[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i work better with a group?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1412463482366.jpg (106 KB, 573x569) Image search: [Google]
1412463482366.jpg
106 KB, 573x569
I'm a very independent person who ether wants to be the leader of a group or to work by myself. I'm starting to do improv classes and this way of doing things does not work at all and you have to be a team player.

How do i work with a group and be apart of the team instead of trying to be the leader?
I feel like i only do this because i'm insecure.
>>
>>17106511
Team work is important, it helps to put the blame on someone else.
>>
You could just be really task oriented. Make lists of all group tasks to be completed, have *group* discuss who should do what-make things super clear and agreed upon. If group member doesnt follow through, bring up issue to other members of group (remind them what you all agreed to) and confront the shitty member together. If there's only three group members it's a bit more complicated as the third wheel effect tends to single out someone.
>>
I'm the same. I guess it is because i'm a perfectionist. Hate to admit it, but i like things to go my way.
I have had to learn to take my own opinion back sometimes and listen to what others have to say too. The quiet ideas can turn out pretty awesome! For example: i'm currently moving in with my bf and i need to REALLY take myself back with wanting exactly "THAT BED/RUG/SOFA/WHATEVER". or have it arranged EXATLY SO AND SO. Turns out he has some pretty neat ideas i haven't even thought about... listening to different ideas and compromising seems to be more productive and "teamworky".
>>
>>17106511
The essence of improv classes is NOT learning how to make up acting as you go along. It's about learning to trust the other actors, which is essential even when doing scripted plays. And of course it can carry over into other fields, like business.

You just have to take the chance. It's like that acting exercise in which you fall backwards, trusting them to catch you. You HAVE to trust them.

The same thing is true in group school projects or workplaces. It is quite possible that your co-workers won't do the job the way you would do it on your own. But the working-together is as important as the final product.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.