[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bjj memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: bjj_memes.jpg (108 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
bjj_memes.jpg
108 KB, 600x448
>"How much do you weigh?"
>"...I'm just recovering from [blah] injury just so ya know."
>"[insert excuse to avoid rolling with you]"
>>
BJJ? More like BMJ.
>>
>>769015
BJJ? more like BJgay
>>
>get my neck broken
>have lasting nerve damage
>stop doing martial arts for over 2 years while I recover
>feeling good enough to start again
>bjj/judo place on my way home from work
>stop in to check the place out
>purple belt running the class
>tell him I am recovering from a serious injury and want to see if I am well enough to do things again
>he glosses over it "yeah well that stuff happens, like this guy over here"
>points to a blue belt walking around on crutches

I don't want to go there. I had legitimate concerns and he disregarded them like broken necks are just a day at the office.
>>
>>769015
Been grappling for like 4-5 years, never heard anything like that.

Some of those little guys are tricky and fast as fuck. Their tiny limbs also tend to fit through spaces (weakness in your structure) that bigger guys' limbs wouldn't fit.
>>
File: 1424926676808.jpg (197 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1424926676808.jpg
197 KB, 600x709
>>769059

I've had issues regarding to safety within martial arts or any sort of psychical contact sport. There's been some teachers that really just don't give a shit. I usually leave the club because I feel they don't have enough experience/aren't right for the job to be teaching the class, his number one priority should be making sure his students feel comfortable in a pretty aggressive (sometimes) environment.

Watch out for shifty teachers, there's a lot of idiots out there who don't know how to look after you and will probably cause you more damage than you're thinking you will take.
>>
>>769015
Second day in my BJJ class about 3 weeks ago I got kneed in the face. Deviated septum. Kept rolling. Next class was two days later.

>Hey I got a deviated septum last class lets take it a little slow
>No problem

Yesterday I got kneed in the face again. The tip of my nose feels lose and there's a little cracking. No noticeable deformities and no pain.

People are generally pretty good about injuries at my gym it seems. But unless it's like a broken leg or a ringworm people tend to not be little bitches and just roll even if they take it a little easy.

Nothing wrong with working fundamentals.
>>
>tfw practising a takedown on my partner
>keep messing it up such that my knee remains in the way as he comes down
>accidentally bring down his crotch onto my knee. Several times
:x

Also,

>second ever class
>practising drill with blue belt
>move from front guard to have his face in my butt
>all these protein shakes approaching
>fart directly into his face, into his breathing organs
>immediately jump off him in embarrassment
>fart again loudly on the ground
>he laughs "ooh getting excited are we?"
:x
>>
>>777280
>>"ooh getting excited are we?"
kek
>>
File: BJJ Practitioners.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
BJJ Practitioners.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>>777294
>/v/ posters
>>
>>769015
>yeah, well, [martial art] is defenseless against BJJ, just look at MMA fights!
>>
>>769059
Sorry buddy but this isn't the first time I've read that story on here. Please don't make shit up. And if you were the original poster the first time this was posted, please comment so in your post.
>>
>>776035
Was it the same dude who kneed you both times?
>>
File: image_crop.jpg (18 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
image_crop.jpg
18 KB, 200x300
Hey what's going on in here?
>>
>be doing bjj on and off for about 6 years
>blue belt
>in that time i've had each thumb broken, broken left pinkie, both wrists fucked, both elbows fucked from armbars, both knees fucked, right shoulder fucked, and my lower back is fucked too, might be a slipped disc or something, i've never gotten it checked. gonna have perma back problems i think

i love it
>>
>>777332
thats why people train UFC instead
>>
>>777332
That's right though
>>
>>777351
>if you were the original poster the first time this was posted, please comment so in your post
what a strange request

I dont even remember if I told that story here before
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.