[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here been on antipsychotics? I was forced to take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: atypical-antipsychotics.jpg (17 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
atypical-antipsychotics.jpg
17 KB, 450x300
Has anyone here been on antipsychotics?

I was forced to take Zyprexa for 3 months.
Since then I lost all feelings and emotions. I've Lost all my friends. No desire to live, I feel like an empty shell. Complete lack of creativity, lack of social skills
Lack of empathy, lack of motivation and a sense of accomplishment.
5 months ago I stopped taking zyprexa but I have no improvement and Im beginning to think that my brain is permanently damaged by these drugs.Im making this threads over and over again to see if anyone else experienced this
>>
Nothing has improved, nor changed yet, eh? I guess I oughta ask, what exactly are you looking for with these threads? Are you trying to facilitate conversation on so called "medication", or is there actually some desire you're trying to fill?

Honestly, I feel a bit brain dead too. But it's not because of antipsychotics, I think it's because I'm suppressing and counterbalancing my own mental instabilities. I can feel it, and know that if I cross into this state, I'll become stuck and it'll expand. It seems I'm losing the ability to see within myself.

Not sure why I won't allow myself to return to this state. It's not as though I have much of anything to retain this type of functionality for. I'm empty inside.
>>
>>555216994
>I guess I oughta ask, what exactly are you looking for with these threads?
I hope to see recovery stories
>>
>>555217247
I see. Maybe there's something to be found in the looking, and not the finding.

Hope things come to a place you find to be decent.
>>
>>555215963
You're not alone, OP
>>
I took zyprexa a few times over a week when i was admitted to a psych ward with 'psychosis' and ever since then its been like that. I have basically no desire to do anything, I still have my feelings but its kind of hard to express myself. Drinking seems to help but you can't be drunk all the time.
>>
>>555217897
how long have you been off medication?
>>
I know how you're feeling, as I had to take the two in the middle for almost a year (seroquel and abilify)

I really don't know what kind of stuff this does to your brain, but I don't like it. Somehow, it feels like it "flattens" all of your emotions, you don't feel REAL joy or REAL pain anymore, it's all kinda like "meh"

Has anyone a clue what to do against this?

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm not a native)
>>
I've experienced similar on the same. Everything came back for me though, just slowly. With the possible exception of how intense my emotions were before, but then I took it from like 9-12 so I could have just matured. *shrug* fuck if I know.
>>
Took opipramol a few weeks until I realized that I forgot how to spell and pronounce words longer than 6 letters.
I was a complete numb idiot. I just stopped taking the pills and now I get bettet every day. And I am happy again because being happy is a thing that you choose.
>>
>>555219829
how are you doing now?
>>
>>555219506
If you're extraordinarily passionate about this you could go into developing pharmaceuticals. Otherwise just wait. New shit gets pumped out each year and eventually we're going to understand human brain chemistry well enough that we'll probably be able to (and have to face the morality of the issue) change anybodies brain chemistry to be more what we call, stable.
>>
>>555215963

Did they tell you about these side effects? Call a lawyer dude. Whoever forced you to take those needs to pay, especially if they fucked you up like this.

It might not make you feel better but y'know... MONEY!
>>
About that thing that happiness is something you choose, I'm not quite sure. Happiness is not much more than a chemical reactiom inside your brain (serotonin n stuff) but when taking pills like that, you sort of mess up the procedure.
>>
>>555220491
Well... no, I can't quite agree. Of course happiness is just a chemical state in a certain overall system (the brain, or a brain that can experience comparable states.) But the way it's phrased I think leads things a bit... eh, off.

I've always found that "happiness" and really actually feeling, and experiencing one's existence as good, is really a product of a number of factors in the brain coming together as one.

I've found you can replicate parts of it, but the whole will be missing something. Spiking serotonin eliminates the ability to feel desolate, but the lack of this feeling makes you feel hollow and fake. Spiking dopamine or norepinephrine (via precursors like levodopamine) causes you to feel motivated and better than you really are, but there's a certain roundedness that' missing, something deeper. It's still empty. The conflicting nature of this state is uncomfortable.

Either way. Point is, I think "infomation" states are tied in. One feels happy because of these things layered on top of more strictly chemical factors, ie neurotransmitters. I agree with what you said though, don't take this to be an argument or anything of the sort.
>>
I get what you are saying and actually I agree. Nothing can top the happiness you receive from being in love or score high on a test or whatever, but what I have been noticing is the total lack of these kinds of emotions in the past 5 years.

What is actually shocking me right now is the fact that giving Seroquel and Abilify to minors is forbidden (At least in Europe), but I was prescribed those pills at the age of 15.
>>
>>555222157
so you havent taken any medication since age of 15 and still feel no emotions?
>>
>>555222157
dude, you just gotta jack off i think thats your problem
>>
File: 136.png (7 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
136.png
7 KB, 300x100
abilify, lamictal and ritalin here. its been 4 years since ive stopped all medications, and still nothing phases or gets to me other than an extremely close relatives death (my brother died last year in a car wreck, first time i had truely cried over something tragic)

just keep holding on.
>>
16, actually..and to say "no" emotions at all would be false, it's more like a hollowness or emptiness inside, everything I'm feeling is not a real emotion, it feels empty, I know when there are times when I have to feel joy or pain or fear, but I'm not really feeling it, it's more like, "dude, you know you should feel happy now, so goddamn be it"
>>
>>555223126
Yeah man, just look up chemical imbalances in the brain, sometimes those medications just fuck with you so much that it takes a long long time to get back to normal, good thing the brain is a resilient organ. I dont have a clue what im talking about but my friends said the same thing after taking those meds. He feels much bettter now though
>>
File: 1404408943028.jpg (37 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
1404408943028.jpg
37 KB, 500x274
How does it feel to be taking meds for something that has no scientific tests to prove it works?

How does it feel to be giving neurological medicine with 0 neurological test being done on you and around 10 minutes with any money hungry doctor?
>>
>>555223126
>>555222990
how do you guy deal with, I just cant function without emotions
>>
>>555223953
I just dont have desire to do anything
>>
>>555224690
except post on 4chan?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.