[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
actual /asp/ threa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Which_one_would_you_choose_1.jpg (138 KB, 590x419) Image search: [Google]
Which_one_would_you_choose_1.jpg
138 KB, 590x419
How'd training go yesterday? Two days ago?
Did you hit any sweet tricks down that three stair?
Nail anyone in the head while paintballing?
Catch any sweet waves?
Tap anybody out?
Rek anyone in sparring?
Hit a bullseye at 40 yards?
Anyone who actually trains, this is our thread. I miss you.
>>
I learnt a couple of defences and counters to a rear naked choke, which I think would be useful if I ever were to get into trouble of that kind (here's hoping I never do). Throwing someone over your shoulder is satisfying as fuck, but I need to improve my technique - I don't always get my hips below the opponent's, so I make it harder for myself and if they were really struggling they'd probably be able to escape.
It is krav maga and from what I've seen people like to take the piss, but it's a) free (I do it in uni society), b) enjoyable and c) good for you (every session involves cardio at the end, I'm skinny but unfit as fuck)
>>
>let's put all the old /asp/ communities in one containment thread like a bunch of beta's
perfectly fine with this desu.
>>
Spent this week in class doing a drill we call 4-corner.

It is where someone stands in the middle and people (usually 4) stand around that person.
They then one at a time at random doing random attacks that the person in the middle must defend against and counter, then finish.

I am sure that to some it sounds dumb or boring but it is a lot of fun and is a great way to review stuff, practice stuff, and gets you thinking about self defense a bit.

Tomorrow going to review pressure point stuff, which will literally be a pain, but it is useful to keep it fresh.
>>
>>766839
> the og aspies herded all in one little thread
Lol just how kucked can you fraggles get.
Ok, we will let you all stay here as long as you be quiet and dont bother us
>>
>>766952
Is your keyboard broken or are you retarded?
>>
>>766956
Why do you think my keyboard is broken?
Is your thinkmaker bruised?
>>
>>766950
I love this one, it's so much more intense than just practicing one technique one on one because you have so much less time to coordinate a response to a technique that you only see a second before it comes in. It's also great because it shows where I go wrong under pressure as well as putting in an element of improvisation because the opponent is resisting and trying to avoid your counter
>>
pretty good, and also I'm seriously sick of people thinking I'm fat because I'm built like the one on the right.
my body fat is <10%. They just don't understand what a developed trunk looks like.
>>
File: 1254545969369.png (635 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1254545969369.png
635 KB, 1000x750
Pretty shitty week for me , went to get my physical for wrestling season and got denied. So now I'm not allowed to wrestle or do karate(competitive sparring).

So now I'm helping with Coaching my teammates and focusing more on being an instructor.
>>
>>766952
>>766956
>>766970
are you /sp/ idiots kidding?

I've been coming to this board for years and I've never seen such decent and legitimate discussion of training ideas and techniques.

all the autists got BTFO and the ones that are left are legitimately interested in discussion of technique! THIS IS GREAT!

>>766950
>>766971
That's a good exercise.
My group has a few variations that sound odd to start, but help build basics that work in the one you describe. I'll describe two. They both are designed for similar numbers.

the first one involves the person in the middle not focusing on technique. no blocking, no counters. rather his only job is to lessen/avoid the strikes as they come in. This gets you out of the mindset of having to consistently respond with a complicated technique and also frees your mind to help see potential opportunities that you would normally overlook.

the second exercise involves the four (or more) attackers all actively striking the subject at the same time. the subject is free to strike back at will. he could use fancy techniques if he wants, but that can be difficult in the middle of a large beat-down. the purpose of this exercise is literally teaching the subject how to function despite the beating (too complicated?). for variations the subject could be told to find ways to use the force of the incoming strikes to create strikes of their own, or to attempt to redirect the incoming strikes into other people (this one is quite fun). If you are worried about the level of force and damage associated with this kind of exercise, don't be. the fact that your turn in the center is probably up next is a great motivator to keep the level of force to a tolerable level.
>>
>>767079
Why aren't you allowed to wrestle? What happened at the physical?
>>
>>766952
>>766937
I fucked up
This is now a resistance thread
Fuck wrassling
Fuck being betas
Make generals
Message hiroshimoot
We can't lose the one place on the internet where some people weren't retarded
>>
>>767237
They followed up on my knee and shoulder (bum knee is something I'll live with) but they had me get an MRI and it's torn so I'll be out with surgeries and rehab.
>>
Training on Thursday was good.

I've only been going to BJJ and MMA for just over 1 month now. I decided, after listening to some advice from online from the Gracies, to take it easy during sparring, and instead of trying to tap my opponent, I just focused on escaping from all of their techniques.

That was a fun sparring session.

I stacked my opponent when he went for the triangle.
I bridged him (twice) when he got side-control or top mount on me, managing to get myself into top position.
He tried to apply a leg lock (I didn't even know what lock), and as he pencil-rolled sideways, I rolled with him, meaning he didn't get it properly locked in.

I didn't even tap him once, and he tapped me a couple of times, but again, it's a lot of fun, and builds hella confidence consciously doing that.
>>
>>767753
Rad
>>
>>766839
I worked on my promos.
Just bought a brand new promo-master 5000 mirror for my bathroom wall.
Shit is so much better than the 4000
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.