[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firstly, I've been a women's wrestling fan all my life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
Firstly, I've been a women's wrestling fan all my life. I've watched wrestling since I was three years old (I'm twenty now) and my version of Rock/Austin was Lita/Trish. So I grew up through the weird semi-serious/semi-sexualized Divas Division, then to the awkward af PG era, and finally to the present where women's wrestling is seemingly gaining real traction in the WWE. After being a devoted fan for 17 years, I must say: fucking finally.

Also as a devoted fan for so long, having been way more emotionally invested in the Divas than was probably okay & having lived through each and ever five minute segment on a two to three hour show, I really want to clarify a couple of things.

I've noticed the most pervasive misconception that seems to be prevalent amongst fans is that the talent pool of women's wrestlers in the history of the Divas Division was horrendous. This is so far from the truth. Yes, you had your Kelly Kelly's and Maryse's, but even they weren't that bad.

Let's start with the Lita/Trish era. The talent pool then was Trish, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Jazz, Gail Kim, Ivory & Jacqueline in the Women's Championship picture on Raw. Stacy, Torrie, Nidia, Sable, Jackie Gayda & Dawn Marie were kept away from title (rightfully so, save for Nidia) and used to their strengths, most on Smackdown.
>>
>>1367152
tl:dr
>>
Torrie & Dawn's soap opera storyline was the highest rated part of Smackdown for eight months in 2002/2003. I know people will jump to the conclusion that "it's because they're hot lolz" but that's simply bullshit. The story, regardless of the one time Torrie & Dawn made out, was told week to week & enhanced by whatever work Torrie & Dawn did in the ring (which itself was solid). Torrie was a great girl next door babyface, and Dawn knew how to play her character perfectly. They worked hard & should be recognized for their contributions to the Ruthless Aggression Era instead of just being sexualized or clumped together with the very short lived 'Diva Search girls.' Regardless of how sexualized the women were, they were used to their strengths as workers & actually did a good job with what they were handed.

Back on Raw, the division was badass! The women's wrestling fans like myself that grew up during this time basically looking up to the Divas saw their five minute slots on a weekly Raw as the only part of the show that mattered (crazy, I know). The ability of the women during this time was not lost on us, and it's sad to think it could be lost on so many others simply because WWE presented the women as afterthoughts instead of legitimate athletes for so long.
>>
Divas needs to be sexy and good at the ring again.

They also need to be able to take moves from men again.

Victoria was the best woman wrestler around.
>>
>Check to see if it's pasta.

OP browses plebbit looking for things to post here.
>>
>>1367152
Fuck off back to wew
>>
File: Shawn-Johnson-Feet-1149299.jpg (522 KB, 1868x2749) Image search: [Google]
Shawn-Johnson-Feet-1149299.jpg
522 KB, 1868x2749
>>1367152
>>1367158
Tldr
>>
File: 1463447971948.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1463447971948.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>1367152
>>
File: autism.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
autism.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>1367152
>>
>>1367152
>my version of Rock/Austin was Lita/Trish
>emotionally invested in the Divas
>thinks the talent pool wasn't entirely horrible with a handful of exceptions

the thirst is real
>>
>>1367207
this 2bh. most were shit but I still had hope in them
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.