[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was 2015 worse than 1995?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: King-Mabel-Horizontal.jpg (37 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
King-Mabel-Horizontal.jpg
37 KB, 642x361
Was 2015 worse than 1995?
>>
>>847710
> Bret Hart
> Steiner Brothers
> Owen Hart
> HBGay
> Razor Ramon
> Bam Bam Bigelow
> Jerry Lawler when he was good, Macho Man and Vince on commentary

> BMJ
> Memesaro
> New Day
> Brock
> Seth
> Cole and JBL

this year is far worse
>>
>>847710
Yes. Kayfabe was still alive back then, and so were WCW and ECW
>>
>>847710
At least there were a variety of shapes and sizes of performer/gimmick and colourful costumes back then. Now all the gimmicks and costumes are pretty much interchangeable.
>>
2015 was the worst year of wrestling ever
>>
2015 was the worse year not only for the wwe but pro-wrestling in general.
>>
>>847710
Honestly? Yeah.
>>
>>847727
PG killed gimmicks. back then you had a guy that was just there to bang chicks, a guy that was just there to hurt people, a guy that was just there to fuck over his brother..... now it's all "muh fighting spirit! i'm here for the belt!" and naturally they scrapped the hardcore belt, and the euro belt, and the TV belt, and the light heavyweight belt, and the cruiserweight belt..... so really you've just got three hours of guys banging their dicks against each other for no real payoff.
>>
>>847961

Half of those belts never mattered in the first place, so its no great loss to get rid of them.

Course, they should have replaced them with something that did matter instead of running every feud into the ground with I lose-you lose booking and pretending nothing outside the main eventers could be worth TV time.

For all that Russo could be a complete fuckwit, he understood one thing - if you want people to get over, they have to be given time and storylines.
>>
File: daltoncastle.jpg (1 MB, 1136x910) Image search: [Google]
daltoncastle.jpg
1 MB, 1136x910
>>847923
how so?

WK9 was great
Lucha underground happened
Jay Lethal's arc in 2015 was better than almost anything
I don't watch that outlaw rotary club promotion but I heard it was good
>>
>>847710
as someone who was alive for both no, 95 was worse and 2015 was actually pretty good, just a lot of smarks overreacting is all.
>>
>>847961
This thread is about 1995. Perhaps you took a wrong turn somewhere
>>
>>847710
For wwe yes. But despite this there's still njpw, nxt, lucha underground, and Vinces eventual retirement to look forward to
>>
>>847977
Hardcore title was pure entertainment desu, the european belt had potential but putting it on HBK was ironically a bad move, and the light heavyweight belt was godly when WCW first introduced it and put it on Pillman. I think the bigger problem is literal star value. No world champion in the past few years has been worth a dime because they never felt like a champion. The only guy who came close was Punk but that was only because he held it so damn long, not because he was actually a great champion cause a lot of his matches until he turned heel again were all clear blowoffs. Cena is pretty much the only guy left with actual star power aside from Brock. When you take into account that most wrestlers have forgettable personalities, the titles don't mean much and nobody has star power, every match seems pointless.
>>
BRING BACK THE HARDCORE TITLE! 24/7!!
>>
>>848101
Every match seeming pointless is poor booking. There's no build, no tease, no pacing, no point
>>
>>848124
It really sinks in when you look at everything Brock has done with Heyman recently and you realise how obvious it is that Paul's actually chipped in with creative.
>>
>>847961
> New Generation
> not PG

18+
>>
>>848019
>>
>>848019
King of Trios was pretty fantastic as well.
>>
>>848193
I love autistics.
>>
Lucha Underground is good.
NJPW Wrestlekingdom 9 and Dominion were two of the best payperviews ever.

But yeah WWE a shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.