[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meltzer says that the WWE does not believe in Ambrose as a 'top
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: deanetty.jpg (30 KB, 543x361) Image search: [Google]
deanetty.jpg
30 KB, 543x361
I'm listening to the podcast at work, so apologies if my first transcription isn't 100% accurate, I'll give it another listen in a bit here.

But according to Dave, the general feeling backstage in the WWE is that they 'like [Dean], and they also do not believe in him as a top guy." He goes on to say that the Triple H match is a prime example of this, because the story was that Dean 'tricked' him into the title match, and still lost clean anyway, and his explanation for the loss the next night only 'buried him' deeper.

"What they said is he's a 'spunky guy', but he can't beat a top guy."

He also said that on a personal level, "Since the shield broke up I thought he should be the guy. I get, you know, the qualms as to why they think he won't be the guy, but, you know, unless you are given the choice and are booked that way, you just don't know....They've never given him that shot."

He also went on to say that he does not see any possibility that they would give him a victory over Lesnar that does not involve severe shenanigans (for example, Wyatt family 'doing it all')
>>
>>1108198
Who can be a top guy then?
>>
>>1108288
Roman
>>
>you know
>>
>>1108288
Only Roman
>>
>>1108198
He's just there to make Roman look strong.
>>
Absolutely based, Ambrose is shit and deserves to be performing in bingo halls, not packed arenas.
>>
>>1108198
I like Ambrose but he doesn't have it, no one does. These new guys are lame as shit.
>>
File: wyatt550.jpg (56 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
wyatt550.jpg
56 KB, 550x440
>>1108330
>>
>>1108198

Ambrose will be a transitional place holder champ once or twice in his career similar to mankind
>>
>>1108330

This. Deanetty is a C+ player who got carried by Seth and Roman in the Shield. .
>>
>>1108344
>Carried by Seth and Roman
>Carried
>Seth
>Roman

Kek those two fucks can't even cut a promi
>>
>>1108341
What's going on, Reddit?
>>
>>1108198

Can you head back to wrestle forum or woo or wherever it is you came from before you decided to come here and make this awful thread?
>>
>>1108368
Truth hurts, huh?
>>
>>1108343

I'm fine with this.
>>
>>1108348

Seth has cut plenty of good promos.

>implying Deanetty has any mic skills

Shit promos and shit in ring with a shit meme move set. Reigns unironically is better in ring than Deanetty and he has less moves than Cena.
>>
>>1108198
Eh, they're probably right, honestly.
There's really nobody in the immediate position to take that mantle.

>>1108469
>Seth has cut plenty of good promos.

lolno
>>
WWE get a lot wrong, but I agree with this one. Ambrose is upper mid card material, but he's not and he never will be "the guy".
>>
>>1108469
Seth could barely string a sentence together before Ambrose started teaching him how to cut promos, and he never got anywhere near the level of Ambrose.

Ambrose is still probably the best promo in the business right now.
>>
>>1108512
This, Dean carried the two of them from the beginning
>>
>>1108512
>>1108680

Stop samefagging Deanettymark, no one buys it
>>
>>1108686
>so autistic that he believes Dean ins't the best on the mic out of the Shield
Listen sperg, Dean was better on the mic when Roman was playing football and Seth was doing his monkey in the backyard
>>
Good to know that's another Wrestlemania match I already know the ending for.
>>
>>1108512

>ambrose
>the best promo

Name a single good ambrose promo. All of it's shit. He's awful. His gimmick doesn't work in PG, simple as that.
>>
>>1108388

More like ratings hurt. Roman hasn't been part of RAW for the past month or so, Deanetty has been main eventing and the ratings have been even lower. So who's the one truly hurting here?
>>
>>1108750
Any of his FCW stuff, all his early Shield stuff, hell even last week the first home town promo on Smackdown.

His gimmick works perfectly fine in PG, he's not like Kevin Owens who used to rely on swearing in all his promos, Ambrose's exact same character works whenever it's coming from him and not Vince and his sitcom writers. He's still better at salvaging the shit he is given than anyone else on the roster atm.
>>
>>1108288
Roman and sef
>>
>>1108758

>Ambrose's character works

Wew
>>
>>1108754
>Roman hasn't been part of RAW for the past month or so,

wut
>>
>>1108765
He's the most over face on the active roster despite never winning at a PPV and constantly being booked as a lesser guy.

90% of the lunatic fridge shit is just JBL and Cole continually calling him crazy, he doesn't actually do anything that mad and the character doesn't accept the label. Look at his "Lunatic Champion" promo or the one with Mick Foley recently.
>>
>>1108750
>His gimmick doesn't work in PG, simple as that.

I don't even like Dean. Honestly, all of the Shield lads have fallen out of favour with me pretty hastily post-Shield.
But you can't say shit like this, breh. He gets reactions. He gets pops. He gets the cheers despite and he has gotten them consistently despite not really being treated that well on a regular basis.
I'm not saying you have to like him – I don't either –, but you can't plug your ears and pretend shit doesn't happen just because you don't like it. Just makes you look dumb.
>>
>>1108809

>my mom drops me off at my friend's house
>>
>>1108809
Uh, didn't you mean to say that all of YOUR favourite wrestlers are perfect 10/10s in all respects and every wrestler who isn't your favourite is utter shit and worthless at everything?
>>
>>1108819
How the fuck else am I supposed to get there to play Mario Kart with him?

>>1108821
I already know Rusev's a perfect 10. I don't need to brag about it.
>>
>>1108198
Of course not. Even though he's more over than Roman. Better in the ring and on the mic than Roman. But Vince didn't hand pick him, so he can't be pushed as the top guy.
>>
>>1108512

I don't think Dean is terrible. I think his promo skills are decent and serviceable. But I also don't even think he cracks the top ten.

Heyman
Ryder
Samoa Joe
Cage
Vince McMahon
Enzo Amore
American Alpha
New Day
Cena
Bray

It would be cheating to add CM Punk to the list since he's not in the business anymore. And The Rock would be a cheat as well, he appears so little and actually wrestles even less. But we'll make them honourable mentions.
>>
>>1109080
>New Day
>Rock
>Heyman
>Bray

W E W
E
W
>>
Dean Mark on suicide watch
>>
>>1109093

All better than Dean, yes. Are any of them today like prime Austin, prime Rocky, or prime Steiner? No, not really. Hell, Rocky today doesn't hold a candle to Rocky in his prime.

But those ten guys/teams are great by todays standards.
>>
>>1109093
Going older, none of them are Macho Man tier either.
>>
>>1109080
I'm not saying Dean is great, but:
>American Alpha
I don't get it. I mean, they're okay, they say some humorous stuff, but not nearly Dean's level of delivery.
>Current New Day
A while ago, sure. But as it stands, New Day have bogged themselves down to absolutely bottom-feeder level comedy. They're terrible and dragging now. Not even slightly funny anymore.
>Ryder
I have never heard or seen him do anything notable.

Rest are leagues ahead, though.
And good choice with Cage, tbqh.
>>
>>1109349

If you've never seen Ryder do anything notable, then you've never seen the JewTube series he used to get himself over in the first place.

American Alpha are light-years ahead of Ambrose. There's just this smugness to their delivery that makes me want to see them turn heel one day. Admit it. If those two ever have a heel run, it will be epic.

Current New Day can be pretty cringeworthy but it's not their fault they're being booked on a slow turn to become kid friendly babyfaces. Remember when they would come out and condescend to the crowd, insult the cities they were in, talk about how much the sport teams suck, and all that other cheap shit? Yeah it was cheap heat, but they were creative in how they did it and it worked. That talent is still there.

And yeah, Cage is a fucking brilliant promo. WWE seriously fucked up letting that guy go. Built like a fucking mastodon, but freakishly athletic and agile, and an amazing talker? The guy has EVERYTHING. Cage is everything Ryback should be, but better in every way.
>>
File: vincetrollface2.gif (343 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
vincetrollface2.gif
343 KB, 680x440
>>1108198
THANK YOU BASED HHH AND VINCE!
>>
>>1108198
And why should they? He is a skinny looking balding dweeb twerp. He is extremely (ironic due to what I'm going to say next) cringe worthy guy with a cringe worthy PG lunatic gimmick.

I say extremely because he seems to be considered the "EXTREME" wwe wrestler of this generation. This is most obvious after his segment with Terry Funk. I don't give two shits if Ambrose wrestled in that no name orginization called CZW. The masses don't know wtf that is. For all they know Ambrose has only wrestled in WWE. ECW was very well known and still gets chants today. Ambrose isn't an extreme wrestler. He is an extreme cringe worthy autistic idiot.

This dude literally brought popcorn and soda to the ring. TWICE! He's so PG he can't even drink beer. Fuck this Bugs Bunny wannabe. He doesn't deserve to be a top guy with such a shit gimmick. His mic work isn't even that great.
>>
pretty
Obvious he isn't viewed as top guy. Look at all the injuries and the void that's left and he's barely upper mid.
>>
ON YOUR DOG, KNEES

BOW DOWN 2 DA KING
>>
>>1110711
he drank beer in a promo video like a week ago. [spoiler]it was two brothers tho i'm pretty sure, i don't like that brewery[/spoiler]
>>
Ha, fucking haters. Dean is based as fuck. He is the best individual at promos in WWE today. This shit isn't debatable. Some of his ring work can seem repetitive, but every PPV match he's put on in the last couple months has been varied and great. Fuck all you mastodon-craving cuck-ass faggots.
>>
>>1108288
Ryback
>>
>>1109080
>Cage

He can literally barely speak.

Enzo is the only one that is maybe on Ambrose's level, we haven't seen that much variation from him though, mostly just the same note with his cool wordplay, similar problem to Bray. Ambrose is crazy versatile.

Heyman doesn't count.
>>
>>1110711
CZW got chants on RAW last week

> This dude literally brought popcorn and soda to the ring. TWICE! He's so PG he can't even drink beer. Fuck this Bugs Bunny wannabe.

Do you think he books himself? Sit down, marky.
>>
File: dean so pg.jpg (85 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
dean so pg.jpg
85 KB, 486x500
>>1110711

Yeah man, Dean is PG as fuck. Total pussy.
>>
>>1112127

Honestly, bringing popcorn to the ring is pretty baller.
>>
>>1108198

I agree. He's the next Dolph Ziggler.

The difference is that Dolph's gimmick is better than his.
>>
>>1111788
Dude you're arguing with contrarian losers who's ony thought process in life is "other people say this is good and I think other people are idiots so that means i shouldn't like it"
>>
Dean is a B+ player, at best.

People need to stop pretending he's anything more than that.
>>
>>1111788

Cage is great at doing meathead shit.

https://youtu.be/rABkQessohg
>>
File: 1437842399568.jpg (109 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1437842399568.jpg
109 KB, 601x601
>>1108198
So this basically confirms a Deano burial at mania, doesn't it?
>>
>>1108198
>consistently gets cheered
>consitently gets crowds to pop
>consistently entertaining
>not a 'top guy'

taking a nice break after mania 32 is starting to look super appealing.
>>
>>1112800
>B+ player
>meanwhile roman puts on at best C- matches but is literally "THE GUY"
>>
File: 1457665490202.jpg (68 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1457665490202.jpg
68 KB, 500x465
>tfw you send an email to meltzer and he reads it on observer radio
>>
>>1113069

>>POST YOUR FACE WHEN WWE PULL A 18 SECONDS SQUASH ON DEAN
>>
>>1113053
He's just shouting his lines as quickly as he can with no inflection

This is Ryback-bad.
>>
Dean shouldn't beat Brock regardless of anything else, the idea should be that he becomes hot after that for Not Giving Up™.

But I guess since they don't want him to be a top guy anyway it doesn't matter much. And I guess that's a little sad.
>>
>>1113173
>>
>>1113199
> being this wrong
>>
>>1112800
If we're grading on that curve Reigns is a D-
>>
This is just some guy's opinion based on past events.

He has shed no insider information at all.

Ambrose fighting Lesnar at WM, the guy who broke Undertaker's streak, is a big deal. I don't care what Meltzer says.

Oh, and HHH did not beat Ambrose clean and Roadblock. Ambrose got the three count on HHH but shenanigans happened and he lost.
>>
>>1113433
This.
>>
>>1108198
He is what he is you know and uh we will have to see how it uh you know turns out
>>
>>1113433
He did share insider information though
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.