[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to ask her out after a rejection?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1459097102852.jpg (635 KB, 1537x2100) Image search: [Google]
1459097102852.jpg
635 KB, 1537x2100
I got rejected about two weeks ago. I asked her out, she agreed but then she flaked, she sees me as a friend and she doesn't want to ruin our friendship. And I was actually okay with that, maybe she's not the right one; I was ready to move one. Not a big deal, right? Everything went back like nothing happened.

It's been a while, but I still feel something for her - more than something. So I was asking myself if it is worth my time to try again, maybe I shouldn't straight up ask her out again... just flirting, very carefully.
>>
How does it make sense to try again after she gave you a clear and firm no? If anything you're just going to make things worse for yourself by pushing the subject when she has no interest in pursuing something with you.
>>
>>17089079
I had that exact kind of situation two months ago. It hit me really hard and I struggled to deal with it because I liked her a lot and I was around her constantly due to work.

I told myself though that she knew I liked her and if she changed her mind for whatever reason she'd approach me, but there was no way in hell she'd do that anyway. I mean, I didn't have a chance.

Or so I thought. Two days ago she asked me out and told me I'd "planted the idea in her head".

Don't ask her out again, leave it to her. If there is potential, just be the best you can be around her and maybe she'll change her mind. Don't wait for it though, move on - now that so much time has passed and I got over all my feelings before she asked me out, I feel like I have enough distance that I can get a better perspective on things and not make rash decisions, and hopefully be better for her in the long run.
>>
The thirst is strong with this one Lord Sidious
>>
>>17089084
Well, here's the thing. It wasn't a clear and firm no. She changed her mind, she wasn't sure. So I made a step back. That's why I'm asking!

>>17089090
That's what I tought: I surely won't ask her out directly. But I still want to be ready to move on.
>>
>>17089099
It's clear she's letting you down lightly. If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't have cancelled the date. Trust me dude, it's better if you move on and pretend nothing happened.
>>
>>17089109
Okay, that's actually reasonable. I'll think about it... thank you anon. I'm still a bit confused about what happened.
>>
>>17089090
I'm in the early stage of this:two dats ago I declared to her but she said she was not interested in relationship.
Today she said she was worring for me (we also are in work situation) and we talked about how to hide this thing from others.
I really like her and I still hope that she may eventually love me back, but hoping is wrecking me because it sure doesn't help with getting up
This is the first time this happens to me, I realize it is pretty early to say anything but could someone give advice?

Also this thread is pretty bad because it made me hope
>>
>>17089895
Ok anon,

I'm this guy - >>17089090

All I can say is - Don't have hope. Accept things as hopeless, if/when something good happens it'll be a wonderful surprise.
>>
>>17089079
>she sees me as a friend and she doesn't want to ruin our friendship
That means SHE'S NOT FUCKING INTERESTED, YOU AUTISTIC FUCK.

Leave her the fuck alone. She turned you down, deal with it.
>>
>>17089985
Thanks anon, that makes sense

I wish the best for you two
>>
>Is it okay to ask her out again after a rejection?
No. Never, under any circumstances, should you continue to pursue someone who has turned you down.

To be honest, it sounds like you're carrying too much of a torch as it is. You need time and distance, to let your feelings cool; you don't have to cut all contact forever and ever or anything dramatic like that, but you do need to distance yourself again. Unrequited love is bad for the psyche.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.