[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Definitive List of the Shittiest Finishers Ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 20
File: hugplex.jpg (67 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hugplex.jpg
67 KB, 500x281
Let's put together a comprehensive list of the worst finishers, I'll start with my picks

>Bayley-To Belly
It's the least impactful belly-to-belly I've ever seen

>Warrior Splash
The splash looks so light. I get he's muscular but c'mon

>The End of Days
I don't even get what he's trying to do here

>The Big Ending
Shoulder Injury: The Finisher

>Dirty Deeds
I don't believe the DDT anymore. If you're gonna tell me Dirty Deeds can finish off an opponent but John Cena's Tornado DDT doesn't then what's the fucking point

>Playmaker
What the fuck even is this thing
>>
rock bottom urself my man
>>
File: xw9OitR[1].gif (3 MB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
xw9OitR[1].gif
3 MB, 500x273
Gail Kim's Eat Defeat is easily the worst ever.
>>
>>1237367
That's basically The End of Days
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 340x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 340x256
Their faces say it all
>>
>>1237373
I like that one a lot, it looks like it fucking hurts

But the setup and concept are a bit strange so I'll consider it or make it an honorable mention
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 457x348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 457x348
Watch out! Ortons setting up his signature O-Zone!
>>
>>1237385
How does it hurt at all? Gail awkwardly falls on her back while the opponent is gently pressed against the heel of her shoe.
>>
File: cm-punk-gts-o.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
cm-punk-gts-o.gif
2 MB, 320x180
I'll start with an easy one

>Inb4 Ryback samefag

the move looked sloppy, lazy, incredibly fake and overall stupid, not to mention Punk himself always struggled to do it
>>
>>1237394
It looks good when he does it on somebody he's strong enough to do it properly on
>>
>>1237393
It depends how they sell it, some look better than others. I feel like maybe a bigger person could make it look better. You've sold me, it's on the list.
>>
>>1237394
his GTS looks weird.

should've never took the move from kenta 2bh
>>
>>1237394
This is a perfect move for a big guy.
Not Punk. He had an amazing submission finisher too, so I'll consider the Punk GTS, but is the Itami GTS any better?
>>
>>1237392
Same thing as the Playmaker
>>
>>1237406
yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh_cxvZy0OE
>>
>sweet chin music

it's a fucking side kick
>>
So far we have:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>End of Days
>The Big Ending
>Dirty Deeds
>Playmaker
>Eat Defeat
>Vice Grip
>CM Punk's GTS
>>
>>1237411
The superkick fucking rules, especially HBK's
His always seemed like it was fucking Earth-shattering
>>
>>1237418

the only good super kick was goldberg's. it was so powerful it gave bret heart a fucking stroke
>>
>>1237363
Might as well go back and add damn near every regular move to the list like the dropkick, DDT, Samoan drop and every fucking elbow drop ever
>>
>>1237435
There are good elbows, and one good DDT finisher.
Zack Ryder and Macho Man have amazing elbows, and the Jake Roberts DDT is the GOAT.
>>
>>1237418
I always liked HBK's Superkick/Sweet Chin Music too. He had the right build for it (long legs) and when he tuned up the band it actually looked like the kick went through your skull when he connected with it. The only other person who did it where it looked even sorta OK was John Morrison, every other superkick looks like shit in comparison though

As far as shit finishers though, the Stunner is fucking stupid. Can someone PLEASE admit this? Yes, there were people who sold it well, but the concept of the move is fucking stupid. It's not like a cutter where you can believe the guy is actually falling on his face and neck, it's the guy being forced down onto Austin's shoulder to have his jaw clench together I guess...but Austin's ass hitting the mat takes away all of the force. It's a fucking dumb move that depends entirely on the guy selling it to look impactful.
>>
How has Charlotte's spear not been said? Looks flimsy, only uses her arm etc. Edge has the same problem 80% of the time

Atomic legdrop is kinda bad, but id say it gets a pass for its influence/how iconic it is

KO punch from big show? As effective as it could be, it looks boring as shit

Byron Saxtons finisher, whatever the fuck it's called

>>1237448
I agree with you on the stunner, but its the same thing with Hogan's legdrop, it's iconic
>>
Zig Zag top 5 worst easily.
>>
>>1237453
>How has Charlotte's spear not been said?

Not a finisher lad
>>
File: tumblr_nsz9byoiTK1rg89a6o1_540.jpg (87 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsz9byoiTK1rg89a6o1_540.jpg
87 KB, 540x539
>>1237468
my mistake
edges spear still stands, he had a couple good ones but most looked flimsy as fuck
>>
Ryback's backpack stunner looked stupid.
>>
>>1237448
Stunner works on the principle that a jaw breaker fucking hurts
>>
>>1237363
https://youtu.be/TqWudY_iViM
This should be #1
>>
>>1237502
Wikipedia calls that a half-Nelson legsweep and I don't see how.
>>
>>1237414
Ryback's Shell Shock looks like it would be fun. It's a horrible finisher.
>>
>>1237457
I agree with the zigzag, It looks more like a set up for a high flying finish. That jumping DDT He does is a lot better.
>>
>>1237502
jesus christ what the fuck is that
>>
Superkick. It used to be top notch but WWE has abused it, lately anyway.

Attitude Adjustment/FU. It doesn't really help that I've never been a fan of the move but...it just doesn't really cut the cheese for me. I completely understand it can be a good move when done effectively but it never really seemed like a "finisher" to me. Sure as hell put a lot of people away, though.

Sister Abigail. I just...don't see how this move could possibly be a believeable finisher. It only looks somewhat strong because the guy who's doing it is over as fuck. A cruiserweight could do the same thing as an all around signature move and to me it would probably look deadlier.

Spear. Unless you're fucking Rhyno, this move should never be used to (attempt to) finish a match. No offense to you Goldberg/Roman/Batista fans, but it's just a shitty finisher overall. Edge had to fucking spear Cena twice AFTER a fucking Elimination Chamber match to win his first WWE Championship.

Go to Sleep. This hurts me to say because I was a huge Punk fan for a while...still kind of am, but hey, whatever. Anyway, it really is just a knee to the head. I'm not saying a well placed knee to the head isn't effective but to be completely honest, Triple H's running high knee typically looks just as if not more impactful...of course, it helps when the guy who's taking the knee knows how to sell it. Punk being sloppy in many of his matches didn't help his GTS believability though.

Codebreaker. Same thing with Punk's GTS. It's a knee to the head, and I'm not saying a well placed knee etc. etc.
Jericho wasn't (and isn't) nearly as sloppy as Punk which in all fairness to Jericho helps his Codebreaker believability.

There's probably a few more that I can think of that probably are not even worth mentioning. Like...The Worm. The fucking Worm might just probably be the worst finisher EVER. But S2H and his goofy ass finisher were both over as fuck.
>>
>Nobody has posted Road Dogg's finisher yet
I'm honestly surprised.
>>
>>1237569
The Sister Abigail isn't too uncommon. Fandango used to do it, and I think it looked way worse when he did it. Just compare the two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITbH-2v2X8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9YoO9yfdQ

Part of the problem is that WWE has absolutely retarded camera work, so they always cut to a different camera angle halfway through and completely ruin the impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qWQI3EPNY4

This is actually the worst finisher, though. I have no idea what the fuck anyone was thinking when they made this.
>>
>>1237579
I was thinking that, he's way too small to be doing that move. Consider it on the list.
>>1237569
I agree with Sister Abagail, but I LOVE the Codebreaker
>>1237525
Shell Shock is so weak looking, its on the list.
>>1237502
You know it's on the list baby
>>1237457
I like the Zig Zag idk
>>
File: gay community.jpg (11 KB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
gay community.jpg
11 KB, 350x253
How do we all feel about the Styles Clash?
It looks pretty weak for such a dangerous move.
Also, The Phenomenal Forearm is now AJ's finisher, so that HAS to be on the list
>>
>>1237596
aj gets impressive air on the forearm so it still feels special.
>>
End of days is a shittier downward spiral

Also the AA still sucks
>>
>>1237630
AA is bad, consider it on the list
THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Baron Corbin's End of Days
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Dean Ambrose/Mick Foley's Dirty Deeds
>MVP/Randy Orton's Playmaker/Ozone
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>The Great Khali's Vice Grip
>CM Punk's GTS
>Road Dogg's Pump Handle Slam
>Bray Wyatt/Fandango's Sister Abigail
>Lacey Von Erich's Moonsault Elbow Drop
>Whatever the fuck Bryon Saxton's finisher was
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>John Cena's Attitude Adjustment
>>
>>1237363
Whatever American Alpha's finisher is supposed to be
>>
>>1237650
I'm not gonna count tag finishers, there aren't enough notable ones for me to even decipher the good and bad ones
>>
>>1237645

You really have to put The Worm in dude, it's just a fucking chop with like a minute of dicking around beforehand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LN5PQNzX9U
>>
>>1237665
As much as I agree it's not a good move, the person doing it and the theatrics before hand give it a pass. It's similar to the Cobra, if anyone else was doing it, it would be stupid, but it's done by a comedic low mid-carder so it gets a pass. Also the crowd gets so hype for the Worm.

HOWEVER; The Samoan Spike/Brain Chop/Heart Punch/KO Punch
>>
>>1237414
People's Elbow
>>
Barrett's Wasteland, even tho it's no longer his finisher
>>
the neutralizer and all of Dolphins zigglars
>>
Any form of full nelson face crusher, reverse Russian leg sweep, Downward Spiral, etc.
>>
Aj styles new finisher
>>
the sad thing about the DDT is that it is legitimately a neck breaking move

it's one of the first you learn doing any kind of martial arts and applied properly it's an instant KO move

in WWE they simply avoid applying full pressure on the frontal part of the neck so it's just a face slam, gay as fuck
>>
Jackknife Powerbomb
>always looks botched
>only impressive from 7ft and higher
>requires a gimmick where you don't fucking care

in this way it's perfect for Nash and noone else
>>
Every Super Kick that isn't done by Michaels
Guys like Ziggler try and emulate it but it just looks like shit when done by them
>>
>>1237731
Oh my god yes, the Skull Crushing Finale is awful, it's on the list.
>>1237706
I don't like the Neutralizer or the Styles Clash, but I don't think they deserve to be on here.

How about Trouble In Paradise?
>>
missing
>superman punch
>samoan spike
>hogan legdrop
>>
>>1237779
Superman Punch is a signature
>>
>>1237770
well did anyone else but Big Kev use it?
>>
>>1237373
that gif is awful, the move was horribly done.
you're supposed to twist their arm, place your heel underneath their chin, and fall back with your leg straight up so you're giving them a jawbreaker.
>>
>>1237793
I noticed that Xavier Woods does it really good, that's why I specifically put Gail Kim's on the list, I was at first skeptical of putting it on but anon convinced me
>>
>>1237569
>Sister Abigail is a shitty finisher

Nah
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 193x261
>>1237363
>>
>>1237805
It's awful, it looks like an even weaker End of Days
>>
>>1237363
i can't believe no one has said last ride yet
>>
>"She calls it her 'Rear View,' Maggle"
>>
>>1237811
That's because the Last Ride rules
>>
File: peoples-700x352.jpg (57 KB, 700x352) Image search: [Google]
peoples-700x352.jpg
57 KB, 700x352
>>1237682
You don't really understand the people's elbow do you? The Rock gathers the electricity from the millions, AND MILLIONS, of The Rock's fans and focusses it into his elbow and hits them with the electricity of The People.
>>
File: 1460182613464.jpg (131 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1460182613464.jpg
131 KB, 500x333
Tbqh pham

>Rock.Bottom

Its a fucking slam, with little to no extra elevation
>>
Tye Dillinger
https://youtu.be/NKYGLhSKNqU
>>
>>1237363

BEEG's WMD punch.

Charlotte's torso lariat (I refuse to call that shit a spear)

Edge's spear (WOAT because Charlotte has never actually hit a fucking spear it's a torso lariat and the tranny skank would be turning tricks for $10 a head if Ric wasn't her daddy)

Styles Clash combines a really tame, unconvincing looking bump with an unreasonably high chance for an accidental head drop leading to neck injuries. Made even worse by the fact that AJ does a half dozen other moves that are safer AND look better. The Phenomenal Forearm, the Spiral Tap, the Calf Killer, and so on. I am glad the WWE has buried the shit out of the Styles Clash. Hopefully he stops doing it altogether. He's MUCH better than that.

Dalton Castle's helicopter drop thing. I wouldn't mind this as a signature, but it's a really stupid, pussy move to be a goddamn finisher.

John Cena's AA. It's a less convincing bump than a vertical suplex, and perhaps accordingly, it takes an average of four of them to actually FINISH a match.

John Cena's STF: A perfectly good submission ruined by the fucking idiot failing to apply it well.

John Cena's Springboad Stunner: I don't care that it was only a signature, it was fucking horrible. Cena flying backwards into his opponent's knees made the whole thing look awkward and weak.

Seth Rollins' Pedigree: It looks like shit with a smaller guy like Seth doing it, and slamming down onto his knees like the move requires five nights a week is probably what lead to the catastrophic knee injury. All because WWE has ZERO (0) balls and made him stop using the Curbstomp, which might have been the most elegant finisher in history.

Khali's overhand chop. This should not require explanation

Road Dogg's Pumphandle Slam. The move itself feels more like a signature than a finisher, made worse by Road Dogg buttfucking his opponent before hitting it.

Did I miss any out? Tell me about it while questioning my sexuality and mental health in the replies below
>>
>>1237892
oh my god
that was awful

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>Tye Dillinger's Single Knee Facebuster
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Umaga/Rikishi's Samoan Spike
>Crush's Heart Punch
>The Great Khali's Brain Chop
>Edge's Spear
>>
>>1237858
THIS. With the extra impulse he gathers when he lifts the leg up, he sends a crushing elbow drop directly into the heart that channels the electricity and damages some of the heart valves like the aortic valve, with some of the shock wave being felt all over the sternum immobilizing the opponent.
>>
>>1237895
I wanted to put the Style's Clash on their, but I didn't have any support until you so I'm gonna put it on there along with Cesaro's Neutralizer

Give me your opinion on Charlotte's Natural Selection, Kofi's Trouble in Paradise, The Canadian Destroyer, and the Dudleydog/Bodog/Sliced Bread #2 and the Salida Del Sol

I'm all for having them on the list but need support before I can put them on
>>
Big Show's WMD
>>
why the fuck haven't you added sweet chin music to the list op?

I SAID SWEET CHIN MUSIC

however sweet shin music is pretty kewl
>>
I love Mick Foley, but the Mandible Claw, even with Mr. Socko, is shit. Whenever I would see it, I would always think the same thing:

>Why don't they just bite down?
>>
>>1237892
Yeah, when all the announcer can say to your finisher is, "What was that?" it's a shit move.
>>
File: Battle Kat.webm (2 MB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Battle Kat.webm
2 MB, 450x338
>>1237898
Battle Kat's finisher is worse than all of those
>>
>>1237921
Good God Jesus Christ Almighty what the fuck was that?
>>
>>1237921
Fucking hell, really? Basically a low impact Lou Thesz press with no follow up.
>>
>>1237905
Consider it done
>>1237911
Shut up
>>1237915
Yeah, the Mandible Claw knocking someone out never made sense to me, same thing with someone falling unconscious from the Sharpshooter.

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Mick Foley's Mr. Socko/Love Handle
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>>
>>1237898
Why? The DDT is one of the most legit finishers of all time. A double underhook DDT is twice as worse than a single arm one

>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
Even tho that gif at the top looks horrible, but when it's well done it's not that bad to be on the list. The idea is that your head gets decapitated by the impulse as if Kitana from MK cuts your head with a fan

>CM Punk's GTS
Can't be compared to Kenta's. Again, look at the idea of you being on top of the shoulders of a legit guy and then lifted up, with all that gravity all the way down and you meet a knee that comes up to your face midway breaking all the bones in your face and leaving you unconscious
>>
>>1237924

no you shut up
>>
>>1237925
Like I mentioned, the DDT isn't a bad move, but over time it's become such a normal move that it's hard to believe that a Cena Tornado DDT won't win a match but a Dirty Deeds will.

Gail Kim's finisher isn't bad but Xavier Woods does it better so I'm probably gonna remove it, because I do quite like it.

CM Punk's GTS is a weird one for me. A lot times his looked sloppy, BUT I also don't see the logic in the move. Kenta's looks fine but CM Punks never really looked believable or like it hit it's mark, so I'll keep it here.
>>
the list is now:

>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>whatever the fuck sweet chin music was
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>sweet chin music
>>
>>1237937
you're the only person on the face of the Earth who doesn't like the SCM

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>Battle Kat's >>1237921
>>
Every finisher the Miz had before the Skull Crushing Finale
>>
>>1237942
Definitely
Can we also agree on Lex Luger's Forearm? What an awful move

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Skull Crushing Finale
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>>
>>1237937
Nothing is fucking wrong with Sweet Chin Music.

Everyone else with a superkick? Fine, put them on there. But HBK's is legit.
>>
The Vaudevillains' Whirling Dervish
>>
A move I wanna throw out there that I've never understood since I saw it:
Kevin Owen's Pop-Up Powerbomb
The setup seems so silly and I feel like it would be easy to counter, so I've always thought it was kinda stupid
>>
alright, I've added a few more that I just think need to be on here

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Wade Barrett's Bull Hammer
>Wade Barrett's Wasteland
>Alberto Del Rio's Tree of Woe Double Foot Stomp
>Spike Dudley/Bo Dallas' Dudleydog/BoDog
>Lex Luger's Running Forearm
>Kalisto's Solida Del Sol
>Kevin Owen's Pop-Up Powerbomb
>>
tldr anything that doesn't come off the top rope or end in -driver
>>
>>1237903

I like Trouble In Paradise all right. A full tilt kick to the head makes for a decent finisher, even if WWE booking ruins it. It's also basically a Beauty Shot, but to the back of the head instead of the face.

I never got the hate for the Canadian Destroyer/Flip Powerbomb. Done right, it looks slick and devastating. It beats the fucking Meltzer Driver by a mile.

The BoDog in principle, as a move itself, is fine. I feel it suitably looks like your smashing your opponent's face into the ground. Bo himself botching it half the time might be enough to put specifically his version of the move on the list.

I'd say the Salida Del Sol is just kind of average/mediocre. Not bad enough to put on a list of pure crap.

Natural Selection is probably the only thing that Charlotte does that isn't horrible. But there's a general DDT hate in this thread, though I still don't think that's enough to put it on a list of bad finishers.

Now that I think about it, Nikki's Rack Attack is kind of shit. I wish she'd just use the Alabama Slam as a finisher.
>>
>>1237569
Rhyno's Gore and Goldieberg's Spear are the only acceptable spear finishers/signature moves (since Goldie's finisher was technically the Jackhammer)

AA/FU I 100% agree with it's terrible and has never been convincing

Kenta's GTS has always been pretty good

Sister Abigail is alright, it just depends on what bucktooth dunn is doing with the cameras

Codebreaker sucks

Superkick was great, especially Sweet Chin Music, but it's lost its impact due to overuse
>>
>>1237976
>roman reings super man punch
>reverse STO like the mike check from mr kennedy
>619
>big shows cobra clutch back breaker
>ron simmonds/black lesners dominator (seriously wrestler take bumps like that every match)
>cody rhodes neck breaker thing
>seth rollings finisher after the curb stomp was banned
>dean ambrose original dirty deeds
>>
>>1237976

Why the Pop Up Powerbomb?

Besides the fact that Mr. Boombalatty needs to hit the gym so he can do a proper powerbomb lift?
>>
>>1237596
The worst thing about the forearm is the FUCKING name
>>
>>1237811
The last ride is probably the best variation of the powerbomb ya dingus
>>
>>1238000
thats a funny way to say the jack hammer
>>
File: b-sax.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
b-sax.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>1237363
Paige's PTO. That shit would do little more than destroy her own knees and she can barely lift her opponents.

But the worst? Byron Saxton's finisher: the JUST
>>
>>1238002
Jack Hammer Powerbomb is good but it's nowhere near as crushing as Last Ride
>>
oh btw Finn Balor double foot stomp? It's fucking gay as fuck. I could understand if some super heavyweight was doing it, but him? Weak
>>
>>1237996
The setup seems ludicrous to me, and it seems really easy to counter, but that's just me.

>>1237995
Superman Punch is a signature, the 619 rules, the Dominator is fine, and I'll take a Rollins Pedigree

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Bayley's Bayley-to-Belly/Hugplex
>Ultimate Warrior's Warrior Splash
>Big E's The Big Ending
>Gail Kim's Eat Defeat
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Seth Rollin's Pedigree
>>
>>1238007
Apparently, it really fucking hurts and is dangerous as fuck, so it's fine.
>>
>>1238008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiH61LdabP4

not the pedigree, this piece of shit nothing move
>>
>>1238007

I take it then that you can't buy any top-rope move as a finisher when not done by a superheavy?
>>
>>1238010
What the fuck is that?
That was just ugly

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Big E's The Big Ending
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Seth Rollin's Snap Single Underhook Front Facelock Drop
>>
Who had the best spear? I lean towards rhino as long as heyman is screaming gore.
>>
>>1238015
Goldberg, Rhyno or Batista
>>
>>1238015
SPEAKING OF THE SPEAR
I'm adding Christians Spear and the Killswitch/Unprettier because those are disgusting moves

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Big E's The Big Ending
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Christian's Killswitch/Unprettier
>Christian's Spear
>>
>>1238007
Yeah because someone stomping a hole in your sternum is weak

Doesn't matter how big/small they are, that shit is dangerous as fuck
>>
>>1238015
Goldberg, objectively.
>>
>>1238017
>Batista
Yeah nah, Bootista's spear was shit tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVWC0qGvznc
>>
>>1238015
Mike Awesome
Mil Muertes
Moose
>>
File: slop drop.gif (977 KB, 330x253) Image search: [Google]
slop drop.gif
977 KB, 330x253
Here's one I've never liked;
The Scorpion Death Drop

It just seems weak, and Sting's biggest parallel had one of the GOAT finishers, the Tombstone.
Shitty lame move and it's going on the list
>>
>>1238029
>Mil Muertes
I forgot he had the spear, his flatliner is better tho. It's like a good Rock Bottom.
>>
>>1238029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_L5baGsZKk
Holy shit
>>
>>1238032
You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>1237665
The Worm is a comedic finisher which almost never ended a match, so I don't think is bad; just not serious at all
>>
Trouble in paradise is absolutely ass.

It's so slow and kofi never slaps the leg so there's no impact noise at all

Terrible finisher
>>
Mcguilicutter?
>>
>>1238105

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Big E's The Big Ending
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Christian's Spear
>Kofi Kingston's Trouble In Paradise
>Curtis Axel/Michael McGuillicutty's McGuillicutter
>>
>>1238021

Personally, I've never been a huge fan of it just because the lengths he has to go to not legitimately kill someone with it makes it BLATANTLY obvious he almost missed entirely.

I wouldn't say it's a bad finisher, it's just far from my favorite.
>>
>>1237601
Not really. So he jumps high, big whoop. Still doesn't feel like it should be finishing a match.
>>
>>1237453
>>1237468
>>1237476
Still better than Ramen's.
>>
>>1237596
Is he just not allowed to do the clash because of how many times someone fucked up and got hurt in the indies?
>>
The Worm
>>
>>1237895
>All because WWE has ZERO (0) balls and made him stop using the Curbstomp, which might have been the most elegant finisher in history.
I don't know about "elegant", but it looked fucking devastating when sold right. Most certainly one of, if not the best finishers of the modern era, before WWE lost its balls as you so rightly put it.
>>
Walls of Jericho.
its a boston crab with a different name
>>
>>1238151

The clash gets harder and harder to do safely the taller and heavier the other guy is compared to AJ. And AJ is small guy by WWE standards.
>>
>>1238015
Big Show
>>
>>1238157
It was great when Jericho used to put effort into it. He'd press his knee into the back of the neck opponent and make it look painful as fuck. You're correct to say that his go to version is just a Boston crab though.
>>
>>1238164
The Walls of Jericho and Liontamer are two different moves, so Walls on the list, yes, Liontamer is the GOAT

THE LIST NOW IS:
>Big E's The Big Ending
>CM Punk's GTS
>Ryback's Shell Shock
>The Rock's Rock Bottom
>Hulk Hogan's Leg Drop
>Naomi's Rear View
>Crush's Heart Punch
>Edge's Spear
>Big Show's WMD
>AJ Styles' Styles Clash
>Cesaro's Neutralizer
>The Miz's Mizard of OZ
>The Miz's Reality Check
>Booker T's Scissor Kick
>Christian's Spear
>Kofi Kingston's Trouble In Paradise
>Curtis Axel/Michael McGuillicutty's McGuillicutter
>Chris Jericho's Walls of Jericho
>>
>>1238164

Thats the Liontamer retard
>>
>>1238197
why do you have to be a fucking autist and repost this huge-ass list every time somebody posts

just have a fucking discussion without spamming the thread
>>
>>1238197
I'm curious. With the list getting larger and larger, what do you all consider GOOD finishers?
>>
Batista Bomb
Sitout powerbomb that makes Batista look like he's gonna break his legs on landing
>>
>>1237828
does it rule more than the tombstone?
>>
>>1237921
no RVD without battle kat
>>
>>1238197
Sister abigail is based as fuck, especially outta nowhere and the heart punch legit killed 2 wrestlers

Also the neutralizer is a pedigree ×100 so how you can list that and not the pedigree is beyond me

Kys OP you fucking suck
>>
>>1237940
SCM sucks dick

> finisher is a kick
>>
>>1238250
>SCM setup
>considered good back when superkick wasn't overused
>>
>bayley
Does any female have an impressive finisher?

>the people's elbow
>rock bottom
The Rock's entire finishing move set is awful, add them to the list.
>>
>>1237665
Kys
>>
Tyler Breeze's Beauty Shot.

It's a spinning heel kick with no power behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmi25vZWgA
>>
THE FUCKING PEDIGREE
>>
>>1238253
I take it you've never watched an 80s tag match if you think superkicks being overused is a new thing
>>
Trouble in Paradise is great, dafuq?

>>1238162
Styles managed to flawlessly hit the Clash on everybody from Kevin "Fatter in PWG Than I've Ever Been as Owens" Steen to Okada. He's more than strong enough to do it to basically anybody in WWE outside the giants.
>>
>>1237996
Owens has way more functional strength than the current WWE Champ.
>>
>>1237665
Naa the worm was good.
>>
>>1238258
>Does any female have an impressive finisher?

Beth Phoenix's Glam Slam, AJ Lee's Black Widow, Victoria's Widow's Peak, Michelle McCool's Wings of Love, the entire career of Sara Del Rey.
>>
>>1237665
If the Worm goes in, then the people's elbow and the five knuckle shuffle also have to go in, since they follow the same exact idea.
>>1238197
I don't see the incredibad submission hold of all time, the Flair Figure Four, on this list.
>mildly annoying instead of legit painful
>looks even more retarded when countered
>nObody but jobbers ever loses to it
>>
>>1238441
Five knuckle shuffle is a signature.
>>
>>1238410
>AJ Lee's Black Widow
Octopus stretch is not an impressive finisher
>>
File: Widow's Peak.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Widow's Peak.webm
2 MB, 480x360
>>1238258
Victoria
>>
F5

A lot of effort for a move that looks weak as fuck. If you just stick your arms and legs out, you would land safely. Horrible.
>>
>>1237775
The Skull Crushing Finale is just JJ's Stroke
>>
>>1237898
If you have the Rock Bottom then naturally you must also include the Book-End
>>
>>1238010
I think that was the one and only time he used that move before he adopted the Pedigree
>>
>>1239008
18+
>>
Any side slam as a finisher (look Barret, big boss man)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJR_B6LnjA
>>
>>1238164
Apparently that change names after some time into the lion tamer
>>
well we are at THIS point so...
Gringo killah/homicide vertebreaker, I mean it looks weak as fuck everyone should kick out of that.
>>
>>1237569

I fucking love the Codebreaker.
>>
>>1238197
where is the canadian destroyer ?
>>
>>1239422
you mean the coolest looking finisher of all time? nowhere on this list
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqWudY_iViM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Byron's Finisher
Let's call it The JUST
>>
>>1240478
The Just already was mentioned somewhere.
>>
SWEET CHIN MUSIC FUCKING SUCKS
>>
>>1240478

ctrl+f you retard

shits been mentioned at least twice
>>
>>1240488
t. Bretcuck
>>
>>1240488
You've been posting the same shitty opinion since last night on this thread. fucking chill homo
>>
>>1238959

Fuck me. I forgot all about that. That looks, (and probably is), brutal as fuck to take. I feel like the Rack Attack is the PG version of that move.
>>
Nikki's rack attack is WOAT. Here's an awesome finish. I'll get you in a fireman's carry, then instead of dropping you to the mat instead I'll just drop your entire bodyweight directly down across my cervical spine. It will be completely fucking painless for you but I think neck surgery will be fucking awesome, plus the name is a shitty joke about my giant tits.
>>
>>1240438
>coolest

Its so fucking shit and unrealistic even on an professional wrestling standpoint
>>
>>1240875
its stupid and great though.
And honestly who cares about realism?
>>
>>1238959

Goddamn. What that could do to the body with two much heavier wrestlers executing it kind of terrifies me. I'd bet Japan, if anybody.
>>
>>1237411
18+
>>
>>1237373
you wanna see it done right watch a Chuck Taylor match
>>
>>1238959
God I love the widow's peak. I miss her
>>
>>1238147
"no"
his spear looks powerful
>>
>>1238320
>muh functional strength
>>
>>1241775
Not anymore. It's bordering on shit tier since he stopped trying.
>>
>>1237410
it looks good when taken by a little guy

too many bg4u's on the main roster though
>>
>>1238441
I've been in a figure four and I can tell you it hurts like fuck if the person applying it knows how to do it properly.
>>
File: 1429573275903.jpg (238 KB, 1000x1049) Image search: [Google]
1429573275903.jpg
238 KB, 1000x1049
the queen's pedigree is horrific
>>
>>1238020
Killswitch/Unprettier was great when he first started to it then WWE had to make it safe. Turning the move to shit.
>>
>>1237363
>Playmaker

Who does this? DDT is an overused move now. They should stop having everyone do it and only keep it to 1-3 that should be allowed. Luchadors should always be allowed to do a tornado ddt if they want though. When done right it looks different enough from a standard one. DDT should be devestating enough that it can finish a match since you know, the opponents freaking head is driven hard into a mat. Not many moves like that anymore since piledrivers are perma banned.

The end of days is a shitty finisher that only manlets could sell for him.

Bayley to belly is fine since she is a woman. The great Shane Douglas had a similar finisher.

The other two aren't bad finishers all things considered. Warrior came from a different time so it's okay.
>>
>>1238015
1. goldberg
2. rhino
3. big show

The rest literally do not matter because no one else can deliver spears as good and more importantly AS BELIEVABLE as these three.
>>
>>1240438
the canadian destroyer is probably my favorite finisher
>>
File: 978.webm (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
978.webm
2 MB, 600x338
Can't even tell if it's a botch or not...
>>
File: road dogg.webm (1 MB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
road dogg.webm
1 MB, 450x338
Can we talk about good finishers for a second?

Just look how he emasculates the opponent before finishing them. Literal master of ring psychology
>>
>>1241958
>goldberg
>better than heyman screaming GORE GORE GORE

greenberg's tackle isn't even close to the gore. It wasn't until he got to wwe where people actually know how to fucking sell that it got better.
>>
>>1237895
>Made even worse by the fact that AJ does a half dozen other moves that are safer AND look better.
I don't know what the technical name is for this move or if he's even done it yet in WWMEME, but in New Japan he'd do a sort of reverse D-Lo Spinebuster that looked impressive as fuck. Instead of slamming them on their backs they'd land face first. It's definitely finisher-tier for WWE. There's also the spring-board moonsault into a reverse DDT. What I'm trying to say is is that AJ Styles is the best in-ring worker on the planet.
>>
>>1237363
https://youtu.be/U6loAQPZUL0
>>
File: kalisto.jpg (17 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
kalisto.jpg
17 KB, 300x200
>>1238020
>>1237976
>>1238008
>>1238013
>>1238109
>>1238197
>solida del sol
>solida
>>
>>1241949
>Warrior came from a different time
Yeah a time with plenty of awesome finishers
>Perfect-Plex
>DDT
>Savage Elbow
>Sharpshooter
>Standard sit-out piledrivers
>Tombstone piledriver
>Snuka's splash
>Superplex
If you want to go to Japan, the Shooting Star was invented during Warrior's time, and the diving headbutt was used a lot.
All of these moves would be believable finishes to matches, or at least believable 2.5 counts. The Big Splash couldn't hold up past 1995.
>>
>>1237502
Christ Masters' expression says it all
>>
>>1237805

And it's also a fucking rehash of Mike Knox's move, I mean, if you're debuting a guy at least give him something impactful.
I like Bray's suplex, tho, when he just slams the guy instead or falling with him
>>
>>1237363
>not including edge's spear

disgusting
>>
>>1241949
>The end of days is a shitty finisher that only manlets could sell for him.

Baron has hit EoD on some huge guys
>>
SWEET CHIN MUSIC IS STILL JUST A FUCKING KICK
>>
>>1238007
I'm not too heavy myself, anon, 6 ft and 176 pounds. can I stomp you right in the heart? if it skips a beat and the next 100, that means you're dead but no way that can happen, right?
>>
you people just included moves from all possible categories: top rope, ddt's, modified suplexes, faceplants, powerbombs, superkicks, submissions. It's professional wrestling, what the fuck do you expect to see?
Someone already said here that show's ko punch looks like shit, and it's true, but it would hurt the most in all possible encounters, in comparison to all the other moves mentioned. it's a fucking punch right in the fucking jaw and that shit will put down anyone non-kayfabe when a dude the size of big show delivers it.
If a move and the one who performs are entertaining and eye-candy, than the perfomer did his job. it's still sports entertainment, you're not supposed to analyze if the moves are sufficiently painful or evaluate the prowess of the competitors
>>
Why has nobody mentioned this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXm4K05BCg
>>
No Way Jose's punch

https://youtu.be/TZPkYj5OnlU?t=90
>>
>>1237645
>shell shock is bad
>probably the most painful slam to take right now
What the fuck is this list even supposed to mean
>>
>>1238197
How about Harper's Discus Clothesline?
I dunno, every "discus" moves seems retarded.
Also, generic claws and whatnot.
>>
>>1243661
Wow. I get that its developmental. But that dude is terrible and slow. That punch was the best thing he did the whole time. And it was terrible.
>>
>>1237411
And it's a legit finishing move
>>
Trish's Stratusfaction.
It's just a bulldog...
>>
>>1243835
Harper's clothesline looks fucking amazing
>>
>>1243835
You are worse than OP
Both of you legitimately kill yourself, im not even joking
>>
>>1237373
>Xavier Woods could've had a wheelbarrow facebuster
>instead he got this
>>
Thugnificent, or any other version of the STO or reverse STO that people use as finishers these days. The only way this move doesn't look lame as shit is if the attacker's coming off the ropes JBL style, full tilt.
>>
All finishers are shit, apparently
>>
Piledriver performed by small guys. There's a reason why it's banned in WWE now. It have a very high chance of fuck ups.
>>
>>1253262
Well, AJ Styles have hit Ramen with 6 finishers and Ramen also ate a tag team finisher, and yet he kicked out of everything just to win with one spear.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TqWudY_iViM
How is this shit not number one?
Seriously Byron is shit at everything
>>
>>1237394
Anaconda vice was his superior finisher
>>
>>1253195
>wheelbarrow facebuster
?
>>
>>1237363
>>The End of Days
at least it looks a bit dynamic
>>
>>1253529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gotZmZcGZzs
>>
>>1242009
>wrestling is totally straight guys, I swear :3
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.