[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck would he leave NJPW where he was literally king?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: Shinsgay Nakedmeme.jpg (99 KB, 549x275) Image search: [Google]
Shinsgay Nakedmeme.jpg
99 KB, 549x275
Why the fuck would he leave NJPW where he was literally king? Will he be able to adapt to the Promo/Drama based style of WWE?
>>
>>1323928

$1,000,000 a year probably convinced him.
>>
>>1323933
This.

Same as Styles, Nakamura is heading towards the twilight of his career and he probably wants to make as much money as possible before he retires.
>>
>>1323936
>>1323933
Yep. The WWE gets to try to appeal to the smarks and pretend like they're taking steps in the right direction despite not knowing how to use these guys and they get to basically ride off into the sunset and get free exposure, money from their salary and merch and free ride into the hall of fame.
>>
>>1323928
>>1323933
>>1323936
Also, you have to consider the value of tapping into an entirely new market in your final years.
He's attempting to, in his career's dying breath, segue his popularity with one group of fans, onto the broad spectrum of WWE fans.
>>
>>1323945
I would say that they've used AJ just fine so far. He's put on great programs with Y2J, carried Roman to a great feud and had an awesome match witb KO on Monday. Besides putting the belt on AJ they have put his talents fully on display.
>>
File: pile-of-money.png (254 KB, 591x304) Image search: [Google]
pile-of-money.png
254 KB, 591x304
>>1323928
>pic related
>>
>>1323956
>Used AJ fine
>Lost his first WM match to an old man
>Lost to Roman twice
>Lost to KO clean
>Is never going to get a belt
Yeah, okay
>>
Shinsuke's first program on the main roster:
>Hoaaah, chingchang bingbong. Roman Lanes think America better than Japan? Japan better than America! At [PPV this Sunday] me show how good is Japan, and how bad America. Roman Lanes can't beat King of Strong Styuru.
>loses clean to one (1) spear after Roman kicks out of 15 Ballgame knees
>feuds with Zayn on Superstars until he's released
>>
>>1323933
this.

The real question is why do smarks still think their indy darling is going to become wwe champion?
>>
File: ameriballdestroy.jpg (103 KB, 1258x620) Image search: [Google]
ameriballdestroy.jpg
103 KB, 1258x620
>>1324180
AMERICA WINS!
>>
>>1324169
Oh so you're one of those. AJ was in the WWE WHC picture within in months of his Rumble debut and has managed to look like one of the top guys despite putting people over. Everyone AJ beats looks strong in defeat. Everyone that beats AJ looks like a god in doing so. AJ still looks like one of the top guys through it all. Everyone looks better around AJ and they're using him right. They should use him to get Bray looking like a threat.
>>
File: CfUiFH8WAAEMRzk.webm (381 KB, 364x200) Image search: [Google]
CfUiFH8WAAEMRzk.webm
381 KB, 364x200
japanese commercials were too much work
>>
>>1324180
>Roman Lanes
Is this the foreshadowing of an ebin meme of tomorrow?
>>
>>1324244
Asian people have trouble enunciating the R sound.
>>
>>1324244
Accents.
>>
>>1324251
>>1324257
Thanks for clearing up my confusion, friends XD
>>
>>1323951
>careers dying breath
He will still be wrestling next decade
>>
>>1324263
kys
>>1324180
>half assing the accent meme
kys
>>
He will adapt to wwe, but wwe won't give a shit about it
>>
>>1324279
Continue to erect your projection, Carter; you comical cunt
>>
He is already a top merch seller, and is in nxt only to get his promos to an acceptable level.

Every publicly traded company wants to expand into the far east. Giving the nip a decent title run (like they did with Mysterio & ADR for the latin market) will achieve this.

He has literally had matches with Kurt Angle and Brock Lesner, he can work with WHC tier wrestlers.
>>
>>1324291
>every post but mine is the same person
>>>/x/
Back to where you came from with your tinfoil hat you dumb faggot
>>
>>1324320
His Lesnar match was shit though
>>
>>1324338
Au contraire, mon frere
>notates niggest rumination
>not Carter, natch

You realise you're held in even lower esteem oti than irl?
>rhetorical question
>Le Bicycle Thief will reply nonetheless
>>
>>1324348
Cancer
>>
File: 1458588582925.gif (1 MB, 200x106) Image search: [Google]
1458588582925.gif
1 MB, 200x106
>>1324348
>Au contraire, mon frere
>>
>>1324353
You certainly are with your compulsion to constantly comeback, Carter
>>
>>1324361
I respect you also, nigglet. ;^)
>>
>>1324231
You're not wrong and they've actually done a decent job protecting him (Usos/Club fucking up what otherwise would've been a mostly clean win last for him night, protecting him from losing to KO by repeatedly mentioning how much damage he took at Extreme Rules), but fuck, I hope they just give him a belt before he retires.
>>
>>1324390
>Mr TNA ever getting a belt from Vince McMahon
You remember Booker T at WM19? Or Sting at WM31? Outsiders don't do well in WWE
>>
>>1324410
You remember how Bookter T won a bunch of championships? And how Sting literally had 2 matches? Yeah you're a retard
>>
>>1324390

Honestly, I'd rather see him elevate the IC before he gets a WWEWHC run. Make the IC a workers belt, and a stepping stone to the WHC again.

You have to admit, he would be a perfect guy to make the midcard belt matter again.
>>
>>1323928
>where he was literally king

He was clearly third fiddle to Okada and Tanahashi and that was probably a part of why he decided to leave.
>>
>>1324421
Will people ever stop saying this shit? No one can or will 'elevate' any belts
>>
>>1324418
John Cena looks like he's going to have a firm grasp on the US title when he gets back, he finally made the belt mean something and Vince will probably want to start the open challenge again, and the Intercontinental space is already crowded. So all that leaves is the tag team belts, which Enzo/Cass and New Day will probably be holding for a while.
>>
>>1324429
>us title
>mattering at all the moment cena dropped it to del rio
top kek
>>
>>1324421
You're definitely not wrong, but I don't know if the IC division even needs his help, it's the best thing about WWE right now.

But adding AJ to it would only make things better, I agree.
>>
>>1324432
Which is why he'll get the belt back, It meant nothing when Cena got it before
>>
>>1324427
He must be pretty stupid if he thinks he will get far here. He sells a lot of merch but I doubt that will mean much when people realize he can't cut promos.
>>
>>1324440
If cutting shit promos could stop a push Roman would never have beaten Sheamus.
>>
>>1324436
And it meant nothing as soon as he lost it, it's not the belt that matters and never has been, it's the champion.
>>
>>1324442
Vince has a hard on for Roman, not everybody gets that treatment. He's also a foreigner and doesn't have the look that Vince likes, so he's got a lot going against him. I expect a 2-3 Intercontinental championship winner as well as a comedy gimmick.
>>
>>1324443
BMJ just needs more time to work with it, as well as good people to follow him up. Giving the belt to Del Rio and Kalisto was an awful mistake, if anything AJ should probably get it after him.
>>
>>1324181
Wouldn't you want your favorite superstar to win the "most" prestigious title in sports entertainment?

Mild shitposting aside, everybody, especially smarks should know that you can never depend on the WWE to deliver. They go by what Vince wants, and what Vince wants is Hogan-esque wrestlers winning the gold. The small are weak, and the big are strong. Vince is a Social Darwinist in other words.
>>
>>1324440
>but I doubt that will mean much when people realize he can't cut promos.

He is literally a better promo than "THE GUY"
>>
File: 1461382659237.jpg (61 KB, 608x684) Image search: [Google]
1461382659237.jpg
61 KB, 608x684
>>1324169
You don't know Vince's plan? He wants to bring in the best of the best so hecould feed them to Ramen.
>>
>>1324598
Juventud Guerrera isn't looking too hot these days
>>
>>1324598
>''only fatasses manlet smarks dislike Ramenìì
>posts a pic with a Ramen fan
>literally a fat slob

good lord FedoRamen
>>
>>1323928
Because he can get international exposure. Because he has friends in the US. Because he can go back to Japan a bigger star, make more demands and more money. Because new challenges.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.