[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had to put a robin that flew into my window out of its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 648.png (179 KB, 600x511) Image search: [Google]
648.png
179 KB, 600x511
I just had to put a robin that flew into my window out of its misery. This is the first time I've taken the life of an animal intentionally that wasn't a bug or through fishing.

God I feel like shit right now.
>>
You did the right thing Anon, it's okay.
>>
>>2029777
if youre miserable... just put yourself out of your misery
>>
>>2029777
Maybe my story will make you feel less shit.

I had to let a cat suffer today. She was brought in as a stray, something terrible happened to her. Obviously one leg is broken, but she can't use her whole hind end. At first I assumed nerve damage or paralyzed which doesn't hurt much. But this cat was shaking continuously, howling and reaching out to people as they walked by for help. We laid her down in a cage and there is something visually wrong with here bottom half. It sank and bulged in places it shouldn't. The cat shit itself, when I cleaned it I noticed it was more blood and fleshy chunks than shit. And the fucking crying and howling at the top of it's lungs, the shaking. I tried to comfort her for a while, and noticed she was purring and cleaning herself when she wasn't howling in pain (both are behaviors cats do to calm themselves after being injured). I called my manager because we need permission from her to euthanize anything, and my manager would need to call a vet in anyway as the last one had left. But she denied, told me to wait until tomorrow. I guess that's fine for her, she doesn't have to stay up at night thinking about it. It's horrible when you want to kill something so bad, just because that's how much it's suffering, and can't
>>
>>2029777
You're a natural. Get a hunting license. You'll enjoy it?
>>
>>2030067
I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm guessing you work at the vet's or the pound? That's sad that an animal had to go through that much and your manager just let it linger till the next day.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.