[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Betta vs Goldfish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Untitled.jpg (64 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64 KB, 800x600
Why are Goldfish so inferior to Bettas in every way?
>>
>>2044509
> no dorsal fin
>>
>>2044509
Bettas are gay ass meme fish.
>>
>Can't puff up on their own
>Have to be bred to have puffy faces
>>
Because goldfish are giant poop machines that don't have a labyrinth organ.
>>
>>2044519
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little goldfish? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Fish, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the quarantine tank, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in underwater warfare and I have the top flare in the entire fish tank. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this water, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, goldfucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of shrimp across the tank and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, bloodworm. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, fish. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my dorsal fin. Not only am I extensively trained in fin combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the tank's Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable inbred genes off the face of the continent, you little goldfish. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking gaping koi mouth. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn goldfish. I will flare fury all over you and you will dry out in it. You’re fucking dead, goldo.
>>
>>2044520

>Breeding goldfish to have giant disgusting sacs coming out of their eyes that probably ruins their vision and quality of life.
>Not breeding them to have large expandable sacks that they use for breeding or as a defense mechanism like a puffer fish.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
>>2044509
They must have no peripheral vision
>>
File: 51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg (63 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg
63 KB, 500x333
>>2044509
>goldfish
>can live 30 years if properly cared for
>good community fish
>no wasting money on a heater
>come in a massive plethora of breeds and colors

>bettas
>lifespan of 5 years tops, even with best care
>will rip eachother to shreds, can only keep one per tank
>needs a heater and a weak as fuck filter because it can't survive even the slightest currents
>comes in some flashy colors, but thats it
>betta as fuck

get fukken rekd, op
>>
File: r089380925yu381274.jpg (42 KB, 725x489) Image search: [Google]
r089380925yu381274.jpg
42 KB, 725x489
>>2044509
U 'avin a giggle m8?
Goldfish are fucking elder god tier in the aquarium/pond keeping world.
>Vast amount of colors & sizes
>TONS of breeds to choose from
>Hardy as fuck
>Tons of personality
>Can outlive almost all other household pets
The only downside I can think of is needing to upgrade to a larger tank or pond. Other than that they have no problems.
>>
Paradise fish > all
>>
File: DV_Paradise_fish_male_03.jpg (2 MB, 2503x1800) Image search: [Google]
DV_Paradise_fish_male_03.jpg
2 MB, 2503x1800
>>2044999
Underrated fish
>>
>>2045070
That's a gourami right? Had one of those before. Had character and spunk. Kept him with a school of his/her kind and a betta. I don't really understand how they got along but they did. Never met a betta who thought he was a gourami. Probably wasnt a good idea to put him in there but they coexisted. And the one with character would nip food from my finger.
>>
>>2045070
2fancy4me
>>
>>2044886
>will rip eachother to shreds, can only keep one per tank

That only applies to males
>>
File: 1428913112214.jpg (94 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1428913112214.jpg
94 KB, 700x393
>>2045081
>kept him with a school of his/her kind and a betta
>never met a betta who thought he was a gourami
Fishwithhook.png

All gouramis, including bettas and paradise fish should be kept with no other gouramis, even if they are two different species.
>>
>>2044886
>>no wasting money on a heater
As opposed to wasting 30x that amount on making a hugeass pond with a filter that can compensate for their infinite shitting?
>>
File: 20160125_031312.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160125_031312.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I'm bored, thoughts?
>>
>be at a boba drink store
>notice a dirty fish bowl with a betta in it
>get closer
>the betta is fucking huge and muscular looking
That betta was seriously ripped for a fish. The owner must have been feeding it hormones or it was some ancient beast because I'm pretty sure it could bench more than me.
>>
>>2044886
That's a koi, anon.
>>
File: KGB----09.jpg (18 KB, 452x339) Image search: [Google]
KGB----09.jpg
18 KB, 452x339
>>2045939
Giant Bettas are a thing, anon.
>>
>>2044886
my betta has survived without a heater and his tank is near the window and I live in Canada and i never turn on the heat in my apartment
>>
I came here because I saw a betta, but I realized, this must be what 1911 vs Glock threads must look like to people who know nothing about guns.
Especially with this >>2045070 guy, because while people argue back and forth about why their pistolfu is better than the other pleb-tier gun, some one will always post a revolver or something declaring both sides are incorrect and autistic.
>>
>>2046651
How are they not ripping each other apart?
>>
File: brutal.jpg (96 KB, 736x754) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
96 KB, 736x754
>>
The bubble eye goldfish is a deformed and dysgenic breed.

They're the English Bulldog of the goldfish world.

I don't know where this whole "let's breed incredibly deformed animals for fun" meme came from.
>>
>>2047718
White people
>>
>>2047728
fuck off nigger
>>
>>2045197
my female abused the male until it died
>>
Could you keep a bunch of bettas together like they do with hamsters in stores? Or would, say 5 bettas, all battle to the death?
>>
>>2044509

Please enlighten us, because I can't thing of a single thing bettas do better, or that makes them better, than goldfish.

That said, all freshwater fish are shit. Man up and get a marine tank.
>>
>>2047753
male bettas are incredibly territorial and will rip eachother to shit.
Hamsters are actually a little similar, but not nearly to the same degree. they prefer to be solitary and keeping more than one runs risk of them fighting.
>>
>>2044509
Goldfish is alpha
>>
>>2048106
I understand that hamsters are solitary little assholes but I've never seen them fighting in a cage in the store when there's like 10+ hamsters in there. You would think that it would turn into a bloodbath but it doesn't. Why wouldn't it work the same with bettas?
>>
>>2048193
Bettas are much more territorial than hamsters. You also gotta remember, the 'domestic' bettas are a direct result of the taiwanese and shit breeding them to fight for hundreds of years, and are actually likely more aggressive than their wild ancestors.
>>
>>2046813
The little one gave the fuck up. See how the big one's flaring but the small one isn't? Small fry knows he's fucked if he tries some shit, so he'll be a good boy.

That being said, wouldn't surprise me if the giant one tried clipping the little fucker once the cameraman was gone.
>>
>>2047728
>thai fish farmers
>white
Whatever you say nigger.
>>
>>2046651
>giant betta
Fucking want
>>
>>2047728
You mean yellow people.
>>
>>2046209
No, that is not a koi, google pics of koi, they look nothing like that except for coloration.

It is possible that it is a koi/goldfish hybrid or a wild carp/goldfish hybrid though. Many goldfish breeds grow large enough to mate with koi and their wild carp ancestors. And these hybrids are quite common.
>>
>>2047747
And I've read plenty of horror stories about female bettas. One anon posted in the aquarium general about how one of her female bettas murdered all of the baby cory cats in their tank by ripping out their swim bladders.

The most baffling thing is that many bettas slaughter all shrimp and snails in the tank. Those don't even look like fish, let alone other bettas, so why they felt the need to kill them is beyond me.
>>
>>2046651
What the fucking shit? I need this. They better not be expensive.
>>
>>2048869
Maybe it's just a wild carp with the orange color mutation that managed to survive somehow. I mean, it's too stocky to be a koi and too fucking big to be a goldfish.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.