[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just caught the promo segment, so this has probably already been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: John-Cena-AJ-Styles.jpg (45 KB, 568x299) Image search: [Google]
John-Cena-AJ-Styles.jpg
45 KB, 568x299
Just caught the promo segment, so this has probably already been brought up, but...

AJ's "heel" promo
>Perfectly rational, objectively true arguments.

Cena's "face" promo
>Using WWE shit booking to make AJ look bad.

I started thinking this during HHH's entrance at Mania, you know, the one where everything Steph said was completely and unironically true, but WWE really has taken it's trolling of the fanbase to a creepy, meta level.
>>
>>1367050
>Using WWE shit booking to make AJ look bad.
Well AJ was using WWE's booking to make Cena look like a bad guy, so.
>>
cena's stance that 'the future comes through me' is kind of heelish and makes him look like a bitter veteran
>>
>>1367050
>AJ's "heel" promo
>>Perfectly rational, objectively true arguments.

Not really. They did the usual "sow seeds of truth in a self-abasing, smark-bait promo" that they do whenever a heavy IWC darling runs up against Cena. But, as always, they rooted it in firm Heelishness.
And Cena mostly just played the vanilla babyface advocate.
Sounds like you're just being worked into AJ's camp by Cena.
All said about the content, though, both guys played their roles excellently. I was really impressed with AJ on the mic.
>>
>>1367053
I'm pretty sure its established that Cena has buried more than his fair share of talent because he can. Wade Barett and all of the Nexus comes to mind. Then him fucking cryme tyme for JTG saying his partner was 'respectful and loyal' and 'hustled to get where they are'.

Like there are probably more but those two stick out in my mind the most.
>>
>>1367163
The only person he legitimately buried that I can think of is apparently A-Ri through politicking.
He didn't bury JTG, just got his glasses shafted off the merch racks.
And Nexus, well, he doesn't decide his fucking booking. He doesn't have the final say, and the biggest interjection he had into that matter seems to have been the DDT on concrete spot.
>>
>>1367050
>AJ's "heel" promo
>Perfectly rational, objectively true arguments.
It had the same arguments I've heard over and over again by the likes of Punk, Rollins, Owens and even Bryan. The one part that sunk it for me though was when he put all the weight of his feud on the Club. The whole "they're here to make sure you don't bury me" is so stupid. He's gonna bury all three then you dumbass.
>>
File: 1465362885227.gif (2 MB, 430x530) Image search: [Google]
1465362885227.gif
2 MB, 430x530
>If you can't even get through Roman Reigns, what makes you think you can take on me?

Based Cena. Promo of the year.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.