[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pbg/ - Paintball General: Spring Cleaning Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 173.678.559.jpg (30 KB, 462x260) Image search: [Google]
173.678.559.jpg
30 KB, 462x260
Welcome to the new thread
>>
OPENING DAY IN 2 WEEKS!

i'm literally pissing myself in anticipation
>>
>>1090865
Nice axe man.
Got a gtek myself, tryna get a shocker right now
>>
>>1091547
how is the gtek?
>>
>>1091547
Sft or nxt?
>>
I can't get a hold of us border customs.
Does anyone know what conditions there are bringing a marker in and out of the US are? I know TSA just want it to stay in your check in but I don't want to get stuck at a gate anywhere cause I didn't fill out some form I didn't know about.
Also information on Canada would help too. Thanks
>>
>>1092402
Well I know it's doable because I met a lot of canadians at the last living legends. I also know that the regulator needs to be removed from the tank to get it on a plane. Other than that I would look into insurance in case the baggage guy decides your gear would look better on his shelf at home.
>>
>>1092605
yeah gonna get insurance, and have to find a way to get my regs off
>>
>>1092267

Not that guy, but I love my Gtek. It's the only spool valve I've ever owned that has had zero problems in cold weather.
>>
>>1094883
Have you shot an axe? The two are priced so close together i'm wondering if the Gtek has a leg up on that price point now.
>>
>>1095883

I have. I'm just gonna copy and past a post I made about the 2 guns in the last paintball thread.

As someone who has actually used both the Axe and Gtek, I've found them to have similar efficiency. They'll both get around 1500 shots on a 68/4500 under normal conditions. Notice I say "normal conditions." I don't want some guy saying "I GOT A WHOLE CASE OFF A 68/4500 ON MY AXE." Great, good for you. I'm sure there's a guy with a Gtek who has done the same.

The Gtek is also much easier to perform maintenance on. The Axe's regulator is not even meant to be serviced, and while it still can be with the right tools, it's a complete pain in the ass compared to the ease of servicing the Gtek's regulator.

And I've always hated what you have to go through to clean the Axe's eyes. People think if the Axe's eyes are dirty, you just run a swab through and you're good. No. What that does is push the paint through the eye channels in the body and onto the eye board. If you leave paint on the eye board for too long, it will cause corrosion and the board will have to be replaced. To properly clean the eyes, you have to take the gun completely apart down to removing the eye board. This requires removing or loosening no less than 10 screws; 2 on the foregrip, 2 on the frame, and 6 on the manifold. With the Gtek, you just have to take off the eye covers. That's 1 screw for each cover.

The Glass Reinforced Nylon stuff is a personal preference thing. I understand that some people prefer the feel of aluminum, but if you believe the GRN parts are not as strong as aluminum, you're wrong. They're actually stronger. The aluminum parts will bend before the GRN parts do.
>>
>>1099440
I guess the real question is what will the used gteks go for? Time will tell I guess.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.