[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me get this straight... If Shane wins, he takes control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
Let me get this straight...

If Shane wins, he takes control of Raw?

So a new fictional manager will be placed in charge of a television show for a fictional sport that is still written/booked by Vince Mcmahon?

What's the fucking point? I understand the kayfabe implications, but why are real world fans acting like a Shane victory means Vince stepping down?
>>
>>1116739
It means we don't have to see authority promos for at least 2 months before Haitch writes himself back in
>>
The product will be better by having him replace Hunter and Steph on screen. The formula shake up could prove a positive change in the creative direction. Shane, with some actual business sense, might have some degree of pull backstage.
>>
File: that_feel_when_piss.jpg (296 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
that_feel_when_piss.jpg
296 KB, 1284x722
>>1116739
It means we're getting a brand split with Shane controlling Raw and Hunter & Steph controlling Smackdown.

Its going to be great!
>>
>>1116767
only if there's one World Champion for both brands
>>
>>1116767

And Vince is going to be the one actually controlling both.

I hear what people are saying about authority promos going away or being reduced, but how does that help them solve their storybuilding issues overnight?
>>
I'm a writer for WWE and I'm being fired soon so I'll let you guys know how wrestle mania ends. Shane is going to win and the ending of triple h and Roman ends in a DQ with Shane coming out and splitting the belts One for raw and one for smackdown. Roman is the champ for raw and trips the smackdown champ. Screenshot this if you'd like I don't care.
Also cena interrupts the rocks segment to set up a rematch at summer slam.
>>
>>1116831

Sounded believable until the second bit. Rock will be in a DC movie and he's contractually obligated not to wrestle until filming is done.
>>
>>1116828
Vince will have to actually bother with making something seem like its a Shane idea instead of his own idea with Shane just being a clever cover like Trips and Steph are.
>>
I have trouble wrapping my head over the logic of
Vince Disowning Shane if Undertaker wins. like, if shane wins, that's a bad thing, but him losing is even more bad so you disown your son for not hostily taking over your company
>>
>>1116831
Thanks for the info, Jimmy Jacobs
>>
>>1116879
I think they realized that when next week Vince came out and said he was no longer his son. So Shane is already disowned.
>>
>>1116831
>Ending WM in a DQ
>Having Roman get the belt by proclamation

K KEEP ME POSTED
>>
Vince spoiled the entire ending of the match by putting Takers career on the line.

Why? Because he's scheduled to go on a European tour shortly after Mania. It was obvious anyway. No way would Takers final match be against Shane, nothing against Shane
>>
>>1116996
It's the WWE, they could have Linda come out and overrule Vince or something even more retaded
>>
>>1117008
WWE doesn't do risks now. Another draft will never happen.
>>
WRONG!

WRONG!

Vince said Shane could take control of Raw if he wrestled the Undertaker. HE NEVER SAID HE HAD TO BEAT HIM!

Shane is taking control of Raw, and Taker is winning. You guys are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>1116996

It's not his career on the line. It would be his last Wrestlemania match if he lost
>>
>>1117074
This guys got it right.
>>
>>1117074
Why would he do that? In storyline, why would he voluntarily give him that position of power if he doesn't like him? Kind of reminds me of how when Roman beat up HHH so Vince gave him a title shot where if he lost he'd get fired. Why reward him? He's in charge of the company, if he doesn't like him then it'd make a lot more sense to fire him.
>>
>>1116956
They ended WM27 in a draw senpai.
>>
>>1117101

Because muh "settle it in the ring"

I thing part of WWE's image is that people who call the cops or file lawsuits or complain to higher authorities are lame. Real men punch people to show how strong they are.
>>
>>1116996
his career isn't on the line dumbass
>>
>>1117116
No they didn't senpai the Miz won
>>
>>1116739
The reason it's interesting is because there are real life tensions being made into a story line. I honestly believe Shane resents his Dad. He has had so many great business ideas that were only guilty of being too far ahead of their time.
>>
>>1117277
This. I heard Shane wanted to buy UFC before it blew up and Vince declined.
#VinceFuckedUp #Regrets #ShaneWasRight #CanYouBaleeDisNigga
>>
>>1117286
That is just one of many. The way NXT currently exist was his original idea for how to relaunch ECW.
>>
>>1117286
#VincescrewedVince
>>
File: 1459021801384.jpg (359 KB, 620x712) Image search: [Google]
1459021801384.jpg
359 KB, 620x712
>>1116818
No. World champ should be dual brands. Same with tag teams and women's. To avoid getting them too much work and injuries have them rarely wrestle. Only in PPVs and go-home Raws. US and IC titles should be brand-exclusives. Maybe bring back cruiserweight and european titles for that lower card prestige.
>>
>>1116767

>Its going to be great!
The Authority is easily the worst part of Raw. and now they are going be appear on and control Smackdown? a show that's been irrelevant for many years and nobody watches? giving people even more incentive NOT to watch the show? the same show that spends 1/3 of it's time replaying what happened on Raw?

Really?
>>
>>1119489
that's what I meant, just didn't word it correctly
>>
I don't even fucking get why the stipulations are what they are.

It would make sense to have two people fighting for control of RAW after a long feud of them... well, trying to vie for power of RAW.

Instead, Shane randomly shows up and wants control of RAW and for Taker to retire.

Why? Why face Taker? What's the reason behind him even wanting to face him -- the streak is dead and Shane has been gone for years.

I just don't get why the writing makes no fucking sense in the least.
>>
>>1119654
Should've had Vince bring back the Urn
>>
>>1119654
>Why? Why face Taker? What's the reason behind him even wanting to face him
Vince says Shane can get control of Raw if he wins a match
Vince is the person who books the show
Vince books Shane against the one guy he knows Shane will not beat since Undertaker gets a powerlevel boost at Mania

Not really hard to understand.
>>
>>1116767

That would be shit. Brand splits stop dream feuds from happening. Eddie never feuded with HBK because of the retarded brand split.
>>
>>1116831
Except the HHH vs Roman match is nodq.
They will reveal that stipulation during WM itself as a surprise.
>>
>>1116739

Last time there was a brand split it was properly split, Heyman was in charge of Smackdown and was blowing Raw out of the water every week so they made SD shittier instead of trying harder with Raw.
>>
>>1116739
People are just sick of seeing HHH and Steph every week.
>>
>>1119649
I understood, the guy who replied to you just didn't read your post properly bro.
>>
>>1116996

What if,

What if that's what Vince wants you to think, to out-brain you?

You just got worked, chico
>>
If there was any kind of brand split it would only mean the 2 shows would have different managers and the talent would be available on both...
>>
>>1116996
It's only his "wrestlemania carreer", they've been very careful about saying that. Also it can easily be unbooked if Shane wins by having him say "I reverse this decision". It's really not a given.
>>
Sextuple turn incoming.

You'll end up with Shane, Taker and Reigns as heels, and HHH, Vince and Steph as faces.

You'll have two main competing brands: NXT and RAW, where RAW will be like its own federation, probably called "Real Authority Wrestling" or something like that. Haitch will be the boss of NXT and that will be the smark federation of underdog babyfaces. RAW will be for heels and jobbers.
>>
Undertaker and Shane, after a long and tiring match, will put aside their difference and realize that together, they have enough power to run the show. Undertaker will resent being called a bitch, and says that if Vince wants his drawing power, Shane will take charge. Or some other bullshit that results in both Taker and Shane being faces
>>
>>1116828
stories revolving around the authority just aren't good and got tired very quickly. shane winning hopefully brings more variety and it would seem less restricting since they're not forced to write shit about the "power couple" abusing their power yet again. i don't know..
>>
>>1116760
>actual business sense

His Chinese company is an embarrassing flop. He's no business mind.
>>
File: 1459469488703.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459469488703.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
Nobody is actually excited for this match, right? Did they miss the last few Taker matches where he got concussed 2 minutes in and could barely go? Are they forgetting Shane is fucking 50 years old and can't do half the shit he could before? What the fuck went through Vince's mind to make him think this was a good idea?
>>
>>1120713
Nobody cares about the match

It's about how many stakes are on the line in this match
>>
File: Hornswoggle.jpg (47 KB, 635x250) Image search: [Google]
Hornswoggle.jpg
47 KB, 635x250
>>1116739
I'm a writer for WWE and I'm being fired soon so I'll let you guys know how wrestle mania ends.
>Taker has Shane up for the Tombstone
>lights go out
>lights come on
>Hornswoggle!!
>"Vince's bastard son, Maggle"
>Low blow to Taker
>Taker falls straight back, with Shane still hooked in 69 position
>Shane pins Taker, whilst 69
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3cjyHctjo
>>
Honestly I'm curious what parts of this storyline are kayfabe and which aren't. Shane left the E for a reason, and there are almost certainly still some feelings between him and the rest of the family.
>>
>>1117122

be a star :^)
>>
>>1120713

Probably that there is no dq in a hell in a cell match and that sting will interfere and give us the match we all really wanted
>>
File: 1429739266800.gif (2 MB, 200x177) Image search: [Google]
1429739266800.gif
2 MB, 200x177
>>1116749
Pretty much this
>>
>>1120721
But nothing is actually at stake
>>
>>1121079
... except there is?
>>
>>1119489
I wonder if Vince played with those tits.
>>
>>1121106
Well he did literally write an incest angle (which involved her getting pregnant) with her that she refused
>>
>>1121143
That's a shame, she was really hot at the time.
Could had spiked the ratings,
>>
>>1121079
*steak
>>
>>1116739
it's being done for 2 reason HHH and Steph don't want to be the bad guys on tv and still do all their corporate stuff

and to have someone stack the odds against the real face of the WWE going forward Seth Rollins
>>
>>1116749
>before Haitch writes himself back in

H is retaining the title.
>>
Some people me included believe this will corner vince into making the product better. I think it is insufferable simply because all the heels in the past 3 years have been authority, so anything different will get me watching Raw. If we get anything else along with it thatl just be topping on top of an already delicious icecream!
>>
>>1121029
I thought part of the reason he left was to try to prove he didn't need to ride daddy's coat tails to be a successful entreprenaur, after Steph/H were tagged as inheriting the company.
He failed spectacularly at that, and has come back with his tail between his legs, and needs a hook to get back into the family business on screen.
>>
where is the shane just edit lads?
>>
>>1116739
real world fans act like it's real for the same reason ironman fans act like Robert downey is tony stark
>>
I hope there isn't a split. considering the edits they make, most notably to crowd reactions, I don't see how anyone can watch Tapeddown
>>
I'm extremely excited for the match. I know it will most likely be shit, but I am more interested in the spectacle of it. The fact that Shane survived that elbow drop means that maybe we will get some decent spots. Not 98-99 HiaC tier but still something good.
>>
>>1116831
>writer for wwe
>terrible grammar
>>
>>1119699
>Eddie never feuded with HBK because Eddie was a steroid junkie who gave himself an early funeral

Fixed that for ya.
>>
>>1119688
No, if you go back and watch he says he just has to HAVE one more match, not win.

Also it still doesn't make sense.

>I have dirt on you dad, so I get Raw now
>okay, if you win one more match
>dad, I don't think you know how blackmail works. I have dirt on you so I get what I want
>>
>>1116831
>No Disqualification match
>ends with a DQ
>implying Shane has real power in the WWE and not just brought back just because Taker doesn't have any credible opponents left
>>
I'm so fucking sick of the " owner is a evil evil man" story. It's been going on since fucking Austin.

FUCKING END IT ALREADY
>>
>>1126091
> yfw children born after the Montreal Screwjob are now adults
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.