[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone hiding the fact that they don't believe in a God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: black-jesus-problems-meme.jpg (74 KB, 608x708) Image search: [Google]
black-jesus-problems-meme.jpg
74 KB, 608x708
Anyone hiding the fact that they don't believe in a God from their loved ones? Post your situation.
>>
I don't see how it'd be a problem unless your family is seriously religious. Otherwise you can coast on by without mentioning anything or even lying
>>
>Stopped believing over a year ago
>father is a recovering alcoholic who is liable to start drinking again, hates athiests. ( but he lives far away)
>My mother is a high strung try-hard libral who dosnt judge her friends but has stated the shame and disappointment the would feel with any anti- religious behavior
>my younger brother is a believer and if faith keeps him happy I won't make myself a reason to lose it ( he really looks up to me )
>No cool grandparents either, my grandfather disowned his brother after he found out he was a atheist, and grandma is a churchaholic
>>
>>695010607
>don't believe in gods
>don't bring it up to family because i'm not a sperg overmind
>discuss beliefs with significant others if asked but don't make a big deal about it because i'm not a sperg ferguson
>don't feel the need to discuss my religious views in social settings because i'm not a double cheesesperger
>continue with life normally
>>
>>695011677
If your visiting and they invite you to church or ask where you attend? You cool with lying to their face?
>>
>>695011843
I go and I don't bring it up. I don't participate in the rituals, but I'm not going to be one of those ninth level of spergatory fucks scanning around trying to make eye contact to like, totally show that I'm totally not participating in their stupid dumb idiot religious prayers desu. If they ask, I'm honest. If they don't ask and make assumptions, that's on them. It means a lot to some people so I don't mind going along with them.
>>
>>695012514
That's probably the right answer, I just get asked directly all the time. getting sick of lying all the time cause they'll disown me.
>>
>>695012958
It ain't easy, man, I get it. But one thing I've had to learn is that blood ain't everything. If they're willing to cut off the entire relationship over a difference of beliefs, then they didn't really care too much about you in the first place, did they?. As hard as it is to imagine, you might be better off. And at least you can rest easy at night knowing you did the right thing, for better or worse.
>>
>>695013399
Yeah, but if my grandfather disowned me I'd lose $2.5-5 million of inheritance. Love to not have to worry about retirement. Thanks for chatting anon.
>>
My grandmother is apostolic Pentecostal, and I'm agnostic. I just sort of play along. I believed it when I was young and impressionable, but now my analytical teenage mind views them as uneducated, unintelligent, hypocritical conservatives.
>>
>>695010607
I think they tacitly know but we have an understanding whereby I just pretend to be a theist. It works like that. I know they will feel like failures as parents if I ever "came out" to them, which I won't because I don't suffer from Autism and know that my atheism is not at all important.

Question for Amerifats: Is it really that detrimental to people to come out as atheists? You do know few other western countries talk about revealing one's irreligion as though it was the same as being gay, right?
>>
>>695014032
I find relegion had a time and place, it's just outdated now. Like how if you use a phone book in 2016 it's probably not going to have what your looking for.
>>
>>695014149
You'd be suprised. In the "south" it's social suicide. Even for young people.
>>
>>695013750
Ah. Well, that's tough. But if he doesn't respect you enough to let you be forge your own identity, does he deserve the respect of your unfailing honesty? Hard question to answer, but it's one that you have to ask yourself. Good luck anon.
>>
>>695014032
>analytical
>teenage mind

pick one
>>
>still living with my parents while I finish university
>Muslim family
>been a Muslim and believed in God until I was 18
>lost faith and became an Agnostic
>too scared to come out in case I get disowned and lose my family and my only source of income

Thankfully, my parents aren't retarded and won't kill me for being an apostate. But I know they'll be extremely disappointed and potentially disown me.

I've been wanting to move out and live in a dorm that is provided by the University, but my parents won't let me, because they think I'll end up drinking alcohol and going to bars and shit.
>>
>>695014569
What country are you in anon?
>>
File: osomatsu - 10.jpg (33 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
osomatsu - 10.jpg
33 KB, 400x240
>>695010607
I'm not, and I think it's part of why my family has stopped talking to me. I don't go around telling people I'm an atheist, but the relatives already know (based on past conversation) and there's the fact that I don't celebrate holidays. I know they're just waiting for the day to collectively roast me at some family-BBQ about it.
>>
>>695014706
Australia.
>>
>>695014775
Well, it ain't a 3rd world country so there's options. Tell them that you think you can focus on your studies better if you're closer to your university, get a job there or something for extra persuasion
>nb4 generic Muslim joke is made.
>>
>>695014733
Just be successful and they can't say shit.
>>
File: m31_ware_big.jpg (177 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
m31_ware_big.jpg
177 KB, 640x513
>>695015397
That's the plan. I know they're really just waiting on me to get on FB one day, frustrated and at the end of my rope, just so they can swoop in and say
>all you need is prayer, Anon
>God loves you
>this wouldn't be happening if you were still a Christian
etc etc. But if/when I do become a success, I'm not giving them a dime, nor will I volunteer to look after their children.
>>
>>695015790
Hate people that use religion to judge. My grandmother is always telling her son that she is "praying for him" because he is going to the wrong church. Smh.
>>
>>695015311
Thanks. I tried getting a job in the city, but it's kinda hard as I don't have any previous job experience other than the work experience that I had to do in high school.
>>
>>695016158
Got a good resume? Try dressing nice and being early to interviews and stuff. Good luck with everything anon.
>>
File: science intensifies.gif (2 MB, 425x247) Image search: [Google]
science intensifies.gif
2 MB, 425x247
>>695016108
>wrong church
Funny if you think about it, especially if you live in the South. Down here, there's like at least 2 churches on every street, road, "way," or boulevard. Which is the 'correct' one?
>>
>>695016158
What city are you in?
>>
>>695016287
It hasn't got much on it, but it's gotten me to the point of actually being considered for the job.

Thanks for the help.

>>695016548
Melbourne.
>>
>>695010607
My mom would take me out of her will if I told her I believed in our Lord and savior Donald Trump.
>>
It is amusing to see the hostility directed at atheists who dare to mention the fact. No doubt many of those angry at atheists for daring to speak the truth are religious. They have been taught to feign hurt feelings by their church as this is a good way to stop people stating obvious facts. Facts could lead the faithful to start thinking and that would not be good for business.
Those who are not religious, but become shouty when atheists dare to speak, should consider the following:
Atheists don't knock on your door and waste your time with lies.
Atheists don't remind you of their world view every time anyone sneezes.
Atheists don't talk about their favourite imaginary friend when they win a sports contest.
Atheists pay tax.
>>
>>695016611
I'm honestly thinking of voting Trump just because I'm sick of the "Democratic" Party and the degeneracy of the Left. Mind you, I identify as a moderate independent.
>>
>>695016378
American Souther Baptist aparently. Everyone else is burning in hell.
>>
File: comp languages.jpg (269 KB, 1325x1045) Image search: [Google]
comp languages.jpg
269 KB, 1325x1045
>>695016812
kek, I'll take my chances.
>>
>>695014519
I find it a bit strange that you assume the two cannot coincide.
>>
>>695016923
Not the same anon but it's probably just teenage angst and rebellion. Whatever logic you use to get there is on you.
>>
>>695016808
Same reasons I'm voting for him and I'm also an independent.

Also for reference my mom is the kind of democrat who gets triggered by people saying all lives matter (despite being white)
>>
>>695017439
Not to mention Bernie sold himself out.

Let's...Let's Make America Great Again.
>>
>>695017710
Berne just dosnt want to die under mysterious circumstances
>>
>>695016158
I know that feel man getting a job that you can live independently off is really difficult with little to no experience. my suggestion would be to get a security license, rsa and rcg will allow you to work at pretty much any pub club or even hospital with some extra training
>>
>>695018069
Thanks, I appreciate the info, I'll check them out.
>>
>>695017710
Bernie doesn't want to split the party and hand Trump the victory. Makes sense actually, it's just a shame he couldn't have been the democratic nominee. Not that I agree with him on many things, but I think he's got a level of integrity that Clinton only dreams of.
>>
>>695010607

yeah

they won't understand.

i'm not atheist though. i think the prophets achieved mindsets that let them get SOME enlightened views, but no way any of them were 'perfect' and 'word of God'. Humans have flaws, no man can deliver the pure word of God without bias.
>>
>>695019405
Which god?
>>
>>695020783
Assuming it's one of the Abrahamic religions, I'd say it's probably Islam as in Islam the Prophets are considered perfect examples of humans, with Mohammed being at the very top.
>>
>>695010607
I tried to for quite some time but it's too much effort. Luckily my family is same and we don't have any problem
>>
>>695021599
>A warmongering pedophile is a perfect example of humans
dude, fucking kill yourself if that's not being said ironically or sarcastically.
>>
>>695010607
Im from a muslim family but they dont really care about it. My brother is also an atheist.
>>
>>695022178
Why are you telling me to kill myself? I'm just stating the fact that in the religion of Islam, the Prophets are considered the perfect examples of human beings.

I'm not even a Muslim anymore.
>>
>>695023024
misread you, my bad. also, you act as if this is the first time someone's told you to kill yourself. better get used to it here, most won't bother taking it back.
>>
>>695010607
lmao who the fuck even cares? There's no way to know one way or the other so you might as well say whatever makes life the easiest for you.

I just tell people I believe in god, because I don't care and it doesn't matter.
>>
>>695024157
No worries. You're right though, definitely not the first time I've been suggested the option of suicide just for saying something.
>>
>>695024180
It matters in that those in possession of a 3-digit IQ will peg you as a moron and treat you as such. Don't advertise your stupidity by telling people you believe in god.
>>
>>695024180
b-but i've got to force my opinions and views onto others, or else the world will always be a terrible place!
>>
>>695016923
They generally don't. Especially when the "teenage part" involves some particularly rebellious behavior, and a conclusion half way out of spite for those watching over you.
>>
>>695024517
Will they though? I'm not sure what exposure you have to people "in possession of a 3 digit IQ", but if they're halfway intelligent or even decent people, one would think they would be able to handle themselves in a way that doesn't project ill founded prejudice against someone they have little other knowledge about.
>>
>>695014569
OH NO NOT ALCOHOL!
>>
>>695025878
Right? I haven't been able to drink enough to get myself drunk at parties because when I get home I'd get caught and my parents would tear me a new asshole.

And I also had so many chances at smoking weed but had to pass in case my parents smell it on me, and then not only tear me a new asshole for doing something that is against the religion, but also doing drugs and something that is illegal. And there's no way I can even bring up the conversation of marijuana not being a bad drug.
>>
>>695026265
In your defense, there isn't any explicit rules surrounding Marijuana for obvious reasons, only the general condemnations of self indulgence and excessive altering of your normal disposition...presumably so as not to be unable to reason or be unpresentable. Ultimately on the issue of drugs and alcohol, it's your choice, even within the bounds of the Abrahamic faiths.
>>
>>695025591
>ill founded prejudice
It's not ill-founded and it's not prejudice. If a grown adult continued to believe in the tooth-fairy, you would inevitably draw certain conclusions about their intellect. The story of the christian god is vastly more ridiculous than the story of the tooth fairy.
>>
>>695026718
if some one told you that the universe expanded from nothing out of nowhere and their only proof was theoretical would you believe them?
>it's a pretty silly claim
>>
>>695010607
>God from their loved ones
wat
>>
File: 1459356213543.png (61 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1459356213543.png
61 KB, 255x220
>>695010607
>be me 14 circa 2011
>mom gets into this shitty cult called every nation or someshit
>never believed in that shit
>Buys me food from chucks deli everytime we come to mass
>fuckin love chucks deli
>go with her every sunday
>mom thinks I'm born again in the name of the lord
>Im actually born again in the name of reuben sandwich
> be me 17
>mom volunteers me for slave labor under the cult
> basically I'm an usher who doesnt get paid
> shitmanthishastostop.jpeg
> moms so brain washed by the church
> wont listen to me
>thinks its my friends fault I've "fallen from grace"
> transfers me to private school
> tries to use my phone to break up with gf
> ask her why she did that
> says "caitlin is the devils whore sent to you as an agent of fornication"
>mfw gf cant even use cuss words without apologizing afterwards
>be me 19
> left home after graduation didnt bother to tell mom
> managed to get into uni after 2 semesters in a shitty science institute
> havent talked to my mother since I left home
>currently living with gf
>cut all contact with all the creepers from that cult
>I miss mom
>>
>>695010607
It's amazing how religion divides humanity. Like really, who gives a fuck.
>>
I don't know about you guys but personally I find people who are atheist to be so much more annoying than theists, trying to force their beliefs and bible bash. Like, do they not realise they're more obnoxious and annoying as the very institutions they criticise?

While we're at it, isn't the very notion of a god or a higher power impossible for us to prove, or even perceive? So to say infallauably that there isn't a God really speaks wonders for ones intelligence.

Agnostic is what you should be claiming.
>>
>>695027751
>but personally I find people who are atheist to be so much more annoying than theists
Agreed. Agnostics who think they aren't atheists annoy the shit out of me.
>>
I believe in spaghetti.
>>
>>695027751
I agree man, 100%.

Both theists and atheists are as stubborn as each other. Agnosticism is the way to go if you aren't theist.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.