[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time a finisher meant something?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: RKO-big-625x350.jpg (71 KB, 625x350) Image search: [Google]
RKO-big-625x350.jpg
71 KB, 625x350
I mean, you'd see guys kicking out the pedigree or the tombstone at Wrestlemania only.

Now they kick out anything on every monthly PPV or even Raw.

It literally kills the purpose of the finisher and their credibility.

Lesnar needing 3 f5 to beat taker was a rare sight, now Roman takes 4 finishers and still gets up.

Nice job ''creative''.
>>
Reigns and Nakamura spring to mind. Cena's finisher is probably the weakest, since most people besides jobbers need two or three to be pinned.
>>
Wrestlers should be built up to have a finisher that finishes a match one-two-three easily and a second finisher that they use to beat jobbers and so on that some people CAN kick out of but it would be still rare.
>>
>>1456522
yeah this and most wrestlers used to have it
>>
Blame KObese and his matches with Cena for this mess.
>>
The 3D still means a lot
>>
>>1456528
It started before that, you mongoloid.
>>
>>1456538

It was happening now and then, but KObese/Cena series made it a regular thing.
>>
I mean, let's look at the last ppv.

Rollins traps Roman's spear in a pedigree, lands.

Why not just end it there? It was a great segment.

What's the point of having Rollins hit another pedigree 5 mins later?
>>
>>1456544
Not really.
Ironically, though, despite those matches becoming quite spammy, KO's finisher is treated as one of the more severe on the roster.
>>
Roman's spear? f5? pedigree? dumb faggot
>>
>>1456544
Eighteen fucking plus Jesus Christ. The Rock and Stone Cold started it like 15 years ago.
>>
>>1456498
I even have to make the finishers more powerful in the settings in the video games. Just the state of modern meme wrestling
>>
>>1456562
Brock only wrestles big matches. So his F5 gets kicked out of quite a bit.
This Mania is really the only time I can remember one ending the match.
Also Rollins' pedigree gets kicked out of.
>>
>>1456562
>pedigree
kicked out the last ppv
>f5
kicked out the last time Brock was on ppv
>Roman's spear
yeah that's the only one that's treated like a real finisher
more reasons to hate Roman
everyone has to suck because of him
>>
Cesaros gay ass finisher
>>
>>1456558
Because creative know finishers don't mean shit and that Roman losing to just one would make him look weak
>>
When you watch Undertakers Wrestlemanias, the amount of finishers just keeps increasing
>>
>>1456603
>creative know

cute, look at the ratings

then fire creative and Roman
>>
>>1456614
You mean fire dean?
>>
>>1456522
Finn Balor has his Bloody Sunday that he's started using in conjunction with his Coup de Grace. Doesn't really count because he isn't main roster, but that's the sort of thing I want to return.
>>
>>1456603
special treatment is exactly why noone wants to see Roman

on Raw or low tier ppv he should lose to one finisher just like everyone else
>>
>>1456613
First Edge barely managed to kick out of Tombstone because a referee came a minute later.
Than Shawn Michaels barely kicked out, the second match rising just to get dunked.
And then everyone kicked out of the fucking Tombstone and resumed the match proper
>>
I really don't fucking know why Roman had to kick out of that spear-agree counter at MitB.

I have a sneaking suspicion it was because they wanted to have the pin be in the center of the ring, not the corner, but that's dumb as hell.
>>
The problem is that now if you don't kick out of at least one finished, you look weak. Its also very hard to do false finishes if there's only one finisher used in a match
>>
>>1457057
>The problem is that now if you don't kick out of at least one finished,

How long have you been watching wrestling?
>>
>>1457115
Since 97
>>
they should do other moves that aren't finishers before they do their finishers

like Triple H has his facebuster into spinebuster, his running knee, whipping to the corner so hard he falls down, catapults, or whatever.

nowadays superstars just have one or two of those, just resort to punches and kicks, and then their finisher.
>>
I agree, the finishers were a damgerous move and now it's almost like a refular ove and people kick out of them over and over again.
>>
Its just natural progression
First one finisher ended a match
Then you had a period where ideas such an epic moment when somody actually kicked out
Now its expected that they kicked out
They booked Romans spear to take people out with just one but everybody complained
>>
>>1456590
>everyone has to suck because of him
Hey it could be worse. He could get a 4th title reign in less than a year despite just coming off a wellness infraction.
But that won't happen right?...Right?
>>
>>1457031
Gotta make Roman look strong
>>
>>1458967
Because nobody wants Roman to win.
He's booked as the 'underdog' but he has been handed success on a silver platter along with a love letter from Vince. Yet everyone is pinned by his half assed spear when he eats 2-3 finishers himself.
>>
The Rough Ryder
>>
>>1458760
you drunk bro?
>>
>>1456619
Also 1916
>>
All because of this guy
>>
>>1459325
1916 is the Bloody Sunday. I knew they changed the name but couldn't quite remember what it was called. 1916 being the year Bloody Sunday happened, I guess even that name isn't PG enough for them.
>>
>>1458967
people complain because it's special treatment

everyone's finisher is buried, Roman's one is ''really strong''

that's shit, either all count or none
>>
>>1459427
the bloody sunday was in the early 90s. 1916 was easter rising.
>>
>>1459481
Actually it was the early 70's so we're both idiots.
>>
Dean's dirty deeds DDT is getting protected a lot lately.
>>
>>1459563
Because he's the champ, wait till he isn't.
>>
>>1459316
Nah it was my mobile keyboard
>>
>>1459575
When was the last time someone survived one Dirty Deeds?

Last time i checked every Dean victory is >ONE DIRTY DEEDS.
>>
>>1459693
To be honest I don't know, I hate his matches.
>>
>>1456498
AJ, Dean, Baron Corbin, and Rollins all end most of their matches with finishers.
>>
>>1459753
>Baron Corbin
His only opponents have been jobbers and Ziggler.

>>1459753
>AJ
his finishers got buried faster than lightning,
>>
>>1459303
Genuinely the most protected finisher in WWE.
>>
>>1456601
This needs to be fixed asap. On both fronts.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.