[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying he isnt 100% right https://www.youtube.com/wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_6509.jpg (34 KB, 640x685) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6509.jpg
34 KB, 640x685
>implying he isnt 100% right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54K-BmUHE0
>>
le money and miles man
>>
>>1219468
. please pick a gender
>>
>>1219463
big sexy is correct
>>
>>1219471
Both
>>
>>1219463
I'll never let go of him popularizing that "vanilla midget" bullshit. That fucker didn't choose his height, what an asshole.
>>
>>1219463
I dislike Nash, but he's right about the length.
>>
>>1219463
He's actually right, cut the bullshit and show some real wrestling
>>
he's 100% a cuck
>>
>>1219463
He's right. He's also got some other interesting ideas about how the product should evolve.

A lot of fags are still butthurt over him calling their darlings vanilla midgets though.
>>
>>1219463
He's spot on though.

A 3 hour show is a chore to sit through just in itself. Add in the fact that RAW is usually 20-25 minutes of watchable television and 3 and a half hours of nothing make it too much.

There is no reason whatsoever to watch raw live. Just fucking record it or watch it on Hulu/Dailymotion. At least then you could skip through the commercials, ads, recaps and long winded promos to get to what you actually want to see.

Nash is on the money. Make RAW shorter, or at least put effort into putting in a watchable show.
>>
>>1219463

Yet more words of truth from the great Kevin Nash
>>
>>1219463
He is absolutely correct. It frustrates me sometimes that the solution to start fixing Raw is right fucking there and still Vince won't do it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what needs to be done.

At the end of the day, Vince has no interest in producing a wrestling show. He's a businessman and a promoter. He actively rejects the label 'professional wrestling'.
>>
>>1219509
Pretty much. Raw isn't so much professional wrestling as it is just entertainment. There's just so much talking and promos, not enough matches.
>>
There's one thing I think that's wrong here, I think everything he said should be applied to Smackdown.
Smackdown is all pre-taped so it should be on point every fucking Thursday, no more Raw/PPV rewinds just all matches with little as possible promo cuts. Hell Smackdown used to be THE show to watch but it's such a fucking joke that you couldn't tell the difference between it and Main Event, Superstars or Saturday Morning Slam
>>
>>1219509
>>1219518
Then you would think, with such an emphasis on entertainment, that RAW would be entertaining. But it fucking isn't.
>>
>>1219518
Commercials > promos > talking > random bullshit > "MAGGLE THIS IS AWESOME!" > wrestling
>>
>>1219509
That's always been the weird thing about Vince. The one thing he's really good at in life is something he really doesn't even like, pro wrestling. The dude should just embrace it for what it is.

>>1219518
>There's just so much talking and promos, not enough matches.
I don't even think it's that per sé. Even go back to the Attitude Era and watch any Raw. There's just as much promos in reality. I think the difference essentially is that the entertainment WAS entertaining.

I think the reasons for that are various, and to list them briefly;
>Tightly scripted promos, less emphasis on ad libbing
>No break out stars who are so insanely talented that they can essentially carry the entire product (Austin, Rock, Hogan)
>Creative being inconsistent and at times flat out retarded with it's storylines/ pushes
>50/50 booking
>Raw is far too long
>>
Give Paul Heyman complete creative control of RAW
>>
File: 1445299541895.jpg (434 KB, 1500x1543) Image search: [Google]
1445299541895.jpg
434 KB, 1500x1543
>>
>>1219518
>There's just so much talking and promos

Pro wrestling still needs this though. Smarks hate Russo but I feel he's on the money on so many issues.

Russo has said numerous times how in the attitude era you had much shorter matches then what you get now. He also said while he was there he doesn't remember a match ever going to a commercial break. A lot of attitude era was dedicated to comedy promos, comedy in general, backstage segments, and just people simply kicking each others asses.

I think the problem with Raw today is there is too much talking and too much long ass matches that most people do not care about unless they are the most die hard wrestling fans.

I wish Nash said it but he probably feels this way anyways. Today's wrestlers simply do not look like they can be the next big thing. Too many of them look like lower mid carders at best.

>remove pg
>lessen the talking segments (seriously these can at times go 30 minutes)
>lessen the match length unless it's actually a match people are invested in
>fire probably half the roster
>allow these guys to roid up again so they look like wrestlers again
>create crazy as fuck gimmicks again like Mankind, Val Venis, etc
>more tits and ass couldn't possibly hurt
>>
>>1219463
le vanilla mememan
>>
Reminder that the only reason WWE was ever good was because they stole Heyman's ideas
>>
>>1219659
>implying he is wrong about these tiny ass midgets
>>
>>1219650
>allow these guys to roid up again so they look like wrestlers again
now that's what I call edgy
>>
File: shane douglas.jpg (69 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
shane douglas.jpg
69 KB, 1440x1080
>>1219663
Yep I knew this even back as a kid. WCW and WWE stole a ton from ECW. So much so that they even took the concept of the triple threat match itself from ECW.

ECW may not have innovated everything but they sure did popularize a lot at the very least. Their ideas definitely influenced both companies.

Also HHH completely ripped off Shane Douglas.
>>
>>1219650
>cripple the product's demographic range, make less content, fire half your workers, let the rest use drugs that cause longterm health issues, add dumb wacky shit
There's a reason you aren't a WWE executive, anon.
>>
>>1219682
That formula is what worked in the past nigger. It has already been proven to work.
>>
>>1219463
He's mostly right and also fucked up as hell and trying not to slur his speech. Why is he so pissy? Seems like a twat and the kind of guy you wouldn't want to chill with
>>
>>1219688
Cena vs Rock was the biggest draw in WWE and it was PG. Please have sex.
>>
>>1219463
He's a big meme.
>>
>>1219694
That is one time only for wrestlemania. Also of course it would have been a huge draw. Rock became the biggest actor going on years now. He could have faced Mae Young at Mania and it would draw.
>>
>>1219704
>one time only
Please have sex, attitard. Both Wrestlemanias with Rock vs Cena beat all of your shitty attitude era pay-per-views in draws. X-7 is the 7th biggest draw, behind six other Wrestlemanias that weren't stupid attitude era. Russo shit never draws.
>>
>>1219719
You are a meme spouting moron. I already told you that of course those manias drew so well. Rock is the biggest hollywood movie star. So why wouldn't they draw well?

The 90's to early 00's has proven to be the most successful period for wrestling in regards to being discussed in media, ratings, etc. This cannot be denied faggot. It's a proven formula that works.
>>
>>1219726
>So why wouldn't they draw well?
They drew well because they weren't attitude era, you screaming child.

>It's a proven formula that works.
It doesn't work. PG has more draws than attitude era, therefore you and your old meme-men are idiots.
>>
>>1219733
>babies first troll

What a manchild you are. Get off this board you stupid neckbeard.
>>
>>1219742
>Losing the argument? Better call the other guy a troll! Th-that'll show h-him!
PLEASE have sex.
>>
>>1219746
>he keeps on trolling for an audience of no one
>he keeps on saying the please have sex meme
>he even used caps locks
>he probably wasn't even alive during the greatest periods in wrestling
>he probably doesn't even know who diesel is
>>
>>1219755
>he keeps on trolling for an audience of no one
lol, good job admitting you're a nobody
>>
>No competition.

That really is it.
>>
based Nash
>>
>>1219463
I fucking love how self-aware and chill Nash is.
>>
>>1219643
Thank you nash
>>
>>1219784
>>1219792
>>1219800
samefag
>>
>>1219809
get worked manlet
>>
>>1219809
>>
File: samefag.png (13 KB, 414x111) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
13 KB, 414x111
>>1219843
Nice shoop. Here's the real one, idiot.
>>
Diesel couldn't draw a dime as WWE champion if you handed him two nickels.
>>
>>1219848
>when based Big Kev works a mark into a photoshop
>>
Bret said the same fucking thing and /asp/ said he didn't know what he was talking about and he was just bitter
>>
>>1219893
Bret isn't cool though
>>
File: 1451353639628.gif (650 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1451353639628.gif
650 KB, 200x150
>>1219856
>>
>>1219763
No competition to steal talent and ideas from
>>
>>1219893
Why does Bret get shit on here? He has a right to be a bitter old man
>>
>>1219463
I watched this video fully and didn't see anything about wearing lingerie
>>
>>1219904
stay worked mark
>>
>>1219463

>all these pissed off marks and vanilla midgets too triggered to find anything wrong with what based Kev said
>>
>>1220013
The entire thread is people agreeing with him
>>
Challenge. Try to find a video of Nash being wrong.
Protip: You can't.
>>
I reckon they should open with their best workers to get people to tune in, imagine seeing all those great Cena US Title defenses as soon as you start.
>>
>>1220090

>go to youtube
>search for "Kevin Nash shoots"

click on literally any video and it will be good
>>
>>1219650
I want you to start a wrestling promotion, see it fail, and listen to your "It wasn't my fault, my shit doesn't stink" speech.
>>
>>1219853
Doesn't mean he's wrong about this.
>>
50/50 booking is killing the business, how the fuck can anyone go over if it flip flops every show.
>>
>>1219463
>ding ding, fuck, top answer

fucking gold
>>
Nash is just stating the obvious. Every critic and fan in the know has been saying this shit about RAW for years. WWE know the problems the shows format has but they don't give a fuck, if they wanted to change it they would have.
>>
serious opinion
all the top card wrestlers they have aren't good, and the mid card people they should be pushing who are much better are creatively being put into a whole

So they are pushing inexperienced shit wrestlers and committing character suicide with the others
>>
Are they both baked here? I know Nash is bound to be because Nash, but the interviewer looks off his face too.

Of course he's not the first person to say this and of course he and everyone else is right, RAW is incredibly formulaic.
>>
>>1219719
Wrestlemania is a draw in its own right now. It isn't a sign of success that WWE has stopped being must-see TV and they've become something that a million people watch once a year because a movie star is headlining.

WWE still hasn't had a non-Mania PPV outdraw Invasion '01.
>>
>>1219792
Self-aware and chill?

He's a degenerate who is on something, notice his slurry speech? That's not self-aware or chill at all.
>>
he just recorded a 3 hour interview with vince russo for his podcast, and russo said nash was drinking wine.

should be a great 2-3 podcast episodes.
>>
>pg is the reason wwe can't make good television

when will this meme end?
>>
>>1219463
Of course he's right. Pretty much all criticism of current WWE is correct. Everyone know it's trash in every way. There's not an aspect of it that can't be improved substantially by anyone with half a brain.
>>
>>1220884
Exactly. The only mystery about it is how a company can be that pathetic.

Also, if the problem is that there's no competition, a brand split wouldn't do anything. The kind of casual fans they have in the PG Era / now are dragging it all down with their hipster mentality and wrestling can't be as good as it was as long as they're still a big part of it. Competition doesn't matter to people who are satisfied with the same thing every week.
>>
>>1219478

Shh manlet
>>
>>1221030
>>1221039
This he's always drinking wine in one of his old shoots he had a wine whench who handed him new bottles
>>
>>1221247

I can't believe people still watch raw. A few clips on you tube is all you need. How can you have a 3 hour kids show that finishes at 11pm, I'm amazed they get as many as viewers as they do.

They should bring back Saturday Night Shotgun and have Kevin Nash host it in a bar and put it on at 11pm like he wants.
>>
I really can't stand to listen to Nash talk.
Everything he says is revisionist history and he always makes it so he looks good in a story.
>>
>>1219478
Punk mark detected
>>
>>1221220
>the premise is they beat each other up with some man drama

>perfect, lets rate it pg and direct it towards kids with no money

Or

>let's have a thing where people beat each other up and direct it towards older demographic who actually has money
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.