[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Roman over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: what.png (1 MB, 1084x758) Image search: [Google]
what.png
1 MB, 1084x758
Is Roman over?
>>
AJ Styles is more over than him..
>>
File: 231.jpg (191 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
191 KB, 720x1280
>>
tl;dr No, he's not over. Not really.

Extremely mixed reaction. Mostly just kids and fat chicks love him because of his looks and his entrance.

He's only a half-decent wrestler.
He's a shitty talker.
His moveset is limited.
He has shit cardio.
His gimmicks are annoying.
He has no understanding of the business.
He doesn't connect with the audience / can't play it like Cena/Rock/Austin/virtually anybody else on the roster to be honest.

They've proven they can get him over for a short while when they make him do badass things, but then they go back to making him do dumb shit that makes everyone hate him again.

Putting him in a match with Lesnar and Ambrose was very brave and (mostly) very stupid. He's going to be booed again unless they find some sort of miracle love potion to spray on crowds that make them instantly fall in love with him.
>>
>>921438
>he has shit cardio
Hello fitness coach
>>
He's over like Bobby Lashley was in the prime of his forced push
>>
>>921440
Roman was definitely out of breath and begging for the rumble to be over after tossing out Rusev.

Fortunately AJ's entrance took a long ass time so he could take a quick rest.
>>
>>921438
>Putting him in a match with Lesnar and Ambrose was very brave and (mostly) very stupid.

What do they hope to accomplish out of this?
The only thing I can think is.
>basically a 2v1 handicap match
>They team up on Brock and beat him allowing Brock to look strong still
>Roman spears Dean
>Roman goes to WM main event again to a mild crowd

Do they really think people will cheer for Roman taking the belt from HHH at Mania?
>>
>>921278
epic
>>
>>922146
>Do they really think people will cheer for John taking the belt from HHH at Mania?
>>
Ambrose or Lesnar is going to win. They know Roman will not work now.
>>
>>922294
>Deanetty
>winning
>>
>>921277
did you miss raw last night roman was getting cheers more than aj the crowd was dead for aj
>>
>>922429
>the production team totally doesn't add in audience cheers
>>
>>922449
>t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-th-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-the-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-they just added it in t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-there!!!
>>
>>922449
>anytime someone you does something well
it was the production team!
>anytime someone you like does something well
SEE I WAS RIGHT
fucking smarks lel
>>
inb4 le anti smark meme
I'm a smark who likes making fun of smark culture, like a black who makes fun of nigger culture
>>
>>922298
He's already had twice the career of Marty.

Not even a fan but honestly, turning Roman heel and joining with Vince and HHH and rolling the dice on Ambrose would've been interesting.
>>
>>922429
https://youtu.be/nTHHTGthxWA
https://youtu.be/G-ZhvrJGc4o
>popping when Renee called his name
>crowd cheering every time AJ hit a signature move
>the crowd was into the match
why you lying?

I don't know about that tag match with Roman though and how it compares because that match was not worth my time.
>>
>>922527
Dean was there and he's more over than Roman, so...
>>
>>921438
Say what you like about Roman, but the guy can work the crowd in a Main Event. Are you forgetting how he just let Lesnar stiff him for half an hour last year? It was great. His match with Bryan was pretty good too. I agree with everything else
>>
>>922527
>WWE upload
you know they edit the crowd in those right
>>
>>922462
>inb4 le anti smark meme
>I'm a smark who likes making fun of smark culture, like a black who makes fun of nigger culture

TOP KEK
>>
>>922574
I was watched Raw live and I have no way to post another version to prove my point.
>>
>>922457
>>922460
>whoever Vince tells me to like I like!
>>
>>922564
He can be a punching bag?

Wow, clearly THIS guy is the next face of the company.
>>
>>921271
On TV but not on PPV
>>
>>922876
He's not even THAT over on TV going by the last couple of weeks.
>>
>>922878
True, I was watching a 2004 PPV yesterday and was amazed out how Over Cena was back then, no wonder they made this guy a top star but with Regins I honestly don't think they could make him into the top guy at this point
>>
>>922900
Just watch Ambrose segments during either of his Rollins feuds in the past 2 years, he is WAY more over than Reigns has ever been.
>>
>>922930
I went to Hell in a Cell in fucking Dallas 2 years ago with 6 buddies wearing shirts that spelled out AMBROSE and we didn't even get shown because a group of 7 dudes a few rows front of us held up a big AMBROSE sign. The entire arena was on fire cheering for Dean against Rollins. Now 2 years later with an opportunity for him to return to the same city in the Main Event they'd rather just go with his friend that nobody really cares about
>>
>>922949
>The entire arena was on fire cheering for Dean against Rollins.
based heel seth, thats why.
>>
>>922900

I don't give a fuck if anyone shits on me for saying this. The Doctor of Thuganomics was based.
>>
>>921438
The problem isn't the mixed reaction (by now WWE knows what to do with that), it's the lack of reaction from most the crowd. People just don't give a fuck about Roman Reigns. Some men hate him. Some girls will shriek for him, but neither reaction is even that loud, unlike Cena who ALWAYS has the arena rocking with one of the biggest reactions of the night, no matter what.

There is just nothing compelling about him due to the crossed wires with his booking and the fan perception of him. They need to bite the bullet and give him a run as a corporate heel, playing into the perceptions people have.
>>
>>922855
Cena did it for ten years senpai.
>>
>>922958
>They need to bite the bullet and give him a run as a corporate heel, playing into the perceptions people have.

Imagine if this happens and he's STILL using The Shield gimmick
>>
Roman is over with all the crowds that never show up to the marquee that help the company grow. He's going to make money hand over fist but get boo'd do shit at the rumble, summerslam, and wrestlemania every year for at least three more years. He'll spend at least a month or two getting his pop back and never gain true momentum.

Roman is nothing but Vince's last hurrah that *he* builds the biggest star. He's his last Hogan, his last Cena. The sad fucking thing is HHH has managed to set up a system that as his brand chanted at Vince's events, yet Vince is willing to let the house burn down if this one guy gets over.

The only hope is that Ambrose, AJ, KO, Sami, Joe, Balor, even Rollins stay at the IC title level with maybe one or two popping up there to lose and come back down.

Vince has a set a dangerously high brass ring with Roman so fuck them both. Yeah I mad. Talent doesn't mean shit to Vince just which of his "toys" he secretly wants to fuck.
>>
File: 1405872160995.jpg (48 KB, 612x613) Image search: [Google]
1405872160995.jpg
48 KB, 612x613
>it's a Roman Reigns segment
>>
>>922996
"Secretly'?
>>
>>922996
>Vince
The Shield (all three of them) are HHH's projects.
>>
>>923011
> this meme again

Reigns is getting booked exactly like how every one of Vince's pet babyfaces for the past quarter-century has gotten booked.

18+
>>
>>923014
>you only have to be a HHH guy or a Vince guy in the WWE

18+
>>
>>922996
he didn't build Hogan though, he had his whole gimmick already in the AWA, was a star from Rocky 3 and was given the title within a month of signing with the WWF
>>
>>923011
Roman might be HHH's project but it doesn't fit. With I dunno....every other hire he has.
>>
>>923015
That is not at all what I said. Please try reading.
>>
>>922527
Jericho looks like he is melting
>>
>>922972
He still comes through the crowd, with the same music and the same clothes and the same wet hair. But he's a heel now! Yeah, right.

Also, wouldn't it be too late to turn him heel now? I feel like that ship has sailed now unless Haitch and the Authority goes babyface for some inexplicable reason (anything for Roman lol).
>>
>>921278
lel
>>
>>922204
>Butthurt Roman mark

18+ Pajeet
>>
>>923026
I hate to point it out to you, but it is really what you said.
>>
File: b+.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
b+.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>>922564
"Some men can wrestle brooms into 5 star matches.
Roman Reigns is that broom"

Was figuratively what you said there also
>bulletproof vest
>>
Idk. I'm still wondering if he's autistic.
>>
>>924744
That gif top kek
>>
File: 1422411013828.gif (3 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1422411013828.gif
3 MB, 225x169
>Vince pet project
>>
>>925157
He just plays a retard on TV
>>
>>921271
my dad is Triple H
Dean is going over
Reigns is going heel at Fastlane
>>
>>925207
>Dean
>going over

Pick one
>>
he's "over enough" for vince, he sure as hell isn't ushering a new era.
>>
>>925207
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
He may not be the autist we want,
he will be the autist we need.
>>
>>922468
I agree with you, but you greatly underestimate how dense Vince is
>>
>>921271

No because they're not making him look strong enough.
>>
>>922574
how come roman's never over in those videos either?
>>
Roman probably could have gotten over in an era where every fan wasn't a smart fan.

But we as the audience suffer from some sort of cognitive dissonance with this current storyline. We're led to believe that the Authority hates Roman so much that they don't want him to be champion even to the point where the COO has to take care of him and become champ himself.

Yet at the same time as smart fans we know that they're hot on Roman Reigns backstage and they want him to be over more than anything so that he can be the next top guy. And then even in storyline they do nonsensical things like giving him a chance for a title shot by winning at Fastlane for no good reason even though the Authority doesn't want him to be champion
>>
>>926717

>every fan wasn't a smart fan.

The Hell are you talking about? Smarks make up probably 5% of any venue with the exception of MSG. You're living in La La Land if you think the average American wrestling fan is a smark.
>>
>>926728
>thinking its millions of smarks who have been tuning out of Raw and causing ratings to decline
Being a Smart fan just means you've read the latest bleacherreport article about your favorite wrestler after googling him.

The only people who watch WWE are smart fans who will continue to watch no matter how much they complain and children.
>>
>>926728

And Chicago, Philly, Toronto, and Montreal are mark crowds?

Yeah, I know, Canada. But really, Canada and America are pretty much a shared culture anyways.
>>
>>921458
He looked in pain during this week's Raw, after trying the rollup powerbomb and Rusev disguising the botch. He was also clutching his arm a lot the last two shows. Probably injuries.
>>
>>927705
that wasnt a botch
>>
File: rusevfish.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
rusevfish.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>927718
See, that's the magic of RuRu. He's so perfect at anything he does, a botch becomes a spot.
>>
>>927735
That was a botch? Was he supposed to hit Lana with the fish?

Protip: don't throw a fish on your wife.
>>
>>927705
He's either injured (Mom, I mean Vince's gonna flip!) or he has shit physical everything. I'm willing to bet my house that Seth and Kalisto are way stronger than Roman.
>>
>>926728
That sure was a loud 5% at this year's Royal Rumble!
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.