[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a hobby that I can use to grow and maybe make money out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I need a hobby that I can use to grow and maybe make money out of. Something that can keep me as interested, or at least compulsive, as sitting behind a computer screen for 12+ hours is.

No job, thanks. Got one of those. Just something to help me pass the time on my days off.

Also I have trouble working out because I tend to drop it due to depression around the one month point. So while that suggestion will be appreciated, I would like others as well.
>>
The definition of a hobby is something you don't or can't make money off of. If your enjoyment is derived only through making money off of it, you are best taking up a second side job or picking up new work skills (e.g. taking management courses that will work towards padding your resume).

If your derive pleasure out of getting tangible results, do things like starting a windowsill garden. Homebrew.

If you derive pleasure out of social aspects and getting "out and about", volunteer as a dog walker at your local shelter. Join a book club or hiking club. Sign up for dance or martial arts classes.
>>
>>17136257
I originally mentioned the hobby as a source of income because I was thinking about getting into costume making. Since I occasionally cosplay and LARP. Which can lead to pocket money if I do it for other people.

But yeah, not too keen on social hobbies. Not too great with people but dog walking sounds great.

Can't do gardening because I would probably neglect it and they would wither away. Similar to working out. I'm terrible with long term goals because my depression drags me down. What do you mean by homebrew though?
>>
>>17136249
Take a community college class in something "useless" - Beginner Cooking, Art Appreciation, Auto repair, Pottery Making, whatever.

You'll have fun, learn something, and meet other people doing the same thing.
>>
>>17136275
Literally making your own alcohol at home.
>costume making makes money
Have you ever been to /cgl/? You either never get even the cost of materials back when you make things, or you get torn apart for it being too expensive and too shit.
>>
>>17136284
True, good point.

Though I thought you meant something else for homebrewing. Can't do alcohol stuff because my parents are recovering alcoholics who are boarding anot her recovering alcoholic.

>>17136282
I might do this.

So I take dog walking for animal shelter and learning how to costume make. Dog walking will probably stick due to forcing me out without huge commitment.

Thanks anon.
>>
Play poker
>>
What are you interested in? Computers? Fishing?
>>
>>17136249
Gym??
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.