpg
75 KB, 465x300
Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, and killed 2000 U.S. Soldiers.

4 years later, the U.S. Retaliates and nukes two cities, killing 150,000+ CIVILIANS.

Someone please tell me how this is justifiable at all.

>protip you can't
>>
There's an argument that had the US not nuked Japan, they would've suffered even more casulaties.

The way that the Japanese fought tooth and nail for every single island in the pacific is the support for that argument.

I guess they figured they wouldn't ever surrender so more people would've ended up dying, why not devastate them with the most destructive weapon ever and gain the position as the most powerful force in the world whilst also ending the war?

Also, Pearl Harbor was pretty much completely unprovoked. Hiroshima occured after years of fighting, Baton Death March..All that shit. They kind of deserved to have something done to them
>>
>>605551153
Dumb brainwashed american spotted
>>
>>605551301
>Nice counter argument

You can ad hominem all day, but are you ever going to have an arugment? Probably not.

Stay mad, fag
>>
>>605551153
>Also, Pearl Harbor was pretty much completely unprovoked

I hope you are trolling we put an embargo on oil to Japan wtf you think they were gonna do? Send us cookies?
>>
>>605551153
>There's an argument that...

"Now I can say literally anything and have subjunctive distance from it so it looks like I'm not speculating counter-factually."
>>
Don't forget about the allied bombing of Germany. That is the real holocaust.
>>
>>605550902
Because fuck gooks.
>>
>>605551505
The embargo was for legitimate reasons. They were playing empire invading everyone within their reach.
>>
OP is a 13 year old retard. Resume
>>
>>605551153
>Also, Pearl Harbor was pretty much completely unprovoked.
>believing this
History is written by the winners, m8

Nuking two cities maybe wasn't necessary, the Americans could've sent a message to the Japanese to observe an unpopulated Pacific island for the August 6th to reveal the new super weapon.
>>
The US is still using stockpiled ww2 purple hearts that were made foe invasion x. What would have been the single largest invasion in human history, a invasion that would have been started with several nukes being used against japanese soldiers on the beach. Which US troops would then have needed to go through themselves. After which once we had a toehold it would have lead to the near total destruction of the home islands. The only japanese left would have been cowards and those outta the country.
>>
>>605551650
So they retaliated the embargo. What were they going to stop invading? They had no intention of doing so; so they attacked the guys behind the embargo.
>>
Um... Japan wouldn't surrender after the first bomb (that didn't kill many people). The second was all their doing.

Japan attacked us first. You don't slap a bull, if you don't want to get hurt. They were weaklings compared to us, and they actually thought they had a chance. Wake up call
>>
>>605550902
The Japanese government was issuing explosives to children so they could suicide bomb American tanks if they made landfall. In fact, the Emperor wasn't even going to surrender after the bombs. They were willing to fight it out. The Russian invasion of Manchuria ended the war because the Japanese knew that the Russians, unlike the Americans would also fight to complete annihilation in order to conquer the islands.
>>
>>605551650
>They were playing empire invading everyone within their reach.

and the rest of the world wasn't? Dutch east Indies, French Indochina? who says the"allies" were the only faction allowed an empire?
>>
>>605551153
>completely unprovoked
You really need to read some history books not censored by the USA.
While not a fan of the japanese long story short:
Japan wants to expand
Usa/britain have colonies and ineterest on some asian countries
USA threathens japan and bullies it to disuade expansion
Japs reach conlusion that by deztroying USA fleet they get 1 year of free control on the pacific

On international affairs no one is innocent
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.