[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first world problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: typical g.jpg (28 KB, 375x355) Image search: [Google]
typical g.jpg
28 KB, 375x355
I am a 24 year old woman. I'm a 24 year old MAD woman. Everywhere I look (nexflix, tv, facebook, 9gag, intergram) women are portrayed as this FASHION-MAKEUP-CONSTANT DIET doll. Am i the only one getting worked up about this? Am i simply looking all the wrong places? is there such a place in social media where u can actually witness women as more than simply these one trick ponies? SOOO TIRED. young girls need someone to look up to. Someone that pops up in their dayly life at least half as much as the kardashians.
>>
>>17164122
This isn' tumblr.
>>
Nothing beats a doll.
t. men
ps. get fit or hide in your womencave
>>
>>17164122
Anon, I'm a girl too.
Most girls ARE like that. In my circle of friends, a lot of girls think only about fashion, make up, watching tv shows, diet and talking shit about others. It's not about the way they're portrayed. They fucking are like that.
Sure, some of my friends have other interests, but many others don't.
If they want to look up at someone inspiring, there are a lot of interesting women, in tv, online and whatever, but honestly you can't get mad at people for liking what they like.
If the kardashians are still everywhere is because someone cares about them.
>>
>Am i the only
No, the entire feminist movement is getting worked up about this.

Women are valued for their appearance, men are valued for their marketable skills. It's just how life is. So a woman that maintains her appearance will be perceived as high-value, similar to a man that has a promising career.

STEM ladies exist, they're just not popular.
>>
>>17164122
What is a MAD woman?
>>
Everything you see is something created to make money. If that thing you are looking at isn't making money, guess what? It is making someone else money. What am I getting at? We live in a Capatlist society, which is NOT good for your mental or physical health. Your mental health is your responsibility, so is your physical health. You should know TV and movies are bullshit world jewery that is trying to convince you of something so that you go out and pay for something to 'remedy' whatwver it is they convinced you of doing.

Dont read magazines. Dont watch TV. Its merely a sales tool. Go outside and use the internet as your entertainment.
>>
>>17164140
Kys
>>
>>17164122
Welcome to the world. Most young men aspire to be meathead sportsballers and most young women want to be the next Kardashian. Its not a women thing, its not even a culture thing, its a "people, especially young people, are mostly imbeciles" thing.
>>
File: 1457709133322.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1457709133322.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>17164176
I have a strange feeling that you are ugly as fuck.
>>
Just stop comparing yourself to younger girls? Why cant they be "in style" and have skills and personality? You know media and social media only show one side, correct? All the girls in that photo could very well be pursuing a bachelor's degree. You're mad because you've fallen into the trap of comparing yourself to a false lifestyle, that doesn't consist of anything BUT image.
>>
>>17164122
so? you don't see men complaining when we see that magazines or ads are full of body builders. we instead strive to become that instead of being lazy feminist who bitch about it.
>>
>>17164122
>>17164135

And all men think about is fashion, beards, watching TV shows, gym, and acting like they're so fucking artsy and cool

The modern world is fucked no matter which sex you are
>>
File: girl gen.jpg (19 KB, 233x379) Image search: [Google]
girl gen.jpg
19 KB, 233x379
I am an elementary teacher. Started teaching 4’th grader and now they are 6’th graders and while the guys go out and play sports and do other activities, the girls tend to just stay in and do their makeup. 12-13 year old girls. I firmly believe that what we see every day helps and inspires us. Young girls do not see anything else other than fashion, makeup, and stay thin so that you stay attractive. It’s like they never had a chance.
>>
Thank you! Finally a thread which isn´t about how to get a girl or how to kill yourself!
>>
>>17164454
You forgot all the "SO cheated, what do" threads.
>>
>what are parrents
>>
what can truely be done? as a teacher?
>>
Nice bait OP. But I'll humor you, I'll bite.

And boys don't have a similar problem? Ask any male kid what they want to be when they grow up, and a majority will tell you some kind of athlete. The next large chunk will say a policeman or firefighter. You'll get some who say superhero as well.

What's the thing in common? They all want to be a physically fit, implicitly attractive and strong man. Boys are pushed to do sports as well, furthering the "problem". True, girls feel pressure, but so do boys. It's kind of upsetting reading things like what you said. It's so one sided.
>>
>>17164122
That booty is simply JUNGLY MONKEYTASTIC
>>
>>17164122
1.) Not all women get portrayed like this
2.) The ones who do put in an effort with their appearance by applying makeup and doing their hair do it for the same reason we all do it: we want to appear presentable. That applies about forty times over for people appearing on TV or in magazines.

There's nothing wrong with trying to look good though. I guess it depends on how much money or time you spend on it, and how much you worry about it. As a guy I can say that when I go out, I'm conscious about what I look like. And that when I look better, I feel a little better too.
>>
23M gonna weigh in here.

Looks are important to me but establishing an emotional and intellectual connection is more important. I would not even consider dating one of the girls you are referring to, or even so much as talk to them if I could help it.

That said, if I connect with a girl that isn't willing to take care of herself physically I will lose interest.

Unfortunately it seems in the world today that the majority of people (male and female) are these types of people; only interested in shallow connections and superficialities. Which is great for the types of people, not so great for our type of people. There's someone out there for each of us though.
>>
I suggest you move to a muslim country, I heard Iran has almost 50% females in STEM science.
>>
>>17164122
I'm also a 24 year old girl and I'm not interested in that kind of stuff so I just don't look at it. My own group of friends in real life has a pretty wide range of interests and it hasn't been hard for me to meet people like that. While I agree that it's not great that media overwhelmingly depicts women as shallow and vain and all that, it's important to remember that that stuff isn't reality and most people don't live like that.
>>
>>17164718
I don't know about that, when I was like 8 I wanted to be a cool aloof slacker like the guys I admired from tv and movies. It was the 90's and grunge was really in and movies like empire records and clerks were kind of ruling my world. I think that's probably not a unique influence for a lot of guys either- that's why if you look around at dudes in their late 20's early 30's you see so many boys that never really grew up. Why? because it was packaged marketed and sold to us wholesale that that was really cool, and trying really hard was lame.
>>
>ITT: Women who hit the wall hard now jealous of other younger, healthier, skinnier women.

It is all about face, skin, weight, and frame and you waste all of it in your prime days.
>>
>>17164304
>things women desperately tell themselves to feel better
>>
>>17164155
You first. And last.
>>
File: 1455123193776.jpg (80 KB, 720x937) Image search: [Google]
1455123193776.jpg
80 KB, 720x937
Yeah OP I was pissed about the beauty propaganda too until I realized how much power you gain by being attractive. I lost weight, learned how to do hair/makeup, and started carrying myself with more confidence, and it is SO much easier to manipulate people. Not only men, women as well. Life's a cakewalk if you're even mildly attractive.

You won't see the media dominated by fat hairy linebacker bitches anytime soon, so you might as well buy into it and reap the rewards. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
>>
how hard is it just to shut your tv off? I literally never see a kardashian in my life, unless there's the odd mention of them in the ladbible's facebook, and then i just scroll past and dont open it.

it's really not that hard. youre just complaining without trying to do anything about it. you're the most annoying type of person.
>>
OP, I feel for you.

>be 27 yo female (nearing 28)
>grew up in a house full of females focused on all that nonsense
>partook, as it was all I knew
>turned 19 and thought I was trans
>6 months lather I realized I simply lacked solid female role models

Solid women are out there. My advice: ignore all that nonsense, and focus on yourself. You will drive yourself mad trying to change it, and more-so getting pissed off at it.

Things that bother you will always exist. The best you can do is try and understand it, and move on.

Good luck. There is a light at the end of the tunnel...just gotta broaden your views.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (42 KB, 547x523) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
42 KB, 547x523
>>17164122
>>
>>17164141
An angry woman?
>>
>>17164314
You sound like a fatass
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 710x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 710x293
Well certainly it is stupid how vain our society is as a whole, and I'd say it is important to try to change it. But what can we do? We can raise our children the way we like and express our opinion every now and then, but don't expect to change our culture

A vain, greedy, materialistic populace keeps the economy flowing. Don't expect that to change
>>
>>17164122
Stop complaining and do something about it.. Or keep it out of your perspective of vision.
Otherwise you just come across as jealous of the attention whoring.
>>
>>17164122
Have a kid n raise them right.
>>
>>17165455
This desu familia.

Play the game with the intentions of winning.

No one gives a fuck how much better you think you are because you don't enjoy the current state of society. Shut the fuck up and use the system to your advantage.
>>
>>17164314
>It’s like they never had a chance.
Only if you believe that people are nothing more than mindless automatons.

Does the media influence us? Of course. Is it turning little girls into plastic barbie dolls and little boys into meathead jocks? NO, it's not.

It's time for people to start taking responsibility for themselves.
>>
>>17164122
>young girls need someone to look up to
What, and these attractive, healthy, fit women are bad role models? That makes no sense.
>>
Judaic Social Culture directs American and by way African American culture to the point of fabricating the 'Nigger Class" you know who I am talking about, the Whips and Chains, those fools who learned nothing from history.

Do not be surprised you are being brainwashed when you Watch Brain-Wash

fucking christ. 4chan is like the under belly of the world where retards come for penance and the sluts think they matter.
>>
>>17166621
>>17166621

Look up the new film: "The Nice Guys"

I just watched the trailer at a chinese bar and I swear to you the imagery dipicts Drive Man Mc Feelington just basically taking a 9 year old girl to vegas or some raunchy shit, she gets desensitized by the end.

fucking propaganda if you ask me
>>
>>17166648
Good
>>
>>17164149
This.

Its the fact that sex sells when political correctness becomes a thing. What's even more disgusting is how much its utilized in even low-level business. They honestly think that sticking as many slutty looking, seemingly flirty females in front end jobs will increase sales. This isn't fucking Japan. Stop trying to make this into Japan.

We don't need a mass of suicidal, completely cucked men who bow down at every word a female says. Its more of a fucking plot to demasculate the men and make the country easier to sway to whatever trend comes out.

/co/mblr doesn't give a shit, they're riding the piss drinking train, with their "her herpes are cute, CUTE!" memes and such.
>>
>>17164960
at the same time, for men, the basic image is: homer simpson, Al bundy and kanye west. either be a fat looser or an sporty egomaniac.
>>
File: marie Curie.jpg (15 KB, 176x260) Image search: [Google]
marie Curie.jpg
15 KB, 176x260
It is important to distinguish between obsessed/doing anything(operations/extreme diets) with looking in a certain way to attract people, and wanting to stay fit and healthy. This ANNOYING illusion of how girls should look like and say is in the way. What is most important is how girls look. It is MORE important for girls than guys.
>>
File: Reality.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Reality.gif
3 MB, 320x240
This is one of the tastiest threads on /adv/. I love it.

Although it's not my favorite album, Pink Floyd's The Wall, is a great listen despite being past the prime of the band.
>>
>>17164122
Women had been educated to be little princess since the beginning of time (well, not the beginning, but you get the idea). It became a circle with no end; little girls look up to these girls and they want to be like them.

Stop complaining anon. Now go out and try be someone. Someone that can inspire little people to be something better than what they see in the media.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.