[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HE FUCKING DID IT BOYS THE PHENOMENAL VS THE BIG DOG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12
File: AJ STYLES.jpg (12 KB, 236x259) Image search: [Google]
AJ STYLES.jpg
12 KB, 236x259
HE FUCKING DID IT BOYS

THE PHENOMENAL VS THE BIG DOG
>>
>but he was buried by Y2J at Mania!
>>
please have sex
>>
Gonna get eaten by Reigns
>>
>>1161897
If he wasn't then, he will now.
>>
>>1161884
So are they turning Reigns heel?
>>
Now watch smarks lie to themselves that he's going to win.
>>
>>1161936
I guess so
>>
>>1161911
>>1161926
>BEING THIS UPSET

I'M SURE HE'S JUST HAPPY THAT HE GETS THE CHACNE TO WIN THE TITLE
>>
>>1161884
Take the dirt-bike gloves off and re-style the 2005 emofag hair, please.

>country-boy closethomos in charge of pakaging
>>
>>1161884
>You were wrong about one thing Reigns
>Thinking that I was going to play fair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmzY7XPl_ww
>>
>>1161984
AJ isn't a fucking mark like you
>>
>Ryback jobs to Mark Henry at WM29
>Ryback is #1 contender at Extreme Rules
>Kane jobs to Shield at WM30
>Kane is #1 contender at Extreme Rules
>AJ jobs to Jericho at WM32
>AJ is #1 contender at Payback

why is this so common?
>>
>>1163271
Did you not see how happyhe was after winning? He even hugged jillian

Dumb nigger poster
>>
File: soon.png (124 KB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
124 KB, 420x237
>>1161911
This. Now begins the next batch of guys pushed just to make Roman look strong.

>Oh Roman-senpai, your muscles are so average and your hair is so wet...
>>
>it will be Bryan vs Reigns 2 : Electric Boogaloo
>AJ will shake Romans hand after not kicking out of 1 (one) spear
>>
>>1163280
Reigns (c) v Nakamura main event PPV when?
>>
>>1161897
>he thinks wins and losses matter
>>
>>1163289
Night of Champions

Roman blows him the fuck out and Suzuki Nakywaky shakes his hand and gives him a deep bow
>>
>>1161936
Seemed like they want him as a tweener but I don't think he has enough skill and charm to pull it off. A disinterested, anti smark heel would be perfect. At least that's the vibe I got from his RAW appearance.

Also, happy for The Gay Community desu
>>
File: jerigodw.png (16 KB, 620x208) Image search: [Google]
jerigodw.png
16 KB, 620x208
Y2GOD should have won
>>
>>1163272
You're acting like AJ got squashed or something. Jericho didn't even win clean, and it was at a point where AJ was literally one move away from the win. Comparing that to the Kane situation, which made absolutely no sense considering the absolute squashing he took at Mania, would be stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 900x506
>>1163298
>Jericho didn't even win clean
>>
>>1163280
>Roman-san, I want title match
>"What?"
>Roman-san, I want a match for your WWE World Heavyweight Championship
>"Say again Sammy?"
>Misutah Roman, I want you and me for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on Pay Puh Byoo
>"Come on Sammy, this isn't Comedy Central"
>>
>aj didnt even get a good pop at mania

kek, that theme song is killing him. such a bad entrance song
>>
>>1163296
Jericho literally said that he buried AJ at WM

lmao
>>
>>1163306
The only bad parts are the lyrics lmao
>>
File: Y2GOAT.png (1 MB, 1133x605) Image search: [Google]
Y2GOAT.png
1 MB, 1133x605
>G.O.A.T on his trunks

Y2GOAT
JERIGOAT
>>
>>1163301
Maybe they botched the spot a bit, but Jericho pulled the ref to make AJ hesitate, which is a pretty heelish tactic by my count.
>>
>>1163317
I think most people would agree chris jericho won clean
>>
>>1163317
Pretty sure no one even noticed that, I sure as hell didn't
>>
File: 1435368836927.webm (3 MB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1435368836927.webm
3 MB, 500x382
>>1163317
>codebreaking someone then pinning them isn't clean
>>
>>1163324
Cole made a point about it after the match, so it was at least supposed to have been a factor.
>>
>>1163298
>Jericho didn't even win clean
>>
>>1163327
Thats what i love about him.
Even if he ore his opponent botch he use it to do something with it.
Like he did when Neville got injured.
Two other guys who are able of that are Bubba and Miz.
>>
Jesus AJ has been with the company a couple of months and he's in the WHC picture already. Maybe he jobs to Roman maybe he doesn't. But can't people be happy he's being elevated? Also, who knows the Balor Club is coming sooner or later and maybe they want AJ to hold the strap for that.
>>
>>1163443
Rumor is Roman holds til Summerslam.

Make of that what you will. I think everybody is pretty pleased that AJ is in the main event as we'd hoped and now he's in the title picture.

It's just that you just KNOW he's gonna lose. Where's the excitement in that? And if he does win it'll be via DQ and be meaningless.

I want to be happy about this, in fact I am now, that fatal four way was fucking great. But once the show was over the reality sets in.
>>
>>1163443
Everyone with a brain knows that Wrestlemania champions hold their title for a while and anyone in the way save for the briefcase is just a pushover
>>
>>1163443
Stop marking bro.
What have u expected?
They give him a contract, biggest free agent in the world, for a whole bunch of money, just to fued with old Y2J?
It was a test run, to see if he can adapt and how the fans react.
Jarico some kind of took him under his wing.
>>
Why does everyone think this match will be PPV? They never said that.

I bet AJ loses clean on RAW next week and then Triple H comes out and growls about his rematch.
>>
File: 1.png (1 MB, 1241x725) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 1241x725
>a boring plate change is more important than any of GAY COMMUNITY's segments

AJUST
>>
>>1163447
Triple H lost it to Randy Orton the very next ppv.
>>
>>1163479
uh...

the Reigns, Styles, Jericho, Owens and Zayn segment has more views..
>>
>>1163307
idk why heels don't use that word to their advantage, you could work even the geekiest of smarks into a shoot by saying buried.
>>
>>1161911
Gonna have a solid match that's interrupted by Seth or y2j at next ppv
>>
I don't care for how they flaunt getting a WWE title X number of times.

You got the WWE Title 14 times? Okay. You lost it 14 times though.
>>
Did they lower the volume of the crowd mics at the end of RAW last night? It sounded dead as fuck when AJ won
>>
>>1163506
250k+ people tuned out when Roman wasn't on it
>>
>>1163526

Smarky Smarks wanted Cesaro or Fatass to win.
>>
>>1163526
What were you watching? The crowd took it great
>>
>>1163512
But Roman seems to be playing the Heel.
Why would another Heel interfere on behalf of the Face that's booked weaker?
Roman's just gonna win clean.
>>
>>1163526
No I don't think so.

But the during the Roman segment yes. And I'm not saying this to be all 'fuck roman', it's just what I heard, or moreso what I didn't hear.
>>
>>1163582
To start a Roman/Seth fued, which everyone wants. Other than that yeah you're right it wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>1163593
Actually, if Seth came in, screwed him out of the title and began a personal feud, I'd dig it.
Seth would get over as a Face against Roman and we'd get a really interesting AJ reign. Pulling the belt away from Roman/Seth, who have been a little too involved as of late and could use some time away.
Only issue is that would cut Roman's Reign much shorter than they'd like. I can see something like that happening, but not yet.
>>
File: AJ_Styles_q822ln9i_gt1jqet6.jpg (100 KB, 950x538) Image search: [Google]
AJ_Styles_q822ln9i_gt1jqet6.jpg
100 KB, 950x538
>implying they didn't plan roman vs gay community from the start
>>
>>1163600
>the camerawork during Royal Rumble

KEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>1163327
Those were the times
>>
>>1161884
I hope you realise Reigns will keep the title at least until at least Summerslam.
>>
>>1163272
Filler PPV for babyface to win clean.
>>
>>1163600
This could be a great chance to start a feud between those 2 and make Roman get some character

>WHY DO THEY LOVE YOU STYLES?
>I HAVE BEEN HERE DYING IN THE RING FOR YEARS, BUT YOU, A NEWCOMER, WHY THEY LOVE YOU?

cue to roman crying
>>
>>1163444
But at least he's in the picture. Audibles happen all the time so you never know. Maybe someone finally got in Vince's ear and said he has to stop shoving people down the fans throats and that the days of telling fans who the stars should be are over. AJ is going to get his time with the strap, just like people know Dean will get it sooner or later. And who knows maybe we'll get AJ against Seth this year.
>>
>>1163679
With how much they paid to get AJ, I think they'd be fucking retarded not to use him to get over and be a top guy. He'll get a run for sure. I just personally don't think it's now.

Regardless, the fatal four way had me think: it'd be pretty goddamn awesome to see those 4 guys fighting over the title at once. Put AJ against any of them and it's a quality match.
>>
>>1163678
That would work pretty well, actually. Even as I was reading that – completely knowing it was a pitch for a storyline – I was thinking "that's retarded, AJ has been competing all over the world much longer than Roman, it wouldn't work".
That level of separation and dissonance is key for good Heel-work because the delusion makes them all the more cuntish.
A+ idea tbqh
>>
>>1163686
And think of the possibilities of AJ/Seth when Seth is back. Nakamura when he comes up. Hell Sammy and Aj would probably have a hell if a match.
>>
>>1163691
AJ and Sami would be my most highly anticipated match of those three
>>
Top 5 most protected finishers:

1. RKO
2. Popup powerbomb
3. Spear
4. Red Arrow
5. Knockout punch
THE
>>
>>1163513
I guess the idea behind it is the fact that someone who is a 14 time champion managed to be relevant enough to get into the title picture a shitload of times
>>
>>1163702
RKO and Pop-up are the only two of those that have been kicked out of.
And the RKO has been kicked out of a LOT more.

Joint 1st. KO Punch/Spear (KO Punch has probably been kicked out of a few more times but is usually painted as more devastating. Evens it out)
3. Red Arrow (Never kicked out of but Mark Henry near no-sold it that one time)
4. Poppa
5. RKO
>>
>>1163702
> RKO

Who hasn't kicked out of this?

BMJ is the only person to kick out of the Neutraliser in almost 5 years
>>
>>1163706
>RKO and Pop-up are the only two of those that have been kicked out of.

Meant to add "that much" on the end.
>>
>>1163702
>popover powerbomb
didnt aj AND jericho kick out of it yesterday?
>>
>that guy in the crowd with the sign
DON'T MUTEOUR VOICES
WE PAY FOR THIS

Then don't pay idiot
>>
>>1161884
looks like a moody southern teenager
>>
>>1163292
They kind of do.
It's why non smarks don't like the Wyatts. We're not threatened by them because they constantly lose.
>I'm so afraid of the Wyatt family, whose only feud they won between WM31 and 32 was Ryback who immediately won the IC title after losing to Bray
The Wyatts need a literal year of being undefeated before anyone even thinks of them as anything more than bearded jobbers
>>
>>1161936
AJ is going heel they'll set it up like in NJPW where he botched a move and injured someone it'll be Jericho, first AJ said it was an accident then the second time he admits it was on purpose then Balor Club arrives to help him beat Ramen.
>>
>>1163292
If Wins & Losses don't matter, how come Reigns has N - E - V - E - R lost a singles match clean?
>>
>>1163747
How would threatening to break Roman's neck make AJ heel?
>>
>>1163747
>He thinks the Styles Clash is still kayfabe the most dangerous move

Jericho literally kicked out of it. It's dead in WWE.
>>
>>1163746
>>1163749
Wins and losses matter, but only to a point.
If a talent is good, they can get crowds invested, and they can easily recover from a string of losses by making good use of proper booking and getting fans invested in them, again.
>>
>>1163884
> proper booking

You mean like...WINNING?
>>
File: lJOeSIG.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
lJOeSIG.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>mfw i cum and she's still sucking
>>
>>1163892
Not necessarily, no.
Just proper booking that involves the audience, fits the character and gives them the good meat of a story to work with.
>>
>>1163774
It also killed Jericho dead in the 4-way last night. They'll probably make it into something akin to the Codebreaker: both a killshot and a nearfall signature depending on what's convenient at the time.
>>
>>1164191
Should be the finisher. But whatever, right now its at a 50% success rate of putting away someone.

Time will tell if it's a pin-worthy move. Even though TNA and NJPW history has proven it to be a killer move. They made a gimmick out of him breaking necks ffs.
>>
File: IDXlHC6k.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IDXlHC6k.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
Should i buy tickets no? or wait?

Right now they are around 200$ or more. I want to buy 3 tickets, but thats a bit too much for me right now.

Will the price go down? go up? or ran out?
>>
>>1164219
BREAKING NECKS
CASHING CHECKS
>>
>>1164223
Hope you enjoy Roman looking strong in the main event
>>
>>1163730
Last night's pop-up powerbomb got interfered, AJ didn't kick out. Jericho reversed it IIRC.

In 1 vs 1, if KO lands the Pop-Up Powerbomb, it wins every time.

>>1163702
RKO hasn't been protected in a while. You forgot Big E's Big Ending too.
>>
>>1164232

He wont be any main event ever. Even WWE knows everybody hates him.
>>
>>1164253
That's why they put the strap on him 3 times already

:^)
>>
File: stylesbulletclub.jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
stylesbulletclub.jpg
50 KB, 500x333
>>1163270
ROUND 2 BAYBAY
>>
>>1164284
Please have Finn join AJ, Gallows and Anderson.

It'd be fucking sweet.
>>
>>1164306
if it makes sense it probably won't happen
>>
>>1164312
That's the logic I go with when it comes to watching this show.

The best idea is the one they won't go with. Instead choose the second to last worst.
>>
>>1164284
YOU IN TROUBLE NOW REIGNS,
LEATHER JACKET HOODY HEEL STYLES = BEST STYLES
>>
THE GAY COMMUNITY?
>>
>>1163270
Thats what i would book when I have to play after Vinces rules. (Roman holding the title and staying face)
Styles vs Roman
Syles turning, BC members help him
Ambrose helps Reigns
Until summer waiting for A+
Bullet Club vs Shield at Summerslam
>>
>>1164312
Finn & AJ simultaneously being in Bullet Club doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>1164284
>>1164306
I'd be okay with BC if the focus wasn't all on Finn. He's easily their most boring member.
I worry it will be, though
>>
>>1164242
Zayn kicked out of the Pop-Up Powerbomb at RIVAL
>>
>>1164326
Styles should never be a pure babyface, he should be a goofball or a heel, those fit him the most
>>
>>1164634
What? No. Styles is a born pure babyface.
>>
>>1164649
Meh, watching TNA, his best moments were as a redneck goofball or as a heel, best part of aces & eights. He just doesn't have that babyface charisma I think.
>>
>>1161884
Aj has no chance in hell of winning. He is just there to try and carry Roman to a decent match, then job to him.
>>
>>1161936
Seems like it. But Vince may not have the balls to pull the trigger.
>>
>>1164691
Yeah, all that overness he's had in the past few months doesn't count, right?
>>
>>1164223
Are they even actually on sale?
>>
>>1164845
Yes. Each ticket at more than 200$ bucks.

More expensive ones above 1K
>>
>Jobbed in the Royal Rumble
>Buried by Jericho
>Going to be buried by Reigns

Does Vince just want to shit on every ex TNA talent or something?
>>
>>1163451
If anything I can see HHH attacking AJ during their match so that people will boo him and try to get the fans on Romans side
>>
>>1164760
Well the people who were cheering for him consisted mostly of smarks knowing him from NJPW or TNA. In less smarky crowds they wouldn't even chant his name while he started the chant HIMSELF. Think about that, what babyface starts chanting his own name only to be met with silence? Let him talk about pokemon or wield a chainsaw while cursing for fucks sake
>>
>>1164911
>Buried
>Only loss to Jericho was at Wrestlemania
>Literally beat Jericho every other time and made him eat the pin in the Fatal 4 Way

Every time I come here I become more of an Anti-Smark day by day because you fucks are just so obnoxious. I swear to God the best thing WWE could do at this point is to put the Women's Title on Eva Marie and have her and Reigns form a power couple. Literally just for the pure heat
>>
>>1165100
He lost to Jerishill on Smackdown as well
>>
>>1165103
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smackdown
>mattering

*deep breath*
BOI
>>
>lose to Jericho at Wrestlemania
>become the 1 Contender next week

Fuck this crappy writing. WWE needs new writers
>>
>>1165158
>people think 2000 WCW was worse than WWE today

At least WCW didn't have Lash LeRoux lose to Kanyon at a PPV and then get a title shot at Goldberg the next night on Nitro

It's cool tho guys keep justifying the literal worst wrestling product in history
>>
>>1164911
>Buys the WCW and ECW
>All their talent is now HIS talent
>Buries every single last one of them for no reason

Yeah, I wonder if he'll do that to the TNA guys...
>>
>actually listen to his song's lyrics
>it's about him being a redneck
>>
>>1164223
Just wait until the day of the show and tickets will be DIRT cheap.
>>
This is literally John Cena squashing all the ECW guys all over again.

Ramen Rings is now going to shit on all the "indie darlings" so Vince/HHH/WWE can make a statement to the smarks again.

Expect him to squash Styles, Sami, KO, etc., over the next few months.
>>
You know what I thought was really cool from a storytelling perspective? So Styles has done a Styles Clash a couple times before in the WWE, but to no pins. Not only does he fail to pin after a Styles Clash, but then loses to Jericho at WM. But when he does a Styles Clash on Jericho AND pins him on the RAWAfterMania, rather than the Wrestlemania thing being a burial for him, instead he grew as a character from that point. Within Kayfabe, the AJ Styles that is now #1 contender is much more powerful than the AJ Styles that came into the company, much more powerful than the AJ Styles that lost to Jericho at Mania. Granted unfortunately, that Reigns is going to wreck his shit at Extreme Rules, but for what it's worth they have built Styles pretty well and he's also among the most over babyfaces in the company at the moment.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.