[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting wrestlers in real life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: paul-heyman[1].jpg (73 KB, 867x496) Image search: [Google]
paul-heyman[1].jpg
73 KB, 867x496
>See Paul Heyman at a grocery store in New York yesterday.
>Tell him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
>Heyman says, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
>Get taken aback, and all can say is “Huh?”
>He keeps cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.
>Walk away and continue with my shopping, >Hear him chuckle as I walk off.
>Go to pay for my stuff up front See him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
>The girl at the counter is very nice about it and professional, and is like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.”
>At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
>When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stops her and told her to scan them each individually
>He says “to prevent any electrical infetterence,”
>Don't even think that's a word, but he turns to me and winks.
>After she scans each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by pretending to answer one of his many cell phones.

Also general Superstar meet-n-greet stories?
>>
I've never met Paul Heyman, but I'd seriously believe it.

I met the Jeff Hardy once in a Wal-Mart in bumfuck North Carolina.
>>
Here's mine

>See Roman Reigns at a grocery store in New York yesterday.
>Tell him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
>Reigns says, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
>He keeps cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.
>Walk away and continue with my shopping,
>Hear him chuckle as I walk off.
>Go to pay for my stuff up front See him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
>The girl at the counter is very nice about it and professional, and is like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.”
>At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
>When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stops her and told her to scan them each individually
>After she scans each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by pretending to answer one of his many cell phones.
>>
>meet Paige at the club
>speaks in unintelligible chav talk
>we end up fucking later that night
>>
>>1363498
No doubt out buying toys for his daughters with Matt's hard earned money.
>>
>be in 5h grade
>Hulkamania running wild
>Anti drug school assembly
>Teacher says we have a special guest
>Mean gene steps up on stage
>BOYS AND GIRLS I GIVE YOU THE ONE AND ONLY HULK HOOOOGAN
>hulkster runs out from behind the curtain, poses
>Everyone freaks out
>Gives a speech about how drug users don't win world titles
>We all get to take pictures with him and hold the belt
>See him leaving at the end of the day with some guy in a suit
>I now realize it was Vince
>>
File: Roman_Reigns-confetti-sur.0[1].jpg (47 KB, 702x395) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns-confetti-sur.0[1].jpg
47 KB, 702x395
>>1363499
>Work PPV in New York yesterday
>Tell them how cool it was to be the champ, but I didn’t want to be a guy.
>Crowd chants, “This is boring”
>Get taken aback, and all can say is “This ain't boring”
>Crowd keeps cutting me off and going “WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?” and booing in my face.
>Walk away and continue with my match,
>Hear guys laugh in crowd as I enter through audience.
>Fan throws MITB briefcase at my head.
>The security is very calm and professional, and say "Sir, you need to leave the event.”
>At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually left.
>Opponents come out, each of the Wyatt Family members enter individually.
>He says “to prevent any "outside infetterence,”
>After each time I superman punch the crowd interrupts me by booing.

What am I doing wrong, /wwe/?
>>
>>1363506
Why would Vince go to an elementary school?
>>
Met Big Show and Kurt Angle in late 2005 when I was working graveyard shift at a Waffle House. Show ordered 2 All Star platters. Angle ordered a dozen egg whites. True story.
>>
>Be me, around 7-8 I guess?
>Go with Uncle and cousin to a house show at the Metro Center in Rockford, IL
>Seemed to be a decent show, I definitely remember having a blast
>Have to go to the restroom
>Go pee, make my way back to the aisles to sit again
>Get approached by a tall, beefy man in a white satin jacket on the way to my aisle
>Look up and see a blonde giant
>He says "Hey kid" and keeps walking
>Realize that it was Hulk Hogan
>Walk super-excitedly back to my seat
>Giddy as fuck for the rest of the night

Only time I've met a wrestler outside of the ring, unless you count a ROH house show at Chicago Ridge where Jay Lethal and Cliff Compton shmozzed their way through our part of the floor seating. Shit was awesome.
>>
>>1363518
Just 2? Doesn't really sound like much for Show.
>>
Late 90's Hollywood Hogan and Sting suppose to show up to my elementary school, Hogan doesn't make it but Sting still shows up. Sting didn't say much keeping his mysterious gimmick but still made sure to acknowledge his fans.
>>
>>1363522
You may be right, but this was back before Waffle House downsized the waffles and got cheap on the bacon and sausage, too. The waffles were like hubcaps back then. He ate it all in about 10 minutes. It was 1am.
>>
>>1363494
>>1363499
>>1363507
Is this a real thing?
>>
File: 1404245602756.jpg (32 KB, 412x352) Image search: [Google]
1404245602756.jpg
32 KB, 412x352
>>1363504
>>
>>1363494
more copy pasta. someone had the same story about edge then randy orton
>>
This story was originally about Ronald Reagan :\
>>
>>1363546
Holy shit 18+ you fucking newcuck
>>
>>1363573
This copypasta is years old
>>
>>1363507
nice
>>
>>1363583
I don't get it. Is it just that people share the same story with different people?

I just don't get what's funny about this meme.
>>
>>1365432
It's not supposed to be. It's was one of the first in the wave of ironic, funny because they're unfunny ironic shitposting memes.
>>
Kenny Dykstra and Mickie James trying to buy weed off my friends and I on George Street in St John's. Good time.
>>
I once met Shawn and Scott clearly blasted outta their minds in a 24 hour supermarket. Scott was trying to find some American candy in the confectionary isle and Shawn was lying down and screaming in the milk aisle. I guess HHH or Kevin or another member of the Kliq was grabbing their ride to pick them up, but it was weird seeing these 2 stars ( I think Shawn was champ, and razor was ic) just incredibly fucked up.
>>
>>1363494
I saw Becky in Dublin during the last European tour. Didn't approach her though
>>
>>1363494
Pls have sex
>>
met finn balor and albert on the street, maybe around finn's first takeover as champ (brooklyn, right?). marked out and started talking to them, told finn i loved his work in japan and told albert his japan stuff was great too. generally autistic looking back. we ended up walking in about the same direction, so i kept talking for a bit. probably was an asshole looking back. so they said they were almost at their stop and split off. being the marky mark i was, i stuck around the corner and checked where they went. they went into a bar, so i checked it out real fast. at the door, the bouncer had that fucking lisp and there were rainbows in the windows. that's when i realized finn and albert went to a fucking gay bar. went off back to my apartment after that, never really told it till now.
>>
>>1365432
Get the fuck off 4chan you newfag Jesus Christ no wonder this board is shit
>>
>>1363506
Hogan giving an anti-speech drug is some rich fucking irony.
>>
>>1363501

>btw i'm Alberto Del Rio
>>
>>1363581
Get worked mark
>>
>met Mick Foley at a comic convention
>spaghetti everywhere
>he forgot my name even though my name is literally the name that got him to the WWE.
>>
File: ctmpphpSHJreX.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ctmpphpSHJreX.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
RAW in Dallas last year
>we were supposed to be right behind the announcers
>Ticketmaster fucked up and gave us nosebleeds
>friend who payed for the tickets is understandably pissed as he is still paying full price.
>Ticketmaster rep manages to get price bumped down as well as get us gold parking.
>park in gold parking area
>making our way to the arena
>pass a black guy smoking a cigarillo on the entrance ramp
>only catch him out of the corner of our eyes
>get outside the garage
"Was that Ron Simmons?"
>turn around just in time to see him stomping out his cig
>he just kind of smirks and gives us a wave as he walks off
AMD yes he was on the show that night and he did say "DAMN" after the new age outlaws kicked the shit out of the ascension
>>
File: 1459467091411.jpg (32 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
1459467091411.jpg
32 KB, 600x593
>>1363506
>>
File: download (12).jpg (11 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
11 KB, 261x193
>>1365463
>>
>>1365550
It's been rumor that Finn prefers the skin flute
>>
Fucking /asp/ is full of redditors and newfags I knew it. Probably vocal Roman haters as well. Fuck off
>>
I met Hacksaw, Hugh Morris, Billy Gunn, and Kevin Nash over the years, all were really cool
>>
I met Scott Steiner at his restaurant
Couldn't stop calling Hulk Hogans daughter a cunt
>>
>>1365432
LOOKS LIKE SUMMERS HERE.

/meme
>>
Met Booker before one of his ROW tapings, dude was in a shitty white tshirt and sweats.
Came up to us and asked us are we excited to see the show. Roommate unloaded spaghetti as I mark out about Marcellus Black.
Then gets on a hoverboard and rolls off into the parking lot never to be seen from again until the end of the show.
>>
>>1365899
Based Big Poppa Smurf.
>>
>>1363506
Why would Vince come to your school and pretend to be Hulk Hogan though?
>>
>>1363494
I heard that story once with CM punk
is this a meme?
>>
only experience I have seeing wrestlers outside a show was once in the backlot of Universal I saw some guys in the TNA ring rehearsing something

I didn't see who they were though, it was back in 2010
>>
>>1366361
Yes, an antique copypasta used by /tv/. However some of /asp/ copypasta is brilliant too, like the WWE2k17 four horsewomen one.
>>
>>1366164
>See him leaving at the end of the day with some guy in a suit
>I now realize it was Vince
Keep reading it until you get it.
>>
>>1366377
>/tv/

Oh my god the newfaggotry hurts. Fuck this place and fuck the Roman haters.
>>
One time I saw sasha banks and charlotte having a picnic together in a filed near a farm. I would have gone and said hello but the area was fenced off so I figure I'd leave them be. Pretty sure they were vegetarians based off what they were eating.
>>
I saw Baron Corbin at a hair restoration clinic. He had less then than now.
>>
I met John Cena back in 2006 at a CD signing when he released that rap album. His hands were soft like butter and he smelled like fresh laundry and rich people.
>>
>>1366981
Did he speak in his wigger voice outside the ring as well?
>>
>>1366982
Nah he was speaking normally
>>
>>1365450
D-Lo Brown tried to buy weed off me after an ROH event in Toronto.
>>
i met ric flair at an autograph signing. i wasn't sure if he would be a dick or not. my friend and I are like the 1st in line to meet him. my friend, says he's gonna ask flair to go WOOOO! I say "do you know how many times a day that guy probably gets asked to do that, if I were him i'd be over it by now and be annoyed". so my friend goes to him they talk for a minute then i hear "WOOOOOOO!"....then over the course of about an hour i hear "WOOOOOOO!" over a hundred times. changed my perception of flair...he's great and appreciates his fans.
>>
>>1363494

I met Lita at Ozzfest in 2002. I couldn't believe how completely acne scarred her face was.
>>
>>1363499
>See Mick Foley at a grocery store in New York yesterday.
>Reigns says, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
>Walk away and continue with my shopping,
>Hear him chuckle as I walk off.
>>
>>1363494
I met Roddy Piper at a convention many years ago in NY. He was like my buddy, it was really surreal. He was my favorite wrestler growing so I had plenty of fun questions which we got to laughing about. I'll miss that guy...

Met John Cena during his first US champion run after a house show. We talked about Rocky movies and Star Wars for some odd reason... Over all meeting John has made me realize what a hard worker he is and how much he lives for wrestling.

Last one, I saw Matt Hardy at a gas station outside of Cincinnati. He was wearing one of his own shirts too... I wasn't a fan so I just kinda chuckled and didn't bother.
>>
I got Chris Masters' autograph at a convention last year.

He seemed like a cool dude.
>>
>>1363494
I met Edge once years ago. He was nice, but it might have been because i was a kid
>>
>>1363541
Waffle House draws wrestlers. Look for the story of Randy Savage's rampage in one.
>>
I bought Mick Foley a beer once.

Guy's got screws loose, but if he didn't nobody would remember him.
>>
I meet a lot of wrestlers through the years,mostly at work and sometimes other environments.

-M.Henry,Kane and Big Show are class act.
-Lilian and Nattie are lovely.
-Punk is less a jerk and more antisocial.He is ok.
-ADR is cool in person.I feel bad is not translating well in TV.

Living in Japan interacted with a few Puro and Joshi.

No bad experiences in general.
>>
Ric fliar in countless places in Charlotte. Ric and lex lugar at beer store. AA at Quincy's. Ron Garvin at shoneys. They all hung out in the NWA days
>>
Saw RVD at an airport years ago. He looked jetlagged to fuck so I didn't wanna bother the guy. As soon as he glanced over in my general direction I did the "Rob Van Dam" thumb pointing thing. He smiled and waved.
>>
I came here to look for a skiing thread. I'm not really into wrestling, but a friend of mine is and he pointed out Scott Steiner in a restaurant. This would have been 1998.

Genuinely one of the nicest people I've met. Sat and talked for a good few hours with us when he had finished his food (he was alone), gave us some tickets to a WCW show and said that he hoped we would enjoy it.
>>
Saw Vince Russo at a goodwill in Colorado about a month ago. Didn't approach him though.
>>
>>1372829
>'jetlagged'
>>
>>1363517
To finish his grades.
>>
>>1372824
>See Ric Flair at a grocery store in New York yesterday.
>Flair says, “WOOOOOOOOO”
>He keeps cutting me off and going “WOO WOO FAT BOY” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.
>Walk away and continue with my shopping, >Hear him chuckle as I walk off.
>He says “WOOOOOO,”
>>
> go to friend's bachelor party in NYC
> go to strip club
> take piss and hear very familiar voice talking to bathroom attendent
> it's JB from TNA IMPACT
> "oh fuck what's up man. crazy to see you here."
> JB invites me to go to VIP corner with him
> get lap dances next to Bubba Ray Dudley, Eric Young, JB, and Abyss
> Buy two lap dances but don't want to buy anymore because I paid like $150 in 10 minutes
> read menu until I leave silently.
> wake up in the morning wondering WTF happened hungover regretting having to go to a yankees game in 100 degree NYC weather
>>
>>1363494

A co-worker of mine met a bunch of dudes in the airport today. I'm mad I haven't gotten the chance to see any one of them, and missed out. Hearing him gush about Styles makes my day though, because when they chop it up the dude is real cool about things and speaks with enthusiasm.

I want AJ Styles to be cool with me too, dammit.
>>
>saw Mark Henry at a dairy queen
>didn't know if it was right to ask for an autograph
>didn't have a pen on me anyways
>decide to ask for a handshake
>go up to him
>stunned at the sheer size of the man once he stood up
>ask if I can shake his hand, saying I'm a big fan of his work
>''thank you''
>shakes my hand

The dude was nice but damn that motherfucker is big, I felt like I was standing under a skyscraper.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.