[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>puts Roman over twice >still cucks him out of the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: aj-styles-3.jpg (88 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
aj-styles-3.jpg
88 KB, 1284x722
>puts Roman over twice
>still cucks him out of the main event

Is he the greatest wrestler alive today?
>>
No, Roman is. Didn't you see how strong Roman looked compared to him?
>>
>>1363340
Why the fuck wasnt Roman even on Raw today hes the champion for fucks sake, does WWE really have to shield him from boos that badly? Oklahoma isnt even that smarky
>>
File: AJ.jpg (54 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
AJ.jpg
54 KB, 960x640
AJ is sort of like Brock in the sense that he didn't come to WWE to be champ and dance around with a fake belt.

By this point he's already proven to himself that he can carry a company (TNA) or main event major promotions (NJPW)

At this stage in his life, AJ came to WWE for one thing, and that's make money.

And in today's WWE, you make money by proving to Vince that you are reliable enough to put in the main event at the drop of a hat to make Vince's favorite's look like superstars.

Losing to Jericho at WM actually makes perfect sense if you view it from Vince's perspective as a test to see if the Styles would play ball in WWE and do what he's told since they were paying him so much money.

Once Vince saw that AJ was more than happy to do the favors for Jericho, Vince was more than happy to put AJ in the main event with Roman, twice.

Now after making Roman look like a million bucks, Vince is even more impressed with AJ and has decided he can be the new set of impossible odds for Cena to overcome.

But unlike what AJ said tonight about sliding down the card after feuding with Cena, AJ will be sticking around the main event.

After his program with Cena, he'll probably work with a returning Orton since AJ is safe, then Seth will probably be face by then and AJ can work with him, then it'll be time for a Brock match, then Nakamura down the line, then turning face after Balor has finally debuted an usurped AJ's spot in The Club, by which time AJ can be the guy to bump around a decrepit HHH at some future Summerslam or Wrestlemania.

People joked that AJ was replacing Daniel Bryan as the "indie darling" but really what he's done is replace CM Punk as the main event player that can play heel or face and fit into whatever they need in a given situation.

Except unlike Punk, for better or worse, AJ isn't going to live and die by whether he gets a WM Main event or not. He's happy making retirement money and guaranteeing some backstage job in the future.
>>
>>1363381
You're forgetting about the inevitable Bullet Club vs SHIELD and Wyatt Family matches.
>>
File: John Cena.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
John Cena.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>Bullet Club
What did BMJ mean by this?
>>
>>1363398
AND he'll probably win RR/MiTB/KOTR and a championship or two before he's done.

Like the guy is gonna get his in. I don't doubt it especially since he's been shown that he'll play ball. I have no doubt he's getting his eventually.

He'll probably get punks too for good measure.
>>
File: 1458743619930.jpg (296 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
1458743619930.jpg
296 KB, 1284x722
Cena said BULLET CLUB!!!!!

>Vince and Triple H on suicide watch
>>
>>1363344
They are protecting him from the boooooing until Money in the Bank, they are hoping that the crowd will buy the whole Rollins heel scheme
>>
>>1363402
>>1363460
They cut that part from the Youtube recap, along with the part where Cena called AJ's promo hot garbage. Gotta make AJ look charismatic.
>>
>>1363460
>>1363467
Cena can get away with anything… He's Vince's golden boy
>>
>>1363454

>AJ win King of the Ring

God forbid. Who was the last King of the Ring winner to be treated like an actual WINNER and not just the jobber that other jobbers beat?

Was in KING BOOKAH? Sure, his gimmick the entire time was dumb as fuck, and set a HORRIBLE precedent for the winner of KOTR to act like a parodical British King, but he was Champ as King, if I recall.

And that was, what, 2005?
>>
>>1363512
William Regal in 08. Also they happen so sporadically it barely matters as a ppv anymore, let alone an accolade.

Took 5 years to come back the last time.
>>
>>1363512
I want King of the Ring to matter. I want it to matter so much.

Thats why I put it up there. I think AJ could make it work because he's already over and it will seem like an achievement.
>>
>>1363593
AJ Styles isn't even the best ex-Bullet Club leader in WWE most suited to being KoTR.
>>
>>1363398

Possibilities are endless. As was said above, he's the new Punk/Orton. Top guy but not THE guy, will change face or heel to fit company's needs at given time, can help make everyone look like true main-eveters.
>>
>>1363624
BRUH, double bullet club leaders winning back2back KOTR. That'd do something seeing as Finn is gonna be a main eventer and AJ is already a main eventer.

Although it'll make other smarks mad because they're already established and not getting younger guys over but fuck that noise you gotta make it relevant again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.