[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nick Diaz gets 5 year ban for marijuana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: 11.jpg (68 KB, 650x440) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
68 KB, 650x440
#FREENICKDIAZ
http://wh.gov/inUSF
>>
>Don't post anything relevant.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/09/nick-diaz-reacts-to-five-year-suspension-nsac-was-way-the-f-ck-out-of-line

>Nick Diaz reacts to five-year suspension: NSAC was 'way the fuck out of line'

>Diaz (26-9 MMA) received a five-year suspension and $165,000 fine for positive marijuana tests at UFC 183

>Diaz tested positive for the substance twice in the past and the NSAC cited his repeat offense status into the punishment.

>тАЬIтАЩm pretty pissed off,тАЭ Diaz told MMAjunkie after the hearing. тАЬFirst of all, this sport, this commission and everybody, theyтАЩve done everything they can to keep me from being all the way on top where I should be."

>тАЬThose people are nothing but a bunch of crooks up there...
They got me in here sweating bullets in a freaking court room with my lawyers because they all think IтАЩm going to flip out and do something really nuts like I was about this close to doing. I just think that itтАЩs bullshit."

>Diaz said he was eager to speak his mind during the commission but instead let his lawyers represent his side of the argument. He shared his thoughts on the NSACтАЩs commissioners afterwards though.

>тАЬI wanted to tell them what I think; I wanted to tell each and every one of that theyтАЩre a bunch of dorks,тАЭ Diaz said.

>тАЬI wanted to tell them all, тАШLook, you guys are way the f-ck out of line. You guys are trying to hold me down from Day 1.тАЩ

>DiazтАЩs lawyers plan to appeal the NSAC ruling, but itтАЩs unknown how long that process will take. For now, though, Diaz must pay the fine and his license to compete in Nevada is suspended until Jan. 31, 2020 тАУ five years from the date of the UFC 183 contest. Moreover, Diaz will not be able to acquire a license to corner other fighters, which means he cannot corner his brother Nate Diaz for his December UFC bout.

cont.
>>
>>732493

>тАЬI canтАЩt even go тАУ my brother has a fight coming up; are you going to tell me I canтАЩt even go corner my brother when he goes in? This isnтАЩt a sport, this is war; this is warfare. This is a war game. HeтАЩs going in there to fight for his life and I canтАЩt even go stand next to him?тАЭ

>Diaz initially suffered a unanimous decision loss to Silva at UFC 183. However, Silva also tested positive for banned substances around the event. SilvaтАЩs drug tests were not for marijuana, though, but rather a variety of anabolic steroids.

>Silva, a former UFC middleweight champion, was fined $380,000 for his positive test, but only received a one-year suspension. Diaz said the difference in punishment is perplexing, especially because steroids are universally considered to be a far more dangerous substance.

>Until DiazтАЩs representatives can file an appeal and move the case forward, he will be suck on the sidelines waiting for the situation to unfold. Diaz said heтАЩs not sure what heтАЩll do in that time, which is particularly infuriating because he wants to fight as soon as possible.

>тАЬIтАЩm looking at doing this (until) next year, if anything; IтАЩm not doing nothing but high-profile fights,тАЭ Diaz said. тАЬAnybody that they try to tell you is the best fighter in the world right now at 170, 185 тАУ we donтАЩt know that now. IтАЩm pretty sure itтАЩs me. IтАЩm pretty damn confident itтАЩs me.

>тАЬ(IтАЩll be doing) nothing I guess. TheyтАЩre not going to let me fight. IтАЩm going to go teach jiu-jitsu. IтАЩll teach you how to throw a punch. One-year, two-year, five-year, IтАЩm looking at fighting like right quick, otherwise who am I going to fight? IтАЩm not looking at doing no fights.тАЭ
>>
How is pot a 5 year ban, but fucking roids is a "Last match is now a No Contest"
>>
yeah thats pretty interesting that a performance reducing drug would carry a bigger punishment than a performance enhancing one
>>
>>732510
The NSAC a shit. They practically just slapped a lifetime ban on one of the UFCs top fighters for shits and giggles.
>>
>>732501
>especially because steroids are universally considered to be a far more dangerous substance

By junkies, sure.
>>
>>732540

It's not for "shits and giggles", it's because he's a subhuman degenerate who smokes satangrass. Potheads deserve no mercy.
>>
>>732510
>>732534
>>732540
All he had to do was not smoke pot. Sounds like he's got a drug problem.

Jesus Christ dude, if you know you are going to be tested and that is your fucking job on the line, maybe you shouldn't be smoking. What a dumb ass. Can't even talk like a full grown adult.
>>
ufc needs better writers tbh
good viral for the stoner persecution crowd but I don't see anybody buying NSAC t-shirts
>>
>>732582
your an idiot if you think pot is more dangerous than steroids.
>>
>>732615
I agree but really, is it worth losing your job over? Can you honestly say that someone at the top of the sport deserves a near lifetime ban because they wanted to smoke pot?
>>
>>732632
He knew the rules man. Was very simple to avoid. I have no sympathy for him. Is it a good rule? No, but fuck man. The guy's just a dumbass. You can see it in his behavior. You can see it in the way he talks. You can see it in his use of pot.
>>
>>732652
I agree, he's not the smartest guy around, you can find that out listening to him talk. I just can't help feeling like he's the victim of a really shitty punishment for a really shitty rule. It's not like he smoked crack or got busted for PED. He did a drug that grows from the Earth and is well on it's way to becoming legal. He got a punishment harsher than a fighter busted for steroids TWO times would get for doing something that has no effect at all on his fights.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5492975/r
>>
>>732719
>posting the results page

You fuckin blew it, man

http://strawpoll.me/5492975/
>>
>>732729
>>posting the results page
Didn't even notice. Never go full Nick Diaz
>>
and yet ufc stars who actually got caught using PEDs or harder illegal drugs get 1 years or less suspensions. lol @ the most corrupt sport in the world
>>
>>732732
>Never go full Nick Diaz
being the realist nigga in UFC? one day man one day.
>>
I've never used any illegal drug in my life and I think 5 years is too harsh if it was just over a single failed drug test for marijuana, but when the guy goes and says stuff like

>his isnтАЩt a sport, this is war; this is warfare. This is a war game. HeтАЩs going in there to fight for his life

I stop caring because he's clearly a giant buffoon.
>>
>>732748
>somebody losing his shit because a bunch of retards ended his career for some dude weed lmao is a buffoon
you must be stupid if you dont get how ridicolously disproportionate the punishment is
>>
>>732468
>>732586
>satangrass

But why?

>>732510
>>732582

An athlete proves the worth of his labor in competition unnatural PEDs should be a career death sentence.

Pot is more comparable to blowing over the limit / DUI, not a five year when PEDs only warrant one year.

Ridiculous.
>>
mean while jon jones pissed hot for cocaine, dui and had a dui hit and run with cocaine in the car but he's a hero for one day of rehab...and still didnt get the 5 year suspension
>>
>>732748
Dude it's not a single failed drug. This is his third for the same shit. Adults usually learn their lesson.
>>
>>732744
Were those people 3 time repeat offenders?

Also, it's not the UFC. It's the NAC.
>>
I know Diaz personally through a family friend and that dude can be pretty chill, but at the same time, if you just listen to him, he's a fucktard. I wouldn't say it to his face though. Might rage out and go apeshit.

This dude has been seen hanging around at the Barnes and Nobles in my town just straight pedo'ing it with the local highschool girls after the get out. Wtf is that shit...
>>
When Chavez Jr tested positive in boxing for weed all he got was a slap on the wrist.
>>
>>732971
>high school
>pedo
>wtf
>...
Lol tbh fam.
>>
>>732468
He was done anyway so what difference does it make?
>>
>>733069
he's only 32 years old and he did well against Anderson Silva in a higher weight class. How was he done?
>>
>>732652
Just because Nick Diaz is stupid doesnt mean it isnt also a stupid rule. If you made the speed limit on the highway 3 MPH and someone was "stupid" enough to speed, would you be focusing on the person, or the rule which is beyond retarded?

Seems to me youre missing the point. Marijuana is not a PED and has no place being monitored in the first place, much less being punished five times as harshly as steroids.
>>
Lmao fucking druggies.

Seems like a weird rule though, what does weed have anything to do with affecting martial art performance?
>>
>>732626
That's under breaded as fuck m80
>>
>>732971
Living the dream, most places have an age of consent of about 16
>>
>>732652
>the guys a dumbass
No shit. He fights for a living. Of course he's not bright
>>
>>733079
I smoked pot for years breh, it is a stupid decision irregardless of the rules.
>>
>>733073
>didn't get knocked out
>doing well

kek, all he did was not lose worse. He more or less did jack shit the entire fight, landed a couple softs blows.
>>
>>733177
You're still missing the point "breh." It can be a stupid decision to smoke pot, and the rule can also be tremendously more stupid, all at the same time.
>>
>>732615
He's an mma fighter, not a commercial pilot you idiotic statist boot licking faggot.

I don't smoke pot, and I'm conservative, but this is proof of Government control reaching far too deep into our lives.
>>
>>732771
>repeatedly use illegal drugs
>receive punishment
>THIS IS WAR

he is a buffoon. The real issue is why aren't other offenders, many of whom are more serious than Diaz, punished accordingly.
>>
ITT you faggots are more salty about someone doing bong rips than having someone go full /fraud/ in the cage.
>>
>>733877
I don't think Nick would be complaining much, if actual cheaters like Anderson Silva got lifetime suspensions.
>>
File: BLOOD SPORT.jpg (297 KB, 792x1100) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD SPORT.jpg
297 KB, 792x1100
>>733930
>I don't think Nick would be complaining much, if a

Silva snapped his fucking leg and still came back to fight thanks to roids...LEGALIZE ALL DRUGS IN TEH UFC.
>>
>>732468
Lmao 5 years IS too long.

But he should be punished anyhow. If you're an athlete -> no drugs of any kind while you are competing.
>>
>>734611
Why? who gives a shit what they do on their own time as long as they get the job done. as long as its not Performance enhancing who gives a shit.
>>
>>732468
We should kill some squares in retaliation.
>>
>>734710
It's a little late to complain about it after signing the contract.
>>
>>734611
>But he should be punished anyhow

No, he shouldn't be. Roids and PAS are one thing, but suspending someone for pot smoking is just policing their personal lives. It has nothing to do with the competition of fights, so why on earth should it be seen as pertinent?
>>
>>737963
I'm all in for pot smoking but isn't pot regarded as a blanked substance i.e pot can potentially mask the use of other substances?
>>
>>737154
>It's a little late to complain about it after signing the contract.
I don't think anon was asking for an excuse to why he should not be held to contractual obligations.

Anon is asking why YOU personally think an athlete should be punished for the use of drugs.
>>
File: 1442819229511.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1442819229511.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>732468
>gets caught doing it 5 times after being told not to
>it's the NSAC's fault
Top. Fucking. Kek. What a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>738263
Yup, I feel like this is the major issue. He knew the rules, he agreed to them, he didn't learn his lesson.

If he wanted to say maybe not get caught repeatedly smoking AND you know maybe do something like lobby to get rid of the nonsensical rule that would be fine. But just being a dumb ass and throwing your career down the toilet is not something that you should defend. It's not like he got in trouble for doing something productive.
>>
>>732468

Fuck that brainless junkie.
>>
Why the hell do people always say that pot is not a performance enhancing drug in terms of combat sports?

pot is used medically to help people endure/suppress pain

so doing pot might increase a person's tolerance to pain

doing pot days/weeks before the fight would build up a person's pain tolerance but not restrict his other abilities

there definitely isn't enough study to determine if that is so or not but it is within the realms of possibility

so couldn't it be that Diaz's ability to take hits be due to him taking pot?
>>
>>740081
fighters have broken arms and legs in fights and were very mad the doctor wouldn't let them continue fighting.

ive heard many fighters say they dont even feel pain until after the fights
>>
>>740087
>ive heard many fighters say they dont even feel pain until after the fights
>because they have no self control and are drenched in adrenaline the whole time, giving them mental tunnel vision, rather than being calm and conditioned fighters
>>
>>740087
>fighters have broken arms and legs in fights and were very mad the doctor wouldn't let them continue fighting.
>fighters are overly emotionally driven (stupid) animals with no consideration for the future
>>
>>738311
>>738263
what if he smoked at a party 2 weeks prior??
c'mon assholes
>>
>>740081
AHAHAHAHAH build up pain tolerance with weed, you sure are a stupid fuck aren't you m855??
>>
>>740329
>got caught doing it 5 FUCKING TIMES.
>
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.