[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make DARREN YOUNG Great Again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: darren-young-bob-backlund.jpg (48 KB, 650x351) Image search: [Google]
darren-young-bob-backlund.jpg
48 KB, 650x351
I don't understand these spots.
> Why are they always talking about motivation and shit?
> Who the fuck is the white guy?
> It is supposed to be funny or what?
>>
>>1478005
>Not knowing who Bob Backlund is
18+
>>
>>1478005
>Who the fuck is the white guy?
18+
>>
>>1478005
>who is the white guy
>they literally haven't stopped saying his name for 4 months in a desperate effort to give Darren young some credibility by association
>people don't give a shit about bob backlund so it didn't work and we're left with some annoying vignettes like the shining stars
>darren young "wins" a rumble by lying down in the corner for 10 minutes and doing literally nothing
>number 1 contender for IC title

The sad thing is they'll put him over, otherwise why waste the time on the vignettes? People hate on the Miz but at least that nigga's been entertaining since WM.

Under him the IC title was the best title picture on the card for 2 PPVs in a row.
>>
>>1478005
I'll be honest, I've skipped every single one of these segments.
>>
>>1478008
>>1478009
I am not from USA or whatever country Bob belongs to.
>>
>>1478005

18+ panjeet
>>
>>1478017
18+
>>
>>1478017
As much as this guy is shitposting (I assume), he does raise a good point:

Did WWE do enough to get the audience informed about Backlund's career accomplishments?

Remember, the majority of their audience is young, far younger than Backlund having relevance, and while everyone has heard of the huge stars of the 80's: Hogan, Savage, Warrior, do casual WWE fans really know that much about backlund's time in the company?

As much as these vigniettes were intended to elevate Darren Young. (I would argue they failed spectacularly on that score), they also needed to elevate Backlund.

You can't float a nostalgia angle if no one fucking remembers you, that's all.
>>
>>1478005
18+
>>
>>1478025
Not shitposting, dude. I am 21 yo and from Spain, so zero idea of who is the old man. From your post I assume that it is and old wrestler, isn't he?
>>
>>1478032
Yeah, he held the heavyweight title for the second longest of all time, then he dropped it in 1983.

The problem is, unlike hogan for example, did more or less dropped off the radar really, whereas Hogan worked well into the 2000's.
>>
>>1478005
Would be a good angle if they had someone to go back-and-forth with Backlund, and not a shit-tier worker and charisma-void like Young.
>>
>>1478044
Yeah, I'm struggling to care about this whole thing.

It doesn't help that the only time we've seen these 2 in ages is this awful set of videos, it just associates them with this trash.

They should've done it as a more realistic training kind of thing. Have darren young go in the ring, get the shit beaten out of him, then show Backlund training him while he spars against some bozos or something else.

The "life coach" thing is fucking stupid for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>1478032
He's one of the greatest, longest reigning champions in the history of the business
>>
>>1478054
To be fair, even though Backlund held the title for a stupidly long time, WWE treats him like a comedy old-timer as opposed to the awe that they give to guys like Sanmartino and Hogan.
>>
>>1478005
I voted for Backlund.

Love what I see from 79'-83 'run as champ and matches much against Patera, Idol, Patterson, Hansen, beaten, Ladd, Valentine, etc.

It is not easy to vote for Darren though, I'm not nearly up to him as many /asp/ but dude was always happy and can pull off a routine when he wanted to. I feel happy for him to go to the exchange and suplexes absurd than telling a story that can be told at any time he desires.

But fukk, I went with a goofy ass Backlund.
>>
>>1478032
I dont understand why you dont just google the fucking guy and get a clue. But i do agree with the poster who said WWE shouldve elevated Backlunds career due to the younger audience
>>
>>1478073
>WWE treats him like a comedy old-timer as opposed to the awe that they give to guys like Sanmartino and Hogan.
This

it's sad when you look at it that way

TNA did the same thing, but they're fucking TNA. WWE should know better.
>>
>>1478005
Two of the most irrelevant pieces of garbage
>>
>>1478010
Wwe would never try and force someone (especially someone this uncharasmatic) on the fans, give them a title and pretend they're over
>>
Is it actually canon to the WWE universe that Darren Young is indeed same-sex attracted? I mean i never really heard about this directly from any WWE program. He is after all the superstar that is always hustling/not sleeping because he is so busy all the time? And what happened to PTP?
>>
>>1479388
>Is it actually canon to the WWE universe that Darren Young is indeed same-sex attracted?
No.
>>
>>1479396
thats what i thought, so it's a meta thing that's being read into by us "the fans"
>>
>>1478025
Hell I live in America and am 21. Who the fuck is that old ass vanilla midget.
>>
is darren youngs new theme out yet? i kinda like the 10 seconds i heard of it
>>
>>1478073
Blame Vincent K McMahon. He hated Backlund since the beginning.
>>
>>1479437
>Who the fuck is that old ass vanilla midget.
Your father. You know, the one your mom said went out for a pack of smokes when she was pregnant with you and never came back. .
>>
In keyfabe Backlund and Sanmartino should be like primigenian gods, mens that had the belt for years... great legends in an era not televised.

But they prefer don't give a shit about their past previous to Hogan, Warrior Andre The Giant and that people...
>>
>>1479442
Bumping for this
>>
>>1478073
Did you see SD this week he got a lot of respect.
>>
>>1478005
Really hope Miz doesn't drop the title to this glorified jobber. It would probably bring the title to irrelevancy.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.