[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i just watched the Ricochet vs Ospreay match. It's not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ovr.jpg (32 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
ovr.jpg
32 KB, 650x366
So i just watched the Ricochet vs Ospreay match.
It's not that bad. Only bad thing i would say is It should have been shorter, the nearfalls were annoying and the no sell in some parts but all in all it was a decent match
>>
I have seen tons more "egregious" flippy shit matches that people should have been a lot angrier about than this one.
I really don't understand why everyone lost their shit over this match, both praising it and shitting on it. I have seen probably 20 matches this year alone that were more flippy and nonsensical than this match.
Don't know why everyone on both sides of the fence lost their shit about this match. But hey, Vader wrangled himself a booking out of it, so good for him I guess.
>>
>>1463157
Probably because this was on a grander stage, and far-more accessible.
People can't shit on what they haven't seen.
Also, I just generally don't get why people hate on this.
If you don't like it, that's fine, but saying there's no place in wrestling for stuff like this is nonsensical. Wrestling is scripted, pre-determined, that's the beauty of it: you can do anything you want because it's not a quote unquote "REAL" sport. Whereas real sports are dominated by certain tactics or strategies, people find their niche and pound their opponents into the ground with them, wrestling is not. You can be wacky and ludicrous, use and abuse that to make as multi-faceted a field as possible that panders to any possible interest. And if one particular match isn't your thing? Watch something else, watch a different match, or a different wrestler. That's the beauty of it.
>>
>>1463172
yeah.
Like, the story of this match was the top 2 flippy dudes on Earth being put in a ring to determine who is the best, and then getting into an athletic pissing contest to try and outdo each other.
I really don't see how people don't get this incredibly simple story and go "oh too many flips, not a realistic fight, etc" Basically everything did made sense given the story they were presenting.
This entire match was basically one take John Woo fight sequence in real time, and it fucking ruled, and yes it had psychology and a story to it. And if anyone needs to have it bashed over your head and explained to you, you are just thick and don't get it go back to watching WWE and just kill yourself.
>>
>>1463134
The best part was the number of times Ospreay said 'MOTHERFUCKER'. Especially when he was kicked hard.

But yeah, it could have been 5-6 minutes shorter.
>>
>>1463134
This match was better than Nakamura vs Zayn and I'm not even trolling
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.