[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitbull thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 24
File: images-12.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images-12.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
Pitbull thread?
>>
>>2115830
all the ones ive met are overly affectionate and would bruise your leg with their tails
>>
>>2115830

Thats not a pitbull.
>>
This is a pitbull.
>>
>>2116679
That dog is fookin j00cy m8. Mirin hard
>>
File: 1460308677819.jpg (38 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460308677819.jpg
38 KB, 640x640
>>2116669
>>2116679
Gee, I wonder why people get confused.
>>
>>2116665
and then they would turn around and rip the throat out of your dog.
>>
>>2116774
It's always funny to me to meet a racist that can't spell.

Do the world a favor and don't have kids.
>>
>>2116779
Nice job arguing the point faggot
>>
>>2116774
>Why the fuck would you chose a dog that has literally bred for his biting abilities?

Because there are dozens of other things it was bred to do too. They're an incredibly versatile dog, performing well in all categories and excelling in strength, agility, and intelligence.

Which makes them great for things like search and rescue, disability service, and those strong jaws you mentioned have been put to use protecting farms from wild animals like boars.

>or you chose to adopt a pitbull to make a point that pitbulls ARE THE SWEETEST DOGS EVER, THEY WOULDN'T HURT A FLY

I don't get them to make a point that they're the sweetest dog ever: I get them because, as long as they're socialized early and trained well, they ARE the sweetest dogs ever.
>>
Pits are high risk high reward dogs.
Raise them wrong, it hates everything and bites everyone until it inevitably gets put down. Especially since they're smart as fuck dogs so its not easy holding a pissed off pit in a yard short of titanium alloy walls.

On the other hand, raise them right, they're smart, loyal, and good with a family.
>>
>Rescue a dog
>Rescue says he is a lab/dachshund mix
>Curious so get a breed test done on him
>Get results
>He is more than 50% American Staffordshire
A-am I a bad p-person for having a pitbull, /an/? I don't want to be a nigger or white trash ;_;
>>
gas the pits breed war now
>>
>>2116807
Too late
>>
File: pit012.jpg (62 KB, 600x508) Image search: [Google]
pit012.jpg
62 KB, 600x508
>>2116679
I think they are called pitbulls in general. The one in your pic looks like a game bred American pitbull terrier
>>
>work at petsmart
>have adoptions every weekend with the humane society
>they'll let people kind of piggyback of their event and try to adopt their dogs out if they cant take it
>girl with pitbull needs to get rid of it
>its constantly trying to jump on other dogs(its the weekend so theirs always 20+ in the store for a good part of the day)
>even when its in its cage it is moving it by a few feet trying to attack other dogs
>keeps using the bathroom
>wont stop barking, they have to block its vision of the other dogs in the cages next to it
>girl is having a mental breakdown no one wants her shitty dog
>gets SUPER fucking defensive when someone offhandedly mentions pitbulls can be pretty dog aggressive
>she wants this animal to go to a home with a small child
>forgot to mention she was ultra white trash if that wasn't apparent and she was either on heroin or meth
>>
>>2116774
They were not bred for their bite strength retard. Out of 4 dogs whose bites were tested, pit bulls got the lowest bite psi. Game APBT were bred for tenacity because that's what wins a fight. Try to put a pet bull with a game pit though, the pet bull is a fucking pussy. Only a few generations of not actively breeding for that type of work, they lose a ton of the 'instinct' and traits from it
>>
>>2118550

No its a pitbull terrier, its assumed theyre game bred. If you want to call nigger fashion accessory mutts pitbulls you are incorrect.
>>
Well trained
>>
File: illiterate.png (360 KB, 640x953) Image search: [Google]
illiterate.png
360 KB, 640x953
>>2116774
>>2116779
My reaction every time I see someone who can't spell worth shit.
>>
>>2118607
>Out of 4 dogs whose bites were tested
Geez, that's quite a selection.
>>
File: noa22.jpg (445 KB, 2880x1915) Image search: [Google]
noa22.jpg
445 KB, 2880x1915
my dog was attacked by pitbulls again yesterday.

out of all 30+ times it's been attacked all of them were pitbulls.
>>
File: kingu.jpg (75 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
kingu.jpg
75 KB, 480x480
Cousin got a puppy. His name is King. Cousin interacts with said puppy so much, the puppy thinks I'm his owner. Hasn't even taken him to the vet. Anyone around Charlotte, NC want a pit bull puppy? He's a sweet dog.
>>
>>2116807
Staffordshires are the sweetest little things, it's only the American bully that has a bad reputation, really. They make very good family dogs.
>>
>>2119317
Where the fuck are you taking your dog where it's been attacked 30+ times?
>>
>>2119330
my city has a lot of methheads and GHB addicts.
>>
>>2119336
I'm sorry. Shitty people raise shitty dogs.
>>
File: noa14.jpg (622 KB, 1331x881) Image search: [Google]
noa14.jpg
622 KB, 1331x881
>>2119338
it's ok, I usually manage to kick them away and lift my dog off the ground before they really get to her.

moving isn't an option, all cities are like that in europe.
>>
>>2119340
Have you considered moving to the countryside? Or can you not because of your job?
>>
>>2119341
there's more addicts on the country side than in the city since that's where all the cheap rental houses are.

I already live in the quiet part of my 'city'

it's usually not much of a problem during the winter, but once it's summer we got a lot of boat tourists with shitty untrained dogs around here.

she's only been wounded a couple times, other than that it's just some scratches.
>>
>>2116774
This.

Its a dog for niggers. Let the breed die.
>>
>>2119340
My bugguy senses are tingling for some reason. You aren't trying to ruse us are you lad?
>>
File: noa drowned.jpg (376 KB, 2764x1843) Image search: [Google]
noa drowned.jpg
376 KB, 2764x1843
>>2119374
I posted a thread the last time she was wounded, if you've been here longer than 2 years you've probably seen it.
>>
>>2119378
So...you are bugguy? Or he just has a dog that looks almost exactly like yours. I think he calls his dog an it, though.
>>
File: noa27.jpg (915 KB, 2764x1843) Image search: [Google]
noa27.jpg
915 KB, 2764x1843
>>2119381
I didn't change my trip m8.
>>
>>2116774
>australian cattle dog aka HEELER
>champion comp + show dog
>praised for biting abilities whilst working cattle/sheep

also the most lovable if trained right. learn before you open your virtual mouth cunt
>>
>>2119680
I have a rough ass Australian cattle dog that regularly fucks up German shepherds and Rottweilers.

But I fear the day she gets into it with a pit bull.

You know damn well those are two different kinds of biting.

Pit bulls were bred to kill wild boars. Heelers were bred to nip at sheep ankles.
>>
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 3323x1868) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 3323x1868
>>2116700
Forgot one
>>
File: CAM00073.jpg (979 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00073.jpg
979 KB, 2048x1536
No recent pics unfortunately.
>>
Family had a pitbull they called a "piti-bull".
She was sweet as a candy cane.

Almost saw 20 years old before she passed.
>>
>>2115830
what, so you can maul him to death?
>>
>>2118607
>Pitbulls have the lowest bite psi of these 4 leading brands
>>
honestly pitbulls were BREAD to fight and be aggressive so its no surprise that they are violent.
they are naturally fighting dogs
my Labrador retriever automatically knows how to retrieve, pit bulls magically know how to fight
>>
>>2119314
Yes because we need to test a pitbull bite PSI to that of a French bulldog!

The most popular guard breeds were tested because money isn't infinite and no one gives a fuck about animals.

>>2119340
I thought pit bulls were widely banned through most of Europe

>>2119386
That's bugguys dog

>>2119689
>two different kinds of biting
Explain
>>
>>2121375
>That's bugguys dog
That's bugguy posting.
Without any problems.
go figure
>>
File: bread.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
>>2121336

bread =/= bred
>>
>>2121375
they were unbanned here in 2006 or something.

too bad.
>>
>>2116774
>Why the fuck would you chose a dog that has literally bred for his biting abilities?
Because they were the first in line at the pound to be euthanized when we came to pick up a dog.
>>
Ticking time bomb land sharks.
>>
File: jLlRQWo-.jpg (84 KB, 963x963) Image search: [Google]
jLlRQWo-.jpg
84 KB, 963x963
I heard there was a bugguy hanging around in this thread, headed over as soon as I got the call. What seems to be the problem? Also, cute dogs!
>>
>>2121402
It gets worse. My area banned pit bulls, and in the past 3 years Akitas and cane corsos have been taking their spot and doing serious damage to children and adults alike. Dog attacks didn't go down. But the breeds got bigger and stronger. At least a pit is 30lbs.

>>2121496
Thank god you're here, it's a nasty one too
>>
>>2121586
>A pit is 30 pounds
What are you on? I have a pit puppy and it's already nearing 30 pounds and nowhere near grown.
>>
>>2119340
Don't worry: your dog only feels nociception anyways. She doesn't suffer.
>>
Why the fuck do they find the need to do this?
Literally the only animal owners that are so insecure about their shit breed of child eaters that they all do this. I cringe so hard every time

>lol I can be around this dog I feed and have raised since infancy better go post a photo with some Reddit tier sarcastic caption like "Wow look how vicious he is!"
Vomit inducing
>>
>>2116774
>or you chose to adopt a pitbull to make a point that pitbulls ARE THE SWEETEST DOGS EVER, THEY WOULDN'T HURT A FLY

No to make the point that ANY DOG can be sweet

Dogs are only as good as their masters, there are no shitty dogs, just shitty masters
>>
>>2121679
The people that champion the pit bull cause are obnoxious as fuck. Yeah, sure they have a bad reputation, and yeah, you actually put the time and investment into raising yours right. We get it. Now stop plastering pictures of it everywhere and bragging about it at every opportunity.
>>
>>2121679

That's just a quote from pokemon. You're literally quoting pokemon. When you start quoting an anime about cockfighting to make a point you know you fucked up
>>
>>2121686
I think you've been playing Pokemon a bit too much, son.

>>2121679
Note that the same applies to children, and then take note of how many terrible human beings there are on this planet.
>>
>>2119689
>regularly fucks up other dogs
Wow, that's something to be proud of anon! Your dog deserves the shovel treatment desu
>>
>>2115830
>le angsty image dog

There is literallly no reason to get this dog other than image. There are dozens of breeds as loyal or sweet but oh no, niggers gotta have a nigger dog too.
>>
>>2121681
This. It's a fucking trash animal that only niggers and white niggers insist on owning.
>>
>>2116779
Good argument. What did he even spell wrong?
>>
>>2121676
>can't spell 'vicious' correctly
>typical pitbull owner
I'll bet she knows how to spell 'EBT' though.
>>
>>2123046
Mixed up chose and choose. Also, messed up a couple of spaces.
>>
>>2121619
Staffordshire Bulls can be about that size. APBT, Amstaffs, and American Bullys aren't.
>>
>>2119728
dale
>>
>>2121336
Nice bait m8
>>
>>2115830
I can understand the need to fight the stereotype that pitbulls are evil killing machines. But people go over the top with defending pitbulls as a breed.

I mean, you either have discussions and images about how badass they are, or discussions and images about how they are by far the sweetest things and its all bias and how they are raised that makes them dangerous. To me, because they were bred to kill and fight, have strong jaws, and statistics show they attack a lot (even if they are massively overrepresented), they are probably on the dangerous side and don't need to be sold as the sweetest thangs evar. Like all dogs they're malleable of course.

Anyways, at the shelter I volunteer at, I've had generally good experience with pitbulls (stafordshire and american) so they're alright with me. And these are the ones that people get in trouble with. I like em.
>>
>>2121336
>>2121336
>honestly
this is a word you use when talking about yourself and your personal opinions, not facts

>honestly the sky is blue
it's not up to you, so it sounds obnoxious.

>honestly, it's not up to you
also retarded, because i don't get to decide what's up to you. the state of reality does.

>honestly, i need to wear diapers because i have a leaking problem
works just fine, as you've got exclusive info here.

>honestly, i just like wearing diapers
also works great, as you are being honest about something

you just don't preface factual assertions with honestly, anon.
thanks for listening :3
>>
>>2121586
>Akitas and cane corsos
i'd bet money that "and" is being used very loosely here

akitas as the violent breed for stupid owners is just /an/ being edgy

Mastiffs are just Pit Bull XL: fashionably mean, badly trained

Akitas are fashionable for very different reasons, hence they have smarter (or nerdy) owners, and are less dangerous because of it.
>>
Pits are a alright dog breed but I wouldn't adopt one since I just don't like how they look and there is a big influx of pit mixes in Georgia. Although most people I have known that have a pit mix tend to be really nice dogs but they do love to chew everything though.
>>
http://www.insurancejournal.com/blogs/academy-journal/2016/05/16/408427.htm

>Regardless of the state and the availability of exclusionary endorsements or the ability to charge a higher premium, insurers are attempting to underwrite the dog exposure by identifying the breed of the dog in question and assessing the extent to which the exposure is increased by that breed. From an underwriting perspective, statistics are more powerful evidence than how gentle and loving the owner claims his pit bull or Rottweiler is.
>>
>>2123693
All your good, non pit bull type dogs are being sent to NY because they actually get adopted
>>
>>2123690
Unfortunately I can't show you what I see, you'd just have to live here to find out.

Not to say either of these dogs are overwhelmingly popular like pit bulls generally are, but they are both as commonly seen as GSDs. But niggers are scared of gsds
>>
>>2119728
MISSA WORLWIYYY
>>
>>2115830
Ops pic looks like nice dog but not an APBT
>>
>>2116679
Right! I miss the dogs that look like this. Everywhere are ghetto dogs, bullies and overdone AmStaffs.
>>
File: bestdoge.jpg (93 KB, 1216x668) Image search: [Google]
bestdoge.jpg
93 KB, 1216x668
is pitbull?
>>
>>2116774
The original reason I wanted a pit is Pete the pups fault. Meeting a bunch of apbts at a fun show for conformation and weight pull confirmed it. I do prefer the smaller bulldogs over the AmStaffs you see in AKC Shows. Bullies are just disgusting.
>>
>>2118550
American Pit Bull Terrier. The AKC version is called American Staffordshire Terrier. There is also the Staffordshire Bull Terrier and Spuds is a Bull Terrier.
>>
>>2118550
This pic reminds me of a pit I knew. Nice dog a little bit shy. No matter how much he was fed he would look leaner than a greyhound. He could climb like a monkey too.
>>
>>2118602
I believe it. I've seen English bulldog pups act the same way.
>>
>>2119314
If he talking about what I think he is Brady Barr had 4 different breeds bite a sleeve and the pit had the lowest bite force.
>>
>>2121397
Please tell me that this pic is a shoop and there aren't real life flesh and blood dogs that are this inbred.
>>
>>2124192
>ears set high
>broad chest
>short hair
>round to almond shaped eyes

Technically yes.
>>
>>2119317
But Murican pits are banned here. Yer dog is takin it from a chihuahua admit it.
>>
>>2123677
>statistics show they attack a lot (even if they are massively overrepresented),

I recall seeing a chart, though I can't for the life of me find it, that showed something like 5-7 breeds, their population numbers, number of attacks, and what percentage of the population that was. Even though pits were #2 on attacks, only .018% of the population was likely to attack.

because all of the other breeds combined and doubled didn't equal the number of pits. #2 on population was rottweilers with just over 1 million. #1 was pits with five fucking million.

and that was in the UK I believe. There are parts of the US there 90% of stray dog populations are pit mixes, which really stacks the odds against them.
>>
With Pits it's just a matter of time before they attack.
Why even risk it?
I say just put them all to sleep.
>>
What is it about Pits that trigger /an/ons so badly?
>>
>>2119317
I call bullshit! If that lap dog got attacked just once there would not be much left
>>
>>2116774
I have them but they are hunting dogs. They are the only ones that can catch and hold a 300 pound boar. Try that with a poodle
>>
>>2119381
yeah that's bugfag
>>
>>2124592
More bullshit ! My grandfathers pit lived to 17 and never bit anyone. I
>>
Pit bulls make great hog hunting dogs.
>>
>>2124933
try that with a dogo argentino.
>>
>>2115830
disgusting creatures

>>2116774
this this this this

>>2121679
>Dogs are only as good as their masters, there are no shitty dogs, just shitty masters
this is not true btw
>>
>>2119317
i'm so sorry to hear that
fucking scum breed needs to be eradicated
inb4
>BUT MUH PITTY SO SWEET HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>2124241
most pitbulls aren't APBT's.

it's an umbrella term for shitty bully breed mongrels.
>>
>>2116700
>no picture of pitbull the rapper
>>
>>2119340
Kicking a pit don't get'em off son. Where the fuck In Europe are people raising pits? I know they're banned in the UK.
>>
>>2116774
THIS! Fucking nigga dogs owned by fucking stupid trash people wanting to have the strongest dog in the park. Fuck this stupid breed.
>>
>>2115830
Nigger dog for niggers
>>
File: 1459982123262.jpg (442 KB, 638x3464) Image search: [Google]
1459982123262.jpg
442 KB, 638x3464
>>2115830
>>
>>2126928
Oh.
>>
>>2126928
>the mothers dog
>"just snapped"
>lots of unsaid things like how the mother treated the dog

Aggression levels are only what the animal learns. A stressed as fuck "mommy" not "MASTER OF THIS ALLOWED TO BE HERE ANIMAL" (caps lock for the proper way to keep a dog)

Dog breeder/owner and show dog trainer. There are triggers. You do not treat a dog as a baby for a reason. They will "grow up" at some point. Only small dogs are allowed to these types of idiots. The biggest bite ratio of all dogs, by more than 90% in some years are small dogs.

You now know why.
>>
>>2126969
>work for UPS
>the last 13 reported dog attacks have been dachshunds when there are a ton of trashy mutts on chains and ranch dogs in my area
>>
>>2126928
HE A GOOD DOG HE DINDU NUFFIN
HE WAS GETTIN HIS LIFE TOGETHER GOIN TO OBEDIENCE TRAINING EVRY WEEK
>>
>>2126928
>Spay/Neuter
>No
GEE WHO WOULD HAVE FUCKING THOUGHT
>>
>>2126969
>HE DINDU NUFFIN HE WUZ A GOOD BOY
>>
File: argument-typo.jpg (32 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
argument-typo.jpg
32 KB, 735x541
>>2116779
>It's always funny to me to meet a racist that can't spell.
>Do the world a favor and don't have kids.

No anon, you're the retard here.
>>
>>2123698
So much fucking this! Pits, Rotties, GSD, Huskies... fucking hate those breeds. Why are people even considering those aggressive breeds when they live in the fucking civilization. Those are the people yelling at me to call my dog back at the park as if it is my fault they own wild fucking demons.
>>
>>2127126
except I wasn't arguing with him. I don't even know what he was trying to argue about.

I just laugh every time our resident racists post here and their spelling and grammar are those of a Brazilian gold miner with terminal mercury poisoning and a pint of moonshine in him.

it's funny.
because you're stupid.
it's even funnier that I get to explain it to your stupid little self. Makes me giggle.

racists are dumb.
>>
>>2126928
kek
>>
>>2126928
>she didn't neuter her pitbull

My dad's coworker when I was 8 told me what happens when you don't neuter your bully.
>>
>>2127197
>Hurrdurr grammer haha

So, grammar aside, I get it you're all for putting these dangerous animals down, right anon? Since you haven't actually argued otherwise, I assume you don't have any objections. Good to know you're a sane person. Have a great day and death to all pitbulls! ^_^
>>
>>2127208
What happens?
>>
>>2116774
This desu

I don't deny that some of them are sweet dogs individually but we should really let this stupid breed die out
>>
>>2127197
fuck off you stupid cuck
>>
>>2126928
I shoot pitbulls every chance I get in my neighborhood. We live in a non-gated community but all the houses have individual gates. If I see a pitbull outside someones gate and its not being walked I shoot it with a subsonic .22

works suprisingly well for a small round. i'm up to 3 already and nobody suspects me. Don't get a nigger tier dog if you live in a nice neighborhood, faggots
>>
>>2127460
Doing God's work you glorious faggot.
>>
>looking at new apartments with the gf a month ago
>gf is from a white trash family and her fatass sister has a horribly untrained pit bull that has previously attacked the other dogs in the house
>apartment lady says pets are allowed, but there's a breed list, no pit bulls
>gf whines later that pit bulls good dogs, they dindu nuffin
>today sister's pit bull kills one of the other dogs
>can't fuckin' say the obvious

The dog killed was part pit, too. They're just shitty dogs for shitty people. The sister would post that shit about how sweet pit bulls are and spout the made-up "nurse dog" crap.
>>
>>2126986
I'm a postal carrier and the 2nd to last bite in my station was a pitbull. all the other recent ones have been small mutts, mostly terrier-ish. I did have to outrun a pug the other day.
>>
>>2115830
Pitbulls are ugly.
>>
>>2116807
>Staffordshire

You are okay, nothing to worry about.
>>
>>2119689
You sound like a pathetic bogan...
Keep your dog out of fights, look after it and please don't breed.
>>
>>2126794
They aren't even that strong of a breed.
>>
Pitbulls are really not bad dogs. The problem lies in the fact that they're very smart and very strong.

They need an EXTREMELY experienced bad owner (95% of dog owners cant even get their dog to not pull them when on a leash).

It's a shame really, they can be really nice. I live in the Balkans and many absolute shit tier dog owners have pits here, and they cant even cross a street without their dog trying to get at another pitbull or any other dog.

And then there's this friend of mine that has had large powerful dogs all his life and is extremely good at teaching them respect towards pets and dogs alike. You can really tell when a dog is 100% submitting to their owner, this dog never so much as looks at other dogs trying to bark and him and whatnot.
>>
>>2126928
You must be pretty dumb or pretty small to get killed by a dog.
>>
>>2127750
>nurse dog
I hate when people believe this bullshit
>>
>>2124236
I have bad news for you...
>>
>all these people don't realize labs are literally pit bulls
>All these people want labs to be an extinct breed
Fags, all of you.
>>
>>2118602
Typical pitbull owner.
>>
>>2127872
How labs becoming extinct is a bad thing?
>>
>>2127897
Retrieving is one of the very few things working dogs are still the right tool for.
>>
Pitbulls are not appropriate to have as pets. The only situation in which you should own them is if you need them for working, and I say this as a pit owner.

No matter how experienced you are with bull breeds, no matter how much they submit, they are simply not safe to have in a home environment and if kept, should be kenneled alone and muzzled when walked in a public area.

You can have a pit as submissive as you like, but the fact that such a powerful dog has terrier in it, all it takes is for a noise to make it click and you have disaster on your hands.

inb4 BUT LITTLE DOGS ARE SO SNAPPY XDD MY PIBBLE WOULDNT HURT A FLY

little dogs can't do the same level of damage a pit can do.
>>
>>2128797
Any dog larger than 20 pounds can seriously damage someone. All it takes is one little kid not understanding dogs, and to give a stressed golden retriever a hug, and suddenly the kid has no face.

I am not saying this exonerates dogs of peace, but at the same time, any large dog can just snap and you can have a disaster.
>>
>>2128818
I'm not refuting that any dog can do damage, and I would say the same about muzzling any terrier breed as I would a pit. You should never, ever leave a child around any dog unsupervised but as a dog with terrier in them they are more likely than a retriever to attack a child that's squealing while playing.
>>
>>2128847

Sameway I feel about my dachshund... she will never be alone with children but Im a little more relaxed about my mastiff.
>>
File: when-pit-bull-advocacy-kills.jpg (31 KB, 485x300) Image search: [Google]
when-pit-bull-advocacy-kills.jpg
31 KB, 485x300
>>2126928
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-boy-9-mauled-to-death-by-sisters-pit-bulls/
>>
>>2116700
Kek
>>
I think I can take on a pitbull as long as I'm wearing a jacket or something.
I'm pretty sure no matter how strong they are a good kick to the stomach or face would fuck them up. Or you could let it bite your arm and strange him with the other hand, or just body slam the motherfucker
>>
>>2128847
Not if the retriever is resource guarding or fearful if strangers. Do not underestimate retrievers
>>
>>2130443

Hard to body slam something with four legs, anon.
>>
Friend's pitbull is the most aggressive animal I've ever fucking seen, nearly killed the other dogs he has and is just an asshole. Then again my friend is a shitty owner.
Anyway the pit just got anther one of his dogs ( a pointer ) preggo.
He's offered to give me a puppy or even more if I want.
Wat do?
>>
>>2130448
Aggression can be genetic. The dog may be prone to be dog aggression just like the father and be just as bad. So if you don't like that, which it sounds like you don't, it won't be a good idea
>>
>>2119728
HAH
>>
>>2130446
Resource guarding and fearful is learnt behaviour, and they're less likely to hold on, just bite and release the tension they're feeling.

The want to kill a small squealing creature is bred in, and they rarely let go.
>>
>>2119340
>moving isn't an option, all cities are like that in europe

lmao, ok.
>>
>>2127197
>>2127197
I just laugh every time our resident racists post here and their spelling and grammar are those of a Brazilian gold miner with terminal mercury poisoning and a pint of moonshine in him.

cringe thread material right there
>>
>>2130448

A pitbull x pointer would have far too much drive to be a house pet mate.
>>
>>2119317
Everytime I see one of those rats they are always barking at my dog while my pitbull sits automatically.

Fucking oldhags can't even raise well a dog. If they had a simple labrador, it would bite everyone.
>>
>>2126928
Magically they become assasins.
>he din du nuffin
>buttblasted memers
Obviously the dog is not responsible. But these dogs should be banned.

If you are going to have a family dog, and there is no one who can TRAIN it every week, don't buy dangerous dogs such as pitbulls.
>>
>>2116779
Dindu detected
>>
pitbulls are assholes, i mean sure theyre "chill" if you train them right but theyre basically only bred as a weapon. Plus many have unaggrovated attacks on their owners
>>
>>2131790
>bred for killing
You don't even know how those traits even work.
Almost every "trained" pitbull is raised by an "amateur" trainer, who don't even know how dogs think, then he sells the dog to a white-trash man or a fucking latino/nigger. The degenerate and violent environment ALWAYS fuck up the dog's behavior.
If you want to buy a dog with a hamster dog. Buy small dogs.

Europe and america is full of those dangerous animals. Hell,if you don' have experience training dogs, go buy a labrador or a ratdog, you can treat it like a baby or a piece of shit, and it would be still hard for them to bite someone.
>>
>>2131789
T. Reddit
>>
>>2131819
I can't fucking write properly with thid fucking android.

Just ban pitbulls. There will be always faggota who will still buy them even though they don't take training seriously.
>>
>>2121619
An APBT is about 30-40 lbs, a pit bull can be 20lbs to 110 lbs or more because it's a fucking mutt

>>2123011
That's literally true for every pet breed of animal then.

>>2123677
The problem is the definition of pit bull. In NY, actual golden retrievers and poodle crosses are getting labeled as pit bulls because you get very cheap vet care if you do so. So then, when the same poor trash's dog attacks a kid, it is now labeled as a pit bull by law due to vaccination records. But the opposite is also true; an American Bulldog is a pit bull, a Catahoula Leopard dog is a pit bull, a Mastiff is a pit bull. Anything that looks like a pit to the general public is a pit.

Most of the dogs labeled pit bull were never bred to be dog fighters, never trained do shit.

The issue is even the people that love pit bulls don't know enough about them because other people that love pit bulls are throwing out this misinformation that people gobble up and spread even further.

I think the biggest problem with 'pit bulls' is that they are coming from shitty breeders. No breeder worth their salt would just breed a 'pit bull', they would be breeding an APBT or staffie or something, even if it were outcrossing to better the breed. So all these pibble lovers are getting this shitty BYB trash, where they don't know the genetics or the temperaments and they were probably being bred without a fucking care in the world with how the parents act. Now those dogs can still be raised to be good dogs, however at the point of unpredictability you have to prepare a lot and work really hard. Which most dog owners can't even teach their dog to come when called. Very dangerous situation.
>>
Related anecdote - years ago when i was in high school, a friend and I went to a quiet park to smoke. We finished up and were walking through the park, it was starting to get dark and there were lots of big trees around. Suddenly out of nowhere I see this fucking big muscly pitbull just charging at me with no lead.

Me and my mate were both cooked and were just kind of standing there not knowing what to do, this thing's going HAM and there's no way we could outrun it. Then I realise its owner is literally sprinting after him, and he's screaming "HE'S FRIENDLY!! HE'S FRIENDLY!!!!"

I'm shitting my pants, the dog is a couple metres away now, and just when it looks like it's about to fucking pounce, the owner just full on dive tackles it to the ground and wrestles with it to get the lead back on.

After that, even with the lead back on, the pit bull still was pulling so hard and arcing up at me and growling and the owner was just like "Oh he just wanted to say hi lol." Sure mate, you just had to dive tackle him so I didn't get licked to death
>>
>>2116700
Hey, ever been mauled by a bromeliad? Don't joke about that shit, OK. It's how my son lost the vision in his left eye.
>>
>>2132306
>don't talk to me, or my half blind son again
>>
>>2127876

That is not really accurate, that is the typical pitbull owner THAT YOU HEAR ABOUT.
>>
>>2132088
lol
>>
my babies
>>
my lilas with her babie
>>
>>
a little man
>>
>>2121676

This is honestly the only thing I have against the breed: the smug sense of self-righteousness of pit owners is sickening.
>>
All this goddamn controversy
I wanted to get one (mix) but now I'm having cold feet
>why.avi
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x366
Pit bulls and other big strong dogs are dangerous animals for any random person to keep as pets.

If a shitty owner keeps a small dog, they may get bite injuries. If a shitty owner keeps a pit bull, you may get fatally wounded.

The pit bull apologists make this worse because they encourage everyone that pit bulls are the kindest dogs and will only attack if they are mistreated.

Pet owners need training before the pet owners can train their big dogs. If this rule cannot be put into place, ban people from owning big dogs that have high rates of killing.
>>
>>2123690
>Mastiffs are just Pit Bull XL: fashionably mean, badly trained

lmao confirmed as never owned one
>>
>>2133625
Lmao confirmed as never seen more data points. Go into a few other residencies who own mastiffs.
>>
>>2128902
>about my mastiff.
i think it depends on the breed of mastiff
>>
>>2133627
i have and they've all been super sweet

are you talking about bullmastiffs aka nigger dog x mastiff?
>>
>>2133597
Get it as an adult so you will Have an idea of what you are dealing with. Any byb dog will have unknown temperament, so if you get a puppy just keep it socialized a much as you can, do a ton of research, and be prepared for road bumps. The issue with a lot of dog bites is that they were never well socialized or they were untrained. Don't let food and resource aggression go, make sure that shit is nipped right away.
>>
>>2133633
A huge chunk of pitbull attacks are from "super sweet" dogs who just fucking snap for literally no reason.

For every one person claiming their dogs are the sweedest widdle fings, there are about 5 others who have had their own animals savaged by this breed.

They were bred for aggression. They were bred for CENTURIES to be placed into arenas and kill other animals 1 on 1, and then bred even further to be placed into arenas and SAVAGE OTHER PITBULLS TO DEATH.

You're on /an/, you should have a better understanding of animals than this.
>>
Is there anything worse than Pitbull posts on Facebook?
>Here's a picture of my Pitbull next to a baby, this prove's they're not dangerous!
Fucking annoying cunts
>>
Whats your perception of training your dog well/being a good owner?

What should the owner teach, debate if you'd like. Im basically trying to figure what are the noob level mistakes many make.
>>
>>2133650
They are not bred for that anymore though
>>
>>2134055

Not by public breeders - but in the ghetto and private BYBs?

Don't be naive, bruh.
>>
>>2116724
Tru
>>
>>2133650
>"You should have a better understanding of animals than this"
>Logic from dogsbite.org

Fucking kek.
I think I've read it at least twice in this thread, but those dog bite statistics are based off of reports that even claim they don't know the breed of the animal, and often use pitbull for ratings. TLDR they are wrong.

It's like saying "these 17 breeds and their mixes make up for more dog bites than X breed"

Go look up "game pit vs pet bull" on some Afghan or Russian YouTube and tell me that the everyday "pits" are bred for fucking things up. The majority aren't bred for shit and it shows when you place one with a dog that actually was bred for it. They are tossed around like a doll.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.