[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ascension: What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: ascension-600x300.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
ascension-600x300.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
What went wrong and can this be fixed?
>>
>shit gimmick
>shit booking
No they're pretty much fucked.
>>
I think they are pretty good wrestlers but vince only wants 2 or 3 viable tag teams for no reason.
>>
> Go from dominating tag team in NXT
> Vince gives them silly shoulder pads and make up
> Books them to lose and only wrestle on Superstars
Can it be fixed? Before I would have said yes, but then Vince thought it would be a great idea to turn them into Stardust's lackies. That was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
To be honest they were always a nothing team, even in NXT. I never had any idea what their gimmick was meant to be and it's even less obvious now. Their wrestling is decent but nothing amazing.
They either need to actually give them a substantial gimmick (why are they The Ascension? Why do they look like weird cultists? Make them just be like the Acolytes or something) or just retool them entirely because they're dull as dishwater.
>>
>>778059
Bram left.
He was the only good member
>>
they are fine being low card henchmen to stardust.
>>
>>778095
Your 100% correct mate. NXT is bad because stars are getting over that shouldn't... Bailey wouldn't really get over with a lot of fans... The fans cheer for a basic match the couldn't get a overseas house show going. Also main roster is dry of tallent and we have Joe balor storm and more sitting in NXT.
>>
They're a budget LOD
>>
>>778297
This could actually work, have them do old school promos in front of a backdrop of their logo, shout cheesy musclehead lines, maybe even throw in a manager who thematically doesn't fit with them at all, also maybe book them to actually win some matches
>>
>>778094
I think being with stardust is a step up from where they were since they got promoted.
>>
>>778369
i think it sounds good on paper BUT - 1980s style promos and managers don't match up with 2015 style squeaky-clean play-it-safe wrestling. they'd just look like they're pretending to be something they aren't, moreso than they are now.
>>
>>778297
>>778369
>>778385
Then have them be just megalomaniac shit posters
>>
>>778248
were they even over in nxt?? the crowd was so apathetic during their matches im still legit shocked that they got called up
>>
>>778437
You obviously don't watch NXT.
>>
Because even the heel commentator talked shit about them when they debuted. No one understood their gimmick. They aren't exciting to watch.

Even now, as henchmen, they're horribly underutilized.

Have them beat the holy hell out of a guy. Have them kayfabe injure him. Do SOMETHING to make them seem like a viable threat. Right now they're just the guys that troll Neville with Stardust until an actual match happens, then they get their shit kicked in by two small Mexicans.
>>
>>778453
it's admittedly been a while since i've watched it, but i just strongly associate them with crowd reactions like this during their reign of terror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDKmteX0Hw
>>
They were and still are huge in NXT. They got a massive pop this week when they came back and I actually got to see how good they are. And they are very good. Great match BTW, Jordan and Gable are GOATs.
>>
>>778474
>They were and still are huge in NXT
Being over at Full Sail means nothing. They start chants for fucking anything.
>>
The same thing that always goes wrong: booking on RAW
>>
Their in-ring ability and charisma are at least on par with Ramen Rains so there's no real reason why Vince wants to bury them.
>>
>>778624
youre delusional if you actually believe that
>>
>>778094
They defeated the New Age Outlaws.
>>
>>778633
Yeah, you're right, they're both better
>>
>>778633
How is Ramen Noodles anymore charismatic? Keep in mind that good looks and better booking does not = charismatic.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.