[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw if Creative didn't have the attention spans of ADD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
>yfw if Creative didn't have the attention spans of ADD gnats we would have gotten Bray vs Brock at Mania
>yfw it would have been an extended, focused repeat of last night, with Bray swerving us and unleashing his newly-christened monster Luke on Brock
>yfw we would have seen the fulfilled version of Brock and Luke's epic hossfest, complete with Bray and Paul's tandem ringside antics

Tbqh I wouldn't have even minded just an outright Bray vs Brock, either. Bray's a really under-rated worker. Mostly because the WWE never have him actually work.
>>
>>1072509

It's hard work making the other guy look like a million bucks. Show a little appreciation for the jobbers role in the wrestling world.
>>
>Bray is a underrated worker

lose weight
>>
>>1072509
Is there ANY way of booking Harper breaking out from the Wyatts into a position atop the card? I honestly can't think of it.
>>
>>1073009
Uh...have him turn on Bray, say it's because Bray never actually gets the job done, maybe make him a Heyman guy?
>>
>>1073048
>Make him a Heyman guy

Yeah, that worked wonders for Cesaro.
>>
>>1073048

Have him turn on Bray because Bray betrayed him and left him to be slaughtered. Harper's eaten a lot of pins for Bray but I don't recall Bray outright abandoning him like that.

Kayfabe I got the impression that Harper expected Bray to get back in the ring and finish the job if he couldn't. He looked confused and angry sitting alone in the middle of the ring with the camera focused on him.

I'm expecting Wyatts to dominate the Battle Royal. They'll be the last four left and Bray will signal for everyone to get out. Rowan and Braun will because they're lowly sheep, but Harper has always been the reliable right hand man. He has more free will and he did a lot better on his own than Rowan anyway. Harper will eliminate Bray and be the third Andre the Giant winner, but the Wyatts will kick his ass right after. Then either some kind of 1v3 feud or Bray just says "those who then away from me do not exist in my eyes" or something like that.

Luke could easily make it to the upper midcard just working solid matches with people like Owens and Ambrose. Getting him to the top is trickier but maybe have him befriend a face while staying heel. Maybe since AJ Styles is a country boy too they'll get along and AJ can help him fight the family at a later ppv.

So Luke can still run around a heel fucking people up like we love, but he'll get "he's not all bad" sympathy from coming out to save Styles a couple times.
>>
>>1073052
Well, have we ever heard him talk?
If we have, do we want him to?
And what I mean by that is, do we really want creative to start writing boring driveling promos for him?
>>
>>1073138

When he was solo and going into Mania last year for the IC title, they handled him very well. He never cut any promos, just fought a bunch of matches against the other guys from the ladder match.

There was one promo where everyone in the match came out. Harper said exactly one line in the entire lead up to Mania. "I want my Wrestlemania moment."

Then mania comes and he shows up in a clean shirt for once. And when he power bombed Dean through that laddered he turned, the camera did an off looking zoom up on him leaning back on the ropes with a creepy ass smile on his face.

Then him and Dean kept wearing the same outfit ever Raw until the Street Fight.

Creative actually used him really well. But whenever he does talk he sounds good. His voice isn't as spot on perfect as Braun's but he brings a lot of character to his lines. I'm sure he'd do fine with creative's scripts
>>
>>1073009
This is tricky on account of Harper always being portrayed as the one most devoted to Bray, so it would be kinda cliche if he just turned on Bray for mistreatment or whatever, but let me take a crack at it:

>Bray cuts a promo in his usual rambling style, the point he gets across is the Wyatts are for realsies now, the world has seen nothing yet and they're gonna fuck shit up (Yes, I know this happened a lot already, but this time it'll mean something concrete right off the bat)
>That very same night, the Wyatts come to the ring AFTER a match, they don't want to interfere with anyone, just hurt them, they have (prop) chains and thick knotted rope and beat up both the winner and the loser. Bray just stands there ranting and raving on the mic
>Week after week the attacks become increasingly vicious and in higher profile matches
>It becomes apparent Luke is getting most of the offense in, even pushing Braun and Erick away from his prey
>At one point, someone tries to outsmart them and run away, let's say Owens, only to be chased down by Harper to the top of the stage and gets it twice as bad
>In the ring Bray calls for his boys, but Harper won't stop, Rowan goes fetch him but is attacked by Harper
>Braun motions to go interfere, but Bray stops him, he's amused by this turn of events, he says if his children have a score to settle, he can arrange a match for them
>At the next minor PPV, Harper vs. Rowan, Harper puts on a clinic, out-wrestling the shit outta Rowan.
>After the match is won, Harper continues, and I mean he DESTROYS Rowan, clothesline after clothesline, puts him through an announce table, flails him with chains
>Braun can take no more, even he is disturbed, and gets into the to shove Harper off Rowan, they stare down, real intense, Harper is pretty much foaming out the mouth
>Bray gets into the ring, he's laughing, quite pleased with the display, he beckons Braun to take a Sister Abigail and he does so
>>
>>1073238
wut
>>
File: brodielee.jpg (58 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
brodielee.jpg
58 KB, 600x800
>>1073238
>It's Harper's turn to take a Sister Abigail, when it looks like he's giving himself in, he hits Bray with a Discus Clothesline
>Braun jumps him, still woozy, there's a scuffle but Harper can't take both Braun and Bray
>They chain him to the ringpost and push his shit in for a bit, the light goes off, comes back on, only the chains remain
>Rowan is sidelined for good, back to developmental to be repackaged, because he's rubbish and adds nothing
>Next Raw Bray and Braun is in the ring demanding Harper to come down and explain why he strayed form the path of his word
>Harper walks out with a huge butcher knife in hand, the announcers panic, Braun panic, security comes out, Bray laughs it off and lets Harper approach him
>Without a word, Harper uses the knife to cut as big of a chunk of his hair and/or beard as he can
>Bray gets FURIOUS, calls Harper a betrayer, says he'll never amount to nothing without his guidance, a match for the next major PPV is set up Harper vs. Strowman
>The announcer sell it like Harper is going off to be executed, this match is just pure punishment, surprisingly, Harper manages to hold his own, there's a real actual match
>At one point, Braun gets Harper in his sleeper hold, Harper passes out and drops limp, Braun gets off the ring
>Harper props up like the Undertaker and screams (so Braun can turn around and catch him), Luke then spears Braun through the ropes
>He binds Strowman in chains and takes a chunk out of his hair too, he then picks a mic and cuts a brief promo
>He says he finally understood what Bray wanted from him, he finally saw the meaning behind his words, he was put in this world to punish, he was a provider of pain
>And there's no greater affront in the eyes of God, then being an eater of Worlds
>Cue Harper vs. Bray

I already ran too long, that's the gist of it, Harper gets over as a violent monster-type and Bray still has Braun to order around.
>>
>>1073272
Tbh fampai...I would love this. Harper needs a solo run, dude can go.
>>
>>1073295

As a casual fan I agree. That gimmick of being a follower isn't going to work in the long run and he's a big guy (for me) that could match well vs Brock. Had he not gotten beaten to a pulp by lesnar at roadblock that is*
>>
>>1073238
>>1073272
I post a lot of long winded fan theories and usually don't get replies so I want you to know someone read the whole thing. This site would be better with more theories and less memes.

I really like it, but don't get rid of Rowan. He's more talented than the booking suggests sometimes, plus his mask is the greatest. I love how it got bandage up and purifies back to a clean white when he turned face for a bit.

If anything, Braun doesn't need the Wyatts. I'd like to see Braun retire Kane somewhere down the road and take his mask. Not become Kane 2 with the whole suit, just be Braun Strauman walking around in a Kane mask that barely ties around his fat head. And a bloody apron, maybe.

My personal dream booking is for Bray to say that the trinkets of mmortas are beneath him, but the WHC belt has caught his disciples eye. "He is just a man. And he likes shiny things ever so much". That sort of worship is a sin in his eyes, but Luke is his favorite child so he allows it. And at first Bray enjoys seeing his #2 happy. Luke is always staring at the belt, stroking it, talking to it. He defends it every ppv but still shows up for Wyatt matches. Eventually the belt gets in the way of Luke's duties and Bray decides to take it off of him as punishment. Giving Bray his first title and giving Luke a good reason to break off on his own and maybe even go face for a bit.
>>
I know this is off topic but can someone please explain to me why we can't have a general when the skatefags still get one
>>
harper should never be solo he's a good worker but he doesn't talk so what kind of story do you tell with him? he rebels against bray and then...? two weeks after their feud and he's showing up on smackdown as the third face in a 6-man tag main event with no explanation and you all know it.

the just need to save the wyatt family. they're magic hillbillies, can't they do something more interesting? i bray kidnapping roman's daughter was fucking awesome. they should just do bizarre true detective shit all the time. cover trips' car in blair witch shit. put fishhooks in kalistos mask. try and corrupt the new day. idgaf just something different for the sake of fuck.
>>
>>1073354

Braun should go after masks, just generally. Give him some motivation about revealing the fear beneath and let him just go crazy collecting masks and bringing them out in a bloody burlap sack.

I mean it'd just be Kane, Kalisto, Sin Cara, maybe the Matadors gay bandana things... but it's a start...
>>
Harper should win the us title and go on become the best united states champion ever, he deserves it. after 6-12 month of reigning make him go for the wwe tile. make him a super monster heel like the big show and everyone will take him serious. You can make it about how Bray Wyatt always controlled him and they he didn't show his true potential will actually believe this a potential and he would be over as fuck.
>>
>>1073364
Realistically, Kane's the only one that makes sense. Luchadores don't just remove masks for shitty storylines.
>>
>>1073369

Right, that's why it matters. Just give him mask vs beard matches until he's got a sack of masks. Then have Mysterio come back to avenge the honour of the luchadores and beat him at Summerslam. That match would be super satisfying.
>>
>>1073371
Rey "Ah fuck my muscles are detaching from my fucking body I'll be back in 9 months" Mysterio? No thanks.
>>
>>1073372

Wouldn't have to be more than one match. He looks alright in LU. Worse then basically anyone else on that roster, admittedly, but the nostalgia would make up for it.
>>
>>1073383
Cage's flippy shit is impressive, but Big Rick turning up the steam every once and a while (and obviously getting stopped before he can do whatever he was thinking of doing) is the funniest shit.
>>
>>1073386
Big Ryck is awesome, but my favourite is the fucking MACK, dude. He has the body of a black Kevin Steen, but doesn't wear a shirt because FUCK IT confidence is sexy. Then he's doing springboard moonsaults and missile dropkicks and other lucha shit. Fucking great.
>>
>>1073388
WILL E MACK!!! WILL E MACK!! WILL E MACK!!
>>
>>1073354
Having Bray ALLOW one of his cronies to be WHC somehow puts him more over than being the champ himself, while still giving Harper his due, good thinking, and I think it's never been done before.
>>
>>1073393

It's actually a killer idea except you'd have to spend a lot of time unburying Luke Harper so he can beat the champ. Otherwise you just have him win by shenanigans and you've got the same problem the Wyatts have now where none of them look strong.
>>
>>1073388
Hell yeah. Cage/Mack/SoH are awesome because you don't expect them to be able to move like that, Angelico/AeroStar/Drago are the real high flyers, but everytime Ryck starts running in place like he expects anyone to believe he's actually going to try a suicide dive makes me actually laugh out loud.

Like, did whoever writes the beautiful stories and scripts (albeit pretty scifi when it comes to a few mentioned luchas), actually note that Ryck should do that, or did he come up with that on his own? Because it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>1073396

If Bray had beaten Roman at HiaC things would look a lot different right now. I wager the whole show would look a lot better.
>>
>>1073398
SoH has the best look in all of wrestling.

>>1073416
Yeah. ANYONE BUT YOU was a great feud and the first time the Wyatts actually looked interesting in forever.
>>
>>1073416
If bray had actually been allowed to win any of his feuds, or at least not looked so pathetically weak the company as a whole would look a lot better. They're basically being treated like the second coming of Raven's flock in wcw, an intriguing stable that people want to get behind but the company isn't giving people any reason to give a shit.

Only in this case it's worse because at least the wcw had the nwo to fall back on at the time. The wwe doesn't have anything remotely as interesting to prop them up, not to mention there's an utter dearth of good heels which makes the way they treat the wyatts even more bizarre.
>>
>>1073420
And the strangest voice.
>>
Bray is a shit worker and the Wyatt family died years ago.
>>
>>1072509
bray is actually injured and thats why he wont face brock, kill yourself mark smark
>>
>>1073361

Harper actually has some pretty damn good promo skills, he just very rarely gets to show them.
>>
>>1073825

Thank youuuuu. Mother fucker has had the same exact feud with a rotating group of faces for his entire career.
>>
File: brock-68964295.jpg (39 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
brock-68964295.jpg
39 KB, 642x361
Got to admire creative, still finding new ways to bury talent that's already been booked to the toilet...

>"it's a Bray Wyatt match, how should we make him lose this time?"
>"what if we don't make him lose..."
>"...what if we make him run away from the match even before he fights at all?"
>"The New Face of Fear, afraid to get in the ring? Awesome!"

WWE sure is good.

>>1073826
>bray is actually injured

Not saying you're bullshitting, but any source on this? Or at least the nature of the injury?
>>
>>1074733
Yeah the few promos he is in they are great.
>>
>>1074763
Meltzer says his back is messed up. That is all we have.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.