[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the WWE ever not be shit again? If someone were to hypothetically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Will the WWE ever not be shit again? If someone were to hypothetically kill the McMahons (except Sean) by allahiackbaring a plane into them, could we go back to being rated pg13 again?
>>
who the hell is Sean?

it'll cycle back to being good eventually
>>
>>1363720
>it'll cycle back to being good eventually

People have been saying this for nearly 15 years
>>
Kiddy era is a deliberate thing of WWE following their demographics. It's not an easy thing creating a weekly, scripted, live, guaranteed safe for family viewing, type of TV show. They are putting these limits on themselves for a reason.

My bet is that they have looked at their demographic, and realise they have actually retained a whole bunch of Attitude era viewers, so PG era is now aimed at winning over the children of Attitude fans.

Those children will soon enough become teenagers, and will be the new bulk of the viewership, and will want more mature content to keep their interest, and so WWE will rejuvenate their offering to retain this generation too. But I think that's a couiple years off yet.
>>
>>1363739
eventually doesn't have a time window m8
>>
>>1363742
Vince had to be dragged kicking-and-screaming into Attitude.

Your theory is bullshit.
>>
They should get of GMs altogether.
>>
>>1363742
They went kid friendly because, and only because, Vince McMahons wife ran for Senate
>>
>>1363771
Also 'cause an emplo-err, sorry, "independent contractor" of theirs killed his wife, his son and then himself.
>>
>>1363745
Vince is a business man. He's not a creative, nor even a wrestling guy. What I just outlined is not some creative or ideological idea. It's the one that is the most sensible for business. You look at the charts, you see who is watching, and then you look to expand into new areas. That's why all sport is chasing female viewship these days - the male market is saturated, and they want to tap into female audiences for MMA, NFL, football, etc etc. In the case of Vince, he saw that children of the Golden Age came back in their teenage years for the Attitude programming. Now he knows they have kids of their own and will go after them, because he knows his programming is still being played in those households because the mid/late 30s fathers are still watching.

In that way, it is the most plausible explanation for Vince to follow this.
>>1363771
Politics is show business for ugly people. Her run for office was not a 100% serious thing, was it? In that, I know she was actually running for office, but she isn't considered in any way credible, right?

(Not American, so see literally 0% media coverage of her election run).
>>
>>1363784
>Vince is a business man.

Judging by his rampant failures in every market besides his monopoly, he isn't.

Vince doesn't know shit. He's completely outta touch.
>>
>>1363784
I know I'm quoting questionable sources here but "I'd rather have a half-empty arena cheering for my guy that a full arena cheering for their guy" does not sounds like what a legitimate business man would say.
All the rumors and stories paint Vince as anything but a business man.
>>
What about the new era
>>
>>1363787
Vince fears only two things in life: antitrust lawsuits, and the taxman. Now, I am not convinced that WBF and XFL were not both tax write-offs for him, that also helpfully made him look like a speculator and failed entrepreneur. Rather than the one thing that he always was: a single-minded businessman set on building a wrestling monopoly.

You don't corner a market accidentally.

>>1363790
Yeah, Vince is like one of those annoying comedians who "is never off". When there is a camera, or a microphone around, Vince is working an angle. He will say some stupid shit just to get it reported.
>>
>>1363802
Vince was working The Outsiders?

Unlikely.
>>
>>1363708
WWE isn't shit because of PG. It's shit because it's stagnant due to no real competition. The writers can write utter trash and get away with it. They can use the same set for all PPV's now. And they can kill off elimination chamber without even breaking sweat.
>>
>>1363803
wat
>>
>>1363822
All of which could be solved by Vince overdosing on roids and a car hitting his dumb bitch daughter
>>
>>1363742
they've been in this pg bullshit for 8 years you asshole if those kids were 10 years or older when pg era started they're 18 or older now
>>
>>1363739
it only started being shitty about 8 years ago
>>
>>1366200
18+

WWF fell off a fucking cliff in quality in 2001.
>>
>>1366206
just cuz ruthless aggression wasn't as good as attitude era doesn't mean it was unwatchable like it is now
>>
>>1363708
It very slowly seems to be crawling back into a more mature mold. At least there are signs of hope.
>>
>>1366212
2002-2003 Smackdown was great but RAW was the utter shits.

Not just in quality, but there was a significant difference in tone (Steph insisting on scripted promos etc.)
>>
>>1366213
you're delusional
>>
>>1366231
so you would rather watch the garbage they put on now then?
>>
>>1366231
Outside of the Reign of Terror it wasn't fully shit. There was still some diamonds in the rough in the mire of shit.
>>
>>1366235
Not the point I'm making, sweets.
>>
>>1366264
then wtf is your point asshole? evolution raw was still miles ahead of 2008-current raw
>>
>>1363784

Her political run was absolutely, postively 100% serious, and is exactly the reason WWE moved towards PG.
>>
>>1366273
>Evolution RAW

It really wasn't.

And you should calm down.
>>
>>1366278

She came quite close to winning, as I recall. Which is pretty shocking for a Republican in Connecticut.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.