[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh Flair >Muh Hogan >Muh Savage >Muh Sting >Muh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: Taker.jpg (48 KB, 607x768) Image search: [Google]
Taker.jpg
48 KB, 607x768
>Muh Flair
>Muh Hogan
>Muh Savage
>Muh Sting
>Muh Michaels
>Muh Austin
>Muh Rock
Step aside, one true undisputed GOAT coming through.
>>
File: 1462720406628.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1462720406628.gif
2 MB, 200x150
Austin was better in the ring
Austin was better on the mic
Austin was a bigger draw
Austin had a better gimmick
>>
>>1413902
>Austin was better in the ring
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Austin was better on the mic
Dumb redneck bullshit isn't mic skills, m8.
>Austin was a bigger draw
If we're talking over their entire careers, Taker shits on Austing.
>Austin had a better gimmick
Taker managed to take a Hogan era gimmick that was weird even for that period and run with it for 20+ years and the fans still universally love him. Austin got lucky that 'muricans love rednecks.
>>
>>1413908
Not him, and your bait is shit, but as a genuine talking point, I think Austin is under-rated as fuck in-ring.
Physically limited as he was, he put on awesome match after awesome match. He held his own based on a legitimately renovated skill-set post-injury.
>>
>>1413902
>>1413919

Not that guy but Taker post American badass was a fucking god in the ring for his size
>>
>>1413921
I wouldn't say "God", but he was great for the same reasons as Austin.
He wasn't some technical Jesus, or able to do feats of inspiring athleticism (one top rope dive that always looked fucked up doesn't count), but he knew that fans were invested in his character, and told an awesome story with it.
>>
>>1413902
>Austin was better in the ring
Yes he was, until he got his shit legitimately fucked up.
>Austin was better on the mic
Agree, but the great thing about Taker is that he didn't need to say a fucking word, and in fact was often done at a detriment.
>Austin was a bigger draw
Austin was a definite A+ guy, but dude, just look at the fucking roster back then. Every one of those motherfuckers could carry a PPV.
>Austin had a better gimmick
Undertaker is the best gimmick there ever was and ever will be. How in the hell do you take Zombie Wizard Who Wrestles and manage to even make that a THING, let alone a long-standing character trait that people still love to this day?
>>
File: black-goku.jpg (142 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
black-goku.jpg
142 KB, 780x439
>>1413927
>>1413919
>>1413902
>Austin better or even on par with Taker in the Ring

Ebin
>>
>>1413902
HHH is better than both Taker and Austin on the mic
>>
>>1413902
true
>>
File: samoa-joe-face.jpg (28 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
samoa-joe-face.jpg
28 KB, 512x384
>>
>>1413919
>bait
Fucking Austinfags.
>>
>>1413922
>or able to do feats of inspiring athleticism
>what is old school
>>
>>1413927
>Undertaker is the best gimmick there ever was and ever will be
Fucking this.
>>
>>1413927
>Undertaker is the best gimmick there ever was and ever will be.

Austin's gimmick became the biggest draw ever.
Can't argue it. Just because Taker was a gimmickbabby unlike Austin doesn't mean his gimmick was better.
>>
>>1413985
Nope, that would be Hogan. Austin only had 4 years on the top, because his gimmick was getting stale and he was super fucked up. Taker has been a top draw for 20+ years. Fuck, until recently he was basically selling Wrestlemania on his own.
>>
>>1413889
> muh taker was ever good meme
I fucking hate you /asp/ teenage pajeets so fucking much
>>
>>1414003
Austin was a bigger draw than Hogan.

Vince has said this numerous times.
>>
>>1414014
Yea, because he's butthurt. Vince is a piece of shit, don't take anything he says at face value.
>>
>>1414014
Hogan made the business
Austin just saved it temporarily
>>
>>1414007
The only teenage pajeet here is the faggot who thinks he's edgy and contrarian if he hates on an established legends that is universally loved and respected by fans and literally everyone in the business.
>>
>>1413939
Read as: I was too young to see Austin before his neck injury.
>>
>>1414003
Austin was the biggest draw for the time he was on-top. This has been cited by numerous legitimate sources.

>Fuck, until recently he was basically selling Wrestlemania on his own.

lel, no.
Cena/Rock were the fixtures of 28/29, DBry was 30, Taker was a non-entity on 31.
The only thing you could argue was 32.
>>
>>1414037
>Austin was the biggest draw for the time he was on-top
Because he was riding on Hogan coattails. Hogan basically built that company from the ground up, Taker and Shawn helped it survive it's worst period and fortified it, and then Austin just swooped in, got put over by the two of them and picked the spoils. His gimmick and skill are what allowed him to, true, but without those three basically handing him everything on a silver platter and Triple H fucking up and getting blacklisted, he wouldn't have amounted to shit.
>lel, no
Lel, yes. The Streak was literally the main reason anyone attended WM.
>>
>>1414021
Ive watched taker since day one and he has always bored the absolute shit out of me
Unlike you im not a hugboxer so what anyone else thinks doesnt affect me
Muh deadman bore everyone to death with muh shitty entrance sucked. Only kids and pajeets fall for the taker was good meme
>>
>>1414049
>ignoring what numerous legitimate sources have said because of your opinions

Disregarding all of that shit. I win that side of the argument.

>Lel, yes. The Streak was literally the main reason anyone attended WM.

Prove it.
He was marketed secondary to the primary fixtures at 28, 29 and 30, and tertiary at 31.
25/26/27 were the arguments you could make, but you chose to go with more recent events. So you lose there, too.
>>
>>1414049
>The Streak was literally the main reason anyone attended WM.
Do "people" actually belive this?
>>
>>1414054
Children who eat Vince's shit do.
>>
>>1413949
quite frankly, in this business, at the end of the day, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>1414058
kek
>>
Oh look, another revisionist history contrarian thread on 4chan. Never seen one of these before.
>>
>>1414079
coming next week "Is Dolph Ziggler the GOAT?"
>>
Undertaker is overrated
>>
Undertaker is probably the best guy I've ever seen hit the ropes, it's so fucking fluid
>>
>>1414113
You should buy a rope
>>
>>1413919
Pre-Summerslam 97 Austin has a really diverse technical moveset. Him and Bret put on some amazing matches. After the neck injury, he was forced to go more brawler style. Still was over as fuck regardless.
>>
>>1414053
>Disregarding all of that shit. I win that side of the argument.
Cute. Does that mean you're denying that if the company wasn't already a giant thanks to Hogan and that if Taker and Michaels didn't put Austin over (Michaels was borderline forced by Taker, to boot), he'd still be a mega star? Amuse me, say yes.
>>
>>1414341
Disregarded it, lad.
Your opinions don't matter when they rival industry sources, wrestlers and promoters.
Why are you trying? I won.
>>
>>1414341
>Cute
>Amuse me, say yes.

i'm cringing
>>
>>1414346
>Your opinions don't matter
>guy being a star because he was put over by the top 2 guys in the company is an opinion
Sure, m8.
>Why are you trying? I won.
>lelelel i'm such a troll.
kys. Also, could i have some of these ''sources'' that AREN'T Vince or any one of his asskissers. Not that it would matter, as it doesn't affect my argument in the least, something you fail to understand.
>>1414370
>i'm cringing
Now you know how your mother feels every time she brings you food in the basement.
>>
>>1414393
>still trying

What are you trying to gain?
You just seem mad trying to combat literal fact.
>>
>>1414397
You're not providing any sort of counter argument here, m8. The only one ''trying'' here is you, trying to avoid the fact that i'm right.
>trying to combat literal fact
Ok, lets see some facts:
>The company was already a giant when Austing stepped up
>The only reason he got his shot was pure luck, HHH fucked himself over
>He got over by getting the shit kicked out of him by Bret Hart. What a badass.
>He got put over by the two top guys in the company, Michaels and Taker.
>Taker forced Michaels to do the job, otherwise Austin's push would've been delayed, possibly gone down the toilet
>Taker himself put Austin over WHILE A FACE, and a clean win over prime Undertaker while he's a face, that's worth more then any title
In short, were it not for Hogan setting the stage, luck and Taker basically babysitting Austin's push, he wouldn't have amounted to shit. Go on, try to dispute these facts. Or you know, just be a faggot, i don't give a shit.
>>
>>1414414
I don't need to.
I said Austin was the biggest draw. Industry names back me up.
Why should I read your posts past line 1?
>>
>>1414423
You ''shouldn't'' do anything. If you want to completely ignore the oppositions arguments, be my guest. I'll just take that as my victory.
>I said Austin was the biggest draw
And i said that it was thanks to 3 other legends doing a good part of the work. Meanwhile, The Rock made it on his own. And Hogan said it best: ''I could whip out my dick and be on top for 4 years''. Austin was an asshole who never put anybody over. He was worse then Cena, but since he cussed people adore him. Fucking bullshit double standard.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
>muh nigger
>>
>>1414436
Glad we're in agreement.
Better luck next time.
>>
>>1414436
>it's the Stone Cold Steve Autist poster
>>
File: reigns.jpg (415 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
reigns.jpg
415 KB, 800x600
Taker kayfabe death and pass on his powers to Reigns when? (ignore the shitty shoop)
>>
File: taker reigns.jpg (242 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
taker reigns.jpg
242 KB, 1200x800
>>1414468
wrong file, aforementioned shitty shoop
>>
>>1414472
Let it go anti-smark. You guys lost.
>>
>>1414393
>Now you know how your mother feels every time she brings you food in the basement.

Holy fuck SEETHING lmao
>>
>>1413889
1.Flair
2.Hogan
3.Savage
4.Sting
5.HBK
6.Stone Cold
7.Rock
8.Undertaker

Pretty good list, OP.
>>
File: 1465879928291.jpg (14 KB, 289x297) Image search: [Google]
1465879928291.jpg
14 KB, 289x297
>>1414503
>Flair
>Savage
>Sting
>Savage
>FUCKING SAVAGE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck yourself
>>
>people unironicaly hating on Undertaker
Just when i thought this site couldn't get anymore cancer.
>>
>people having opinions
>>
>>1413902
Austin was not better in the ring. WWE Austin was a shell of his WCW self. Once his neck was fucked, 90% of his matches were punches, stomps and stunners.

>better gimmick
Also wrong. Taker has easily the best gimmick in wwe history. Austin was great at his gimmick, but it wasn't better then Undertaker's.
>>
>>1414636
POO IN LOO PAJEET
>>
>>1413889
the sad part is that the undertaker and most of the other guys you listed wouldn't be over if they debuted today
>>
>>1414472
Only if the storyline includes Reigns snorting the ashes from the urn
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.