[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MA beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1400469084018s.jpg (5 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
1400469084018s.jpg
5 KB, 125x121
How do I improve my mentality and conditioning? I can barely train for around 10-15 minutes before getting somewhat tired and giving up on my training sessions. Is it a matter of practice and persistance?
>>
No one can change your mind set other then you. Go to the gym and do some cardio or keep persevering.
>>
>>1345074
>How do I improve my mentality and conditioning? I can barely train for around 10-15 minutes before getting somewhat tired and giving up on my training sessions. Is it a matter of practice and persistence?

Mental training is like weight lifting.

Memory is like your abs.
You could do crunches, you could do side crunches, you could do bicycle kicks.
You could do high sets, low reps, you could do high reps, low sets.
You could increase intensity by holding a medicine ball.

Giving up too early? Gradually increase how long you can go without giving up, really push yourself.
After time, you can go without giving up for longer.
>>
>>1345074
Are you giving up because you're too physically tired
or
are you giving up because you're too mentally weak?
>>
>>1345074
Jesus, just go to a gym.
>>
I'm no professional when it comes to how to properly condition your body, but >>1345276 seems very spot on with the sort of variation and methods of approaching it; if you want to start very simple, you can go swimming and/or look into the "Couch to 5K" exercise setup.

> Is it a matter of practice and persistence?

For someone new in martial arts, it's going to be difficult (if you get into one that isn't run by a McDojo). You will be exercising muscles you might not have ever used before and will be drilling repetition after repetition of form when you're not being pushed to your absolute limit. It will be monotonous and frustrating, especially if you practice alone and are a slow learner like I was. If 10-15 minutes is all you can manage to begin with in one sitting, that's fine, but do not give up and let it end there - everyone has to start somewhere. You need to remind yourself how important this is to you: Is this something you want or something you need? Set goals for yourself and start arbitrarily small and grow from there. Choose one facet of the basics and hone it, slowly taking in more. It's all about pacing, and once you understand how to appropriately pace yourself, things hopefully will go more smoothly for you.
>>
>>1345074

Go in a proper gym then follow a session with other peoples.

If you are talking about some "kata e duo system" stuff...nevermind it's make no difference 10 minutes or 10 years.
>>
>>1345074

>>1346535
>You need to remind yourself how important this is to you: Is this something you want or something you need? Set goals for yourself and start arbitrarily small and grow from there.
This is a pretty good point on the mental aspect.
>>
>>1345074
It's pointless, nigger.

There are a sum total of three martial art threads on here right now.

There is basically no one left to answer these questions.

The board is dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (453 KB, 1413x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453 KB, 1413x935
>>1348037
We are the few, the strong, the brave.

As long as we live, as long as we fight, our martial arts will have a tomorrow.
>>
>>1348037
>>1348693
We're like Kyokushin Practitioners. Even though we've bruised, even though we've been hit multiple times in the same place, we still fight on. We still stand there, we still throw punches, we still throw kicks.
We don't quit, we fight.
When we get knocked down, we get back up, and we continue beating the shit out of our opponents.
>>
>>1345074
What kind of training is going on in this 10-15 minutes?
>>
>>1349614
Bump for answers.
>>
>>1345074
Answer the Goblin. >>1349614
>>1351143
>>
>>1345074
10-15 minutes of training a martial art is terrible. That means both your cardio and your mental prowess are very low quality.

You need to do several things.

-if you aren't a member of the martial art of your choice, you need to be. Do not miss class, even when it gets tough.
-you need to be running. I run on Sundays, work technique on Saturdays, go to class for 2 and a half-3 Hours two days a week working grappling and boxing.
-start a gym cardio class with a bunch of cardio bunnies. Since your that out of shape you need to build cardio
-start working harder at your job and school. Mental toughness is all about grit. The more you put on your plate, and the more you persist, the stronger your mind gets. So make it a habit to put in 100x more work in everything you do and gradually results will come.
-eat healthy. This is by far the most important step to all of this. If you don't discipline your diet your body will always fail on you. Cut out sweets, caffeinated drinks, fatty foods, and red meat. Your body will become a machine on fish, fruit, chicken, and vegetables.

Learn discipline and work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.