[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An what is this turtle doing. I need to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1451443140426[1].webm (3 MB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
1451443140426[1].webm
3 MB, 406x720
An what is this turtle doing. I need to know
>>
>>2026297

Being based

Cats suck
>>
Probably trying to get the cat out of its territory
>>
>>2026305
/thread
>>
>>2026297
Just being aggressive.
>>
>>2026297
Either being territoriality aggressive or sexually aggressive.

He want's that cat's sweet ass.
>>
>>2026297
That's a tortoise, hon.
>>
>>2026483
there's no difference.

tortoise, turtle or terrapin refers to the fenotype of the same animal.
>>
>>2026486
Yes but people calling land turtles aka tortoises "turtles" is what leads to stupid people thinking they're all aquatic and throwing tortoises into lakes imagining that they're saving it. The distinction literally saves lives.
>>
>>2026493
even if they knew the difference they'd still end up throwing them into lakes, because people are retarded.

it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>2026494
Coming from the person who insists all reptiles are amphibians.
>>
>>2026496
reptiles are a class of amphibians.

sorry that you dropped out of highschool.
>>
>>2026486
>phenotype
ftfy
protip: use proper grammar when correcting people to avoid looking like a jackass
>>
>>2026501
that sounds like an ingredient of mentos.

it's fenotype in dutch.
>>
I want that cat. It looks chill af and very pettable.
>>
File: skullbash.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
skullbash.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>2026297
Its not very effective
>>
>>2026505
You're not speaking Dutch.
>>
>>2026526
The first rock or steel type cat, nice.
>>
>>2026486
>>2026497
This is akin to calling everything in a body of water a fish.
>>
>>2026669
I mite b
>>2026721
most things able to swim are taxonomically speaking fish.
>>
File: psst.jpg (20 KB, 298x319) Image search: [Google]
psst.jpg
20 KB, 298x319
>>2026743
>if i don't shut up and my last reply is the last thing said i've won
>you are mature and extremely likeable in person
>>
Are all white people's houses that dirty?
>>
>>2026757
no
>>
>>2026721
>>2026496
>what are clades
It's more like calling everything that evolved from X what X most resembles today. I.e. everything with vertebrae are bony fish.

Also there are two different definitions of amphibian, one that describes lifestyle and one that describes a paraphyletic group.

>>2026743
>taxonomically speaking
No, you mean cladistically speaking. Taxonomy has groups like Reptilia despite birds being more closely related to some reptiles than other reptiles. When something changes significantly through evolution it can stop being a thing that it evolved from. See prokaryotes > eukaryotes
>>
>>2027433
> you mean cladistically speaking
cladistics are taxonomy.
>Taxonomy has groups like Reptilia
that's been abandoned since before we were born, and then that time combined 2x
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.