[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled what is the official /asp/ con
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: lucha-underground.webm (251 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
lucha-underground.webm
251 KB, 600x338
Now that the dust has settled what is the official /asp/ consensus on Lucha Underground compared to the other wrestling promotions?

My bro showed me the casket match which was pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icvizxc3UB0
>>
shit
>>
File: pentagon.gif (2 MB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
pentagon.gif
2 MB, 500x238
It's fun. Downloaded season 1 not long ago, not even halfway through it but every single episode managed to get me engaged in it one way or another. Besides the amount of high flying is fucking insane, every guy has something interesting about him basically, also a really good amount of talent there.

I rate it a solid 9/10 currently, as of episode 12 that I watched today.
>>
>>1286479
The only program that can make backstage nunchaku fights involving dragons, luchador biker thugs attacking members of the roster out in public, and a wrestler being an alien spawn of Doctor Who and Iron Man all not only make complete sense, but be more entertaining than the Marvel and DC television shows. It has created it's own B-Rated acting 80's action movies and Mortal Kombat Lucha Libre universe and it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen as a whole.

And Ivelisse got a nice ass.
>>
>>1286479
that jiggle

Post more of this qt please. Are all the divas on that show spics though?
>>
>>1286479
Omg it's fucking awesome
>>
>>1286522
>divas
>>
File: catrina1.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
catrina1.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
Only wrestling show worth watching imo
>>
>>1286516
gets even better man.
>>1286520
entirely this
>>
>>1286520
I just downloaded it and am about 30 episodes into season 1. I was skeptical as fuck at first and that the televion-like produced segments would take me out of it.

It didn't take long before I was actually looking forward the show ending with a high production cliffhanger to next weeks episodes.

Also, the choreographed fist fights that they use to introduce new wrestlers are great. Del Rio/El Patrons was pure fucking gold.
>>
>>1286479
LU is basically one long reprimand to the wwe.

they took vince's own cast-off workers, and made pure gold out of them with only an hour weekly.

living proof that the wwe squanders their unique opportunities
>>
I just watch it because I'm a Cuerno mark, that magnificent fucking suicide dive makes my dick tremble
>>
>>1286479

Modern day ECW. Best thing in wrestling and will probably die because it can't figure out a way to make money even though pretty much every wrestling fan who sees it is falling over themselves to pay them money.

Where is my fucking Cero Miedo shirt?
>>
>>1286479
go to /wooo/

they have a new meme underground wrestling thread every few hours
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
>>1286479

LU is pretty awesome. I'm not a regular watcher but I've watched a couple of their marathons on El Rey (fucking awesome)

I like LU immensely. They have some of the best matches I've ever seen. The creativity in that organization is the best in the game right now. A lot of the matches have such original stuff I've never seen before. The in-ring work is insane.

That organization also has the power only WWE and New Japan have in being able to make guys into stars. After season one Pentagon Jr. is one of my favorite wrestlers out there and I'd argue is one of the most savage heels. Pentagon Jr. was a midcarder in AAA but LU has turned him into one of the biggest non-WWE names out there.

The Prince Puma/Johnny Mundo matches are insane. Johnny Mundo is one of the most talented wrestlers I've ever seen. I absolutely love the in-ring work of the promotion.

With that said, it's a little goofy for me. I love the heel owner of the company but all the black magic and fantasy stuff kind of puts me off. I dig that it's trying to be different, it just isn't for me. Not a regular watcher but I like and respect it.
>>
Flippy garbage and no selling, although they and their fans do admit that it's a show about wrestling, rather than actual wrestling. So at least they're honest.
>>
>>1287133
It's a TV show not a wrestling promotion. The network gives them a budget and that's it. The people that run the show don't give a fuck about money, that's someone else's job. The fact that it even exists should be enough to tell you that
>>
>>1287133
They are making good money. LU is owned by the same guy as AAA in Mexico. You would say I was lying if I told how much money he makes.
>>
>>1287754
How much money does he make?
>>
>>1287754
Actually AAA doesn't have an especific owner, since the passing of the owner and founder, the wife and the two kids were left with equal parts of the company, so they are all the owners of AAA, that's why they usually change a lot of feuds out of nowhere, the older son is the one pushing for LU and the lucha world cup, if his mother dies I'm pretty sure he will have a mayor share of the company and we may have some good AAA stuff
>>
>>1287747
> no selling
> OP is a Fenix webm

I can't even imagine how much head trauma you need to be this stupid.
>>
>>1286479
I hear Meltzer and Alvarez talking about shit like 187 year old witch gimmicks and a woman winning the world title and it just sounds like the most awful shit in the world.
Haven't actually watched it since the first episode though, which wasn't anything special.
>>
>>1287827
> listening to Alvarez
>>
>>1287830
I only listen for Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez is the worst part of any show he's on.
I'd much prefer Mike Sempervive than that little faggot.
>>
>>1286520
That sounds like dogshit
I bet you're the sort of person who loved Kung Fury
>>
>>1287839
> he doesn't want to see nunchaku dragon fights and luchador biker thugs

Holy shit /wwe/ babby pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 414x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 414x356
>>1286515
Go to bed Corny.

>>1287047
Diamonds. For a fucking SUICIDE DIVE.

>>1287711
hurr hurr look mum i called it "meme underground" again

>>1287747
Some of the selling is atrocious, (see Taya, who comes back from a Brian Cage beating like nothing happened) but I honestly think alot of that is due to the editong room. They slice matches and ditch the low points. The more you watch, the more you'll see people that were on the floor that are suddenly in the ring or on the top rope a hell of a lot faster than they should be with respect to selling or even what would be conventionally possible. They sacrifice selling for the sake of excitement, but it's a weakness I'm willing to look past.

>>1287827
The show is pulpy fun. It's Mortal Kombat mixed with Wrestling and Dusk Til Dawn. The first 5 or so eps were ass-pulls because Luchadors got held at the border so they had to do major rewrites on the fly. After that it gets a heck of a lot smooth and it's all up from there.
>>
>>1287847
I mean, it's funny how it actually works in LU.

I suppose it's because of the kayfabe aspect. You don't see Striker/Vamp constantly shilling Lucha Underground network for just 9.99 peso, or telling people to follow them on twitter and facebook every 10 minutes. It makes you feel like it's actually kayfabe hard wrestling show and it is just that.

That's why I love it 2bh
>>
>>1287847
>babby
Bit ironic, all the shit you've said so far sounds like shit two kids would make up on the playground. I think you might actually be that age too, considering COOL DRAGONS AND NUNCHUCKS gets you off or whatever.
>>
>flippy shit

how about no
>>
File: spooky.jpg (63 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
63 KB, 630x420
>>1287852
Yeah, 'cause the WWE never does anything with a supernatural bent?
>>
>>1287856
Problem is current WWE fucking ruins the believability of any supernatural gimmicks quickly. LU doesn't, that's why it's great
>>
0/10 not in english
>>
>>1287851

It works because, kind of like how it is criticised, its not entirely a wrestling show. Its filmed and pushed more as a tv serial that happens to be about wrestling than a traditional wrestling TV show. Kind of like the difference between watching a worked MMA match and an episode of Kung Fu.
>>
The amount of LU shills in this thread is offensive.
>>
>>1287863
Go away Cornette
>>
>>1287863
you should see /wooo/
>>
Probably one of the best promotions around currently.
>>
>>1287856
Literally why I love it. I miss dumb supernatural shit in wrestling.

You ever wonder if they call it Reality Era because just like reality, everything is slower and ultimately less satisfying than your expectations?
>>
>>1287856
Not to the ridiculous extent that LU does, and supernatural gimmicks are fucking retarded anyways.
It's supposed to be a fake SPORT
>>
>>1287962
GO BACK TO RING OF HONOR
>>
I'm on episode 32 of season 1 and I have a spoilery question, I guess.
When the fuck did Johnny Mundo turn heel? He was loved up until he put El Patron through the window, but Patron seemed a little heelish at the moment. Though Texano was definitely heel and suddenly he seemed to be loved during the last episode.

I guess it doesn't really matter, it just feels like I missed something. I was just curious because LU seems to play it more clear heel/face as opposed to THEY LOVE TO BOO HIM MAGGLE wwe faces.
>>
>>1287962
The only thing that really got me was the murder/killing off of a character. It didn't offend me or anything, it was just so fucking weird. I'm totally used to supernatural gimmicks, but a scripted death was fucking bizarre.
>>
>>1288125

LU is a bit odd in that respect. They're not going to bullshit the fan reaction the way WWE does, but they're also not afraid to throw out heel/heel or face/face matchups without a turn and see who the fans side with (see: the entire Dario/Catrina feud by proxy in season 2).
>>
>>1288131
I'm actually watching this now and right as you posted this Alberto made his return during the Mundo/Puma match and the crowd went fucking nuts.

I sort of realized at that moment that they just kind of go with the crowd, which is actually refreshing and something I almost remember WWE doing a decade or so ago.
>>
>>1288139

They go with the crowd, but they're also not too worried about consistency (and, depending on the episode, you can get a lot of commentary putting over the crowd as not caring too much about the traditional face/heel divide and being more interested in violence and their personal favourites). The result tends to be that roles can shift a bit depending on who is in the ring - to pick a season two example because I just finished catching up, Mil is totally a heel to the crowd and gets booed pretty much constantly... except when he's in the ring with Matanza where the crowd seems to have firmly decided which monster they're behind. Soon as he's got a match with Fenix or Pentagon or whoever, right back to being booed out of the building.
>>
>>1288125
>When the fuck did Johnny Mundo turn heel?
>He was loved up until he put El Patron through the window,

I think you answered your own question.

>>1288126
Hasn't the WWE killed off Paul Bearer at least twice?
>>
>>1288174
El Patron was coming off as heel when he did it though. He was treating Mundo like a basic bitch and the window spot felt more like he wasn't taking his shit as opposed to heel tactics. I guess its just a matter of perspective, but it never felt overly heelish to me.

And as for Paul Bearer. They've kind of done that before. Also with the buried alive matches they have on occasion implied they were dead but its not quite the same. Its not like having a monster bash a guys head into a cell door while his blood splatters on the faces of the guys holding him. From what I understand season 2 features sacrifices and hearts being ripped out.

The closest WWE has come to death the way LU plays it was when Vince's limo exploded, but [REDACTED] made sure we never got to see how that played out.
>>
>>1288199
> defenestrating somebody isn't heelish

You frighten me.

And this was during a run-in where Mundo handed the match over to a shithead like Hernandez to boot.

How are you not getting this?
>>
>>1288205
At the very fucking least they were both heels. Del Rio was an obvious face every moment he was on the screen, as was Mundo. Mundo was arguably up there with Puma as THE guy. Then all the sudden Rio was like "hey whats up bitch, remember how much better than you I was in WWE" every chance he could get.

Its not so much not getting that yeah, okay, that was pretty heelish. Its just that it wasn't like Alberto was exactly a hero. The whole dynamic just seemed weird at the time. Blame WWE I guess. Maybe they've made me psychology deaf. Look at Rusev. WHen he opens his mouth he's an obvious heel, but his entire run as been 90% honorable while the faces have resorted to constant heel tactics, especially the Ziggler fued.
>>
>>1288205
>Hernandez
I'm glad he's fucking gone, why couldn't they get Homicide instead?
>>
File: SEXY FUCKING STAR.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SEXY FUCKING STAR.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
>>1286479
entertaining as FUCK
everyone gets over cos the show actually gets people interested in what the fuck happens

if you don't mind spotfests, it's a 10/10

if you do, it's still a 9/10
>>
Everything from the fact that it is on El Rey network, to the announcers not knowing what goes on in the back, to mostly every guy on the roster having something going on, i love it.

the presentation is great, the talent is astounding, and the storylines have been interesting from the start.

like, if you are a wrestling fan, and havent watched this show yet because some dumb memes youve heard, you dont even deserve to watch this.

>>1288276
they might, they teased a new guy in the last episode.
>>
>>1288256
> they were both heels

State of your delusion m8
>>
guys do you realize Johnny Mundo aka JOHN FUCKING MORRISON AKA JOHNNY NITRO IS THE CHAMP IN LUCHA UNDERGROUND RIGHT NOW?
>>
>>1288356
is that the guy that got his face fucked up by a ladder in the last wrestlemania i watched?
>>
>>1288356
Thanks for the spoilers bro
>>
File: ive.jpg (114 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
ive.jpg
114 KB, 1080x1350
>not posting best grill
>>
>>1287752
USA gives WWE money to cover productions costs, so what the fuck are you talking about budgets for.
>>
>>1287765
is his wife or daughter the one that is shown on camera with the blond hair at the AAA events
>>
>>1288359
Nah his tag partner did. He's now part of j and j security
>>
>>1286479
>thinking that the dust has settled

>>1288347
announcers not knowing what is going on backstage is great

>>1289280
Based firecrotch
>>
>>1288125
I like johnny mundo. Pisses me off when they booo him.
>>
>>1287839
I don't even know what that is. I don't watch kung fu movies.
>>
>>1289953
I haven't been too into his heel run so far.
Plays more of a coward than someone taking advantage of the situation.
Surprised it's gone on so long, I remember thinking they'd make him face when he was going to team up with Puma again.
>>
>>1287962
No it isn't. It's supposed to be a performance. The fake sport argument is against wrestling, not for it. It isn't a fake sport, because it's a play, an opera, a performance.
>>
File: aaaowners.jpg (177 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
aaaowners.jpg
177 KB, 600x400
>>1289319
there is no daughter only the sister, the brother in law and their son.
Like the other poster said, the son is the one that has his eyes on the future, the brother in law wants to keep it the same and the sister of the owner just wants it to continue so basically it sounds like once she dies the younger one will have full control of the company.
Apparently before he died he brought in the brother in law and his son to teach them the business.
SO they made the young one, dorian, in charge of international stuff while the sister and the brother in law are more in charge of the mexico operation.
>>
>>1289280
> Ivelisse will never do anything lewd

fuck
>>
>>1288346
That match was fucking sick
>>
>>1291608
link?
>>
>>1292409
It's on El Rey's YouTube channel
>>
>Women win the world title

Lel cucks.
>>
What did you guys think of Hossfest 2: Graver Consequences edition?
>>
>>1292678
>for one day
>buzzword
please unironically die in your sleep
>>
just finished these 4 days worth of tapings for season 3, no spoilers from me, i'll post some tagged results on /wooo/ later since you can't spoiler here.

My complaint is from their upper card, Sexy Star and Texano have not convinced me that they're worth to keep that strong, like Sexy Star's only great match was a gimmick match and you can't do that all the time. Texano had a good showing with that one dude with the stiffness but I just haven't seen anything great from him, he's not even strong.
>>
>>1292678
>black president
lel wiggers
>>
>>1294495
Texano is fucking great, plus he's the AAA Mega Champion now.
>>
>>1294601

>Americans watch a wrestling promotion where women can win the world title
>AND they have a black president
>AND THEY are about to elect a woman

Will Hillary also win the world title?
>>
>>1292971
My nigga

>>1294495
Is stiffness Daga, the striking mex?
>>
>>1286479
>the other wrestling promotions?

That's it's not a wrestling promotion.
It's a TV Show.
I'm not saying that hatefully or to besmirch it, either. But it is what it is.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.