[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's body is ready for Fapover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: babymetal.jpg (150 KB, 864x820) Image search: [Google]
babymetal.jpg
150 KB, 864x820
who's body is ready for Fapover
>>
>>1327581
What the hell is babymetal?
>>
>>1327582

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY
>>
>>1327582
ADTR are faggy metalcore hipsters, or at least they were when I was in high school.
Never heard of the gooks, but either way it seems like they're going for some sort of bizarre counterculture thing with this new NXT
>>
>>1327587
Jesus Christ I didn't know Haitch was into this?!
Also fucking hell this band!
>>
>>1327594
hes been experimenting since his buddy died
>>
lmao babymetal is so random

adtr makes sense, theyre friends with numerous wrestlers and the one member dated paige
>>
File: thedaymememagicwasforreal.png (244 KB, 1340x694) Image search: [Google]
thedaymememagicwasforreal.png
244 KB, 1340x694
>>1327596
Who could ever forget that infamous day in 4chan history.
>>
honestly i wish i could get vinces reaction to baby metal
>>
>>1327587
I have no idea what to make of this.
>>
>>1327599
im new fag, what is this?
>>
>>1327618
Lurk more.
>>
So metalcore is officially the new butt rock, seems fitting
>>
>>1327625

> metalcore
> the new butt rock

It has been for years. metalcore and deathcore bands are wanna be heavy/death metal bands.

Rollins into that shit.

They could get Ghost, for example, that has became popular and put it on. Paul prefers to throw money to Bieber japanese girls of "Metal" and some kids that nobody knows about it.
>>
>>1327635

ADTR are extremely well known, as far as metalcore bands go. There wouldn't be more than a dozen metal bands with more mainstream popularity.
>>
>>1327620
i can lurk your mom with my dick up her bleached asshole
>>
>>1327581
For a second I thought they meant At the drive in and I got hype as fuck.
>>
>>1327635
>It has been for years.
its been big for years but being part of wrestling kinda makes it more butt rock. And how long before Rollins starts a lame band like Jericho?
>>
>>1327638
Necrophilia is a crime anon.
>>
>>1327581
They're not going to be there you dumbass.
>>
>>1327663
not true.
>>
>>1327663
It's not rape if they're dead
>>
Wasn't Paige fucking a dude from ADTR?
>>
>>1327618

Feel free to correct me but Lemmy was said to be in bad shape, but that one anon's post was exactly what you see on the bottom.

And then he died.
>>
>>1327653

Jericho thinks he is the Bon Jovi of wrestling with his "metal" band.

I can see it about Rollins. Even more with his kind of voice.

>>1327637

Well known where? America? I never heard about them. Maybe that's why I'm european and I couldn't give two fucks about metalcore/deathcore bands.
>>
>>1327758

Pretty much everywhere.

They're not Black Sabbath level known anywhere, but they're kind of band that gets first or second row billing on festivals or big tours
>>
>>1327583

Imagine a japanese idol group group doing the vocals for a metal band.
>>
"Karate" will be used probably for an Asuka's promo
>>
>>1327607

That's everyone's first reaction to Babymetal.
>>
>>1327758

ADTR aren't even metalcore.
>>
>>1327789

> Resurrection Fest

Back in 2006 it was more into core bands. Nowadays pretty much everything from core, thrash, heavy, death and black metal.

Almost 10 years and no ADTR.

> Wacken Open Air

It is one of the most well known heavy metal festivals of Europe. If not the Wrestlemania of Metal fests.

The first 45,000 tickets to Wacken Open Air 2016 were sold within two hours after the pre-sale started. So figure it out how big this is.

Once more, in 25 years, no ADTR.

> Download Festival / Hellfest

ADTR did participate more than couple times at Download than Hellfest. Even so, they only did get second and third stages. Not even main eventers.

No wonder why I never heard of them and did need to google them. Also, the band doesn't need to be Black Sabbath-ish tier. Ghost ain't it and they are more popular than ADTR and way better in music quality.
>>
>>1327842

>ADTR
>NOT METALCORE

It's like saying Katatonia ain't Doom/Death Metal just because now they play a more Depressive Rock/Metal sound.
>>
>>1327758
I like Fozzy. What's wrong with them?
>>
>>1327966

Did I say there's anything wrong with people like Fozzy?
>>
>>1327978
Well, no.
Still, it's obvious you don't like them.
>>
>>1327987

Yes. I want Jericho to die so the ban can move on and split or get a better singer.

I couldn't care about them. It's not my kind of music. It's like saying I dislike Katy Perry because I do not fancy her singing.
>>
>>1327836
Literally this. How could these other bastards not see the obvious?

>>1327607
>>1327839
From the short clip I heard on tonight's NXT, it sounds like jap girls doing symphonic metal.
>>
>>1327587
>tfw you were in high school and you had the brilliant idea of mixing Disney teeny pop vocals with death metal instrumentation but all your friends thought your idea was dumb. We could have made one million dollars you visionless faggots.
>>
>>1328002
Babbymetal is a really weird thing for metalfags. In the most technical sense the music is actual metal, not like the nu metal fad from the 90s or the questionable metalcore shit from today. But the group itself was conceived in a way similar to boybands where the three random girls were slapped together by a record company and marketed with a certain image in mind just like how the 90s boybands were conceived. Plus the girls are the only ones ever marketed as being part of the group, with the actual backing band just being replaceable faceless nobodies.
>>
>>1327581
WWE is so out of touch with current mainstream.
>>
>>1328020
Most metal is just as commercial as other genres.
It's just marketed towards a different audience. An audience that thinks of themselves as rebels (or whatever bullshit metalheads believe) because they give money to Nuclear Blast instead of Universal Music Group.
>>
>>1328002

they're right here you stupid idiot

>>1327587
>>
>>1328028

>first japan artist to break the top 40 in bilboards in over 50 years
>first american release album just came out
>touring america
>xavier woods just went to their concert like a few weeks ago
>out of touch

also su-metal is into NJPW, shes got vids where she talks about a recent event on YT
>>
>>1328076
Have a drink of milk and go to bed Jericho, not everyone is a stupid idiot. I gave an appraisal of a 10 second clip, I didn't ask for your shitty link to your favourite band.
>>
Franky frank and the funky bunch's exposure on TO:dallas was cool, I was hyped when I saw they were on there
>>
>>1327635
>"Metal"

The band backing them up is seriously the best composition of metal artists right now, the quotes aren't necessary.
>>
>>1328028
Baby Metal is literally the hottest thing right now in music, they're printing money, plus you want a slice of that sweet sweet Japanese crowd-pie to watch WWE, they just launched the Network there and with Shinsgay and Aska (maybe Kenta?) on the card this is the most in touch WWE has ever been.
>>
File: SWAG.png (157 KB, 1341x357) Image search: [Google]
SWAG.png
157 KB, 1341x357
>>1327599
>>
@BABYMETAL_JAPAN stole Nolan's poster art!
>>
>>1327964

ADTR is easycore/popcore, whatever you want to call it. Basically, pop punk gone 'core. You might as well call Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Set Your Goals, or Four Year Strong metalcore.
>>
>>1328046

It can be just as commercial, but it's not the norm in metal for a record label to slap together five guys who probably never met and manufacture a music act from the ground up.

This is not meant the pass judgement on groups that are manufactured by a major label. I listen to metal, but I also listen to a lot of old Motown shit as well, and Motown might as well of been a factory with an assembly line designed to churn out pop hits.
>>
im pretty confused right now, ive heard of babymetal before but i always thought it was just a gimmick that would dissapear but now I cant stop listening to them like wtf?! I listened to Karate that was announced by Triple H but now Im listening to all their songs. Fuck you Hunter
>>
>>1328870

This. This is a brilliant attempt at pandering to a newly opened market.
>>
>>1328004

Lady Gaga vs. Meshuggah - Bleedarazzi

https://soundcloud.com/pallomember/bleedarazzi
>>
>>1328002

Some of their music is like that. Then they have shit like this.

https://youtu.be/qVdBBOpSoN4

An electronic rhythm that sounds like something on those Super Eurobeat compilations, but with metal guitars and pop lead vocals and death growl backing vocals, then it it goes into a crunk breakdown followed by a metal breakdown with death vocals, then it goes full on happy hardcore then back to the Eurobeat/metal fusion stuff from the beginning.

Its like the sound of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.
>>
The fuck is this shit. I don't want this faggot music on muh wrestling.
>>
File: 1458351255110.jpg (28 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1458351255110.jpg
28 KB, 500x555
>>1327581
>Hunter is into babymetal
>>
>>1327581
>babymetal
Now it's clear their audience is full of gook lusting neckbeards
>>
>>1331738
>Gook
They're Japanese not Korean
>>
>>1331745
They're all the same to me dammit
>>
>>1331738
>>1331745
>>1331750

Gook, nip, and chink are synonyms because they all look the same.
>>
Babymetal kind of makes sense seeing as they have 2 big Jap stars in prominent matches. Also NXT tour is going to Download where Babymetal are performing (I assume trips will make an appearance at the Lemmy tribute too).

ADTR are nice and generic to go with generic face of the brand Finn Balor
>>
>>1327958
ADTR is more of a pop punk band. They were pretty big for awhile, even played on MTV. Now they're just kind of stagnant. They're second to Blink 182 on their new album tour though so that's cool, but yeah they wouldn't be at a heavy metal festival.
>>
>>1327729
She was engaged to the lead guitarist
>>
File: 1464377000164.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1464377000164.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>1327581
>Hey, guys. I'm hip, and dig this funky new babymetal thing that's got a lot of hits on the world wide web.

Haitch is an actual metalhead for Christ's sake
>>
>>1333429
>Metallica
>Motorhead
That's very casual as far as metalheads go. I know people that are not into metal but praise Master Of Puppets as the best things they ever listened to.
>>
>>1327581
>who's
*whose
>>
>>1333496
To be fair there is a reason; they are damn good albums, even if they are fairly "introductory" within the genre.
>>
>>1333496

Ride The Lightning is a better album than Master Of Puppets. IMO. Just saying.
>>
>>1328870
Those poor "innocent" nips. They bit the WWE's bait and now they'll be fed with shit along with the rest of the world. Genius in a business sense.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.