[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fun sport for chest/arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 7845745684.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
7845745684.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
I started shaolin kempo, which seems similar to shotokan karate, half a year ago, and thought it'd be a balanced workout. Turns out it's leg heavy as fuck.

So I'm looking for a sport to balance out the leg heavy martial art. What sport is fun and focuses on chest and arms?
>>
>>770779
How about a real martial art?
>>
Bench Pressing
>>
Wing chun does that
>>
>>770784
like >>770796? There seems to only be karate-stuff, boxing and kickboxing around here
I don't expect to become a lewt fighter from it. It's a small group with an experienced trainer and the guys are fun

>>770785
I guess that's true, but I'd rather have a sport played/done with several people. Probably my fallback plan
>>
>>770847
Do boxing or kickboxing, you'll learn 10x more about fighting from doing either of those.

If you're in it because you like the people who go to your classes or because you just like the art itself then by all means stick at it.

As far as your original question goes though, kickboxing is a nice balance of both upper body and lower body, so you could always switch to that
>>
>>770779
what's wrong with her stumpy fingertips
>>
>>770847
>>770854
Actually, I just looked up some videos of shaolin kempo... unless you seriously love the culture or whatever behind it I'd suggest switching to boxing or whatever because you might as well learn balet for all the good it will do you in a fight
>>
>>770779
That's a man, baby.
>>
>>770871
Can't really argue against that. I did a few martial arts, and most of them seem to be taught in a way that aren't useful for fighting.

They all show their true face in the "how to disarm an opponent with a knife" lesson. Sadly kempo did the same, with that awkward knife arm first stance.
>>
>>770779
Don't listen to them, OP. Shaolin is 100% legit. Of course you have to expect it to use a lot your legs. Ironically, boxing use a lot the legs because positioning and punching comes from there. The best answer in this thread is sadly >>770785 or do wrestling, it's great to devellop everything at once.
>>
>>770862
>her
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.