[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What gimmick will he be saddled with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14
What gimmick will he be saddled with?
>>
File: chinese.jpg (51 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
51 KB, 300x420
>>1154120

>If Vince could get away with it.
>>
He'll be Yoshi Tatsu 2.0 and will be a mid carder
>>
Balor club if they have it.
>>
>>1154143
This.

Same as Aj Styles.
>>
>>1154120
He will replace Dean as le wacky lunatic.
>>
>>1154135
Nakamura will play a white guy playing a stereotypical Asian guy? Kerwin White 2.0
>>
>>1154120
I think everyone in creative knows that if they fuck up with Nakamura, they'll be slaughtered. He'll be okay if they just let him be fucking Shinsuke
>>
>>1154120
Put him on commentary while speaking broken engrish.
>>
He'll be HBK 2.0. You know, a repressed homosexual who Vince sexually abuses.
>>
>>1154237
>creative responsible for getting a talent over
lol
>>
>>1154279
I didn't say getting him over, I just said they know better than to make him a fighting Monk or something
>>
>>1154266
No way
Shinskay can actually sell
>>
>>1154291
> fighting monk
That would be based
>>
Sushi chef
>>
File: Hakushi.jpg (24 KB, 350x316) Image search: [Google]
Hakushi.jpg
24 KB, 350x316
>>1154325
Been done.
>>
>>1154120
Hopefully they just let him do his own thing.
I already saw some "Strong Style" t-shirts.
If they were smart they'd push strong style to be some kind of forbidden technique, and thus making him a threat. But that's just my amateur opinion.
>>
>>1154456
they're going to let him do his own thing, that's obvious

the issue is whether they treat him like an actual threat beyond his initial 3 months on the main roster.
>>
>>1154462
Is Nakamura even the type of guy who can work with anyone? I mean, I can't really see a match between him and someone that doesn't somewhat resemble his style being very good.

Like, how would Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kane play out?
>>
Gay hairdresser
>>
>>1154471
lots of jump kicks and michael jacksoning after dodging grabs
>>
He will be a ninja Michael Jackson.
>>
>literally more charisma than anyone in the entire WWE
>literally the best match of wrestlemania weekend
>literally the biggest pop of wrestlemania weekend
>nakamura chants in the wrestlemania main event
>still thinking he'll be repackaged

Idiots.
>>
>>1154471
Absolutely. He's a fucking ring general.

Strong style probably works best when both guys go in for it, but it mixes really well with big guys like Kane, or fucking lucha, or anything. Nakamura has his offense, they will have theirs.
>>
>>1154471
>Like, how would Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kane play out?

Probably similar to a Nakamura vs Bad Luck Fake match.
>>
File: wink.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wink.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>1154534
I fucking love Nakamura.

Like a rockstar mixed with an autistic psychopathic killer
>>
>>1154471
Nakamura's a monster in the ring, I'd imagine you'll put him in with guys and he'll bring the absolute best out of them, kinda like Bryan did.
>>
>>1154534

I absolutely love him. As the power above said, he's got rock star attitude but with something "off" about him that makes him totally crazy, not in a Deanetty retarded way.

But, why does he wear the mouth guard? Part of his gimmick or he really wants it for protection?

Cause it looks retarded.
>>
>>1154553
probably wears it in case his opponents try to match his style and get carried away
>>
>>1154553
protection. gotta protect that million dollar smile after taking all those stiff kicks to the face in Japan
>>
>>1154553
Probably actually wants protection since I bet he likes guys matching his style

also he can chew on them and look weird and crazy and
>>
>>1154553
It's due to his MMA background, he was briefly a shoot fighter.

The "Lunatic" shit around Ambrose is so fucking frustrating. He doesn't act like he's crazy, or cut crazy promos, it's just JBL and Cole who repeat those lines again and again.
>>
File: 1453430496609.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453430496609.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>1154487
>>
>>1154553
I don't know, I think it adds to the style, you know a guy is in for some serious shit when he shows up protecting his teeth.
>>
>>1154534
He looks like he's about to have so much fun.
>>
>>1154568
>The "Lunatic" shit around Ambrose is so fucking frustrating

He's a CZW guy on the WWE. His brand of craziness is full on masochist suicidal shit, and that will NOT fly on the E. He's like a pyromaniac underwater.
>>
>>1154568

Shinsuke looks crazier than Dean does just with one wink, despite all Dean's wacky faces and goo jokes.
>>
>>1154553
>But, why does he wear the mouth guard?
More merch sales
>>
File: nxt.webm (3 MB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
nxt.webm
3 MB, 852x478
>>
>>1154601
So his shtick is being stiff without being too stiff?
>>
>>1154553
>why does he wear the mouth guard? Part of his gimmick or he really wants it for protection?

Don't mouthguards help minimize the risk of concussions? I'd wear one too considering how stiff they work in Japan.
>>
>>1154592
See >>1154586, Ambrose's gimmick isn't even being insane, maybe just a bit of a weirdo who is very violent and gives no fucks.

That said, Nakamura's gimmick isn't being insane either. I don't even know how to describe it. Someone said Oldboy meets Michael Jackson once, I'll go with that, though his mannerisms are more Jagger or Iggy Pop.
>>
File: bomaye.gif (2 MB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
bomaye.gif
2 MB, 500x288
>>1154627
>being stiff without being too stiff?

Uh, sure.
>>
>>1154635
>>1154553
> concussions
Maybe it helps stop his teeth from getting knocked out
Dumb cunts
>>
>>1154667
it reduces risk of heart disease
>>
>>1154667
>Many variables contribute to MTBI/concussion injuries, and mouthguards -- whose primary function is protecting the teeth -- cannot completely prevent them from occurring. Previous studies have theorized that mouthguards can reduce concussion risk, however, because they help absorb shock, stabilize the head and neck, and limit movement caused by a direct hit to the jaw.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140501101133.htm
>>
>>1154120
Higher power of the Social Outcasts
>>
File: Untitled.png (221 KB, 505x499) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
221 KB, 505x499
They're already selling these which is a good sign.

Hopefully they'll be smart enough to give him the gimmick he already has, a weird as fuck foreigner with tons of ability and charisma and a style you've never really seen in the WWE. All that matters is booking. He'll make anything work in the ring but you have to give him something first.
>>
he doesn't even need to talk or get on the mic imo
>>
>>1154120
I think his gimmick should be the Japanese Pootie Tang. Never speaks, only mimics, but we all understand him.
>>
File: nakaw.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nakaw.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>1154720
He's not bad saying a few words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmQecjnT18

They have him speaking English, however, in some of the behind the scenes stuff talking to trainers and he speaks quite well, save for the accent.
>>
>>1154731

He's fluent in English. That's one of the main reasons WWE brought him over.
>>
>>1154534
Shit body
>>
>>1154797
Well done outing yourself as faggot
>>
File: 1458944260807s.jpg (25 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1458944260807s.jpg
25 KB, 306x306
>>1154797
>it's a body mark
>>
>>1154797
Get your spank material elsewhere
>>
>>1154790
He is, but he's also wapanesey, as they all are. Being fluent in English and being able to confidently cut a promo in English are not the same thing
>>
>>1154120
Stroke victim/Asian retard
>>
Rice paddy farmer with an attitude
>>
WWE will discover the "swag" meme and jbl/cole will say swag every 5 seconds until smarks hate watching Nakamura so they can go ahead and bury him asap
>>
>>1154120
>smarks say his match was match of the year on nxt
>this wasn't even a 2/5 Match for based Shinsuke
>>
>>1154644
If the WWE were smart, they would essentially keep his gimmick, a japanese rocker that gives no fucks. Like HBk but with full on back up dancers and pyro.

He could start a "band" with other mid carders. Or get recruited by Shnae to take over the company and make it great again.

With Daniel Bryan retired, they need a feel good positive face.
>>
>>1155071
name some please. I've heard his match with AJ at WK10 was good, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet.
>>
>>1155097
Look up his match with Brock Lesnar.. or everything else he has done.

This NXT match was.. like a mid month RAW match to kill some time.
>>
>>1155108
Nah the Zayn match was pretty good even by Nakamura's standards. The story they told was great.
>>
>>1154144
FUCK OFF WITH THART SHITE
>>
>>1155145
It was weak, even for a Zayn Match.
>>
>>1155094
A western CHAOS would be great. Fuck, Toru Yano alone would instantly get over in WWE with his exact same gimmick.
>>
>>1155156
Bullshit, they had the crowd eating out of their hands, it was the main reason people wanted to see the show (ie it drew), its the match everyone has been talking about since, instantly cemented Nakamura as a style and told a compelling story from bell to bell, making both guys look like a hundred dollars.

By every possible definition it was a great match. You don't need to be contrarian about everything.
>>
>>1155097
Kota Ibushi vs Nakamura at WK9 is legitimately one of the best matches ever.

Also this Zayn match was really good.
>>
>>1155165
The crowd was hot for Nakamura because most of them where smarks who heard he is good.

Its ok, but i know what both of them are able to do. Remember that Owens vs Zayn match? They just let them do their thing and it turned out great.
>>
>>1154120
I hope they just bury him so all the wootists and people who take professional wrestling too seriously will be in fucking tears
>>
>>1155191
>Remember that Owens vs Zayn match?

That match was heavily, heavily scripted with loads of prepared spots and careful storytelling, like every big Zayn match.

As was this one.

Also the crowd was WHITE HOT at the start, then they brought them down, and worked them up into a frenzy multiple times to the point where the entire place was going insane by the end. For a debut match with no build up, no story other than "new guy faces the face of company in debut", I don't know what more you could possibly want.
>>
>>1155214
A proper build up.
Owens vs Zayn is a feud thats going on for what? 5 Years or so and im really exited to see it on raw for the next two months or so or even a year.
>>
>>1155224
But we are talking about the match, not the build up dummy.
>>
>>1155241
Your the one talking about the story in the match but not the build up which was like 'Yeah here is that new guy and you will fight him because you have nothing else to do'
>>
>>1155256
Exactly, it was a match that had no build up and they made the best of the situation you could possibly hope for.
>>
File: 1455340746458.jpg (24 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
1455340746458.jpg
24 KB, 525x481
>>1155108
Same guy who asked the question. I think Lesnar's Suplex City style/gimmick has been stale ever since he returned, so would I be disappointed with that match?

>>1155181
I'll check it out thanks
>>
ASIAN MAN WITH STROKE FACE
>>
File: STRONG.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
STRONG.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>1154534
STRONG STYLE
T
R
O
N
G

S
T
y
L
E
>>
>>1155214
People who went to NXT and WM all said Nakamura Zayn was the hotter crowd.

There was so much hype and they delivered.
>>
>>1155335
Watching it now for the third time, Nakamura's facial expressions are fucking 10/10.

Literally everything both of the guys do tells a story. When Zayn tosses Nakamura into the turnbuckle and then does his "come get some" pose right back at him, the way Nakamura rolls his eyes and recoils in almost a cringe, like "I can't believe he just did that", it's the exact moment he stops playing around and starts kicking the shit out of Zayn with his hard strikes.
>>
>>1155325
Wish they would have had a similar angle because the cameramen chose the first possible angle for the finish
>>
>>1154534
I watched this match b4 Wrestlemania

>tfw NXT was better than WWE
>>
>>1155325
I know the Bomaye was never consistently the same thing twice in a row, but this is legit a new finisher right?
>>
>>1154120
isn't wrestling "stiff" something that only assholes/noobs do?
>>
>>1155414
And Japanese people.

Some styles are more stiff than others. The stiffest popular style is STRONG STYLE, which Nakamura's gimmick even in japan was kind of based around.
>>
>>1155414
Or blind dudes aka Stan Hansen
>>
>>1154120
Hopefully nothing that isn't already there.
They were playing up his MMA background on commentary... while noting his personality quirks.
Which is what they should do. They should bring him in noting he is an old Japanese rival of Brock Lesnar (which is true).
Bring him is as a legit badass martial artist with a psycho side. It'll get over like fucking gangbusters.
>>
>>1155414
Usually most stiff matches have both competitors beforehand agreeing that's what they'll do to make the match more intense - i.e. Naka and Zayn or Bryan and Reigns

Then there's Bob Holly stiffing rookies which is retarded
>>
>>1154416
Found the gimmick. That or Taka Michinoku 2.0
>>
>>1155446
Gotta protect the bizniz
>>
>>1154487
No.
>>
>>1154646
>he thinks that's stiff
>>
>>1155390
It's the same movie, WWE just renamed it. It was called Bomaye because "Boma ye" means "Kill him" and it's what people chanted at Ali in his match against Foreman in Rumble in the Jungle.

WWE changed it to Kinshasa, which is the name of the city where Rumble in the Jungle took place, no idea why they would bother to change it, really.
>>
>>1154471
SS works great in WWE. It helped get Bryan over and he's a tiny little man while Nakamura is one of the tallest people on the roster.
>>
>>1154635
Yeah, that is why NFL players wear mouthguards, to keep the concussions away. Retard.
>>
>>1155483
Kinshasa is a cool name desu
>>
>>1155483
He didn't even hit him with the knee.

I know the story behind the change in name, but the Bomaye has always been a weird finisher, there is zero consistency to what it even is.
>>
>>1155165
>that's hard to do in NXT

Come on m8. Try a bit harder.
>>
>>1155399
i think he is going shin instead of knee
>>
>>1155494
Lance Storm was literally on a WO show with Alvarez talking about mouthguards helping reduce concussions. Its not an unknown concept, look it up on google, jackass.
>>
>>1155520
Because every crowd is always like that for every match, right?
>>
>>1155508
These kind of hard hitting strike moves never come out quite right, that's why I was never a fan of Bryan's knee finisher either.
>>
>>1155097

His matches against Ishii are the fucking best.
>>
>>1155575
Looks good with the low angle. I could see why that wouldn't work for Bryan though, since it would make him look really small.
>>
>>1155552
In NXT, pretty much, yes they are.
>>
>>1155543
>Random wrestler.
>Confirmed

OK pal.

Mouth guards are to protect teeth, not brains.
>>
>>1155325
That match looked like it was constructed straight out of NJPW
>>
>>1155679

Give me a reason why I shouldn't accept the word of a "random wrestler" on an issue of issue wrestling over some internet dipshit that knows nothing about anything?
>>
>>1155782
A wrestler isn't a doctor. Pretty simple m8. This isn't for a podcast is another reason. Mouth guards were standard in other sports for protecting teeth before anyone knew anything about concussions for 3rd.

Going to Dr. Of Thuganomics John Cena for surgery next?
>>
>>1155782
Also, finish school kiddo. It is pretty important
>>
A stroke victim gimmick. What's up with the fuckers face in every photo
>>
>>1154120
gay hairdresser.
Preferably Brutus the barber beefcake's japbaby son.
Kung fuBeefer
>>
File: DrWagnerJr.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DrWagnerJr.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>1157141
>A wrestler isn't a doctor.
>>
>>1155668
Why, it's almost like NXT doesn't tell its fans to go fuck themselves on a weekly basis or something
>>
>>1155300
Nakamura vs Lesnar happened in 2006, his suplex City thing has only been a thing the last two years
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.