[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New To Wrestling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: New_WWE_World_Heavyweight_Title.png (592 KB, 833x396) Image search: [Google]
New_WWE_World_Heavyweight_Title.png
592 KB, 833x396
So there are a lot of things that I am still learning about. I just got back into it this year. I was still a kid when I saw my last episode of WCW. So now I come back as a grown man and you got all these terms that I've never heard of before so forgive me if I'm overstepping.

I've heard people talk about how certain belts need to be made great again, how does this happen? What makes a belt 'great'? I'm just trying to figure it out is all.
>>
>>1174553
The perceived power and skill wrestlers who compete for and hold the belt have. If the wrestlers who have the belt are known to consistently be under-mid carders and not very good, the belt overall isn't considered great because you don't have to be good to hold it.

In general it goes form upper to mid card something like this:
WWE Heavyweight Championship
IC Championship
US Championship

The US Championship has been nigh-discarded as of late though, relegated to pre-shows and transitional champions. Everyone who grabs it seems to get lined up for a push then dumped.
>>
>>1174568
>no wymyns belt
What a shitlord you are.

For real though it's probably legit above the US title at the point. That belt is done.
>>
>>1174580
Separate divisions, though it's amazing how much the women's division has shined recently. Have to wonder if some of the guys in the locker room are worried about being out-performed at this point.

I was just going for the regular belts, can't really rank tag teams against single competitors either.
>>
>>1174568

But hasn't Kalisto been holding onto it so far? Unless we're talking about mid-carders and stuff. I guess I'm just asking because I could look this up myself, but I would like to actually have live discussion about the belts and what they mean to others, not just the superstars but to people like us, the fans as well. So thank you for your reply.

Kalisto is what is considered mid-card, right? I assume it's a problem due to his defense against Ryback being in the fucking pre-show of all things.
>>
>>1174589
It also has failed to appear in most major shows recently. Kalisto's been a guy I've wanted to get behind for a while but I don't know if they're going to ever do anything with him at this point. It feels like they're just trying him out in singles while his partner's injured.
>>
It's about how important the belt seems to be.
How good are the wrestlers involved, how good is the storyline build around the belt.
If you get something like the US championship, were the champion appears on tv only to lose in a tag match and nobody even cares he's champion then things are bad.
He defended that title on the pre-show of WM in a match that had almost no build-up.
That's what your weekly raw and smackdown should be. Shows were stories and rivalries are developed, leading towards a PPV match were people "fight" as if that championship is the most important thing in the world for them.
And really, you don't need to understand all of this right now. If you enjoy wrestling just keep watching and these notions will become clear with time.
>>
>>1174597

Sin Cara's injured? I had no idea. Then again I haven't seen him too often either now that you're mentioning it.
>>
>>1174614
I'm pretty sure he's still injured, unless WWE very quietly dropped him.

His status isn't listed as injured anymore though, and they did seem to be pretty cool with continuing despite it happening in the match, so he's probably ready to come back soon. I recovered from my dislocation in about three or so months, though they probably have a few more checks to worry about before saying someone's good to go.
>>
>>1174636
wasn't sin cara at WM? he killed cody with that ladder tho
>>
>>1174597
>>1174614
>>1174636
Sin Cara isn't injured, he worked 'Mania and just wrestled on SD
>>
>>1174641

Yeah that's what I was saying. I'm watching the stream right now so I had no idea if he was in a bad spot or not.
>>
>>1174641
>>1174640
Shit, must have missed it. Are they breaking up the Lucha Dragons then?
>>
>>1174648

OP Here. Kalisto and Sin Cara were, what I believe you guys call "fed" to Vaudevillains debut tonight.

I don't know if that's the proper term though it seems whenever they're in a tag team match they keep losing
>>
>>1174648
I doubt WWE even knows what it's doing with the Lucha Dragons and the US Title
>>
>>1174553
So OP you made yourself an idea about Rweman Rweings?
>>
>>1174684

If you're asking my opinion I am indifferent to him, but it's hard not to laugh at the reactions he incites.

And on the other hand, he gets booed so much I have come to LIKE when he wins because it really sets people off whenever he does. The segment with the news clippings during RAW this monday was hilarious. The entrance for WM was atrocious from how they had to butcher the audio. And then the very next night make excuses for why he was going to get booed the moment he introduced himself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.