[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the bets thing I can do at home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: home-08.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
home-08.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Like the title says what type of workout/exercises/whatever I can do at home to be able to defend myself?Yes I know already that I can't compete with people who go to gym and do fighting sports but still I want to do the best I can at home.All I have is one 10kg dumbbell pullup bar and hand gripper.Also I was wondering if video games where you need to have really fast reactions can help you with that in real life?Of course I don't expect to be spoonfed but I have no idea what to search for and people here are usually really knowledgeable.
>>
>>1301794
Masturbation.
>>
>>1301794

Pushups, crunches, Russian twists, burpees, leg lifts, weight lifting, and working with a full body heavy bag (for kicks) and a speed bag (for reaction) as long as you basically understand how to punch (keep wrist straight, know where to make contact with fist, leg, or elbow, etc).

And for the love of Zeus practice yoga or some shit or you'll pull a muscle in your back or leg and set yourself back months of training every time.
>>
>>1301794
Body-weight strength training, yoga, sprinting and parkour.

If you insist on trying to learn fighting by yourself, watch expertboxing to learn how to punch and practice bobbing & weaving while punching a heavybag, tree or lamppost.
Alternately you could practice palm strikes so you don't have to worry about developing boxer's fracture.

Video games only condition your finger reflexes. Learning to move your entire body quickly is much harder. For that you would need one of those spinning sparring dummies like you see in movies.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.