[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I was drunk I told my girlfriend I'd marry her. She
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: archer.jpg (10 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
10 KB, 285x177
When I was drunk I told my girlfriend I'd marry her. She responded to me by telling me yes, she would marry me. She told me that she really loved me and that I'm the only one she can see herself being with.
I'm sober now and I just realized what happened. I really do like her, but I also know that I am young and literally have an entire life ahead of me. I honestly dont know if i would want to lock myself down to her at 23 years old. I also dont want to turn around and break her heart after she confessed back to me. What the fuck do I do now?
>>
>>17167245
you're fucked m7
>>
Whatever you do don't go through with it until you're ready.
This is literally how I got married man, don't feel pressured to act on it.
One saving grace here could be getting engaged but only getting married when the time is right.
Its a lot easier than getting a divorce.
That, or explain to her that you meant it but you don't feel ready for such a commitment at a young age and you guys should wait a bit before discussing it again.

I'm 23 years old and facing a divorce after drunkenly asking someone I had been dating for 6 months to marry me 2 years ago.
Don't do it man, in fact don't get married ever.
>>
>>17167245
Wow, you sure have dragged yourself into this situation for absolutely no reason. You really should not have done that.

Tell her that after you sobered up, you spoke to your best friend, your parents, and siblings, and have decided you should take it slower because a lot of people get divorced if they don't act careful. Reassure her that you do have these feelings for her, but upon sobering up, you've recognized caution is a good idea.
>>
People say they're gettin married all the time. Don't worry. It's a common thing with relationships too so it's really not that disappointing unless you officially officially become someone's fiancé. You didn't like. Get down on one knee did you?
>>
>>17167245
Do what my brother did. He proposed but gave her one option for marrying - she had to make a degree in mechanical engeneering, which she did but it took her 3 years.
>>
>>17167313
Jesus christ I definitely don't want that to happen to me.
>>17167315
Thanks. I'll probably say this to her next time we speak in person.
>>17167319
No I texted her on the phone, and she was unaware of the fact that I was drunk. My messages didn't have any spelling errors, typos, etc. so she probably thought it was absolutely genuine. That's what makes it scarier to me though. She poured her heart out to me in response to something which seemed genuine to her. Hell, if I try to claim that I was drunk now it might even sound like a cop out to her.
>>17167320
There's no way that actually happened.
>>
OP I'd honestly say just pretend it never happened. If she brings it up, tell her you said you would marry her, and not that you will marry her.

It's common to say that shit if you're in a relationship but you're definitely too young to be tied down, so just play it off because you didn't mean it.
>>
>>17167245
ask her if u can fuck some bitches then come back to her in a year
>>
All you did was talk.

You not engaged yet.

Just carry on like normal.
>>
>>17167245
Just tell her that you were drunk and didnt mean to say you want marry her right away, but that you still want to explore the world with her and then settle down with her when you are older. If she is mature, she will understand because you were drunk.

I think it's a compliment that you see her in your future.
>>
>>17167349
>texted
Tell her your friend borrowed your phone
Haha it's just a prank
>>
>>17167349

ugh wow, you got text engaged? lame.

find out how serious it was like 'yeah i assume were getting married one day' or was it 'WERE ENGAGED NOW - whens the wedding?'
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.