[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: qa_bored.jpg (26 KB, 490x302) Image search: [Google]
qa_bored.jpg
26 KB, 490x302
Help me out. I don't know what to do... Seriously. I'm so bored and playing games is getting boring for me. Does /adv/ have any tips for entertaining myself at home, preferably on internet? I just seem to not get excited about anything, it's all just dark and boring.
>>
why is entertaining yourself the goal? everyone today is so entrenched in hedonism, it's just all about video games and funny videos.

how about reading some non-fiction books, finding an interest that way? you'll find it much more fulfilling in the longterm to develop intellectual interests.

let me tell you something about video games: they're pathetic. you're buying into and feeding an industry that is made purely to make your life stagnate, lost in unreal fantasies that have no real life application. they make video games to appeal to the masses of children and manchilds who would rather engage themselves in fantasy living rather than facing the brutal emptiness of their own lives. you're distracting yourself and wasting your life. by relying on games to "entertain yourself" you are literally setting yourself up for a lifetime of misery because the moment you don't have some pathetic, petty, childish distraction you will be LOST. you need to learn how to just BE with yourself without some mindless entertainment and you need to learn how to activate your intelligence and use it for something worthwhile. seriously, grow up before it's too late and your brain finishes its development wired up to be a lifelong manchild.
>>
>>16438202
Well I should be on this website either way, you probably have the mindset that I'm over 18 which is wrong but that is a good reply. And I don't find anything entertaining in books, it's just boring to read them and it's a waste of time for me, I realize that playing video games is wasting my life basically but I'm young and I have nothing else to do. But thanks again.
>>
>>16438194
Video games are great to use once in a while. For instance, I will never be a professional soccor player, so it's nice to play a soccor game. I'm never going to be in a desolate wasteland, and wouldn't want to be, but creating a story is fun.
But you really should get out more. I went to this Ren fest theatre dinner, and it was pretty silly. I work with kids, so I spend some of my free time concocting learning games for them, testing some of them out on my family on Sundays, when we all have the day off.
I work on my artwork, which is homework for me, but is still fun.
But if you really must do something on the computer, why not learn to make games? Even tiny simple ones could excite you. I loved making my first game, even if it was pitiful.
>>
Kind of on the same boat as you, OP. Nothing is entertaining to me anymore and I'm also completely unmotivated to set out on a quest to find something that I enjoy.
I'm currently taking antidepressants in hopes that maybe they might make me see shit with a different perspective, but honestly, I think I'm approaching the end of the line here. Gonna try a few more pills, maybe ECT, and if that doesn't put a dent in it, it's either an hero or mental hospital for me
>>
>>16438208
i stopped playing video games at age 13. grow up.
>>
>>16438241
I feel you. I'm not that depressed it's just being so unmotivated and bored. Try watching some motivation videos on youtube some are really good. Trust me, reply when you done watching a few and tell me how you feel, I feel better after like 2 or 3 and it motivates me alot.
>>
>>16438275
What do you do then? Like I don't know what else to do it's not like I'm obsessed, I'm just bored and it doesn't excite me anymore.
>>
>>16438241
Oh and how old are you? If you around 21+ you could do online bets, for example my brother plays it all day when he does nothing but make a bet from about 10 matches trough the day and
watches them and it entertains him, and no you don't have to be a greedy fucker and bet a lot, my bro bets like 3-5$ and if he wins sometimes, or probably I could say alot of times he wins and gets around 150-200$ and as much as I know it entertains him and he loves to watch matches and cheer. If you would like doing something with gambling then take this /adv/. Have a good one
>>
>>16438194
only boring people get bored
>>
Drugs make things look and feel different\ interesting. But seriously, NO METH!!
>>
>>16438194
>Meatspin.com
>>
get into baking bread. also lose some weight. Stop eating fat and sugar.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.