[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pbg/ - Paintball General: Winter Withdrawal Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: IMG_20160206_224938_edit.jpg (666 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_224938_edit.jpg
666 KB, 3072x1728
I hate not being able to play in the winter. Has anyone picked up anything fun in the off season?
>>
File: gtek.jpg (138 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
gtek.jpg
138 KB, 1024x576
I guess I'm lucky that I live near Chicago and there are 3 good indoor places (CPX Indoor, O'Hare, Midwest Paintball) all within an hour drive.

There was another (Paintball Explosion) that recently shut down their indoor field and will now use it for laser tag and airsoft.
>>
File: IMG_20160206_224619.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160206_224619.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>>955825

Very lucky to live that close to cpx. I have to drive 4 hours to get there. Was there last year for LL8.

http://youtu.be/8Py-oarUZRs
>>
File: cow.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
cow.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
>>955859

I'll probably be there this year. The actual game can be hit or miss, but the off-the-field stuff is always a good time.
>>
>>956120

I could care less who wins or loses. It's about having a good time with friends. Last year empire replaced my shot tank regulator for free when they didn't have to.
>>
>>955713
How long can you guys normally not play paintball for during winter? no snowfag here
>>
>>956565
My outdoor fields are open from April to November. There are indoor fields available but I'm not really a fan of speedball unless I know my team.
>>
>>956589
why do they close at all? is it cause the paint just doesnt work or is it a safety thing
>>
Getting my Automag ready for the Spring
>68 Classic valve
>Level 7 bolt
>ULE body
>PTP Intruder gas-thru grip
>JJ Ceramic/DYE Boomstick
>Ninja 13/3k

I shoot limited paint, so my gun is nice and light, I usually carry one extra pod and tank onto the field.

May pick up an SC Phantom with my tax money.
>>
>>956689

One of these days I might get a pump to mess around with. My axe has been so reliable it would be hard to leave it at home. I need to pick up a nano feed neck for it though.
>>
File: image_zpsvdphbxgl_edit.jpg (53 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
image_zpsvdphbxgl_edit.jpg
53 KB, 360x480
Just saw the dye m2. Sweet sweet marker but the price tag is way to high for bells and wistles.
>>
>>962262
The top bit looks like something from destiny
>>
File: Dday.jpg (117 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Dday.jpg
117 KB, 720x480
Has anyone ever attended d-day? I was thinking about going this year. It's an 18 hour drive to get there.
>>
File: WP_20160208_002.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3552) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160208_002.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3552
Team and Marker appreciation post.
D4 Honey Badgers.
>>
>>967739
good riddance, agglets or most airball players tend to have the personality of showing off instead of having a good time. bringing that attitude in just made it a showoff game.

thats why you tend to see full time speedballers unable to hold their ground or advance in d-day or large games.
>>
>>969558

See >>965417
>>
File: WP_20160208_22_00_05_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160208_22_00_05_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>965417
I play at Skirmish USA's D Day scenario. Its a blast. Also my view my faggotry please. Rate, berate and subscribe.
>>
>>970519
Other than the grip our axes are identical
>>
Any Brits here ?
>>
Can you autistic kiddies go somewhere else and play with your toy guns?
This board belongs to /wwe/ now.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>971979
Can you literally jump off an overpass into the path of an oncoming semi truck?

>>971922
Probably not. Just your American cousins. I did hook up with a british girl I met while in amsterdam though.
>>
>>955713

Hey /pbg/,

So myself and 7 or 8 friends are going paintballing(?) tomorrow. A few of us, myself included, have done it before but not for years. I think we'll be doing some 4v4 among ourselves and some us vs. others. Last time I played I was maybe 14. Did airsoft for a couple of years before I got too caught up in actual firearms.

Other than the basic shit like wear baggy clothing and try not to get hit, any advice from the more experienced? How applicable will skills learned in competitive shooting (IPSC / USPSA) be? Can I apply some of the small unit tactics stuff I learned from my military coworkers to any effect, or is it just too different an environment? Should I just forget about all that bullshit, be less competitive, and focus on "fun" instead?

Finally, if it's fun enough and I think I'll do it more than one or two more times, I'll probably want to buy my own marker because I just like buying projectile weapons of any kind. Suggestions on where to look at and compare the best options on the market that stay in the $300 or less range?

Pic related, just a random gallery shot of the place we're going.
>>
>>973211
Buy a good mask before anything else.

>$300
buy a tipx (pistol)

tip:
dont stick your gun out windows or around corners, paint hitting your gun counts as a hit
>>
>>973211
Hey Man,
I know you are going to Fightertown in Arizona,
Let me tell you, It's a good field for paintball and very cheap, the owner has a deal going on valentines day for 5 dollars off admission if you tell Amy "Bros before hoes".
>>
>>973376
I knew that was fightertown.
I sure do hate el mirage though.
All a dem cops..
>>
>>973300

Thanks for the tips, seems pretty straightforward. I'm sure there will be some trial and error learning.

As for the $300, that's around where I would like to stay for the whole initial setup. Marker, hopper, tank, etc. If I do buy, I'll want a good, solid platform that gives me some room to upgrade in the future with better components. So, I'd rather spend more on the "receiver" and less on accessories that I could replace later on.

>>973309

>Hit on gun counts as a hit.

That's a good one to know, thanks.

>TipX

Seems a little limited on capability, given the magazine size.

>>973376
>>973437

Yeah, you nailed it. Fightertown had good rates and were by far the easiest people to deal with on the phone (we're coming from Flagstaff). Nice to hear some other AZ anons endorse it.
>>
>>973484
I bought my Automag used for about $115. It wont get the insane fire rates that newer electronic guns have, but its easily one of the simplest, most reliable and most customizable markers of all time. The Automag, a good hopper, a good mask, and a good HPA tank can all be had for well under $300.
>>
>>973559
>>973549

I'm not including the cost of the mask in that, just the complete marker. I already have a decent mask, so I didn't account for that.

You can probably also exclude the cost of the HPA tank because I think I've got one of those laying around in my storage unit that I bought at a yard sale on impulse too.

So, marker and hopper for $300 is my best bet still a 98 or the used market?
>>
So Im thinking Ill try 3D printing some sort of enclosure for my Tipmann to make it look like the SMG from ODST. Just two halves that screw together over the gun itself. If it works well Ill put the model up somewhere.
>>
>>974366
Itll take a while, probably longer to get it so it so it wont rattle like the cheap shit it is, but Ill post progress. My buddy wants an ODST helmet first, so Im gonna run that out and put in some tinted lexan, maybe mount a cooling fan in the back if theres room.
>>
Going to my first scenario game on Sunday 21st, I own a tippmann cronus (which I bought for cheap with the intention of using as a back up/friend loaner). Would anyone of you recommend the tippmann A5 as an intermediary woodsball marker?
>>
>>974591
Just my two cents but i'd be looking to step up into a lightly used electro if i'm going to be spending money on a new marker.
>>
>>974648

i agree. for the price of a new A5 you can buy a lightly used etha, axe, reflex rail or G5
>>
>>974591

also there is no such thing as "woodsball markers". some companies might try to say otherwise but it's just a marketing gimmick. there are entry level markers like tippmann, mid range markers and high end markers. the difference between entry level and mid range is night and day. the difference between mid grade and high end is less significant. no tippmann will be a match for even the lowest price electros whether it be in the woods or on the airball field.
>>
>>974763
>>974781
>>974648

well I'll look into it
>>
>>974591
The above anons are quite correct about a lightly used electro doing better in basically every respect. The only thing that tippman wins out on every time (for the most part) is dependability. You can play all day with it, throw it in your bag, not touch it for 8 months, bring it back out and it will work fine. If you are competent in keeping your gun in check with oil, lube, etc, then an electro is a better bet, if you are just going to play every now and then, nothing wrong with an A5. Dont stick with the cronus tho, its basically just a mega cheaped out 98 custom design, although it is not that bad for the price you pay in all respects. Its just that you can do so much better.

TLDR: Play often enough and competent w/ gun maintenance (its not even that hard just youtube the marker you have)? Go with an etha, axe, or somesort (avoid early generation dp guns).
Play not so often, want something that just works all the time? A5 will work just fine too, just dont upgrade it at all.

Also git a good mask first fool, for a long day I'd rather have my VIO and a cronus than a rental mask and an etek.
>>
>>975331
Sure the tippmann blowbacks may be the ak47 of the paintball industry when it comes to throwing it in the mud and it still functioning but the maintenance on electros is still minimal. If I can take my axe to living legends, play for three days straight in the rainy woods and put 10,000 balls through it without disassembly and cleaning then the maintenance of an electro is a non factor. If you can't pull your bolt once a month in the summer to clean and lube then your just really really lazy.

Oh and it only broke 1 ball of the 10,000 I put through it that weekend. Let's see any tippmann blowback do that lol.

Now i'll lay out my case for why the axe is the best choice in the price range.

1. Poppet valve design is easier to maintain and has better efficiency than spool valves.

2. It's an inline poppet so you get the low profile of a spool valve single tube design rather than the traditional stacked tube poppet.

3. All metal construction.

4. Tooless bolt removal means maintenance is super easy. A feature usually reserved for much more expensive markers. No need to get out the Allen wrenches. Press a button and slide the bolt out. One of the few markers in its price range to offer this.

5. Gas through grip means no annoying macro line to get snagged on things when playing in the woods. Again, a feature usually reserved for more expensive markers.

6. Lever on/off ASA.

You can see mine in action here >>955859 during the very wet and muddy living legend 8 weekend where it required no maintenance nor did my buddies. His never broke a ball all weekend and he put 8,000 balls through his so between us that was 18,000 paintballs with only 1 break. That's gotta be worth something :)
>>
File: 20160109_084953.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160109_084953.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>975826
Never hounded on the axe. It's a very good gun if taken care of. Also I would not factor out the quality of paint when it comes to how well it functioned. You can have an lv1, but with crap paint, there will be breaks, to no fault of the gun. So I would take that into account somewhat too, but what you said is all correct. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>973598
You can get a great marker/hopper for $300 if you take the time, do your research and look around. $300 will get you some amazing markers, be they pump/mechanical semi or electronic. The key is just taking your time, doing some research, and digging around. Maybe try forums like PBNation or MCB, they always have some great deals in their classified section, and since you're buying from other regular players you know the markers are probably better maintained than some schmuk on eBay.
>>
>>974124
milsig and tippman already makes stuff like that, youd be wasting your time
>>
>>975991
Do they have the Halo SMG? My buddy wants it to go with the ODST helmet, and I dont see anything that would completely encase the gun (aside from the obvious parts) and look the way we want it.
>>
>>967739
I wish the sport would shun the speedball aspect because it's becoming a money game of who can shoot as much paint as they can. Also it's turing away new players because the fatass shot them 20 times
>>
>>976661
I went for my first time (in 10 years) last Sunday and some team had rented a speedball course next to the parking lot. I rolled up and I just hear these guys unloading shit loads of paint on each other in their scrimmages.
It took me a minute to realize this wasn't the walk on group.
I jokingly said to a Ref, I would have turned around if that was the group for the day. The owner overheard this and said she didn't like hearing that; she was unsure about renting to them in the first place for that very reason. The ref said the sounds (them unloading thousands of balls) was music to his ears, she responds it would be music to her ears if they had bought her paint.
>>
How much of a step up is the G5 compared to a G3? I've recently started getting back into paintball and was thinking about upgrading. I really like everything about the G3 (besides the electronics interface), but the $330 price tag on the G5 makes me wonder if its worth it.
>>
>>977723
And here in lies a perfect example of the ever present problem of the paintball business. Fields make the most money off renters, not players who own their own equipment. They want to cater to both crowds to make the most money they can but experienced players tend to scare renters and renters often end up becoming experienced players with their own equipment. It's a catch 22. If the field owner sells his product well (playing paintball) people will buy their own equipment because renting costs to much. So the more they get the desired customer in (the renter), the faster they lose that renter as he buys his own gear and may drive other renters away.

The root of the problem is fields using renters to make their money. It's like a snake that eats it's own tail. It isn't sustainable. So if they aren't going to make their money on the renter then where will they make it? Entry fees, air refills and paint. Drive those prices up and people leave and play somewhere else. This is why a lot of paintball fields have a hard time turning a profit or if they do its a small one and the field ends up being run as a charity case by the owner who just really loves the game and wants to give people a place to play.

No one has figured out how to properly monetize the game properly.
>>
>>978157
Considering that they stopped production of the g3 in 2010 i'd say it probably a fair step up.

Can anyone comment if DP fixed their leak problems? They developed a nasty reputation for that.
>>
File: 20150503_122327_zpsscqynjbo.jpg (447 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20150503_122327_zpsscqynjbo.jpg
447 KB, 1024x576
>>978157
>>978199
DP had a lot of problems in the past, but apparently they have been doing better. Their G5 and F/x something is not too bad. Honestly though, get a brand new etha for that price range. Planet Eclipse is quite rigorous in their quality control.
>>
>>978372
What would be considered a step above a G5/Etha?
>>
>>979367
reflex rail, axe, etek 4 or 5.

here's some auctions going on currently

reflex rail
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proto-Reflex-Rail-dye-Ego-Geo-DLX-Empire-Ninja-Macdev-Cp-Virtue-Rotor-/222021822098?hash=item33b1882692:g:g6sAAOSwx-9WwDqO

axe
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empire-Axe-Paintball-Marker-/161972839772?hash=item25b655655c:g:lzIAAOSwUuFWuURd
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empire-Axe-Paintball-Marker-Gun-Polished-Black-Sunset-/231845967350?hash=item35fb18b5f6:g:XN0AAOSwFNZWun2F

etek 4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Eclipse-Etek-4-paintball-gun-/191804575772?hash=item2ca871901c:g:7Y8AAOSw5dNWsBfO
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Eclipse-Etek-4-/161977307218?hash=item25b6999052:g:4TAAAOSwDuJWv4cW

etek5
there are none if that tells you something. no one wants to sell theirs.

just to give you an idea of what you can get if you buy used. you can also check the paintball forums for private sellers.

bottom line your dollar goes a lot farther buying a lightly used marker.
>>
>>974763
>>974648
>>974781

guys I'm sorry... I bought the A5. Scenario is coming up soon, Its under 200, universally high/favorable ratings, + I got free lifetime clean/repairs @ the shop (if I would ever need it) and a free pass to the local field (20$ value).

If I don't quit by the summer then I will pick up a used etha or axe for cheaper
>>
>>980285
Nothing wrong with it m8. Don't worry. Make sure you have a good enough mask too.
>>
Anon here who was going to play at Fightertown over the weekend. Figured I'd update.

Our group of 9 ended up having a great time, despite the beat to shit FT-12 rental markers we were using with shake-powered hoppers. None of us were really prepared for the fields rule that only hits to the head, neck, and torso count. Half of us ended up calling ourselves out at least once after a hit to the arm or leg, or hits to the torso that didn't break / leave paint.

The most limiting thing for me personally ended up being the absolute shit accuracy and range the rental markers provided. I could have a perfectly clear, open shot on a guy at 25 yards, fire 10 rounds, and they'd all go wherever they wanted. Except usually into the targets center mass.

Had a great time regardless, and about half of us ended up seriously discussing playing more and getting our own markers. The little bit of play we were able to do in the natural terrain "wash" area was where we had the most fun, so "woods-ball" seems to be the thing for us.

So, my big question is what kind of improvement will I see in range and accuracy with my own well maintained marker with a quality 14-16" barrel and good paint over the rental FT-12's with like 6-8" barrels? I don't want or need a higher rate of fire, I just want the precision.
>>
>>980546
>>981108
Took it out today with a 14' barrel, feeling sore (so I couldnt rush like I normally do), was able to get on some flanks and sink some balls into some bunkers, Overall I'm satisfied.

Ready for this Sunday's Battle for Mt.Suribachi scenario. Playing as Japanese >:D
>>
>>981524

>Sorry for the info overload. I'm bored at work.

No worries, I'm in the same position.

To clarify, we weren't calling ourselves out because of the pain or sting. We would feel ourselves get hit, raise our guns up, and start walking off the field before remembering "oh shit, that hit didn't even count" but by then it's too late, we all honored our mistakes. It took a while to get used to ignoring hits on limbs, and actually checking for paint on torso and head hits. One of my buddies bounced one off the top of his head, I took 3 balls in maybe a half second to the chest but none of them broke. Eventually we got the hang of it, but for the first few rounds we kept accidentally walking off the field for hits that wouldn't have counted.

Once I got used to it, I could use corners and take 10+ hits to the arm without any hitting my mask while I fired at others. This is another place where my desire for accuracy comes in.

Right now I'm considering picking up a lightly used Model 98 for dirt cheap, adding a high quality barrel / barrel kit, and a cyclone feed. Looks like I should be able to do that for <$200 then I can spend $100 or so on a top notch mask.
>>
>>981524
Tippmann A5 player here, it held up pretty well against the electros. I didn't play any speedball courses (this was what I guess they call "woodsball"). The couple of times where they tried to unload on me, I returned rapid fire and was still able to cover the my flanks. Their advance stopped at me all day and I got a few of em. I'll eventually get an electro but I'm having fun with my A5.
>>
>>981715
If your going to put upgrades on your 98, just get an A5 (if not the electro).
>>
>>981836
Not pissed away if the gun lasts you.
>>
>>982096
If your okay playing with your very own rental gun.....
>>
File: tiberiusrounds.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tiberiusrounds.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>>981350
>>981715

For best accuracy you can buy a magazine fed marker and use first strike rounds.
>pic related

There is lots of brands that make guns that can use both normal and FSR paintballs. They're pretty expensive though.

Just be aware that markers made by Tiberius Arms have barrels threads which are incompatible with other markers/barrels.
Milsig make better magfed guns.

Or you could buy a flatline or apex 2 barrel which puts spin on balls and makes them shoot really straight.

Also this >>981524
>>
>>984300
Make sure to check with your field if they allow first strikes. Some don't for insurance reasons.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (19 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
19 KB, 409x393
i like how noobs came here for advise then immediately ignored all of it.
>>
>>981836
>>982707
>>985199

For the record, I haven't ignored anyones advice yet. I'm keeping an eye out on my local craigslist. There are a couple of Empire Axe and Mini GS available in the $200-250 range. The problem is, none of them come with tanks or hoppers, so I'm looking at another $50-100++ investment anyway just to have a functioning gun. I have no doubt its a better marker with better future upgrade potential, and a better investment. The problem is, how much do I really want to invest in something that will get used realistically 6-8 times a year, and mostly for woods ball with friends at that?

So I can spend $350 and have a used Axe with factory barrel, and a generic HPA tank and a hopper.

Or I can spend closer to $250 on a Tippman with an Apex 2 barrel, cyclone hopper, and generic HPA tank. If I find a used tippman in good condition for <$100 which there seems to be plenty of, I could probably even put an E-Grip on it while staying in the same price range.

For a serious player, option one seems like the best choice. For the occasional recreational player? I haven't decided yet. I'm taking all the advice from this thread into consideration before I nut up and buy something on payday.

Besides that, opinions on the Axe vs Mini GS? I'm not sure I can tell what the difference is.
>>
>>985689

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empire-Invert-Mini-Paintball-Marker-48ci-3000psi-HPA-Tank-With-Halo-Hopper-/231844826494?hash=item35fb074d7e:g:AoAAAOSw5dNWpWP5

you're welcome. look up ebay sniping and you'll win this for $250 or less.
>>
>>985731

I'm permanently banned from eBay and Paypal due to an identity theft incident that neither organization seems to have any interest in resolving. I'm currently part of a class-action suit against Paypal, but I don't know if it'll go anywhere.

Thanks though.
>>
File: IpVsQ.jpg (56 KB, 820x615) Image search: [Google]
IpVsQ.jpg
56 KB, 820x615
>>985689
what do you mean by generic? no one cares what brand of tank you have. all that's important is it holds air. as for a hopper a halo too might be a bit dated but it's still one of the most common hoppers on the field because they work perfectly and are cheap.
>>
>>985736
ok so have someone else buy it with their account and give them the money to pay for it. not difficult.
>>
>>985747

I didn't mean anything by "generic" other than that it could be any brand. I was literally trying to imply that I know it doesn't matter what brand it is.
>>
>>985689
Axe is the evolution of the original mini. It's a larger frame than the mini which is super compact and it added features like on/off ASA along with internal improvements. Later on empire added these features to the mini and called it the mini GS. If you're a big guy the mini is not for you and some of the cramped feeling can be alleviated with the nummech foregrip extender for like $35
>>
>>985689
And you'll pay at least $100 for the egrip and you will have spent just a much on really fast blockback gun and peripherals that you can't use at all in the future because they're proprietary. Is it the cheap option in the short term? Sure but not by much and it will cost you A LOT in the mid to long term when you do finally decide blowbacks are for renters and you have to buy all new barrels and hoppers etc etc.
>>
>>985774
Continued:

Not to mention the fact that blowbacks chew up the tournament quality paint used at large events and you end up spending half your time swabbing your barrel clean while spools and poppits shoot thousands of balls without a break.
>>
>>985763

Thanks for the info. I'm a full size human male, so I'll probably stick to the Axe in that case if I go that route.
>>
>>985832
you won't regret it. i promise.
>>
here noobs

https://youtu.be/eYcWF-2Hc9k
>>
I wish I could get back into paintball. There's no fields near me but there are airsoft fields with big game days and decent turnouts, it just seems so faggy playing dress up for it which they require to play. The field in my home town is still going strong I miss it so much. Paintball was the only sport I enjoyed
>>
>>988027
they actually require you to dress up to play...

thats so fucking gay it hurts
how do they determine whats dressed up enough to play?
>>
>>988232
Youre right about airsoft but shitting on other players cause they way they dress or their marker style offends you is even gayer then 12 year old cowadoodie kids.

There are magfed only games and speedball only games. Nothing is getting ruined.
>>
>>988260
>he doesnt want muslims to flood into his country

dude its like youre some kind of racist fascist nazi bigot whowantstogas6millionjews

join your local antifa you cisshit
>>
File: AWildSandshrewApears.jpg (75 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
AWildSandshrewApears.jpg
75 KB, 960x640
>>976661
My first time paintballing the local speedball team offered to pay for our paint if we 'helped them practice' and that sounded a pretty sweet deal.. EP makes the RP put their man pants on, or they let them know that paintball maybe isn't their sport
>>
>>990050
Which is exactly why RP can opt into EP games if they want to.
>>
>>990050

sure but you have to acknowledge that not everyone is there for that reason. there will always be those people that are playing paintball as a one day event.
>>
File: 2172244530.jpg (355 KB, 804x1178) Image search: [Google]
2172244530.jpg
355 KB, 804x1178
its been a long time since i played paintball but i want to step back into the game, woodsball is ok, but i want to play speedball. The main reason is because i use to play nothing but woodsball and i loved watching speedball games. So any good speedball guns under 200 to get started with?
>>
>>990724
$200 is low even for the used market. $250-$350 would be more realistic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-eclipse-etek-4-LT-/111908456898?hash=item1a0e4389c2:g:r~MAAOSwzgRWxTT-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Eclipse-Etek-3-LT-Paintball-Marker-Gun-/272137475034?hash=item3f5ca853da:g:T5IAAOSw5dNWqA0X

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Empire-Axe-Paintball-Marker-Dust-Silver-Blue-Free-Shipping-/111908207565?hash=item1a0e3fbbcd:g:bh0AAOSwuYVWn6Ec

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Eclipse-Etha-Paintball-Marker-/141884748544?hash=item2108fd7300:g:Rk8AAOSwbdpWU9GJ
>>
File: CNSds7MUwAAmPkv[1].jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CNSds7MUwAAmPkv[1].jpg
53 KB, 600x600
Has anyone seen this thing in action yet? I've been getting in one or two games a month at an indoor field with my hammer 7 and I'm looking to get something that uses the same mags.

Haven't heard many positives about JT markers though.
>>
>>991182
It's kinda sketchy to me. The dye dam tried to do this, but that was also not a perfect system. I would probably avoid it. If you really want to stick with magfed, look at milsig stuff, or even a dam if you can afford it. Also be sure to ignore the incoming haters. Seems odd to me that you would bash any aspect of paintball. It started in the woods with limited paint, and blew up to what it is now.
>>
>>991385
No one has a problem with magfed. It's the baggage of faggy l33t 0ps players that tend to come with it. They simply have no respect for paintball as a game or a sport. They think it's dress up time like airsoft.
>>
>>991385

I'll explain why so many people recoil at the thought of paintball introducing anything milsim. Back in the 90's and early 2000's there was a wave of anti-gun sentiment that swept over the nation after columbine and the whole "video games create mass murders" campaign. Paintball was unfairly maligned by many people as a sport for gun crazed kids who were going to shoot up their schools. We had to work hard and persevere through the backlash to keep the game alive. Now we start seeing companies promoting products that go against everything we worked to change in people's minds as to what paintball was.
>>
>>991458
thats hardly the reason, people just like shitting on each other
>>
>>991602
maybe if they're twelve
>>
>>991385
the interchangeable feed looks like the same system on my hammer7 so it isnt really as much a concern as much as the DL9 being a $100 plastic body blowback marker.

get what you pay for I guess
>>
anyone use an apex 2 barrel?
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (86 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
86 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>992483
I use it in my a5
It's great but if the feild has shit paint them you will have a shit day I recommend it if you're feild has good paint
>>
>>988234
From what I was reading on their site the big game days they require you to dress up for the scenario they're playing. I don't know how it works on regular hours but I really don't want to do all that shit just to play a game that probably won't be as fun as paintball at the field where I used to play. They were cool and nobody gave a shit about what you were using or wearing as long as everyone was having fun.
>>
>>971979
ive been out of paintball for over two years now. but lets keep this thread alive so we bait more /wwe/ fags in.
im loving this /asp/ mod. praise hesus.
>>
>>992483
yes, buy one now, dont even think about it
>>
>>988027

I think airsoft is the most fun when you play it like paintball; just go out there and shoot people. No unnecessary military tactics, no convoluted lingo, no egomaniacs trying to out operator each other.

>>992483

The backspin function does make the ball travel further, but you have to remember that you're still shooting at the same velocity as everyone else. So even though the ball can travel past that 150 foot effective range of a normal barrel, once it gets past 150 feet, the ball is not moving very fast. So it may not break on whatever you're shooting at. Many people don't even bother with the sidespin feature, intended to make the ball curve left or right. It's not accurate enough to be truly useful, and by the time you dial it in, you can easily be shot by someone else.
>>
does anyone know of any good areas to play in the philly area?
>>
>>994124
>>994131

I just use my apex2 barrel to make it shoot straight almost 100% but the few times where ive put spin on it to curve sideways or down its satisfying as fuck when you get someone, but I could probably count the amount of times ive done it on one hand though. The novelty of it wears off very quickly and you just end up using it to shoot straight. Ive never noticed it not breaking at distances though.
>>
>>996807
I saw someone at a field who did his a5 in the green a-tacs. Looked pretty good.
>>
>>996820
Ya I talked to a shop who said they could so the marker, hopper, tank and mask. I just wonder how durable it really is especially on the mask which is so flexable.
>>
>>996807
you can use stuff like on all your gear, it sticks to itself so you dont have to paint or tape all your shit.
http://www.amazon.com/Camo-Protective-Fabric-Universal-Digital/dp/B00395YPO0
>>
>>997993
>tank
>>
>>998481
Ya, it's an HPA tank.
>>
>>998610
I hope your not going to submerge your reg in that shit.
Why arent you keeping your tank in some kind of soft cover or pouch.
>>
>>999693
No the reg obviously needs to be removed first and I do keep it in a soft tank while playing. However the shop charges by the job, not the item so it's the same price whether I wrap the tank or don't.
>>
>>999793
do your face and post pics
>>
File: IMG_20160222_004551.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160222_004551.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
Anyone get a ninja sl yet? How much lighter does it really feel?
>>
>>1007666
They are noticeably smaller and lighter. I think the SL 77/4500 is supposed to be only just bigger then a regular 68/4500.
There are videos comparing them if you wanna check for yourself I don't remember.

checked Satan trips
>>
File: 31JwBV5f6tL.jpg (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
31JwBV5f6tL.jpg
16 KB, 500x500
Hey guys,

I bought one of these off craigslist this weekend, was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it. It's a Spyder Classic Sonix.

The guy said it's only been used once or twice, and I believe him. It's effectively new-in-box. In fact, it came with the box and all the original documentation, etc. Inside and outside of the gun is perfectly clean with no visible wear.

I got the marker with all it's factory accessories (simple hopper, CO2 tank, etc), two masks (one brand new, one a little beat up), a set of spare parts and tools for the marker, 5 ball pods, and a pod belt, for $50.

How did I do?
>>
>>1009773

I don't think you're mean, why do you think I wasted $50?

Is it such a piece of shit that it wont even function for casual woodsball?
>>
>>1009683
I wouldn't say you waisted the 50 bucks, but the Spyder Sonix falls into the middleground between absolute garbage tier (brass eagle ambush) and starter tier (Tippmans, Azodin, pricier spyder/kingman stuff, ect.) That you don't really want to be in. The masks you got are both probably cheap, fog easily, and not comfortable, probably the same feel as a rental mask. The pods and pod pack are probably fine though. You'll just probably be unhappy with the stuff you bought pretty quickly is all.
>>
>>1010126

One of the masks is obviously a cheap / rental tier face mask, the other is actually quite nice and came with a good anti-fog lens. I priced it out at $60 retail.

The tank actually had a decent reserve of CO2, so I screwed it in and tested the gun out. Seems to work perfectly well, at least as well as any Tippmann rental gun I've used. Taking a closer look, it seems like it's been fitted with a delrin bolt upgrade too, the original is in the extras.

Unless there's something I'm missing here, I think I got exactly what I needed. I'm aware that it's effectively a bottom-tier marker, but if it's in good shape and it works. I won't be dumping upgrade money into it for certain, but there seems to be a really strong, inexplicable opposition to inexpensive markers here, even ones that function exactly the way they're supposed to.

But, if a few months from now I realize I'm totally unhappy with my <$50 marker, I'll make sure I post about it so everyone can gloat.
>>
>>1009683
Ignore the elitists. Good setup for 50$, Thats like 1 or 2 days in rental fees for all the equipment. Have fun with it and when you are ready to upgrade, keep that set if you wanna bring a buddy.
>>
>>1011068
Scratch the word "elitist" because I just now see the legitimate criticism but still its a GOOD deal to get you 'familiar' with the game.
>>
>>1011102
I'll agree that deal isn't bad in the respect that anyone should be able to cough up $50 without it being a big deal. It's just that the second he says to himself "Ya this game is fuckin sweet and I need a better marker", that $50 is gone. Nothing from that deal will be usable on the new marker.
>>
>>1012684
I'd be willing to make the argument that a gun like this is not a waste if it works fine in almost every respect. Yes it is the very bottom tier, and will act like one, I dont deny it. However it does serve two purposes very well. Firstly, getting to the point which you said, paraphrasing, "I decided I like paintball I need to upgrade" is not an immediate step. Most people would say to rent, and then when you decide you like paintball, buy a ~$350 setup, which I will make the guess that you hold this idea based off your statement in question. Ive been to several fields that had terrible rentals that were practically falling apart and were basically blenders. Nobody enjoys having equipment that does not work, it takes away from the fun of the day as you struggle to keep up with everyone else. Having a cheapo gun that works, and honestly, is not a massive paint chop machine that everyone thinks, is nice, because you can keep it working and the relative ease of maintenance means you can easily take care of it (not saying that electros are harder, they are easier, but much more expensive when they break like a solenoid or board whereas with a spyder, it is merely an o-ring or two for mechanicals). So having something that is super easy to keep working and overall better than a decent amount of rentals (since we dont know what his rental situation is) is a good thing to do in my opinion.

If anything else, when he does upgrade, it becomes a backup gun, or a loaner gun for a friend to play with if they want to try. So ya
>>
>>1012684
>>1014545
Also forgot to mention your statement "Nothing from that deal will be usable on the new marker" to which I think it is quite obvious to say "duh." It is a $50 set which is meant to get started. It is very true that such a set would not have anything for the next upgrade, which I'm sure would be suggested an axe or something such. Those guns are far superior nobody is denying. Things you would buy to use with a spyder are far different than those for an Axe. What should be the focus here are the things like his podpack and mask, and above-all, the experience of playing with his own equipment that he knows will work. You may make the argument that "Spider, working, pick one" or something along those lines which is basically false. The overwhelming idea that these low end guns like spyders are bad is primarily due to people not taking care of them. If you just keep it clean and oiled, something which would would do for an electro, there is no reason why they would not function like a gun for their price. (again, not denying electro superiority)
>>
>>1014545

$350 isn't exactly big money to me I guess. I make that in a day at work.
>>
File: utried.png (13 KB, 1130x129) Image search: [Google]
utried.png
13 KB, 1130x129
At least read the comment before u post next time u turbolooser.
>>
>>1014929
No
>>
>>1014794
It's all a matter of perspective when it comes to what's big money.
>>
>>955713
lol its 4am and 68 degrees here in Houston.
>>
>got a really good shot on camera
>was looking out a window and camera was over exposed and couldnt see shit

anyone got any cool videos?
>>
>>1017782
I have many unpublished videos from the last living legends. I just don't feel like spending the hours to edit and splice footage. I'm rigging an external battery for my gopro this summer so I can get at least a couple hours of uninterrupted game play.
>>
(New player) So, do you guys wear Jerseys when you play? I prefer camo/military pants and shirts (I'm not really into milsim).

So for Jerseys it seems like the reds and blues catch the eye quicker on the field over camo. Is it a comfort thing?
>>
>>1019039
I have a full set of valken vcam which is my preferred woodsball outfit but I usually bring several black jerseys with me in the summer so I can change out of the sweat soaked ones. Sometimes if it's really hot and humid I just wear short sleeve under armor.

Always knee and elbow pads. ALWAYS.
>>
>>1019039
I wouldn't wear a jersey unless I was on an actual team. Team jerseys are meant for speedball where it doesn't really matter. That being said, if you're playing on a big field and want to hide in the brush or something, just wear muted colors. Paintball is played at too close a distance for camo to really do its job, but wear it if you want.

I personally just wear a long sleeve t shirt, a pair of BDU pants I picked up at a surplus store, and canvas boots
>>
>>1019300
>>1019313
Thanks. Think I'll check out my local swapmeet (coworker said he got 2 pairs of camo pants for 20$; which I can use for paintball and work).
>>
>>1019340
protip: it's all about volleyball knee and elbow pads.
>>
>Facebook is blanket banning gun related groups, including paintball ones
For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>1019932
Don't know, don't care. I deleted facebook as soon as they let anyone sign up for an account.
>>
>>1019932

It's related to the executive order that Obongo passed a little while back that basically made facebook gun trading groups illegal.
>>
>>1021487
>paintball guns
>guns

do not let them do this americans...
>>
Fug, I want to blow my tax return on another marker so bad but I just got my axe last June and haven't even played in months because fuck winter.
>>
>>1021487
>>1021810

don't worry. this always happens. paintball markers get caught up in an overzealous law then someone will get up and remind the law makers about paintball and they make some wording in the bill to exclude paintball markers. same thing happened in California years ago.

>>1023381
hard to justify another gun when you already have an axe. it's just so fuckin butter. do you have the axe pro? if not why not buy a redline board? it won't cost nearly as much as a new marker and you get that dope ass oled.
>>
File: muhshekels.jpg (632 KB, 1400x932) Image search: [Google]
muhshekels.jpg
632 KB, 1400x932
guys i have the most awesome boner right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_DcBMWVlE
>>
>>1022061
>>1022070
>>1022080
>>1022325
>>>/mandrama/
>>
>>1023888

The axe is pretty great, I was just tempted to spend a bit more (used market is awesome) to get a DM or G6R or something. The temptation hasn't really gone away yet. Not terribly interested in the oled. If I buy anything it should probably be a 68/4500, I was determined to go with a 50/4500 and kinda regret it.
>>
>>1024262
there's an old saying in paintball.

"you can buy a 68/4500 or you can waste your money"
>>
File: Joy Puke.jpg (10 KB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
Joy Puke.jpg
10 KB, 320x245
>>1024033
>>
>>1024299

Yeah I can definitely see why. Hopefully any noobs who see this will take it to heart.
>>
>>1026782
I have a ninja 50/45 and really enjoy it. I have a large frame so being able to get the gun in close helps. Really when it comes down to it, it is all about personal preference.
>>
19 kills in 2 minutes
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl5FVb7GLI4
>>
>>1029010
You? Pretty good
>>
>>1029401
very true, for longer games, larger tank is nicer. Im not into speedball, mostly recreational with my pump so its really handy for me.
>>
>>1029170
No.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231858474145?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Worth picking up?
>>
>>1030165
Here's that exact setup
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXzWGPWADQ

Clamping feedneck
Aluminum construction
On/off asa
Eyes
Autococker threads

Depends on what he wants for shipping. $370 is a bit much especially if he adds shipping. $300 sounds right. Tbh that hopper outclasses the marker. I'd keep that link but keep looking for a higher end gun with a cheaper hopper. The older halo too still feeds fast enough to keep up with any BPS a field would ever play and people almost give them away when selling their marker.

For $380 I bought a mint axe that came with a 14" deadlywind barrel with three freak inserts and a halo too hopper shipped. If you are patient you find some amazing deals.

Remember ALWAYS SNIPE ON EBAY!!!! Don't know what that is? Look it up$.
>>
>>1030165

I like this deal better if you can keep it to the low $300's

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Proto-Rail-Maxxed-Paintball-Package-/191814321404?nav=SEARCH
>>
Hey boys,

I want to buy a Paintball Pant, but am not sure on what to buy.

I have around 100€ (Eurofag).

ANSgear had some nice Youtube-videos on many pants and put my view on a Valken Crusade. Unfortunately the shipping from USA to Europe is min. 40$

What do you think about paintball pants in general and what should someone get?

Right now I use a Primo Loader Hopper and want to upgrade, what do you think of a Dye Rotor?
>>
>>1031181
http://www.ansgear.com/Exalt_2011_Thrasher_Paintball_Pants_Tan_Black_p/exaltthrasherpant2011tanblack.htm

I got these. Sadly its not for sale anymore, but I bought from a friend for $40 or so. They're super comfortable and will withstand tons of abuse. I'm sure anything newer will be even better.

Rotors from what I've heard are some of the best on the market, so you cant really go wrong with it. I've seen plenty of people running them.
>>
>>1031193

Not for sale is not that good i suppose.

There are JT FX pants on sale right now for 80€. They were like 129€ when they came out.
Is it something to look into? They have no stretching in the crotch area and maybe that's not a good thing.

Thanks for the Rotor thought, will check into that.
>>
>>976522
>I wish the sport would shun the speedball aspect because it's becoming a money game of who can shoot as much paint as they can.

Millennium (Europe's speedball league) just announced they're going to limited paint format only (500 rounds per point) and BPS caps are the lowest they've ever been.

It's up to the field to enforce whatever rules they have set forth to make the game enjoyable for everyone who plays there.

Fatasses (and non fatasses alike) can and do shoot people 20 times regardless of what kind of game they're playing (speed or woods).

If speedball dies out, the game will be no better for it.
>>
>>988232
This totally. I'm so sick of kids and their mag fed guns and milsig. The shit is not ANY MORE ACCURATE THAN ANY OTHER GUN. IT CANT SHOOT FURTHER UNLESS YOURE USING FIRST STRIKE. QUIT LYING TO YOURSELVES. my biggest problem with milsig is that it attracts all the new players so they go out spend twice as much on a gun for low performing mechanical markers. So then the new players aink all this money into milsig and then can't keep up with real ballers (who only spent 2 or 300 bucks but put it in the right place) so they get completely discouraged and start hating "speedballers" and eventually quit playing all together. Pretty much the story of me and my buddy. I went the azodin blitz with a halo and an air can. And he went Tiberius mag fed. He was constantly out gunned fucking with mags and having to spend more money on shitty accessories while I was just playing and enjoying. Bottom line is sure milsig guns are cool if you wanna participate in mag fed only events or shoot fs rounds. But if you want to actually play paintball buy the fucking paintball gun that looks like a paintball gun. Not the one that looks like an AR-15. END RANT. NEW PLAYERA PLS READ.
>>
>>1031694
Remember kids a pump gun with a hopper is 590 times more effective than a semi with a magazine.
>>
>>976661
Impact action in tualatin Oregon does a great job of this. For rentals they have 3 different options ranging from a tippman up to a planet eclipse ethas with a pinokio speed. And they run games entirely separate from new players and experienced players. In some games where they mox in they even go as far as having some experienced players switch to pump depending on the situation
>>
>>981715
Ok I'm going to tell you what I was told when I was 16. If your planning on throwing your marker off of cliffs and into puddles, maybe throw it from a moving car, then get a tippman 98. If you plan on ACTUALLY PLAYING PAINTBALL, then for the love of God DONT BUY A TIPPMAN extremely over priced markers with out dated designs. And then to add insult to injury they offer a dozen different "upgrades" them ranging from 50 to 100 bucks. So by the time you've "made your own 98" (I say that ironically because you're going to go to the field and see a dozen 12 to 15 year old kids using the same gun with the same "upgrades" you are) you've sunk probably 400 dollars into a crap marker that doesn't perform as a 400 dollar gun should. And in your blind tippman upgrade hard-on you probably skipped over the most important upgrade to your marker, an hpa tank. So now once the tippman haze has cleared from behind your eyes and you learn what paintball guns s actually about you realize you just wasted a ton of money on a flashy rental set up. Then you get to start all over and buy an electro.
>>
>>1019039
Paintball pants and jerseys are really hard to get balls to break on. If you're smart you can probably achieve the same effect with regular clothes but jerseys and pants just add convenience with zippered pockets and squeegee pockets and stuff. Plus jerseys are really breezy. Like the other guy said. Camo is pointless in paintball because it's played so closely. Personally there has never been a single time ever in woodsball where I didn't see someone because of their camo. I'm looking at you from 30 feet away. You look like an ass wearing your ghillie. Not a bush.
>>
>>1024033
wow empire finally made something moderately appealing
>>
>>1031906
True but I'd rather just wear a black or olive jersey with some good bounce pads and get more paintball functionality out of it.
>>
>>990724
Buy an azodin. Over looked. I shoot a blitz with a halom. Have no problems.
>>
>>976522
Sure back players tend to shoot more paint they're usually older men who cant ove fast off the break. It's part of them game. Back players are easily avoided by using blind spots. New players don't realise this though so they like you asume whoever is shooting the most paint is winning. And as far as getting over shot goes, if you can't take 4 or 5 hits at a time go home. Paintball isn't for you.
>>
>paying more than $100 for toy guns
No better than those outlaw pew pew autists
L M A O
>>
>>1032457
But none of you wrestle fags actually wrestle... You just watch. All the ballers ball. So shouldn't you be the one in a different thread wrestle fag?
>>
>>1032429
>>1032457
Hey, hey, stop that.
>>
>>1032457
>>1032429
/wwe/ here.

Sorry that jewbacca is being an autist. He's like this in our thread too. Just report him. Although he evades his bans
>>
File: cm-punk.jpg (37 KB, 338x351) Image search: [Google]
cm-punk.jpg
37 KB, 338x351
WWE

>Actually on TV
>Has it's own arenas
>Actually helps you get in great shape
>Actually take damage and get injuries
>Actually sore after doing it
>The people who do it are actual athletes
>Actually endorsed by sports networks and companies like ESPN and NIKE

Paintball

>Not on TV
>No arenas
>No bodyfat lost from it
>No damage taken
>Only fat people and nerds do it
>Not endorsed by an sports networks or companies

Which one isn't a sport again?
>>
>>1032457
>this isn't even a quality shitpost
>>
>>1032336
Look at valkens tactical stuff. All the functionality of speedball gear but camo patterned. I snagged a full set of the v-cam before they got a cease and desist letter which forced them to stop making that pattern. I wouldn't trade it for anything desu especially the echo pod pack/vest. It holds up to 9 pods and has a pouch for a camelback plus molly webbing for radios, pouches, remote tanks, whatever. I don't play woodsball without it.
>>
>>1030165

Just a warning. When hustle paintball did their review of the proton it sprung leaks and started icing up after a half a case of paint. They redid the test and it happened again. That does not bode well for the markers build and design quality. It may have a bunch of features for that price point but if the gun is icing up or springing leaks on the field then it's useless.

My two cents. AVOID!
>>
>>1032486
1. Pb is on TV
2. You could get plenty of exercise playing paint ball
3. You don't actually wrestle you watch wrestling on TV. So your whole argument is invalid wrestlefag. On top of all that your wwe shit is staged and fake anyways but you continue to watch it knowing that it's all fake. How brain-dead are you?
>>
>>1032644

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODS PLEASE DELETE TROLL COMMENTS AND ALL COMMENTS DUMB ENOUGH TO RESPOND.
>>
man this thread is the shitznit !

Empire axe/resurrection owner here !
WWE sucks ! please grow up !
>>
>>1031694
>>1031709

>Playing pump
>Not playing stock class

I have a love/hate relationship with mag fed players. On one hand, you have some really cool guys out there who just want to play the game their own way, just like pump players, just like stock class players. They understand and don't care whether or not the equipment they chose to use puts them at a disadvantage as long as they're having fun with it.

On the other hand, you have the mag fed players that absolutely trash the players with jerseys and "space guns". This hate goes both ways, though the people with a more traditional paintball setup do have a better foot to stand on because, for the most part, they're right.

I've played a pistol primary setup for a while now. I started with a a Zeus G1 (which I still own and use), tried out a Sheridan pgp for a while (was fun, but didn't use it enough), and now have a Tiberius 8.1 that I use most of the time. I'm a more nostalgic player, call me a masochist, but I like playing this way, and preferred the game before it was as spammy as it is right now. It doesn't matter what I care about though, people are gonna play how they're gonna play, and that's just fine. People shouldn't be discouraged from buying the setup they want, regardless of what reasons. The more people playing out there, the better, this sport is niche enough as it is.
>>
>>1034458
They could at least pick up a BT TM-15 LE for $375 and actually get some performance along with the looks.
>>
File: 130543a.jpg (26 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
130543a.jpg
26 KB, 305x225
>>1034602
And I say you're wrong. Companies are capitalizing on the new players who tend to be younger kids and they are shoving milsim down their throats. Do you think it's just a coincidence that most budget markers are milsim themed? Those people are the future of the game and they are being led away from the game as it was meant to be towards this bastardized form of the game that's more about pretending to be some L33t 0per4tors. It's not about the milsim markers itself. It about the baggage that they bring.

If you can't see that then god help you because you're blind.
>>
>>1034458
>The more people playing out there, the better, this sport is niche enough as it is.

pfft! look at this guy, enjoying something
what a fag

>2016
>not being a pump/autococker elitist

Anyone who doesnt believe my warped view that paintball should be restricted to the guns I like, THEY SOULDNT PLAY AT ALL AND ANYTHING ELSE IS RUINING THE SPORT

Seriously though, If the way someone dresses or the marker they use triggers you that much maybe just dont show up.
There are speedball only games, there are magfed only games. Nothing is being ruined, take a chill pill.
>>
>>1034612
deleted my comment to fix spelling

I get what you mean but I dont think its as bad as your making it out.
Airsoft acts as a pretty good fitler for all the cowadoody kiddies. Its 50% play acting which is where the l33t 0per4tors tend to go to. Pb is better cause it doesnt take itself as seriously.
It doesnt call for the shitting all over everyone else. There is a pretty big portion of people who do both milsim and speedball depending on what they feel like.
The only thing that will ruin pb are leftist fags who group airguns in with real guns cause having too much fun should be illegal.
>>
>>1034619
Lol paintball has been about shitting on people for a long looooooong time. Maybe you havn't been in the game long enough to see the rise and fall of agg. No agg is resurging in the form of the milsim crowd.

Also see >>991458
>>
>>1034657
>paintball has been about shitting on people for a long looooooong time

Definitely this lol. Paintball has been about shitting on new ways people play the game and how the newer markers perform since its inception. I seem to recall an article from the late 80's talking about how semi-auto markers were ruining the sport lol. Before that, it was how people switching from stick feed to hoppers were ruining the sport. I mean, being able to carry that much paint is ridiculous, right!

In the late 90's, when the Shocker was released, with its "turbo mode" (aka ramping), it was infamously called a "cheat mode" and insurance companies tried to get anything that performed similarly banned.

The most recent example of this is first strike rounds. Plenty of people complaining about how it's not fair to be able to shoot farther and more accurate than normal players. Just like it wasn't fair to ramp. Just like it wasn't fair to not have to pump between shots, ect.

History marches on, with the same slew of people kicking and screaming about the integrity of their game. In time, the arguments presented will look melodramatic, and people will have moved on to shit on something new.
>>
Hey guys i just turned 18 today.

Why do you guys still play with toy guns?
>>
>>1035410
I agree with what you say but i'll point out that no one is kicking about first strike rounds or milsim markers. We are complaining about the bullshit that just so happens to come along with it.
>>
>>1028923

I'm a smaller guy and bought the 50/4500 specifically because I was fixated on playing tight. The more I used it the more the back of my marker would smack into my mask. It gets uncomfortable to shoulder after a while too (due to how much my wrist has to bend).
>>
>>1035453
Tank extenders are cheap.
>>
>>1035478

Yes but I wouldn't need a tank extender if I had just bought a proper tank to begin with rather falling for the playing tight meme.
>>
>>1035415
I've just seen people complain about them on forums, and they're also the subject of insurance issues right now, just like ramping was.

Complaining about player attitudes is also tied into complaining about the markers themselves. People with woodsball setups can call people with tourney style setups "tryhard losers that hide behind waves of paint". People with tourney style setups can call people with woodsball setups "tryhard losers who want to play military man with limited paint and magazines". That's all tied into marker performance and attitudes that surround that choice.
>>
>>1035667
The only issue insurance wise is they havn't gone through the safety certification that normal paintballs pass. If tiberius does that the insurance companies will back off. It's not a conspiracy.
>>
>>1034458
I would definitely say mag fed players have the snobbier attitude. I play mostly pump airball and speedball but I do have a mag fed gun and stock class guns for event days. Mag fed players have a shit attitude towards speedball era while speedball era usually have at least some kind of respect for the guys limiting themselves in games like that. I'm not saying that's how all speedball era are but still mag fed fags are just the worst.
>>
>>1034612
I agree with this. Also mag fed tends to bring fagy way too seriously RP kids and their dads. I feel like speedballers tend to be way chill. (Aside from the typical speedball rager) here in Oregon everyone that come to play speedball likes to get high and just go have a good time while the LARPers go play spec ops in the woods and scream at each other.
>>
>>1035415
>>1035410
Actually a lot of fields insurance won't cover first strike rounds anymore. First strike, shot out if an un-regulated co2 shooter like a 98 tippman with the mag fed adapter, can shoot at dangerous unexpected velocities that aren't caught on a chronograph because they just happen randomly due to the nature of un-regulated co2 guns. You can find videos of said guns breaking hoppers and cracking mask lenses.
>>
>>1035999

Yet the same retards will have no issue putting a box Rotor on their DAM
>>
>>1036015
Unregulated constant air co2 doesn't magically make velocities spike in blow back guns. Even on a low tank the psi curve will cause the gun to not cycle and it's highly unlikely that the gun has a sweet spot due to it being unregulated and due to the hammer slamming the valve open for every shot
>>
>>1036015
>>1035737
There's a whole lot of misconception surrounding the First Strikes still.

The big legal battle goes a little deeper than just not getting tested properly. Technically, First Strikes don't meet the legal classification of a paintball. Until that definition gets changed to encompass First Strike rounds insurance companies don't have to cover shit, even if they're safe. Why would they? Tiberius has been working on that for some time, but everyone knows how it goes with red tape.

There's also the argument that first strikes travel faster at lower velocities, so you need to chronograph for that, and people don't. That's the fields job to enforce. Any jackass can not chrono their marker and be shooting way too hot. The field needs to enforce proper usage of their facilities.
>>
>>970519
how is the tacamo storm, and what is the marker below it made from?
>>
File: 1456411368671.jpg (36 KB, 599x609) Image search: [Google]
1456411368671.jpg
36 KB, 599x609
Quick question fromantic a breast-milk drinking noon here, love paintball and want to play it more with my own gun, the place that i play at is a woods ball location, should I get a tippmann A-5 or a spyder fenix?

Thanks love it here and I love the sport.
>>
>>1036596
Neither.

People people people. There are not, i repeat, there are no "woodsball markers". There are low end marker, mid range markers and high end markers. Just because something looks like an ar-15 does not make it better for the woods.
>>
>>1036596

Please watch this video >>986625
>>
>>1036596
If you really like the whole milsim thing (which is fine, but do watch the techpb video) I would skip the A5 and get something like a gog g1, etha emc, or bt tm15. Two words, regulated air. Besides that you'll just be getting so much more out of your marker with something like any of those. If you just want a beater gun, just get a used 98 custom.
>>
>>1036737
>>1036780
>>1036903
I appreciate the help guys, really, honestly your guys are some of the most helpful on 4chan
>>
>>1036596
Just want to thank anon here for bringing Mari Brennan to my attention.
>>
File: mini-black.jpg (52 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
mini-black.jpg
52 KB, 1040x1040
About to throw down £250 on a Mini GS, it would be my first gun. I've been playing with friends who have their own kit for a while now and I've really been enjoying myself.

Only issue is that is at the very top end of my budget and I wanted to ask if there were any better options out there (I cannot go any higher, £250 is a hard limit). I already have a hopper (Dye rotor, £45 used) and a mask, borrowing friends tank until I find a suitable one.
>>
>>1037763

Better? No. Different? Sure. Go for it man, I love my aXe which is very similar.
>>
>>1037763
I would buy a used axe over a new mini GS just for the sake of ergonomics
>>
>autist man children playing with real guns is considered a sport
>>
>>1036948
dont get a 98 custom, there is literally no point
>>
>>1038057
No point? What? 98 customs have their place. They're cheap, reliable beaters and starters. You're buying a rental in performance, sure, but it's a nice gun to just have around after you move on. The thing will always work if something else breaks down and you need it. Perfect marker for a friend to use if it's their first time going or they're trying get a feel for the sport. A used one costs about as much as a case of paint.

The A5 is kinda useless. Bigger price tag with not much better performance.
>>
>>1038286
there's also magfed kits that you can import your stock 98 internals into, if you're into that kind of shit
>>
>>1038286
It's a waste of money. Either your going to start playing paintball or you aren't. If you're going to play then get something that will allow to keep up with the more experienced players and you won't beleft looking to buy a whole new marker and hopper after a single summer. I honestly believe there isn't a single person who bought a 98 custom and didn't want something more by the end of summer. If that is the case then save your money and buy the right marker the first time.

Take my advise and I fuckin promise you that you will thank me silently in your head one day.
>>
What type of marker should I get if I'm sticking to mechanical markers? I currently own a tippmann gryphon and don't think I'll ever switch to electronic.
>>
>>1039097

Pump or suck it up and get over what ever issue you have with electros.
>>
I didn't realize that there was a paintball general on this site. i just saw it on the front page and was hit with nostalgia. I used to play a few years ago. Had a yellow ion, and Invert Mini, and some black and purple Ego. Is that still the norm by people? This thread is making me want to get back into it.
>>
>>1039239

Well the invert mini led to the Mini GS and aXe. The newest ego model is the LV1.1. Those are all pretty popular.
>>
>>1039302
is the equipment still somewhat unreliable or was I just a bad owner? I remember hoppers always giving out after a few months.
>>
>>1039343

What, like the old shitty plastic halos? Most of the popular hoppers are much more durable than that, at least. Look into the Rotor, Spire, TFX or the Pinokio Speed if you want to spend less while still buying new.
>>
>>1039430
yeah the old halo b hoppers I think they were called.
>>
>>1038769
You didn't read what I wrote. The 98 is cheap enough, especially used, that you aren't breaking the bank, and it's just a good beater to have around when you upgrade.
>>
>>1039139

This. Most of the mechanicals are unregulated for gods sake. Don't be a savage.
>>
File: 1455950807741.jpg (30 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1455950807741.jpg
30 KB, 600x549
So I'm the brest milk drinking noob who plays in a woodsball type area from before, this was my plan for a load out

Marker - 2011 Proto Rail PMR
Hopper - Pinokio PL250/400
Tank - Empire 68/4500 HPA

Thoughts?
>>
>>1040400
do it
>>
>>1040651
Cool beans, spent all day looking up videos of that bald guy who knows his shit. I feel like I wasted a day learning something new.

Also I need to get some Monster paintballs, it's hard to get a gun where I live.

>>1037674
Go to /fit/ we have threads with omen that look just like her all the time
>>
>>1040400
Proto pmr is a great first gun. It's cheap and can ball with the $1500 guns.
>>
>>1032486
>actually sitting on a couch watching worlds strongest man wannabes dry hump each other doesn't get you in shape
>actually murders little kids when you imitate moves you saw them doing but didn't know were fake because you're borderline retarded
>the people who do it are actual roid monkeys
>>
>>1040715
>That bald guy

Mike? Great example of a guy that really does know his shit when he talks the straight facts, but also spouts out controversial opinions like they're facts lol.
>>
>>1041549
Mike can can be a bit opinionated (who isn't) but most of his stuff, especially the budget baller videos and his equipment advice for new players is spot on and you don't have to worry that he's trying to sell you something like the guys from hustle.

>>1040400
Looks like you watched Mikes budget baller 3.0 video. Great advise in there but it's a little dated as it's about four years old now.

I still agree that the proto pmr is the best value and has the best feature set for the money. The 68/4500 tank advise will likely be true until the end of time as well. The only suggestion i'd make is replace the pinokio hopper with a dye rotor. Ansgear has them on sale for the same price as the pinokio. Back when that video was made the rotors were almost double that price so they weren't included in the video. the rotor is probably the most prolific loader in the game today. You will see them being use everywhere you look. Grab one of those instead.
>>
>>1041706
There's nothing wrong with a speed though. I end up using my pinokio speed hopper more than my rotor just cause I like the balance of it and the lip on the whole to guide pods is nice. Don't get me wrong rotor is a great loader. Best on the market with the spire, but I would say the pinokio speed just has a better balance and feel when its full and on your marker.
>>
>>1041789

They will both perform flawlessly.
>>
>>1032644
On top of all that your breaking bad shit is staged and fake anyways but you continue to watch it knowing that it's all fake. How brain-dead are you?
>>
>>1039097

If you want something cheap that will perform better than the Gryphon, I'd get one of the Trilogy autocockers. They're not exactly true autocockers since they do away with many of the parts on normal autocockers and they cannot be timed, but that's a good thing. Most of the parts that are removed are unnecessary and timing is always a headache. They still have virtually the same shot feel as true autocockers. Depending on which Trilogy model you get (Sport, Competition, Pro) they go for between 50 to 150 used.

>>1041549

Mike also has a long, storied history of being a complete piece of shit as a person. So take his opinions how you will.
>>
>>1042191

Lol so he trolled some forums, called people some names and hates his ex wife.

In other words he's a completely normal person.
>>
File: JT_Speedballer93.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
JT_Speedballer93.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>1036007
Speedballers dress like clowns and are the reason paintball doesn't get the respect it deserves. They play on tiny fields where everyone's out in the open and their guns are totally unrealistic.
>>
File: 1R7XXkJ_edit.png (55 KB, 624x626) Image search: [Google]
1R7XXkJ_edit.png
55 KB, 624x626
>>1042210
>>
File: paintball-meme-4_o_3145203.jpg (156 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
paintball-meme-4_o_3145203.jpg
156 KB, 640x480
>>1042218
Go tilt your gun so you can see where you're shooting.
>>
>>1042203

If normal people distribute pornography to children and then drive to someone's house and physically threaten that person because they called you out for distributing pornography to children, then yes, he's a completely normal person.

And that's just scratching the surface.
>>
File: 1449209433573.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1449209433573.gif
796 KB, 320x286
>>1042354

oh boo hoo. so a 12 year old saw a peepee and boobies. do you have kids? let me tell you that you start finding crusty socks at the same age anyway. it's not like they aren't seeing it on their own so who gives a fuck? stop living in PC land and start living in the real word. as for threatening someone i could care less. you wanna talk shit about me then expect a fight my man. don't think you can say whatever the fuck you want without consequence. that's the real world. that's what happens when that kind of talk leaves the internet and goes into the real world. all of a sudden "men" get shook when the shit gets real and it's not just keyboards anymore. that's real man shit so how can i fault him?

TRUMP 2016 DOWN WITH PC!
>>
Who was in the right here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9mJzBqA1Rs
>>
>>1042210

Oh is it that why airsoft is so well respected? kek
>>
>>1042839
Wrong thread
>>
File: g1377032210992151440.jpg.png (148 KB, 550x229) Image search: [Google]
g1377032210992151440.jpg.png
148 KB, 550x229
>>1042354
Dude you make it sound like he was passing out hustlers at the bus stop. He posted some porn as a troll on a forum that happened to have a few young members like any forum does. If yougot a major problem with that then you need to reevaluate what website your posting on right now.
>>
>>1042919
How is this the wrong thread for that?
>>
>>1042952
Never mind, didn't even notice this board had an Airsoft thread thanks to the wrestling shitters
>>
There's one difference between HPA and Nitro right?
>>
File: Funny-Paintball-77.jpg (77 KB, 640x494) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Paintball-77.jpg
77 KB, 640x494
>>1042841
False equivalency, bruh.
>>
>>1042839
Even thought it's the wrong thread, neither of those two were right. Kid was an asshole for burning some guys stuff (if the guy was telling the truth), and the manchild was being a manchild by shooting up the kid like that instead of, you know, getting him kicked out/banned.
>>
>>1042210
Wtf literally no one says this. No one I know who doesn't play paintball even knows what speedball is. This is probably bait though
>>
>>1043450

Yeah, it's definitely bait. Either way, I'd rather look like a "clown" than some stolen valor 1337 operator.
>>
>itching to play, sick of winter
>realize it's now march
>get a text from pb buddy planning to go soon

YES
>>
>>1042210
Nice 90's jpg though. Makes for good bait.
>>
>>1043529
I have to wait until April :(
>>
>buddy named Nate of mine tells me that freezing the paintballs causes it to go solid and shoot faster than first strike

,':^) u wot n8?
>>
>>1043039
Same thing. People call it nitro because they are dumb. If you hear a "nitro" tank, it is compressed air.
>>
>>1040400
there is the new Proto Rize coming soon, so hold a bit to see how it is. PMR needs a lot of work and care.
>>
>>1044774
Ya i'd wait to see the proto rize reviews since it's the same price point.
>>
>>1044774
>>1045020
> i just bought an azodin blitz evo in February
Last week azodin releases the evo 2
>fuck you azodin
>>
>>1045937
On top of this
>bought a kp3 pump in December
Last week azodin releases new kp pump
>not as salty cause kp3 is way nicer but rlly azodin rlly.
>>
>>1045937
>>1045939
You should have waited for extravaganza
>>
Anyone tried the new gtek? not sure if should buy one
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.