[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/eternal skateboarding general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
File: skatefreestylenoregrets.jpg (195 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
skatefreestylenoregrets.jpg
195 KB, 2048x1536
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU 'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

skatepark etiquette: go early or go burly

drop an ear to our man's hairy testicles hypelist

old thread:>>1410960

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApXhO0Tx-8
>>
this is the legitimate thread

whenever you see the motivational messages and the skatepark etiquette, know that this is the thread.

with this in mind, post wherever you want, just know that we changed our two years long OP without even updating the pastebins, for a /wwe/ troll

peace
>>
Hey /esg/ so I've been skating for almost 2 years now (2 years in august) and I still do not have ollies on lock. I can ollie pretty well, but they're not at my command, it still seems to be a stabbing in the dark kind of thing, there are days when I feel like I'm really getting it and I do like 5 or 10 really good, ones, solid pop, decent height, land bolts etc. But then there are other days when it's like I've completely lost it. I feel like every time I think I figure out what "the key" is, like I find what the missing puzzle piece is, it slips through my fingers and I have to rediscover what "they key" is all over again.. Was it like this for you guys? Will it all click one day, and I'll be able to put all the pieces together? Cause right now, it seems impossible. Having enough control and command to actually ollie over obstacles and stuff still seems like a completely mystery to me. Should I take this as a sign that I'm just not cut out for this? I'm getting frustrated and want to quit. But at the same time, I have definitely come a long way.. I dunno. Also, I'm 28, and I skate alone almost all the time, so I feel like that's part of it.

tl;dr been skating for 2 years and still don't have ollies on lock. Should I quit?
>>
>>1424300
the only reason to quit is if you want to quit.
Skating is an equation of mood and warming up. I feel the same way about ollies as you but I can say I have them down. There's always room for improvement however, I can always take them higher and/or faster. In comparison to that, I wouldn't say I have other tricks down which I have landed before, more than once.

The wise things in life are simple, so here's something simple: practice makes perfect.
>>
Thanks man, wise words. I definitely don't want to quit.. I feel compelled to keep trying every day. I just hope I can at least learn how to ollie up a curb and down a few stairs before I completely destroy me knees and back in the process lol
>>
>>1424365
>before I completely destroy me knees and back in the process

won't happen any time soon and I sympathise with your fears, I am 28 as well and where I go to skate I see people in their late 30s ripping it up, not to mention pros who are in their 40s.
>>
>>1424390
Haha yeah that's true. Well hopefully I'll get a good 10 or 15 years in a least
>>
>>1423329
What up lads where can I find this
drop an ear to our man's hairy testicles hypelist
>>
>>1424507
just have a little patience, he'll show up and post it.
>>
File: 1455598513263.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1455598513263.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
>tfw lil cousin who I didn't know skated called me up and asked me about skate locations today

>>1424390
>not to mention pros who are in their 40s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvPt_a7iOQ

>>1424517
So it's a legit setlist? I just started skating alone and would be cool to have some good tunes to keep me company
>>
>>1424526
>>1424507
ok now I feel awkward for not putting it in the OP.

He has some good rock music in there, I have checked it out.
>>
What music do you guys listen to while skating desu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv40kfUkg7Q
>>
stop with the 2 threads bullshit, we barely get any posts in 1 thread. use this thread
>>1423375
if there are 2 threads choose the one with no
>go erly go burly xDD
>never too fat to skate!! motivational spech!!
these threads are made by a retard who deletes the thread once it hits ~100 posts
>>
Watched lords of the dogtown today, really liked it but had never heard of those guys, and it seems th movie isn't that accurate.
I've seen small skateboards like those that the guys had in the begginin g of the movie in skate shops, are they nice to ride? Gf wants to start riding and doesnt care about tricks so I figured out i'd get one
>>
>>1424744
I think they're called banana boards. The one I tried rolled great and was fun as fuck to do manuals with
>>
>>1424744
>and it seems th movie isn't that accurate

in what way?
>>
>>1424778
the romance and drama or something, at least according to IMDB.
I need to see the original movie/documentary
>>
>>1424789
it's on youtube as well. Keep in mind Lords of Dogtown is storytelling, not a documentary, it's dramatised.
I thought you were going to say that there is no way they could have skated pools with banana boards, to which I 'd have said "that's what they did".
>>
>>1424789
>>1424813
Come and join me in this thread lads I think it's the real one 13 posters compared to 5 here

>>1423375
>>
>>1424708
>stop with the 2 threads bullshit

you made the 2nd one, everybody can check the time on the OPs.

>we barely get any posts in 1 thread

all threads finish after days, this isn't /b/.

>if there are 2 threads choose the one with no
>>go erly go burly xDD
>>never too fat to skate!! motivational spech!!

why that would make any difference is incomprehensible to me

>a retard who deletes the thread once it hits ~100 posts

you can't delete your OPs anymore.

I 'm only replying so people get fucking aware finally about the /wwe/ troll that tries to snake our flow.
>>
>>1424834

you may be right about that scene, but if I recall correctly, he dropped on the couch, he didn't ollie, unless you are referring to the scene when they all storm out of the Zephyr shop in the daylight.
And yes, it's true that the final session of the Z-boys took place in a pool specifically drained for them by the family of one of their young admirers who, as his dying wish, wanted to see them skate in his backyard pool.
>>
File: skatejaws.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
skatejaws.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
>>
File: skateorelse.jpg (9 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
skateorelse.jpg
9 KB, 320x320
no, it's Jaws!
>>
File: skateshetler.webm (367 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
skateshetler.webm
367 KB, 854x480
>tfw went skating after work to release tension
>tfw it was a blast
>tfw all my tricks mattered to me
>>
it's a shame that nobody posts in this thread
>>
File: tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg (423 KB, 812x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcmr93vpgB1qbfoleo1_1280.jpg
423 KB, 812x1080
C'MON FELLAS, PUSH WITH ME.

YOU ALL WANT SKATE 3 ON XBOX ONE, AND Y'ALL KNOW IT.

LET'S MAKE EA HEAR US ROAR!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Skate-Games/EA-SKATE-ON-XBOX-ONE/m-p/5421882#U5421882
>>
>tfw someone posts in the legitimate thread
>tfw it's the /v/ shill
>tfw I have no image
>>
brahs, I'm just back from skating. haven't been on the board since forever.
only got shit Converse shoes left and 1 hour of skating got me a blister... fuck....

can you recommend me good and cheap shoes for skating? Europe pls.

I'm already looking for shoes in the sticky, but maybe you also have something to say about it.
>>
File: interesting.jpg (8 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
8 KB, 236x176
>>1430666
>a blister

get any shoes with flat soles
>>
>>1430680
b-but converse are flat?!
>>
>>1430694
that's what I mean

you cna then enhance them with silicone or shoegoo
>>
>>1430611
Nigga, the only thing I'm shilling is a 6 year old game that isn't even re-released yet.
>>
>>1430751
I thought because you were talking about a video game that you were the person from /v/ always trying to talk about the new skate game or whatever and I call him out on this and he never denies his shilldom
>>
>>1424507
https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix
>>
>>1432002
yeeeee

>Jake Phelps introduces this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVPH3-BfRdg

>but he has said this

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/imagesV2/Burnout/2013/Magazine_1993/October_1993/TH1093Oct1993p4-5_800t.jpg
>>
>>1431928
you know what's a whole another ballgame?
360 flips to nose manuals/nose grinds down hubbas
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnfT18GFzmo

>the P is silent, hillbilly
>>
What does /esg/ think of Zumiez?
>>
>>1433237
chainstore

if you have a nice local skateshop near you however, you 'd be a fool not to shop from there
>>
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/07/01/two-dead-after-shooting-at-kensington-market-club.html

>Rip Justin bokma
>>
>>1434272
who was that?
>>
File: handshake.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
handshake.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>1434642
congrats bro
>>
>>1434272
>>1435334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnF0-QvW4E
>>
this thread is better
>>
File: shitpostan.jpg (77 KB, 931x728) Image search: [Google]
shitpostan.jpg
77 KB, 931x728
>>
copied from other thread cause yeah...
i need some serious fucking advice because i had a whiny ass rage moment after skating by myself today.
> be sperg lord me
> still just attempting to learn basics, cant even ollie stationary consistently
> 3 hours in a lot near my house practicing rolling off curbs and attemping to land ollie consistently stationary.
> not a SINGLE FUCKING LANDED OLLIE
> chimp out and toss board chipping nose

I know what my body is supposed to be doing and i can get a good pop but i just cant level the board out no matter how i approach it. it just kind of rocket pops and i land in a manual. I have been trying to learn just an ollie for about 6 months of consistent weeekend time ( about 8 hours each weekend skating and practicing)
what do
>>
Any tips for getting into longboarding? I want to get a good downhill setup
>>
>>1432058
oooooooh weeeeee that feeb to back tail is timeless
>>
>>1436314
smoke weed
seriously, why do think most skaters seems pretty chill? It also makes you worse at skateboarding, so if you can land an ollie while high, you can do an even better one while not-high.
>>
>>1436524
but did you look at what he had said, almost right about the time he mentions that he introduced Carrol to the SOTY?
>>
>>1436314
you take that rage, that nerve, and instead of lashing out you make the trick.

weed has nothing to do with it, learn to spot the troll.

and since he reminded me, you can bet some of Carrol's parts were filmed under the influence and I 'm not talking about weed either.
>>
>>1438856

women have their center of gravity lower than men

is anybody else nightsessioning now that it's summer?
>>
>>1439030
i like the nighttime, but i can't skate well. although there are lights at the local skatepark, things are slightly blurry, which makes skating feel weird
>>
File: Vatos x Locos.png (359 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
Vatos x Locos.png
359 KB, 500x313
>>1439139
last two times I went were stoking
I also pulled a switch shuv-it and a switch frontside 180 AXE ABOUT ME

here's a cult video for you to enjoy

http://skately.com/library/videos/la-county
>>
Late night practice, what do I practice today? Shuvits, ollies, or kickflips?
>>
File: Voltaire.png (239 KB, 415x396) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire.png
239 KB, 415x396
>>1439397
just push mongo
>>
>>1435993
beat it haole, this is our thread
>>
>>1436314
Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suCWLstn2JU
>and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIu_7Op1ux0
practice everyday and don't get too frustrated if you can't..Might be your flicking if its a rocket ollie.
>>
>>1438143
>>1432058
>>1436524
I dont see what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that Phelps was talking shit on Carroll in the magazine opener and then proceeded to give it to him SOTY a year later in 94?

Either way Jake gave his reasons. He knew him since he was a kid and emphasized Mike's style over tech. Sure he freaks out but I think Mike throwing his board back into the pond in his yeah right opener was hella funny.
>>
Hey guys,

I have been learning to skate for the past 2 years on and off and I recently wanted to really dedicate myself this summer. I already have a good setup but I need to change my wheels. I currently have Riley Hawk's Spitfires (53mm 99du). I can do ollies (and ollie up curves), frontside 180s, and (almost) pop shuvits.

The issue is that I still have difficulty just cruising around on my board. I live in the North so the roads are always filled with cracks and rocks in the summer. Should I continue skating harder wheels and buy F4s or STFs or should I buy some softer wheels (as the guide suggests). If so, what are some good softer wheels I should be looking out for. Are any bones/spitfires going to do the job?
>>
>>1445479
where in the north do you live? I am in NW Pa and i feel the pain on shitty street conditions. Late summer is the best time though because of all the new pavement and asphalt. Also i kind of got used to the rough ride of stfs. makes you hyper aware of the path in front of you once you take spills on to a patch of gravel.
>>
>>1445788
I am actually up in Canada ahaha. The roads are brutal from all the salt poured every winter (for the ice) and rarely do the roads in residential areas (where i skate) get patched. Only roads with heavy traffic towards downtown see fixes or very new areas (<5 years) have nice roads. I will look into getting some STFs!
>>
>>1439151
Why is the intro half the fucking video? Kappa
>>
>>1445858
Maybe because it's the intro to the movie? A minute long intro to a full-length skate vid isn't so long
>>
>>1445831
not sure if you are in the toronto area but if you are how are the parks and attitude toward skating in the city? My city just about made it illeagle outside of our shitty park and a few warehouses. Plan on visiting a friend from uni here in a week or two.
>>
>>1445479
I live out in the Swedish countryside and I skate the hardest spitfires, soft wheels wont really do that much of a difference if the roads are completely mongrel, I have a large cruiser with 70mm wheels for cruising.
>>
>>1445884
>>1445831
Montreal here. Skating scene is good. Nobody really cares unless youre an asshole, and girls love it.

Lot's of shitty concrete due to hot summer/cold winters and mob ties in construction. But I ride 54s and dont really have any real problems (except for old port, 100 year old cobblestone)
>>
>>1445884
I actually go to school in Toronto. I think Toronto and Montreal by far have the best skate scenes in Canada. Lots of expos and decent skate shops. Haven't really checked out parks since I am not that good yet ahaha. Since there are so many skaters, the city and firms (particularly in Downtown) put a lot of skate stoppers on ledges and railings and a lot of signs that say no skateboarding. I don't think the people actually have a negative outlook on skaters as long as they don't interfere with them.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.