[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just noticed this on one of my cat's letgs. Should I be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_2152.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2152.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
I just noticed this on one of my cat's letgs.
Should I be worried?
It's possible that he got this injury like a week or two ago when he got into a fight with another cat, but I just failed to notice.
>>
File: DSC_2154.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2154.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I think it's possible that this small part is completely ripped out skin
>>
>>2156582
Do you know the other cat he got in a fight with? I'd be worried about FeLV and fiv. If he is an outdoor cat, he'll have to stay inside till it heals. If it's infected or deep you should go to a vet
>>
>>2156593
I have no information on the other cat.
Since they were really angry at each other I was just near him to keep an eye of them. Suddenly my cat attack the other cat and they were fighting for only like 5 seconds or so until I "scared off" the other cat.

He is mostly an indoor cat (and a balcony/rooftop cat), he only goes out for a few hours every day and he spends most of his time quite near the house.

It looks like that part of his skin is possibly completely missing, but I don't know if it's infected.
>>
I would go to the vet to be safe, OP. It will be cheaper now to let the vet clean the wound and give some antibiotics than go when it is infected .
>>
File: DSC_2155.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2155.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>2156593
>>
>>2156598
It sounds like even a few hours a day is too much if this happens.
>>
V E T
E
T
>>
>>2156599
>>2156601
>>2156613
Well fuck, thanks
>>
>>2156626
Like I said, going now will be cheaper than hoping it gets better, but it doesn't and he gets a nasty infection. You'll probably get out this time with the examination fee and 15 bucks with of antibiotics.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.